Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,529 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:17 PM

Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples (21205 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Khalidase83(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Yeah. These variants are common particularly in the South Western Nigerian(mostly Ibadan). AC, SC common but CC is rare though.
inspitation:
good development but to be honest i only knew of AA, AS, AND SS before now didn't know CC, SC, AC exists ok let me go and do my research ill be right back
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Khalidase83(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
The challenge is gonna be those in interior villages who engage in marriages without any form of testing. How will they be carried along if this becomes a law
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by WarriFirstBorn(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
realstars:
Who will foot the bill?

Ogbenu, I did mine for just N500. It is not expensive at all.

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by xavuv: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
Funny enuf, most ppl i know with ACs are from ibadan. grin

Khalidase83:
Yeah. These variants are common particularly in the South Western Nigerian(mostly Ibadan). AC, SC common but CC is rare though.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Yinibixema: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
xavuv:
Funny enuf, most ppl i know with ACs are from ibadan. grin

How did you come to that?
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by WarriFirstBorn(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
bizhop01:
I'm universal donor, i can marry anyone no shaking.

Ogbeni, they are talking about genotype, not blood group.

By the way, I am a universal donor also. I was very happy when I discovered I was AA and blood group O. Rhesus (Negative).
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by linearity: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
They should start with the registry then. Some people only do court weddings.
Are they now asking the religious houses not to join those who's genotype are nor compatible? Do these religious houses have the right not to join people because of their medical challenges?
What if the couple know they're not compatible and both decide to still get married? Has the church/mosque/court registry got a right to deny them of that right? That is discrimination IMO if they're denied the right to marry.
It is a useless law if they cannot task the court registry and those who marry traditionally to the same thing they are tasking the churches and the mosques IMO.
What about theose cohabiting?
I know it's a stupid decision for those not compatible to marry, but that is where science comes in.

The way church marriage is practiced in Nigeria, it is privilege and not a right.

The churches already have a laundry list of things they can use to turn intending couples away; including not paying your tithe, wrong hairdo, wrong gown, wrong shoes, wrong makeup, visiting the other-room before church wedding, even if done after traditional wedding, having a partner from another denomination, etc.

Some churches already makes it compulsory to under take genotype tests today and do counsel or deny marriages base on the results...I know deeper life have been doing that for decades now.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by sacramento1212: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
bizhop01:

Oga, you can also called AA+ universal due to advantage compare to others.

There's nothing like AA+. And NO you cannot call it universal please. Thank you for your understanding.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by sacramento1212: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Lol ppl don't know the difference btw blood groups and genotype

Unfortunately, yes they don't.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by WarriFirstBorn(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
kokomaster3d:
I am victim of this. After 2 years of Serious relationship, I only discovered my lady is AS and I am also AS. Too bad I amm now looking for AA for a serious relationship.

Very sorry bout that, my man. May God give you your heart desires. She will definitely come your way. Please don't allow pressure to make you do otherwise. Wait patiently and make sure you see her lab result with your eyes.

Remember going to a medical lab with bae, months ago. We both were AA. The joy was immeasurable.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by BIXYBABE: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wahala penty for this world. u will be search for well manner, hard working, religious, partner genotype go still finish everything

4 Likes

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by kokomaster3d: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

Very sorry bout that, my man. May God give you your heart desires. She will definitely come your way. Please don't allow pressure to make you do otherwise. Wait patiently and make sure you see her lab result with your eyes.

Remember going to a medical lab with bae, months ago. We both were AA. The joy was immeasurable.

Thanks bro.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by NaMeAboki: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
If they should legislate for Sickle Cell Disease; then they might have gone the whole hog and included at least Hepatitis and HIV.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by kokomaster3d: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
But one advantage of us with AS is that, we have very strong immune system. We hardly fall sick. I have not slept in a hospital for more than 30 years and counting. My highest sickness is only malaria and before 2 days its gone without taking any medicine. I appreciate God for that.

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by nicelaw(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
I don't know of other churches but I Remember My cousin brother had to present Genotype Test Result before Catholic Church granted them the go-ahead in 2015... Benue State
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
go and do your wedding in Dubai and go back to Nigeria. Simple sturvs.

They should instead look for a cure. You can't regulate who people fall in love with.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by SEGLIZ: 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
Are they now asking the religious houses not to join those who's genotype are nor compatible? Do these religious houses have the right not to join people because of their medical challenges?
What if the couple know they're not compatible and both decide to still get married? Has the church/mosque/court registry got a right to deny them of that right? That is discrimination IMO if they're denied the right to marry.
It is a useless law if they cannot task the court registry and those who marry traditionally to the same thing they are tasking the churches and the mosques IMO.
I know it's a stupid decision for those not compatible to marry, but that is where science comes in.

the religious body have being practising this norm be now.
they demand for medical reports -- pregnancy test, genotype to prevent stories that touches that like you know they don't encourage divorce.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Ihsan6(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
I did the genotype test twice n was told it was AA, got married to AS n unfurtunately our second born, a girl, is Sc while the first, a boy is Ac. Had to repeat the test n was told am Ac, i cried n almost went blind. I repeated this in another hospital n its still Ac. Heard this happens, so pls if u must do genotype, do it in 3 or 4 different hospitals. Am a regular blood donor but i never knew am Ac, only my blood group remains thesame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by codemaniacs: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
zz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Just2endowed2(m): 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
realstars:
Who will foot the bill?

it cost nothing

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by 2nattie(m): 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
These people no get work sha. How does this address the fundamental issues bedevilling Nigeria. Instead of legislating on issues like Agriculture, Education, Technology etc or at the very least think of how to eradicate street and roadside hawking by minors, they are talking about marriage and genotype. I doubt if this is the case in developed or developing countries. Some was narrating her experience today about how she coughed out N8k for an offense she didn't commit and i just feel sorry for this contraption called ...

2 Likes

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by 2nattie(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
jamace:
WE NEED SERIOUS LAWS:

There's no bill to hang looters

There's no bill to hang corrupt senators padding the budget

There's no bill to hang bandits who killed Nigerians for money

There's no bill to hang Boko Haram terrorists massacring our people

There's no bill to hang party thieves called party leaders who sell offices to highest bidders

There's no bill to hang state governors who loot their state dry and end up in the Senate to retire

There's no bill to end poverty, inequality, insecurity or create jobs

...but they have a bill to sentence anyone they hate to death by hanging for hate speech on Facebook, Twitter

A serious govt and national assembly would have concerned themselves with above legislations.

Thank you. You spoke my mind
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by wechat1: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
When are they going to textj double man jubilee and aisha buhari ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by adenigga(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

God bless you Sir!

I even look at it from the perspectives of constitution provision for right to private life, don't you think that right will not be tampered with.

Like you said, at this age of science, it is left for individual to check their compatibility, medically, Spiritually & what else? Can government demand the same from spiritual angle or financial point of view.

In the North, they do mass weddings for their barely matured girls, do they ask for their compatibility in all ramifications. It is well!!!

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by DMerciful(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
So in your opinion, once 2 persons agree to bring sickle cell children, the society that will also bear the brunt as well as protecting the interest of the child should do nothing. So why do we have anti drug laws since people can do what they like? Why do we have antigay laws? Since you said two people agreeing is enough to do whatever.
Why is it forbidden for siblings to marry? This is a very good law that should be implemented to the fullest! Why bring people to this life to suffer?
yeyeosoronga:

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by IMAliyu(m): 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
kokomaster3d:
But one advantage of us with AS is that, we have very strong immune system. We hardly fall sick. I have not slept in a hospital for more than 30 years and counting. My highest sickness is only malaria and before 2 days its gone without taking any medicine. I appreciate God for that.
I heard that the S genotype was a natural adaptation against malaria.
To survive long enough against sickness to have children, but it came with a negative effect.
So an AS would have that adaptation without the negative effects of SS sickle cell.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by baratech: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
It's good
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by prof12(m): 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
donbachi:
Why don't they okay compulsory 100k for intending couples?

Impossicant
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by NiCurious: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Does this also apply to couples who are elderly (past childbearing), or if one of the couple has been medically sterilized, for whatever reason?
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by HitSong: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Genotype has no positive .

And blood group has no AA.

And AA genotypes are not universal donors so stop assuming lol.

the word Donor only comes about when you are needed to donate blood and as far as genotype is concerned it's not a needed parameter for donation
see how u dey disgrace yourself publicly?

what a shame sad
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by HitSong: 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
kokomaster3d:
you can still marry her if you have money... prenatal diagnosis.... 300-500k.....
For more info, sickle cell centre, LUTH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by yeyeosoronga: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
DMerciful:
So in your opinion, once 2 persons agree to bring sickle cell children, the society that will also bear the brunt as well as protecting the interest of the child should do nothing. So why do we have anti drug laws since people can do what they like? Why do we have antigay laws? Since you said two people agreeing is enough to do whatever.
Why is it forbidden for siblings to marry? This is a very good law that should be implemented to the fullest! Why bring people to this life to suffer?

Are you planning to criminalise AS and AS from maeeying themselves? If you don't, your law is still as useless as the p in psychology.
Now criminalizing such is against their human rights to association and also an obvious discrimination of those with AS
Will you also ask women with strong family /genetic history of breast cancer or men with family/genetic history of prostate cancer not to procreate so they dont pass on the genes to their progeny?
Or women who are above 45years old not to have children because they have a high chance of having children with Down's Syndrome like 1 in 50 chance?
Or since when has stopping people with HIV from getting married stopped them from transmitting the disease?
Common sense is indeed not common.
I understand adding it as part of the school curricular. I cannot understand refusing them marriage when they have made the decision to marry themselves.
Your Senate is just reaching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / Why Do Wives Like Secretly “Stealing” From Their Husband? / "I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.