Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

You Could Lose Your Job Overnight, Invest In Building A Home, Expert Says - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / You Could Lose Your Job Overnight, Invest In Building A Home, Expert Says (657 Views)

Money Transfer Companies Could Lose $400 Million To Bitcoin Wallets. / Home Ownership Is Mostly A Bad Investment- Expert Says / Bitcoin Price Warning: Expert Says Not To Touch Cryptocurrency Until This Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Could Lose Your Job Overnight, Invest In Building A Home, Expert Says by shehuolayinka(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Social Commentator and Strategy & Business Transformation Expert, Ayo Bankole has advised Nigerians to invest some portions of their money into building a home.

Bankole said this in a series of tweets in reaction to tweets credited to Dr. Tayo Oyedeji that “home ownership is mostly a bad investment.”

He said, "My father died when I was 16, my mother was newly retired, had invested her terminal benefits in Dad’s business (amongst other stories which made everything die with him). Less than 3months, we were thrown out of the house by the Landlord, even though we could afford it."

"I read Robert Kiyosaki’s book as a young boy, even before my experience, I knew, that his views were too narrowed on western realities than African realities. As I thought then, so I still think now. As he wrote then, so do people like Dr Tayo Oyedeji still write now. Wake up!"

"Some principles in advanced societies cant be applied here. You can lose your job overnight because your Boss woke up on the bad side, or lost money to 419. no social safety nets, healthcare, etc. If Devil wants to finally get you, no house. You’ll be in the rain with your family."

"We left our rented house in Isolo, moved to Meiran. Then I was always in a Jakande estate with my friends. A few of my friends’ parents lost their jobs to the bank failures then. Those who owned their flats were safe, tenants had their properties in the sun & rain in no time."

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/11/14/you-could-lose-your-job-overnight-invest-in-building-a-home-expert-says/

(1) (Reply)

Capital Ready Package / #BILLIONAIRES NEXT MOVE: 2020!!! Join The Train And You Could Be One Of Them. / How To Be Financially Independent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.