Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? (1337 Views)

VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / The Right Way To Charge Your Phone / How Long Should You Charge Your Phone The First Time After Buying It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
There's one common habit among phone users in Nigeria is the Nepa-phobia attitude.. Even though most of the new phones we have now comes with Large batteries,sometimes we have this urge to keep charging and charging..

During Most Phones launching, the Marketers and Phone companies usually boast of their phone battery consumption and optimisation.. Times without numbers huge battery has become a selling point.. We are always told that for 4000mah battery one charge per day is OK to last you through the day but for Heavy Phone users you can charge at most twice a day to last you thru the full day....

In Nigeria We don't usually believe in all this theories due to the fact that we live in a society with poor electricity, the fear that Nepa or Disco as they are called may cut of supply has made some people Charge Freaks... if lucky electricity supply may be restored on the same day but mostly people have gone days without electricity especially when theres an issue with transformer of the power grid

Earlier I said Nepa-phobia this may sound odd cause its truely not a word but for easier understanding as a Nigerian I chose that...

Funnily we sometimes feel this urge to charge always.. As soon as we notice a drop in our battery, even at 95% we still charge.. Even for a person on a 5kmah battery you see them charging like 6-7times a day...100% battery sometimes feels like trophy for an average Nigerian...Deep down in our heart we always have the thought of "I don't know when next we will have Light"

One of the Great disadvantage of constant charging its that its decrease the battery life cycle

As a Phone User... How many Times Do you charge in a Day?
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by wakililipupuru: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
as many as possibl e

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Ebios(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
Is this supposed to be a question?
As long as u are using the phone, the battery will run down
And as long as it runs down, u charge it as many times as u want.
That's why power banks are made
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
When at home and steady power I charge just once which is in the night (unless on heavy usage I charge whenever it gets below 25%). When driving I plug it in all the time.
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:49am On Nov 16, 2019
I charge my umidigi power once in 24 hours. The fast charge means I only have to charge for 1hour to reach 90%

Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by MegaPlayBoy: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2019
Op was making sense until he said charging runs down The battery angry
Grow up. These are Li-Polymer batteries we are talking about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
MegaPlayBoy:
Op was making sense until he said charging runs down The battery angry
Grow up. These are Li-Polymer batteries we are talking about

Charging leads to elevation in temperatures. Excessive charging might make the phone real hot and cause damage. Lithium-ion batteries poorly react to elevated temperatures.
Also, if you have a case on, it might not let the phone to cool down and hence causes damage.
Never let your battery die and if it does, do not charge it all the way to 100. An ideal range for a longer battery life is 50–80%.
In short, yes, excessive charging degrades the battery in the long run.

Sir I hope u are an adult
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Emmbanny(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
Once in two days
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Emmbanny(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
Once in two days. And internet connection is always switch on
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Emmbanny:
Once in two days. And internet connection is always switch on
u must have a strong battery
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Emmbanny(m): 6:57am On Nov 17, 2019
kallmemrB:
u must have a strong battery
yes 5000amh redmi 8a
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Ejadike(m): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2019
kallmemrB:

Charging leads to elevation in temperatures. Excessive charging might make the phone real hot and cause damage. Lithium-ion batteries poorly react to elevated temperatures.
Also, if you have a case on, it might not let the phone to cool down and hence causes damage.
Never let your battery die and if it does, do not charge it all the way to 100. An ideal range for a longer battery life is 50–80%.
In short, yes, excessive charging degrades the battery in the long run.

Sir I hope u are an adult
I agree with this
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Ejadike(m): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2019
Nice info OP.
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Shollay20(m): 9:44am On Nov 17, 2019
I charged daily as I want.
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by Blastedholligan: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Depends. Sometimes twice or more. Na light de determine
Re: How Many Times Do You Charge Your Phone Daily? by jaywalker04(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
Emmbanny:
yes 5000amh redmi 8a
I can relate bro

(1) (Reply)

Any XIAOMI Phone With Edge Display Like SAMSUNG / Redmi Phones Consumes Data / Xiaomi Launches Mid-range Redmi Note 10 Lite, Note 9 And Note 9 Pro Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.