Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 (32248 Views)

Tinubu Extols Pastor Adeboye's Virtues At 81 / Hoodlums Take Over Akinyele, Ibadan As Yoruba And Hausa Clash (video) / Otunba Akinyele Arrested For Fraud In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Kanelle(f): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
Lie moh... cry

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Antoeni(m): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2019
Time to Face the Just Judge and Give Account of How he Lived his Life in Nigeria and on Earth,

2 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by BonPatrick(m): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2019
Thank God
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by nick50(m): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Rest in pieces afonja Treasury looter hope u meet devil face to face
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by juman(m): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2019
May Nigerian and African leaders go to hell fire. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Centcanada: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Information minister of our time not this lie Mohammed
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by BabaO2: 9:16am On Nov 15, 2019
phidipe:
HIS FIRST WIFE WAS A BEAUTIFUL SOUTH AFRICAN(DIED), THE SECOND WIFE A BEAUTIFUL INDIAN(SEPARATED). A THIRD WIFE A NIGERIAN
RIP LEGEND
South African? I think Ethiopian
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by EkperemoEgbabi: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2019
nick50:

Shut up

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Kubernetes: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2019
This man was a brand in IBB era.
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by anonimi: 9:26am On Nov 15, 2019
phidipe:
HIS FIRST WIFE WAS A BEAUTIFUL SOUTH AFRICAN(DIED), THE SECOND WIFE A BEAUTIFUL INDIAN(SEPARATED). A THIRD WIFE A NIGERIAN
RIP LEGEND

You mean that Oshiomole copied him in importing wives while telling poverty burdened Nigerians to eat local rice and not to check out of the country.
Why do we allow these hypocrites lead us blindly so?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2773141_osioinlove_jpeg19f5c22a1acf79a34119ea684a80d78f

2 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by anonimi: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2019
damble:
RIP! HE REALLY SUFFERED. HE LOST HIS SIGHT, ABADONED BY WIFE AND SOLD ALMOST ALL THE PROPERTIES I KNEW HE OWNEDTO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF. I WONDER Y OUR POLITICIANS FORGET THERE IS A GOD OF VENGEANCE. ALL THEY ACQUIRED FALSEFULLY ARE SOLD TO REGAIN HEALTH. MANY OF THEM DON'T END WELL.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by afrodoc2: 9:31am On Nov 15, 2019
BabaO2:
South African? I think Ethiopian

South African.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by anonimi: 9:33am On Nov 15, 2019
nick50:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3444716_img20160215224419_jpeg3a9d404699eb823dbaa7a23a7e345c55

2 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by ajl: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2019
What generation do all of you posting nonsense about the man being a politician? He was not a politician but simply had a ministerial appointment under a military regime. He was already well-off and well known in his professional field before the ministerial appointment.

6 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by emmyabure(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2019
R I P
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by baby124: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2019
RIP. It is well
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by platinum131(m): 9:58am On Nov 15, 2019
ajl:
What generation do all of you posting nonsense about the man being a politician? He was not a politician but simply had a ministerial appointment under a military regime. He was already well-off and well known in his professional field before the ministerial appointment.

Thank you for this.. infact nairaland is now something else..all kinds of people hide behinde anonymity to post rubbish....Seun you better wake up before your site will be the first to benefit from the social media bill.

RIP sir...someone aptly described you as classy...and thats what you were.

5 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Ndipe(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2019
May his soul rest in peace. I remember he used to be a member of the board of Newswatch magazine.

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2019
RIP to the man. Went to school with his sons, they had their heads screwed on straight, must have been a good father.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2019
damble:
RIP! HE REALLY SUFFERED. HE LOST HIS SIGHT, ABADONED BY WIFE AND SOLD ALMOST ALL THE PROPERTIES I KNEW HE OWNEDTO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF. I WONDER Y OUR POLITICIANS FORGET THERE IS A GOD OF VENGEANCE. ALL THEY ACQUIRED FALSEFULLY ARE SOLD TO REGAIN HEALTH. MANY OF THEM DON'T END WELL.

So it is only the negative things you had to write about the man!!! Do you know how you will end? No perfect person in the world.

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by AngelicBeing: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2019
damble:
Chai sad
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by AngelicBeing: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

You mean that Oshiomole copied him in importing wives while telling poverty burdened Nigerians to eat local rice and not to check out of the country.
Why do we allow these hypocrites lead us blindly so?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2773141_osioinlove_jpeg19f5c22a1acf79a34119ea684a80d78f
Hian, wetin Oshiomole do you, l am talking to Buhari to appoint me as finance minister and I will loot all the money in Nigeria, l will sell off Buhari, Jonathan, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Babangida as slaves to richer western nations, l will take all our Sovereign wealth fund and share it to all Nigerian's, I will sell off Aso Rock, NNPC, CBN, National Assembly, I will bankrupt the entire country and l will be the Emperor extraordinaire of Nigeria and rule Nigeria from Antarctica grin

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by AngelicBeing: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
Chasing money, money is never enough for them and they die eventually, leaving everything behind, only to be flogged by Angel Michael after their death, nonsense and Buhari grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by AngelicBeing: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by anonimi: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, wetin Oshiomole do you, l am talking to Buhari to appoint me as finance minister and I will loot all the money in Nigeria, l will sell off Buhari, Jonathan, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Babangida as slaves to richer western nations, l will take all our Sovereign wealth fund and share it to all Nigerian's, I will sell off Aso Rock, NNPC, CBN, National Assembly, I will bankrupt the entire country and l will be the Emperor extraordinaire of Nigeria and rule Nigeria from Antarctica grin

From Antarctica?
Will you have a new wife in the other room to keep you warm, because I hear sey Antarctica is more cold than London o and Aisha may not be willing and able grin

2 Likes

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by AngelicBeing: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

From Antarctica?
Will you have a new wife in the other room to keep you warm, because I hear sey Antarctica is more cold than London o and Aisha may not be willing and able grin

No l will not, as a Spiritbeings we don't marry because our body structure is not like that of human, yes, I will govern Nigeria from Antarctica because I will execute so many people responsible for grounding the destiny of Nigeria, all politicians from 1979 till date who stole will be executed, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Babangida, Ernest shonekan, Buhari, Jonathan will all face firing squad at the National stadium Abuja, all retired / serving military generals, police, customs and all other members of the armed forces from general will all be executed, I will introduce state police, and every state will be allowed to generate income on their own, l will execute so many people and bring severe judgment on criminals in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2019
bamideleafolabi:
Ondo born former PR guru and former Information Minister and NSC boss, Sir Chief Alex Akinyele is dead.

His death was announced by his son Constantine, Kayode Akinfolarin Akinyele a couple of hours ago. According to him, his father died after a brief illness. In his post on his Facebook wall, Constantine Akinfolarin Akinyele did not state where his father passed on.

He only stated that

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2726544310739304&id=100001512841538

Sir Alex Akinyele was one of the few men who brought character and panache to national service when he served Nigeria as the Infornation Minister and later Chairman of the National Service Commission during the military era.

Biography

Chief Sir Akinyele Opeyemi Alexander: Born on April 24th 1938 to Pa Akinyele a soldier and an ex-serviceman who was by the end of the Second World War holding the rank of a Regimental Sergeant, he retired in 1974 as a Court Clark in Ondo town. Alex attended all Saint Primary School Ondo, Gboluji Grammar School Ile-Oluji and St. Andrew’s College Oyo. While at St. Andrew’s College, he was appointed the school first reception prefect. He studied English language at the prestigious university of Ife now Obafemi Awolowo University. On leaving Ife he worked as a teacher at Olofin Grammar School Idanre and in June 1967 he applied to join the Nigeria Police force and was offered a place as a trainee assistant Superintendent of Police, but fate had other plans for him.

On reporting to the Police Service Commission, the other 12 trainees recruit were not present due largely to the commencement of the civil war. He was directed to join the customs. After his 18 month training programme, Custom Controller Henry Duke appointed him the first Public Relation Officer of the Nigeria Customs and Excise. Chief Akinyele, Remained a man that will never shy away from public glare or the press. If success is a relative word then judging by his own standard one can say it without fear that Chief Akinyele was a successful man, one that doesn’t believe that money guarantees happiness.

A man of vast tentacles, a Communicator, Public Relation Practitioner, industrialist and Executive Director of so many functional Companies, and above all a Philanthropist. Chief Alexander Opeyemi Akinyele was a charismatic man of gait and immerse stature and yet unbelievably accessible. Following his retirement from the Customs he joined the private sector business.

It is on record that he was the first former secretary general of the Nigeria Institute of Public Relation that eventually became the President. As president of NIPR he was very vocal and actually changed the face of public relation in Nigeria. In fact he injected panache into the body. Ebullient good looking, and entertaining Alex is truly an Image Maker who was always ready to contribute meaningfully to any healthy discussion that bother; on the advancement of the Nigeria polity as well as the upliftment of public relation practice in the country, A cursory look at part of his achievement during his tenure as NIPR President reveals that he fought against quacks in the profession and encouraged large registered memberships.

Under his leadership NIPR liaised and aligned itself with the universities of Lagos, Akoka and Nigeria, Nsukka for more emphasis on public relation in their mass communication syllabus. Perhaps it was on this basis that the former military president, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babaginda deemed it fit to first of all nominate him as a member of the constituent Assembly and later appoint him as the Minister of information thus becoming the very first public relation practitioner in Nigeria to be appointed into that post. In his stint as the Information Minister/ Chief Akinyele did not only perform his role creditably well but also with great zeal, enthusiasm and style. Chief Alex Akinyele has received so many chieftaincy titles which include Lobosin of Ondo land and Jagunmolu of Ipetu-Ijesha just to mention but a few.

Despite the fact that President Babaginda was noted for shuffling his cabinet at will/ Chief Akinyele was still considered as among the Ministers that could be discarded. Eventually when the president decided that it was time to have a change in the information ministry, he thanked Chief Akinyele tremendously and promise him yet another job. Akinyele was later appointed the Chairman of National Sports Commission (NSC) though several years later he bowed out from the NSC in a circumstantial manner, his tenure as the boss of the NSC saw Nigeria moving to a greater height, it was under his chairmanship that a Nigeria Contingent for the first time did put up a superlative performance ever. Nigeria won a bronze and four silver medals at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic. The following year the Nigeria under 17 team the Golden Eaglet won the under 17 world cup (Japan 93), in addition to the golden boot and the fair play prize. In 1994 the Super Eagles for the very first time too also qualified to play in the final of a world cup (USA 94).

Sir Alexander Opeyemi Akinyele who was knighted by king Juan Carlos 1, Rey. De Espana on 15th November, 1991 remained a colossus communication pundit and a guru in public relation. Chief Alex Akinyele was also the Chairman of the National Reconciliation Commission till his death

Additional reports from Ekimogun magazine.

I recall him as a friend to the founder and owner of my alma Matta Primary school (Penny private school) He loves beautiful women, very jovial and articulating. Very supportive man.
May you find peace in the afterlife.
Safe journey!

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by nlPoster: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2019
I remember an interview where he said he didn't know his Nigerian wife was from Calabar (until she mentioned it).

I also wasnt aware he had been married to a SA lady, and this was long ago.
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by lanvic12(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2019
RIp
Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by ekhai(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
SEASON OF DEATH OF KNOWN NIGERIANS. MOBOLAJI JOHNSON, AND NOW ALEX AKINYELE. RIP GREAT MEN.

1 Like

Re: Alex Akinyele Dies At 81 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Only Sango, Ogun Deities Can Stop Politicians From Being Corrupt – Alex Akinyele

Interviewer: With all these image deficits Nigeria has as a result of corruption, bad leadership, among others, as a PR expert what PR strategy will you offer for Nigeria?

Alex Akinyele: The PR strategy, I can offer is for every Nigerian to think in terms of Nigeria; that whatever touches Nigeria is your priority. We are not patriotic. Once money is involve,  we throw away Nigeria. Anybody who is going to do PR successfully for Nigeria will first call out all the Ministers to swear before the gods of Ogun so that they will not steal our money.

The first thing they will say is that it is anti-Christ. Jesus Christ does not in anyway support corruption. So, if we are doing anything to curb corruption, it is in line with the ideals which Jesus taught. But you see, most of these flambouyant pastors encourage them. They build their churches on the foundation of native medicine. If you want to cure Nigeria, let them swear to these native deities.

Interviewer: How did you know, have you had encounter with them?

Alex Akinyele: At 75, why won’t I know? If I don’t know, then what have I done and how have I lived? You want to tell me I have not gone to a shrine before? I know all these things. Why am I all over the places?

Do you think I closed my eyes to all these things? I don’t, or do you want me to tell you that I am Alex Akinyele who knows only one God, that I have never being to a shrine before?  If you come to our area in Ondo State, there is what we call ‘Aiyelala.’ It is a terrible deity. If you swear there and you steal, you will become dead in no time. Let them all go there and swear.

We need terrible things to turn us to the way of God. If you stole and you are taken to Oyo; to the shrine of ‘sango,’ and they perform their rituals on you, you will see the consequence immediately. We have all these powers but we don’t use them. That is the only way I think we can cleanse Nigeria. I say it and I mean it and I don’t care if anybody says I am not a Christian.

I am a true Christian, I believe in God but we have to call a spade a spade. These corrupt Nigerians don’t have sense of shame. Sometime ago, a thief was to leave the prison and then they rolled out the drums with ‘aso-ebi’ to receive him ( grin Mr. Bode George aka Arch-rival of Bola Tinubu grin ). Is that right? Also, when Alamieyeseigha returned from prison, there was a crowd-pulling service held for him and the Bishop that preached was lamenting. Where is our integrity and sense of honesty? These are the beginning and the end of our problems.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2013/04/21/only-sango-ogun-deities-can-stop-politicians-from-being-corrupt-alex-akinyele/amp/

R.I.P truthful man! You were right, In Nigeria "Olowo Ojebi" - The rich are never guilty.

Biodun Fatoyinbo's case with Busola Dakolo has just proven it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land / Money Looted In 8yrs Enough To Pay Every Nigerian N732,000, Says PSC Commissione / Nigerian Troops Clear Boko Haram Members From Goniri, Yobe State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.