Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,577 members, 7,801,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? (5640 Views)

How Carnival, Efik Calabar Culture Was Transported To Caribbean / The Annang People Of Akwa Ibom State / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
cry hey can someone tell me the difference between Ibiobios, Annangs and Efiks?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by ZombieTERROR: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
There is no difference

The days of divide and conquer are over...

South south region is marching forward in unison
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
There is no difference

The days of divide and conquer are over...

South south region is marching forward in unison

Y'all speak same language?
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by Blue3k(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
There's a dialectical difference between the languages. It's like asking difference between mandarin and Cantonese languages.

It's interesting how people groups so closure together geographically speak differently. Im sure this interesting topic for linguists.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by mrvitalis(m): 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

Y'all speak same language?
Same language different dialect

Same as yoruba and ilaje
Igbo n nsukka or Igbo n ikwerri

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by JonDon12: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Blue3k:
There's a dialectical difference between the languages. It's like asking difference between mandarin and Cantonese languages.

It's interesting how people groups so closure together geographically speak differently. Im sure this interesting topic for linguists.

I would really like to know. I once dated an Ibibio girl who told me that Ibibio and Efik are extremely closely related people but Efik are more but the Efik in the precolonial days were the rulers while the Ibibio were the subjects. She said thats the main difference. Efik is just a different class. Please am not trying to insult anybody. I love the efik Ibibio people. All my Imabongs , Ofons, Uduaks. U need to have stamina for those girls O. I love the food too. Afang Soup. God bless the Efik-Ibibio. But I would like to hear in a respectful manner the history between the two. And as I said, If I gave Offense, It is the opposite of my intentions.
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Say these words slowly: Ee-be-bioh, Ah-nna-ngs, Eh-fik.

Did you notice the mouth movements? The diffrence is if you did not brush and say some of these words, the amount of air that would come out of your mouth to foul the next person's breath can sandfill two plots of land.

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

I was forced to check your profile and discovered you just joined newly precisely Nov 3 and be creating this kind of nuisance here.

Creating thread upon thread all geared towards bringing insult to ndigbo.

You need to be put on check by any means possible and this a task that must be done.
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by oilPUSSY(f): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I was forced to check your profile and discovered you just joined newly precisely Nov 3 and be creating this kind of nuisance here.

Creating thread upon thread all geared towards bringing insult to ndigbo.

You need to be put on check by any means possible and this a task that must be done.

You are very hopeless and mischievous you impostor !

Where did the person you quoted stated his tribe ?

I won't stop hammering this info for it to sink on your head.. You are chasing shadow.... All your nairaland efforts will keep showing negativity offline....

Keep chasing Shadow

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
oilPUSSY:

You are very hopeless and mischievous you impostor !

Where did the person you quoted stated his tribe ?

I won't stop hammering this info for it to sink on your head.. You are chasing shadow.... All your nairaland efforts will keep showing negativity offline....

Keep chasing Shadow

Go and marry and look after your children.

Chiba okpa na ulo.

Akwugharizina na o nwanyi ka Ibu.

Get a man in you life.
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by midnighter(f): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
I am really interested in this topic...every time I ask nobody can give me an answer
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by bigfrancis21: 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
midnighter:
I am really interested in this topic...every time I ask nobody can give me an answer

To me, all 3 are dialects of each other. They understand themselves when they speak yet identify as 3 different tribes (the common thing in south south). In Igbo and Yoruba lands we have a unifying dialect that unites all different dialects, which is missing in the awka ibom and calabar axis. Similar story among the bini-esan people.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by midnighter(f): 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
bigfrancis21:

To me, all 3 are dialects of each other. They understand themselves when they speak yet identify as 3 different tribes (the common thing in south south). In Igbo and Yoruba lands we have a unifying dialect that unites all different dialects, which is missing in the awka ibom and calabar axis. Similar story among the bini-esan people.

So why don't they choose to unify their dialects into a central language like we do?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by bigfrancis21: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
midnighter:

So why don't they choose to unify their dialects into a central language like we do?

Number one, it’s their choice to do so. It takes collective effort and agreement by all sides to do so, which would be easier if they all saw themselves as the same tribe/people and decided to come together under one umbrella. Adopting a unifying dialect becomes easier afterwards. Without that majority willingness to come together under one main ethnic tribal umbrella, adopting a unifying dialect may be impossible.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by midnighter(f): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Number one, it’s their choice to do so. It takes collective effort and agreement by all sides to do so, which would be easier if they all saw themselves as the same tribe/people and decided to come together under one umbrella. Adopting a unifying dialect becomes easier afterwards. Without that majority willingness to come together under one main ethnic tribal umbrella, adopting a unifying dialect may be impossible.

I understand but what Im asking is, what stops them from doing that? Whats the difference between Igbos who centralise their language and Efik/Ibibios who dont?

Igbos are politically more disunited but still chose to centralise their language for conveniences' sake.
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by babyfaceafrica: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
unless you speak the three,you can't answer the question?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by bigfrancis21: 5:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
midnighter:

I understand but what Im asking is, what stops them from doing that? Whats the difference between Igbos who centralise their language and Efik/Ibibios who dont?

Igbos are politically more disunited but still chose to centralise their language for conveniences' sake.

I answered you before, it’s up to them to do so. You can’t force them to do so even if you have good intentions. Even if a minority of them wants to do so and the majority prefers to be individual, the minority won’t prevail. Majority would want to do so for an action to be taken.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by midnighter(f): 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
bigfrancis21:

I answered you before, it’s up to them to do so. You can’t force them to do so even if you have good intentions. Even if a minority of them wants to do so and the majority prefers to be individual, the minority won’t prevail. Majority would want to do so for an action to be taken.

I don't think you really got my question but thank you for your effort anyway
Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by ibibiogrl: 5:19am On Aug 23, 2021
bigfrancis21:

@midnighter & mrvitalis
They're Not dialect of each other & The difference was already explained here;
https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-igbo-people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? by KingOKON: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2021

What is the difference between Ohafia, Bendes and Ngwa
Or Mbise, Orlu or Owerri

What is the difference between Egbas, Aworis and Ijebus?

(1) (Reply)

What Actually Are The Benefits Of Cultism? Is It Fame, Power, Riches, Etc? / Urbanism And Expansionism In The Culture Of The Igbo / Difference Between A Spiritualist, Herbalist, Native Doctor And Root Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.