Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:20 PM

Fifa Suspends Amos Adamu For 3 Years And Fines Him 10,000 Swiss Francs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Suspends Amos Adamu For 3 Years And Fines Him 10,000 Swiss Francs (977 Views)

FIFA Suspends Nigeria / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined / Nigeria's Amos Adamu Offer To Sell Fifa Hosting Rights For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Fifa Suspends Amos Adamu For 3 Years And Fines Him 10,000 Swiss Francs by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2010
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/18/amos-adamu-banned-fifa-corruption

Amos Adamu banned for three years by Fifa after corruption hearing

• Reynald Temarii banned for one year
• 'Profoundly disappointed' Adamu will appeal against decision
• No action over allegations against Spain/Portugal and Qatar

The Fifa executive committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii have been suspended from all football-related activity for three years and one year respectively in relation to allegations of corruption regarding World Cup votes.
The pair were implicated in a Sunday Times investigation which accused the duo of accepting money in return for their vote in the bidding for the World Cup, with reporters from the newspaper posing as representatives of the United States' 2022 World Cup bid.
Adamu has already indicated his intention to appeal against the verdict delivered today by the chairman of Fifa's ethics committee, Claudio Sulser.
Adamu was fined 10,000 Swiss francs (£6,341) and Temarii 5,000 Swiss francs (£3,170) as part of the sanction against them.
In a separate investigation, the ethics committee found insufficient evidence of collusion between the bid teams of Spain-Portugal 2018 and Qatar 2022.
Adamu has outlined his displeasure at the verdict of the organisation's ethics committee and confirmed he will appeal. He pre-empted today's announcement by releasing a statement indicating his intention to fight the findings.
"I am profoundly disappointed with the Ethics Committee's findings and had honestly believed I would be exonerated of any charges by now," he said. "I am innocent of all the charges levelled against me by the Ethics Committee and I completely refute the decision they have made.
"As yet I have not been advised of the grounds of the Ethics Committee's decision but regardless, I will be lodging a full appeal against it with immediate effect."
Re: Fifa Suspends Amos Adamu For 3 Years And Fines Him 10,000 Swiss Francs by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 18, 2010
Dr Amos should go & burry his head in shame! He has not only disgrace himself but Nigeria Infact, he's intending appeal is the cry of a drowning man!
Re: Fifa Suspends Amos Adamu For 3 Years And Fines Him 10,000 Swiss Francs by mukina2: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2010

(1)

Falconets Spank Kenyan U-17 Female National Team In Kenya / Nigeria Will Host 2052 Olympics ( Ijebu 2052 ) / 9 Year Old Girl Writes Letter To David Luiz After Germany Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.