Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! (26678 Views)

How To Tell If Your Catalytic Converter Has Been Stolen / Help With Brain Box Number / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by hakym619(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2019
Streal someone else'

what do i know?
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by hakym619(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2019
Streal someone else'

what do i know?
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by showafrica(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Lucky they didn't steal d whole car.

I am suprised too
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Observer007(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2019
shocked

I've had mine stolen twice and replaced twice! So chillex8's golden rule is merely commonsense to me now.

I can park most other cars, like my Peugeot 406 coupe, anywhere outside and nothing gets tampered with. Same applies to cars like Mercedes Benz, BMWs etc. But don't try that with Toyotas and Hondas.

Their parts are market movers, and frustratingly, so easy to yank off.

8 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by showafrica(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2019
Hedonini:
I don't know why people keep buying this car. The probability of vandalism and theft is just too high to justify whatever other advantages it might have.

Ordinarily to park this Corolla for outside beer parlour come rush two bottles of beer with peppersoup, na wahala. You fit finish come outside you no go see your car again. Complete nonsense.

I tell you, i parked a Toyota one day for broad day light enter one joint come out, i no see my laptop again. They used another key to open the door

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by jaxxy(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2019
This is the season of vandals for Toyota’s and Lexus, heighten ur security watch.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Acehart: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:
An okada man hit my door and damaged it...and though he admitted its his fault I let him go cos of mercy.
Parked my car (Toyota Corolla 2004 model) outside cos there were truvks blocking my gate that night and before morning thieves came and stole my brain box and many other things.

THE CAR IS JUST FEW MONTHS OLD #sobs

You could have done a comprehensive car insurance. You wouldn’t have had this headache

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Raysleek: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2019
SaintHilary:
We Nigerians should learn to leave this ugly car alone!
It's easier for a thief to Steal from a Parked Corrolla than from a 6 year old child

Follow the reigning Auto Thread, Buy a Cheap Honda Civic, Park m for 3rd Mainland bridge go house..no shaking tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1200000-less-tokunbo-cars/100#5167845.3217
GOD bless you. Nigerians leave this ugly boring toyota alone haba I don't like this car for one thing. The steering look is so boring and the inside is so small. Coupled with the fact that imost of it has low security and this makes it more prone to vandals and thieves.
The money you save on fuel economy you will spend on brain box one day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by oloriLFC(f): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Na wah for Corolla thieves o. My brother's car was stolen outside his gate too. Was like magic. Parked outside after work, Woke up the next morning and boom, car was nowhere to be found

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Bakerdav: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Hedonini:
I don't know why people keep buying this car. The probability of vandalism and theft is just too high to justify whatever other advantages it might have.

Ordinarily to park this Corolla for outside beer parlour come rush two bottles of beer with peppersoup, na wahala. You fit finish come outside you no go see your car again. Complete nonsense.
fuel consumption ni
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Reference(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Excuse me, but what is a brain box?...
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Softenergy(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:
An okada man hit my door and damaged it...and though he admitted its his fault I let him go cos of mercy.
Parked my car (Toyota Corolla 2004 model) outside cos there were truvks blocking my gate that night and before morning thieves came and stole my brain box and many other things.

Now I have fixed other things remaining the brain box. The one I got today did not start the car. And the mechanic and electrician assured me that they will get the one that will fit.

My question is this, when I change the brain box will the car start giving issues or it will still work as it was before?

Copy the model of your car or take a picture of it, take it to the nearest auto parts sales market, probably you might buy your own stolen brain box.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by maasoap(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2019
airbrush:

take brain of anybody who voted for buhari in 2015 .their brain and that of toyota cars na the same !

You didn't make sense. Just another bitter loser. Loser!
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by bonnyhope: 7:15am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Now I have fixed other things remaining the brain box. The one I got today did not start the car. And the mechanic and electrician assured me that they will get the one that will fit.

My question is this, when I change the brain box will the car start giving issues or it will still work as it was before?

Provided you get the suitable one, the car will work normal, the brain box of mine have been stolen 2 times. I am still using the car no issues, Corolla is a good model. Don't be troubled
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by osazsky(m): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2019
Toyota way one key fut open all Toyota cars in Nigeria spits

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by suzzyboss(m): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Don't be scared oo it's a very simple matter.. The brain box have to be programmed with the sensor in the car key..
It's. The same that happens when you change keys without programming it... The car won't start... Just go to people that cut and program car key they know what to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by gbagyiza: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
You need to take the old brainbox or snap the part number on d old brainbox in order to purchase a match brainbox. After obtaining a match brainbox, the technician needs to match the purchase brainbox with d key using a car diagnostic tool before it will start reason is that d key is coded to enable unlocking of the brainbox. Contact me on 08060788299 for further guide n assistance.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:23am On Nov 15, 2019
cluewebhost:
Welcome to corolla ownership.
Buy the correct part number and it would be fine.
Please don't park outside again you're lucky you saw the vehicle.
He should park inside his room? Na face me I face you the guy dey stay nau.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by whizcartel(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2019
AND THE TOYOTA BOYS STRIKE AGAIN!!!
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by yusufu16: 7:33am On Nov 15, 2019
Reference:

Engine Control Unit (ECU), that's the proper name

Nigerians can change the name of anything in this country

7 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by greggng: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

What happen to you is just a normal thing in Lagos ....they did it to two of our corolla at our car stand before we hired security men. Just get a good rewire that will help you buy the exact brain box ....it will work perfectly ....nothing to worry
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by KIDfurniture(m): 7:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Toyota!!!! If you dont want to die of heart attack avoid toyota...you re lucky sef they didnt steal the entire car. Just go and worship your God abeg. Just brain box..I'm sorry for you. Maybe this na warning sha. They are waiting for you to replace the brain box..this time na the entire POT them go carry.. toyota worst nightmare..

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by yusufu16: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Reference:

Engine Control Unit (ECU), that's the proper name

Nigerians can change the name of anything in this country.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Mrtaye: 7:35am On Nov 15, 2019
chillex8:
Golden rule of corolla ownership:

Never park a corolla outside the gate, no matter the circumstance, time of the day or predicament.

Sorry for your loss, and yes you will get a brainbox to match.
50% possibility you might even get your old brainbox.
This thieves came to my area in magodo and vandalized over 30 Toyota vehicles
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Kaymaxine(m): 7:36am On Nov 15, 2019
nototribalist:
Expert in the house, please is there a possibility for someone to put GPS in a brain box. Cos I want to buy corolla and I don't want a quarrel with brainbox thieves
Oga,learn from other people's mistakes!!!
If you don't use corolla,what will happen
I use a 2006 Mazda 6 and I can tell you it's the best so far!!!

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by MoIbrahim: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2019
SaintHilary:
We Nigerians should learn to leave this ugly car alone!
It's easier for a thief to Steal from a Parked Corrolla than from a 6 year old child

Follow the reigning Auto Thread, Buy a Cheap Honda Civic, Park m for 3rd Mainland bridge go house..no shaking tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1200000-less-tokunbo-cars/100#5167845.3217

Okay, we have left it alone. Are you happy now?
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by smithe113(m): 7:40am On Nov 15, 2019
kuntash:
And this news made front page ?

Chai !

It's far better than news of "Tacha spotted dancing at pool party etc"...... Reading this thread, I have learnt that Toyota Corolla attracts thief like flies, I would now start taking extra precautions to ensure my Corolla's brainbox isn't stolen.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Rubbiish(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2019
egwekwe:
For peace of mind, Never buy Toyota corolla/camry in Nigeria especially Lagos unless you have a top notch security .

That car attracts thief life flies
Lols
U are funny
People shouldn't buy corolla & Camry?
If u remove corolla and Camry which car go remain for Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Asunaky: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2019
Get a GENUINE ECU .. a perfect match at a good rate... 081 20 30 63 56..
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by mustydeen(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Send your chassis number, I will post the right part number and exact fitting brainbox
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by omonla10(m): 7:54am On Nov 15, 2019
Oga fear not...!!!!
Corolla 04 Brain box is now 15k at ladipo.. My friend passed Tru same last month
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by shortgun(m): 7:57am On Nov 15, 2019
Very useless lazy ugly car with keke napep engine. angry
Fuel economy my ass.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Ban Use Of Covered Vehicle Number Plate Across Nigeria / Would You Buy This Mclaren F1 For N5.8 Billion? (photos) / Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.