Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure (20179 Views)

FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills / Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Meeting taking place 2/3 days before Buhari's scheduled return.

I have a feeling PMB would not be returning as scheduled. He is trapped in the land of our enemy ; May our gods see his timely and safe return.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by AkwalaIke1: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
EVarn:
People like at why the government is currently considering regulating social media, what is the point of this insultive post on your President?.
[/s]
thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah amin
thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah amin
thunder scatter Aisha masha Allah Amin
thunder scatter Zara Insha'Allah amin
thunder scatter Yusuf masha Allah Amin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by prigoz(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
We are very funny, the president told us that the border was closed because of foreign good and some fools believe him, but the same president traveled to London to eat foreign food and enjoy oyibo medicine. Hypocrisy is when you see white due to foolish blindness, you call it black to avoid hurting somebody. My happiness is that hardship in the country is affecting everybody direct or indirect. Next level is yet to come

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by HowDareU: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
I take God beg una. Please, the borders should remain closed till further notice. Going against this means the FG is just a mere toothless sissy. Moreover, this our neighbors self stubborn oh. Una no dey give up? Check my blog for all your securiy needs at www.securitymattersafrica.com
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by kevwemike: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Christian110is:
Nice one
pls house no body should give this bet9ja guy his or her money the guy is a scammer pls oooo everything he posted there are all lies
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Godhatesodomy: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wow
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Area4Area: 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Islie:

By Vincent Ikuomola,

Nigeria is locked in a meeting with neighbouring countries over the recent border closure.

The Tripartite Committee Meeting by the Foreign Ministers of Nigeria, Benin and Niger Republic is to consider the conditions put forward by Nigeria before the land borders can be opened for goods importation.

The Federal Government Committee had met fortnight ago setting conditions for reopening of the country’s borders for goods importation from neighbouring countries.

Nigeria also insisted that neighbouring countries must respect the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) rules of origin if they must bring goods into the country.

Details shortly…

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-nigeria-meets-benin-niger-over-border-closure/

That's all we want.

We give you conditions and you must accept.

We and the rest of ECOWAS combined are not mates in any way.
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Hoojay(f): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
Me i am tired of eating sand sand rice o... shocked
we now pick rice like we are picking beans nowadays
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Hoojay(f): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
Quote me if you don't eat stones in your rice
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
GenBuhari:
Meeting taking place 2/3 days before Buhari's scheduled return.

I have a feeling PMB would not be returning as scheduled. He is trapped in the land of our enemy ; May our gods see his timely and safe return.

Anybody else notice that story omitted to reveal the venue of this meeting?

Me thinks it could be in London. PMB is not their on private business, but secretive business as ordered the white devils that continue to control our governments.
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by musicwriter(m): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nigerians are the ones importing foreign rice into Nigeria, not foreigners.

To solve the problem, you must grow foreign rice in Nigeria. You cannot stop Nigerians from importing foreign rice as long as there's demand for it here. Resolve your issues at home and stop blaming neighboring countries. Benin and Niger have nothing to do with it. They just happen to be unfortunate neighbors to the most corrupt country in the world.
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Area4Area: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hoojay:
Quote me if you don't eat stones in your rice
I eat local rice that's stone free and so?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by nototribalist: 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
They should hurry up, the Ghanaian economy is about to die.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Hoojay(f): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Area4Area:
I eat local rice that's stone free and so?

without picking?
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Area4Area: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
musicwriter:
Nigerians are the ones importing foreign rice into Nigeria, not foreigners.

To solve the problem, you must grow foreign rice in Nigeria. You cannot stop Nigerians from importing foreign rice as long as there's demand for it here. Resolve your issues at home and stop blaming neighboring countries. Benin and Niger have nothing to do with it. They just happen to be unfortunate neighbors to the most corrupt country in the world.
We can manage, keep your Asian rice to yourselves.
We are trying to resolve our problems so save us the lectures, epistles and sermons
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by backbone503(m): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fairview1:
So long as I am not the type who always cry over the things I can't change, there's only one thing I see on this issue of this Border Closure. Its a calculated political gimmicks which those at Nigeria helm of affairs used to enrich themselves. This may be unbeknownst to our presidential economic council.

Border closure is of no economic benefit to the Nigeria Economy, most especially as it regards the current situation of the country!

The people who control the power used that to impede the importation of foreign goods, particularly on the area of Rice Importation,drive consumer demand at the local market, hence steeping the price of locally produced commodities thereby making more money for themselves or the government or so they said.

These are some of the scenarios that are well written on the script. Many more are yet to be revealed.

The intention is good. This govt has done what previous govts lacked the balls to do. However, I'll only take this govt seriously if it replicates this policy in the Oil Sector (particularly the downstream and midstream sectors)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Area4Area: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hoojay:

without picking?
No picking bro, just cook as you do foreign rice.
Nobody needs to tell you when you see the unstoned, unmilled rice, sellers would even tell you.

I've been having the local rice even before the border closure
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by airminem(f): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
hammerD:
IT IS EITHER THE BORDER OPEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS OR IT REMAIN CLOSED INDEFINITELY.

ME, I DONT TRUST BUHARI, BECOS EVERYTHING SEEMS TO HAVE ISLAMISATION UNDERTONE WITH HIM.
u

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Hoojay(f): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Area4Area:
No picking bro, just cook as you do foreign rice.
Nobody needs to tell you when you see the unstoned, unmilled rice, sellers would even tell you.

I've been having the local rice even before the border closure

do you have any idea of the price per bag and whats your location
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by hammerD: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
airminem:
u
lol, are u the pretty lady on dp? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Arijude(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
EVarn:
People like you are why the government is currently considering regulating social media, what is the point of this insultive post on your President?.
Ain't good but you guys did worse to Jonathan. You people should stop cooking what you don't eat.
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Hardestknock55: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
AkwalaIke1:
Buhari is a criminal terrorist vagabond

You are playing with life jail or death sentence cheesy ......
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by airminem(f): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
hammerD:
lol, are u the pretty lady on dp? cheesy
Seems u like any lady!
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by hammerD: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
airminem:
Seems u like any lady!

At the end of hammer is a D. wink
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Raddie(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
As always real issues are avoided -
" Nigeria also insisted that neighbouring countries must respect the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) rules of origin if they must bring goods into the country."
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by airminem(f): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
hammerD:

At the end of hammer is a D. wink
ofcus
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by hammerD: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
airminem:
ofcus

U have a dirty mind, I never said anything aside an innocent D. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by mamaafrik(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Welcome to dreamland,Buhari ear wey dey owode onirin dey receive repair work,so coscharis,dangote and that other people go con waste money abi.
Awon ridiatus,he is just doing maradonna for una ni jo,Diplomatic stunting
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Swanzi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
nototribalist:
They should hurry up, the Ghanaian economy is about to die.

See this mumu is that why ur chewing stones grin
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Charly68: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thank God Buhari is a hard nut to crack ..let them cry or shout the border remain closed until they restore sanity
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by Bobyro: 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure by musicwriter(m): 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Area4Area:
We can manage, keep your Asian rice to yourselves.
We are trying to resolve our problems so save us the lectures, epistles and sermons

Then, you have to stop importing foreign rice into Nigeria. But whether you like it or not, Benin and Niger will continue to import rice into their respective countries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Donates Bus To Bethesda Home, Restates Commitment To Electoral Promise / Okonjo-Iweala May Lose Out On WTO Top Job As AU Considers Other Candidates / BREAKING: Over 50 Killed, Many Injured As Terrorists Attack Market In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.