Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples (21271 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Thegamingorca(m): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
HitSong:

see how u dey disgrace yourself publicly?

what a shame sad

So according to you blood group AA exists smiley

You are the reason Nigeria has failed.

In the ABO blood antigen system, human blood cells exhibit either of A, B, AB and O antigens.
Having an A antigen makes your body have anti-B serum vise versa for antigen B individuals.

AB blood group holders however have no antibody against either of A or B antigens. That is why these special ppl are called universal recipients particularly the AB positives.

And finally blood group O commonly called universal donors particularly the O negatives. Blood group O patients have antibodies for both A and B hence can only receive O blood.

This is why blood group can never be AA or AApositive

But A poaitive

B positive or negative

AB positive or negative

And O positive or negative.

Now that you have learned something you can now be insulting your ancestors for making you dim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by yeyeosoronga: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
xavuv:
You said that this is where science comes in. What science are you talkinh about? Foetus testing or what?
What is your poiny actually?
I asked because you ended up saying nothing

Go educate yourself. I don't owe you that
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Dewisedick: 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
All is set against the church. Which Islamic man way de marry like rat get time for genotype.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by DMerciful(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
AS and AS should not be wedded legally. I'm AS and I did not move forward in relationship with 2 ladies cos they were AS like me until I met my wife who is AA so I'm not talking out of carelessness or not being unsympathetic. It is what it is. You're making it seems the life of the kids from such marriage dont matter
yeyeosoronga:

Are you planning to criminalise AS and AS from maeeying themselves? If you don't, your law is still as useless as the p in psychology.
Now criminalizing such is against their human rights to association and also an obvious discrimination of those with AS
Will you also ask women with strong family /genetic history of breast cancer or men with family/genetic history of prostate cancer not to procreate so they dont pass on the genes to their progeny?
Or women who are above 45years old not to have children because they have a high chance of having children with Down's Syndrome like 1 in 50 chance?
Or since when has stopping people with HIV from getting married stopped them from transmitting the disease?
Common sense is indeed not common.
I understand adding it as part of the school curricular. I cannot understand refusing them marriage when they have made the decision to marry themselves.
Your Senate is just reaching.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Legendguru: 1:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by vickydevoka(m): 2:35am On Nov 16, 2019
Doctor said u am AY
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by liberalchick(f): 3:37am On Nov 16, 2019
DMerciful:
So in your opinion, once 2 persons agree to bring sickle cell children, the society that will also bear the brunt as well as protecting the interest of the child should do nothing.

When has marriage ever stopped Nigerians from having children?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by yeyeosoronga: 6:49am On Nov 16, 2019
DMerciful:
AS and AS should not be wedded legally. I'm AS and I did not move forward in relationship with 2 ladies cos they were AS like me until I met my wife who is AA so I'm not talking out of carelessness or not being unsympathetic. It is what it is. You're making it seems the life of the kids from such marriage dont matter

I speak also from experience. I find the law discriminatory. I agree with all knowing their genotype, being counselled about it but let the final decision be theirs as you made yours not to marry AS.
Do you also ask that women above 40years should not marry and procreate? They have a higher risk of having children with Down's Syndrome.
What if as an AS person, I decide to cohabitate with another AS and we decide to have our children? How has your law done anything? What if we decide to go marry in Ghana, the Bahamas or France? Will my marriage become invalid in Nigeria? What if I decided to do only traditional wedding?
There are certain rights you cannot take away from people. Many AS people already don't marry themselves with the right education.
Why would you refuse to marry people with HIV when their partner knows about it ? When will it extend to those with Hepatitis B? What of those with some certain cancers and other genetic disorders they can give their children?
When will enough be enough?
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Samogbo1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
HitSong:

you can still marry her if you have money... prenatal diagnosis.... 300-500k.....

Please, accpt my PM. I want to inquire somethings frm U.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 4:05am On Nov 18, 2019
HitSong:

you can still marry her if you have money... prenatal diagnosis.... 300-500k.....
For more info, sickle cell centre, LUTH.

The last time a friends wife did the pre-natal testing ( cvs testing) it was 270k which was in June 2019. But now I can’t exactly say how much it is.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 4:09am On Nov 18, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

Are you planning to criminalise AS and AS from maeeying themselves? If you don't, your law is still as useless as the p in psychology.
Now criminalizing such is against their human rights to association and also an obvious discrimination of those with AS
Will you also ask women with strong family /genetic history of breast cancer or men with family/genetic history of prostate cancer not to procreate so they dont pass on the genes to their progeny?
Or women who are above 45years old not to have children because they have a high chance of having children with Down's Syndrome like 1 in 50 chance?
Or since when has stopping people with HIV from getting married stopped them from transmitting the disease?
Common sense is indeed not common.
I understand adding it as part of the school curricular. I cannot understand refusing them marriage when they have made the decision to marry themselves.
Your Senate is just reaching.

It’s easy for PEOPLE with AA to always talk on this matter. If they know how difficult it is finding a wife and then someone tells u, you can’t marry cos you both are AS? In America do I think they don’t have AS there? Or even in UK but they marry cos cvs testing is a routine pre-natal testing.

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 4:16am On Nov 18, 2019
DMerciful:

Why shouldn’t they not be wedded legally? You made a personal choice to leave ur relationship cos
1. You didn’t love the person enough to fight for the love
2. Ignorance to know that they are medical breakthrough that can test the genotype of your baby at 12weeks and if it’s SS you abort, it cos less than 300k.
This test are readily available in many states. Lagos, Benin, Phc, abj. Are friend and his wife did theirs at LUTH and they have 2 beautiful AA & AS kids. He tells me he would have regretted if he had left his wife to marry someone he doesn’t love just cos of AA.
Now If you felt the lady u said you loved isn’t worth spending 300k per pregnancy to have a happy home, that’s your choice. Plse allow others to make theirs.
You don’t see rich men in nigeria having this issues. Poor man na plenty things Dey worry us

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by DMerciful(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2019
You making important decisions using emotions.
Look at the solution you're advocating! You think every decision is based on love? There are 7 billion people on earth certainly you can always find love beside know your genotype from the second time you're meeting ur partner when love is still very superficial
obotubong:

Why shouldn’t they not be wedded legally? You made a personal choice to leave ur relationship cos
2. Ignorance to know that they are medical breakthrough that can test the genotype of your baby at 12weeks and if it’s SS you abort, it cos less than 300k.
This test are readily available in many states. Lagos, Benin, Phc, abj. Are friend and his wife did theirs at LUTH and they have 2 beautiful AA & AS kids. He tells me he would have regretted if he had left his wife to marry someone he doesn’t love just cos of AA.
Now If you felt the lady u said you loved isn’t worth spending 300k per pregnancy to have a happy home, that’s your choice. Plse allow others to make theirs.
You don’t see rich men in nigeria having this issues. Poor man na plenty things Dey worry us
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by HitSong: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2019
obotubong:

The last time a friends wife did the pre-natal testing ( cvs testing) it was 270k which was in June 2019. But now I can’t exactly say how much it is.
which lab please?
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2019
HitSong:

which lab please?

LUTH
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 8:45am On Nov 22, 2019
DMerciful:
You making important decisions using emotions.
Look at the solution you're advocating! You think every decision is based on love? There are 7 billion people on earth certainly you can always find love beside know your genotype from the second time you're meeting ur partner when love is still very superficial

What do you mean am making an important decision using emotion? Oga do you know how many prince abdicated their thrown for love? Have they ever regretted it? U think love is only when things are going great? It’s people like you tomorrow if ur wife has an accident and can’t walk again, una go wan run from the marriage. When people talk of love, I mean real love not that nonsense you think u felt for ur ex. Yes They are 7 Billion people on the planet, Oya tell me, how many of those 7 billions is ur better half? I no people like u can go to village and choose any gal to marry as long as she is AA.
I am telling u they are medical ( scientifically proven) solution and illiteracy is still doing you.
Are you saying 300k is to much money to spend for you to be with the one you love and have healthy babies?

1 Like

Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by HitSong: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
obotubong:

LUTH
That's not true
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 12:32am On Nov 23, 2019
HitSong:

That's not true

Very true. . Walk into the sickle cell foundation of Nigeria office just opposite LUTH and make ur enquire.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by olenyi: 4:31am On Jan 06, 2020
obotubong:

Google about VSS (Toyota Camry speed sensor) that might be your transmission issue. OBD code P0500.

My regards.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by mmsen: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2020
How about compulsory HIV testing?

How about free STD/STI tests from non-judgmental medical professionals who are preferably not attached to a sham religious organization?
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
olenyi:

Google about VSS (Toyota Camry speed sensor) that might be your transmission issue. OBD code P0500.

My regards.

I guess you are responding to the wrong trend
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by olenyi: 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2020
obotubong:

I guess you are responding to the wrong trend

obotubong:

Bros happy new year, I have an issue, my mechanic changed my crankshaft of my Toyota Camry 05 and after changing and fixing my engine back, my gear 13 pin refuses to enter 2nd gear. It would move in gear 1 and get up to 3RPM before entering gear 2. I went to do diagnosis scan on it and it gave error p0746. The scan guy said the mechanic should check value A & B or so. I am confused cos this is a gear that hasn’t given me 1 issue before that crankshaft was changed. Plse advice

olenyi:

My regards.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2020
olenyi:

It’s possible cos my gear is working now, didn’t have to change it after all. But I dunno what my mechanic did duo.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by Brooke60(f): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
obotubong:

Hi, Can I mail you please? Want to ask some questions about this.
Re: Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples by obotubong: 5:26pm On May 09, 2021
Brooke60:
Hi, Can I mail you please? Want to ask some questions about this.

Obotubong@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Something Really Urgent To Ponder On..... / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.