Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out (1201 Views)

How Will You Answer This Question Without Lying? / Is She Lying? Please Help / Masturbation, Betting Have Killed Me Help Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by goodnessme02: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
How do you tell your employer that you're attending a job interview without lying?

we all want a better life, but also cannot afford to throw what you have away.
Company's policy states that you must give a genuine reason to be granted any sort of permission to be absent from work.

So....how do you get the company to grant you permission to be absent from work so as to attend a job interview without having to lie?

Christians in the house, please lend your voice.....thank you.

I am sorry for posting this in the wrong session.....but I actually don't know where to put it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Officialgarri: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
If you don't want to lie and you need a guarantee on keeping your old job, then I'd suggest you ask God directly.

If you ask me as a mere mortal, I have no option than to tell you to lie.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Pubichairs(m): 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
Tell the person ur mom is ill

Period!!
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by extremelygolden: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
goodnessme02:
How do you tell your employer that you're attending a job interview without lying?

Company's policy states that you must give a genuine reason to be granted any sort of permission to be absent from work.

So....how do you get the company to grant you permission to be absent from work so as to attend a job interview without having to lie?

I am sorry for posting this in the wrong session.....but I actually don't know where to put it

A day or two to the interview date, don't wear makeup, don't laugh and don't crack jokes with anyone in the office. Just keep mute.

They will be concerned about you and probably thought you're not feeling well or something is bothering you. They might ask you to go home when you repeat same the next day. Tell your boss you will manage for that day, but if you still don't feel good the next day, being the interview day of course, you will have to take rest.

Another method, just send a text message early that interview day and tell your boss that you will be late for work that day. And make sure to switch off your phone afterwards or put it on silence and if you finish on time, just proceed straight to the office.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Abfinest007(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
even Pope do lie
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
If i were an atheist i would have told you sneak and at the end tell him you were sick bu.,,,,

As a christian just tell the truth perhaps he might even increase your salary if you reason the senior man well.

What is life self we are all in this world to grow up, school, and work for money and at the end die leaving the money and the circle continues what am i even saying self...

Anyway Goodt luck
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by murphyibiam15(m): 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
goodnessme02:

I'm sorry there is no other way than to lie
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Getsaved(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
I had to log in to nl because of you today - for seeking to know how to do things in truth. Let me help if I were in your shoes.
I will Seek for permission from my company for an engagement that I need to attend. When they ask for details. plead with them that it is more of a private and personal issue. You can also meet someone in your company that you tell this same thing so that he/she would be able to influence the person in charge (management) to permit you. Do not not tell them the direct thing that wants to engage you. There are many indirect way of saying something without telling a lie. Please note, if you are the type that has always been taking permission before for things that are not too serious, this may not work for you. But if you rarely take permission from work, then they will see reason with you. Do it wisely, politely, prayerfully and honourable. You will see they will grant you your request. Shallom!

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Callertunez: 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
Just don't say the truth... Don't lie either...

Stay in between cheesy
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
why should you tell them anything, until you have secured that other job?! just take a day off...

just do what is right, go for the interview and if you get the job, make sure you give them proper resignation notice (as stated on your contract)
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by chigoizie7(m): 1:22am On Nov 16, 2019
I had to take the risk that time I was working.

I was working in one of the banks. Had an interview to attend.

Luckily, it rained the previous day,
I just woke up, dressed up for the interview , switched off my phones and left for the interview venue. After the interview, I went home to a better sleep, I was ready to face my BM the following day.

I went to work, he was shouting on top of his voice. Asked why I didn’t come to work the previous day, I simply told him, sir I am sorry, we closed from work very late yesterday, the rain really messed me up, upon that, I lost my phone,I became so frustrated that I decided to quit the job, but after yesterday, my anger and frustrations reduced. And I decided to come today, BM I am really sorry, please it won’t happen again.

He just stood there looking at me. And next thing he said was, make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Few hours later, he called me to his office and started encouraging me and advising me on how not to allow the pressures we face on daily basis always get the better part of me. I was just nodding my head. Later thanked him, he asked how I will get a new phone, I told him I have small Nokia phone, that I made a welcome back the previous day. He said okay.

Please it might not work for you.
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by goodnessme02: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2019
thank you guys.....your advises have been helpful

obviously, something has to be said which still will one day or the other amount to lying...

there are a lot of things that don't work in the favour of moralists in Nigeria.....it's frustrating.
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Moezzy1(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2019
Getsaved:
I had to log in to nl because of you today - for seeking to know how to do things in truth. Let me help if I were in your shoes.
I will Seek for permission from my company for an engagement that I need to attend. When they ask for details. plead with them that it is more of a private and personal issue. You can also meet someone in your company that you tell this same thing so that he/she would be able to influence the person in charge (management) to permit you. Do not not tell them the direct thing that wants to engage you. There are many indirect way of saying something without telling a lie. Please note, if you are the type that has always been taking permission before for things that are not too serious, this may not work for you. But if you rarely take permission from work, then they will see reason with you. Do it wisely, politely, prayerfully and honourable. You will see they will grant you your request. Shallom!
Exactly.. Op i think you should go with this advice
Re: How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out by Igetmyown247: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2019
Call in sick.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were A Lecturer,can You Marry Your Student? / ‘if You Want To Make It In Life, Stay Away From Jobless Ladies With High Taste’ / OMG!! Girls Shows Guys How To Lick Her Puna [watch Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.