Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring (72884 Views)

Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by sangresan(m): 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
PaschalPM:

He didn't lie

He is a liar...Even Niger State (which is the largest in Nigeria) isn't larger than the SW...I don't know where you people pick your falsehoods from.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by ArmedRobber: 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nexus25:

Money is needed to prosecute an election but doesn't guarantee victory. Jonathan outspent Buhari in 2015 and that didn't stop his humiliating defeat.

What PDP needs is to objectively xray the mood of the people, bring out a candidate irrespective of the region who appeals to the vast majority in the context of country's mood.

bro political structure is what wins election.and u need money to strengthen the political structure for it to function.
Political structure is a grassroot machinery that steer a political party to victory on battle field. Political structure is the Engine room of all political parties. Spending alone or popularity of candidate alone doesn't guarantee electoral victory in our climate.
Jonathan lost the northern political structure needed after the structure felt betrayed because of power rotation. I tell u if it was a northern politican that contest against buhari , there won't be any need for Balkanization of pdp. The likes of atiku kwankaso, saraki,,tambuwal,goje,e.t.c will not leave pdp.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by chemgee: 1:07am On Nov 17, 2019
ravensckar:
I don't know if it's ignorance or the Zombie in you that is talking. APC didn't do shi.t in Bayelsa, it was Dickson's misdeeds that is simply playing out here. When an incompetent foo.l like Dickson decides to play god, then, such brutal fate awaits him.

Now, let's talk about 2023. Shouldn't common sense have told you that Nigerian politicians cross-carpet at will? The moment one strong man is denied APC presidential ticket. Voom! He and his cronies will pitch their tent with the PDP and the contest will begin.

Like someone rightly pointed out; that you're against governor Dickson on his alleged abysmal performance whilst supporting Yeye Bello in the same breadth shows that you're either a first class hypocrite or one who reasons from his anu.s

Either way, you're not in any way different from a typical political jobber! My advice for you is to get a real life. This endeavour wouldn't take you anywhere. If you doubt me, ask TonyeBarcanister and that rotten suya seller ().

thanks for dropping that bomb on that thing..

the only way I can reconcile/understand such folly & hypocrisy is if they're paid to do so.. else it's hard to fathom how an average citizen with nothing to gain can reason like that..

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Angrymode: 1:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Just saw this. If true, then I don't know what to say for PDP but Negudo o

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by apolonius(m): 6:05am On Nov 17, 2019
omenka:
My brother, the question no one seems to be asking as per pdp chances in 2023 is: where is the party gonna get the finances she needs to execute their plans.

Wike certainly wouldnt wanna bet that much on it. His current body language gives very clear signs. Except the situation changes such that he personally gets kn the ballot.

Atiku will certainly be a no show. Dude is reeling from the loses incurred in 2019.

Saraki has gone ghost mode.

Jonathan didn't play ball in Bayelsa in the current process, I predict he'd do even much less in 2023.

The situation isn't looking good at all.

Wike will sponsor and pair with Tambuwal. Atiku will run again but will be disgraced and humiliated by the governors who are now in their second terms and ready for national aspirations.

Kwankwaso will run again.

Yet, my APC will beat the shit out of them if they manage Tinubu well.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Mikegking: 6:27am On Nov 17, 2019
ravensckar:
Bros, there's nothing like 'best candidate' or a candidate that will be generally accepted in politics. Elections are won simply by machinery.

Jonathan lost 2015 election simply because of those aggrieved governors who took their machinery into the APC; Rotimi Amaechi, Kwakwanso, Saraki and the likes. That's why you see Buhari lobbying folks like Akpabio into the APC. I can't say for other countries o, but in Nigeria of today, machineries win election.

I'm not undermining a candidate's track record it general acceptability. What I'm saying is that without the right machinery or funding, personality alone will take him nowhere. Have you ever asked yourself why a whole Gani Fawehinmi never got a chance against rogues like Obasanjo?

Or is there any Nigerian dead or alive who has the kind of sterling reputation that Gani has? Funny enough, as outstanding as Gov. Makinde's credentials are, it took his decamping to the PDP to achieve his ambition even though he's a billionaire. As in, he had the money but no machinery.

PS- I used to admire TonyeBarcanista thinking he knows a lot about politics. Until I saw him supporting Ahmed Makarfi for 2019 PDP presidential ticket. We told him then that Makarfi doesn't have the machinery to match people like Atiku or even Kwakwanso. I'm sure you know how it ended.
what then won buhari his 2019, seeing that alot of those "machenaries" left him to pdp
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Grundig: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Pdp's saving grace in bayelsa will be the court. They have very good case against david lyon and his deputy. Otherwise, they should forget bayelsa. It is gone.

Timi alaibe would've defeated David Lyon without raising a finger but Dickson decided to be a nuisance.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Ezewuzie01: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2019
Grundig:
Pdp's saving grace in bayelsa will be the court. They have very good case against david lyon and his deputy. Otherwise, they should forget bayelsa. It is gone.

Timi alaibe would've defeated David Lyon without raising a finger but Dickson decided to be a nuisance.
They don't have case at all. Forget that tactics of PDP buying court judgement to steal this state. APC won't let that happen again.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by helinues: 6:36am On Nov 17, 2019
engineerboat:

Give us update

Must you always Usain Bolt from any election's thread?

Na starting you and Johnny essence get, no finishing.

I dont want to see you on any election threads again oo

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by ddippset(m): 6:39am On Nov 17, 2019
apolonius:

Wike will sponsor and pair with Tambuwal. Atiku will run again but will be disgraced and humiliated by the governors who are now in their second terms and ready for national aspirations.

Kwankwaso will run again.

Yet, my APC will beat the shit out of them if they manage Tinubu well.
This APC am seeing will be so factiionalized ehn.

After Buhari they will just destroy themselves.

The only thing that might save them is for Buhari to get involved and stabilize them just before he leaves office.
Get fully involved in the 2023 primaries and reconciliation.

But I know he won't. He will just sit aloof and form his usual I don't care attitude and then leave office

The way APC will fight themselves ehn, WWE is still learning work.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Grundig: 6:44am On Nov 17, 2019
It appears only wike and to a lesser extent dino can go toe to toe with federal govt might and come out smelling of roses.

Kwankwaso and fayose tried it and failed.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by AkwalaIke1: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2019
helinues:

Must you always Usain Bolt from any election's thread?

Na starting you and Johnny essence get, no finishing.

I dont want to see you on any election threads again oo

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Grundig: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2019
Wike will be laughing His behind out right now.

I'm imagining a situation where wike will demand to be vice president to tambuwal in 2023.

What pdp needs to grab the ticket in 2023 is undulterated gutter thuggery in the south.

Tambuwal can divide votes in the north

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by SIRAO(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2019
Lagos is the smallest state in nigeria

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by oyatz(m): 7:45am On Nov 17, 2019
This your permutation is making me to laugh in INEC server

Grundig:

I'm imagining a situation where wike will demand to be vice president to tambuwal in 2023.

What pdp needs to grab the ticket in 2023 is undulterated gutter thuggery in the south.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by seunmsg(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2019
Grundig:

Tambuwal that couldn’t win Sokoto clearly even as an incumbent is the person that will divide votes in the entire north, right? Okay now.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by ArmedRobber: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Grundig:

is the same Tambuwal that won apc candidate with less than 350 votes in sokoto gubernatorial
election cheesycheesy or is there another tambuwal in Northgrin

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Bennycollins: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2019
You are absolutely right about Timi. Dickson should be held responsible. Anyway you can't trust politicians. I won't be surprised if Dickson joins the APC in a short time. It seems to me some PDP governors have been selling out.
Grundig:

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by IamR: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2019
Bennycollins:
You are absolutely right about Timi. Dickson should be held responsible. Anyway you can't trust politicians. I won't be surprised if Dickson joins the APC in a short time. It seems to me some PDP governors have been selling out.
Dickson should not only be held responsible, he should also be expelled from the party. His greeds brought Bayelsa PDP to where it is now. Bayelsans voted against Dickson, and I am sure that they are still loyal to the party and not to Dickson. If it were to be Timi Alaibe, PDP would have won with wide margin.
Shame on Dickson.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 17, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Pdp will have to give Wike the Vice presidency slot
is it a crime for him to be giving the presidency slot? I will not vote for the PDP in 2023 if they keep on producing a Northerner.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by IamR: 8:45am On Nov 17, 2019
BabaOwen:
is it a crime for him to be giving the presidency slot? I will not vote for the PDP in 2023 if they keep on producing a Northerner.
It tired me o. I don't know why some people think that PDP cannot or should not field a candidate from the south for the 2023 presidential election.

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by otokx(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
IamR:

It tired me o. I don't know why some people think that PDP cannot or should not field a candidate from the south for the 2023 presidential election.

From the South East.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Grundig: 8:55am On Nov 17, 2019
Bennycollins:
Without a shout. PDP governors are selling out. Umahi and Ben ayade come to mind.

I don't like wike's brand of politics but you can tell he genuinely hates APC. Tambuwal also doesn't fancy APC but he is calm about it.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Mikegking: 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
IamR:

Dickson should not only be held responsible, he should also be expelled from the party. His greeds brought Bayelsa PDP to where it is now. Bayelsans voted against Dickson, and I am sure that they are still loyal to the party and not to Dickson. If it were to be Timi Alaibe, PDP would have won with wide margin.
Shame on Dickson.
You should also be calling for secondus expulsion cos he organised the primaries that enabled dickson stooge win.

Dont forget the way he is causing chaos with wike at nass.

Infact all pdp are sellout, we dont have opposition party, it is the people that mobilized themselves in 2019

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by seunmsg(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2019
What is happening in Bayelsa? The silence so far this morning is becoming too loud. The final results from all the 8 LGAS should be out by now.

I hope PDP is not cooking something contrary to the wishes of the people?

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by 7lives: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2019
Grundig:
It appears only wike and to a lesser extent dino can go toe to toe with federal govt might and come out smelling of roses.

Kwankwaso and fayose tried it and failed.

Dino just lost the senatorial election, he is crying now, he said the results were changed.
Only Tinubu and Orji Uzor Kalu, challenged the federal might and survived.
Tinubu Battled Ob j for close to four years, this is what earned him the title "lion of Bourdillon ".

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by tomaudu(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Pls any update on Bayelsa official results?

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by ravensckar(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2019
Mikegking:
what then won buhari his 2019, seeing that alot of those "machenaries" left him to pdp
Very easy! He tried as much as possible to neutralize their influence. Let's start from Kano State, he handed over the party structure to the state governor (Ganduje) who as a sitting governor has some influence. Secondly, he wooed Mallam Shekarau back into the APC with a promise of senatorial ticket. As a result, Kwakwanso's influence was watered down.

Now to Kwara State, he used one Saraki (Gbemisola) to fight another Saraki's influence. Not forgetting the Offa robbery attack which further dented Saraki's image. The O'toge mantra too which was spread by Tinubu's media was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Thirdly, Buhari kinda turned a blind eye towards some sitting governor's dissatisfaction with the party's Congress. Case in point the Imo, Ogun, Ondo and Lagos state. That's why you have those governors contesting for Senate under the APC whilst pushing their stooge to another party. What does it tell you? Their fight wasn't with the president but with the party hierarchy.

More so, he wooed the likes of Akpabio, & Idgaf gan whilst already having Rotimi Amaechi, Timipre Sylva amongst others to lock down South South. The aim wasn't to win the south south though but to get the much needed two-third.

Finally, the northern constituency remained his stronghold. Hence, it will take a miracle for him to lose there. With all these, now tell me how he would have lost?

Like I pointed out earlier, elections in Nigeria is won by machinery not public opinion or social media outcry.

Peace!

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by otokx(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2019
seunmsg:
What is happening in Bayelsa? The silence so far this morning is becoming too loud. The final results from all the 8 LGAS should be out by now.

I hope PDP is not cooking something contrary to the wishes of the people?

All is fair in Nigerian politics.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Yebosola(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2019
omenka:
Jonathan's was a very unique case. The northerners felt a sense of betrayal when he insisted on running even though they claimed he had signed an agreement he'd run for only a single term which was the reason why they threw their weight behind him in 2011.

APC took advantage of that disenchantment and struck gold along with their strength in the SW. Not to mention the country was fed up with pdp and needed to taste other wines.

Now, APC might not have performed as we anticipated they would, I'd admit that. But I dont think the situation with them at the moment is anywhere near as bad as it was with pdp in 2015. Reason why I believe it would be near impossible for pdp to get back to Aso rock in 2023.

The only thing I believe could significantly improve their chances is if the power play in Aso Rock gets so bad it claims Osinbajo. That way, Nigerians would be so pissed they might wanna punish the party leaders, and by extension, the party, for it. Aso Rock understands this hence wouldn't wanna go down that route.

Facts without been sentimental or parochial, your head deh there!!!

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by ravensckar(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2019
ArmedRobber:
bro political structure is what wins election.and u need money to strengthen the political structure for it to function.
Political structure is a grassroot machinery that steer a political party to victory on battle field. Political structure is the Engine room of all political parties. Spending alone or popularity of candidate alone doesn't guarantee electoral victory in our climate.
Jonathan lost the northern political structure needed after the structure felt betrayed because of power rotation. I tell u if it was a northern politican that contest against buhari , there won't be any need for Balkanization of pdp. The likes of atiku kwankaso, saraki,,tambuwal,goje,e.t.c will not leave pdp.
God bless you for this post! It feels good knowing that we still have those with good reasoning faculty on this forum. Someone was saying Jonathan lost due to incompetence. I just laughed. Incompetence kee them there! The moment those PDP governors decamped to APC, even a village idiot knew it's over for Jonathan.

In Nigeria of today, political machinery wins election.

#Period

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare And El-Rufai Visit Sanusi In Lagos (Photos) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Abba Kyari Faces Extradition As FBI Arrests Two Of Hushpuppi's Associates

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61