Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage (45286 Views)

"Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe / I Won't Take My Future Husband's Name Unless He's More Successful-Cynthia Lolo / Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Sunnyobums: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
I love this cool
My kids take my husband's name and I keep mine while would I change my name because of a single dick? Not happening Well unless he has a really prominent and influential last name
Talk is cheap, keep blabbing

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Sunnyobums: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nnemuka:
Nairaland resident e dolts will come and tag them feminist even when this one's are not.

Let the fight continue
You ended up making no sense so I guess u are the idiot here

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
dfrost:

Thank you sis.

Feminists, feminists, feminists, what exactly do they want? Nobody has successfully explained to me so far.
They want validation for there lives... They want to eat their cakes and have it.. They want to erase out the word Manliness from the foundation of human society.. And lastly they want everybody to be defensive and unhappy just like they are..

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Sunnyobums: 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
cococandy:
Wow guys are pained.
They are not forcing you to marry them. Find someone who agrees with you.
If cocandy doesn't support feminist rants, who will?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by ChristineC: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
these are useless girls, not worthy of debate.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Mizwisdom(f): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
Patriarchy is a scam. Every rule given is done by men to fan their egos, in some parts of Ghana people answer their mothers surnames, even among the Ijaws and Efiks they operate their culture based on matriarchy. Don't conclude that all parts of Nigeria is patriarchal, it's a big lie

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by TheRedpillguy: 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hehe she will get a cat and keep her name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by TheStarsAlign: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
People just like seeking vanity. So what effect will a wife not adopting husband's name have on her or the universe? What we should be discussing is how to build happier homes, reduce divorce rates, raise better kids not this shit.

This generation sha.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by genii96(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ask these women in 10 years time.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by themanderon: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Perverse and rebellious generation.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by ffo(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
Elder0001:
Ladies on twitter kick against them and their kids taking up their husband's name in marriage.

Why are women always competing with men?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by kikelomojessy(f): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
dfrost:

Thank you sis.

Feminists, feminists, feminists, what exactly do they want? Nobody has successfully explained to me so far.

Lol. Feminist kee them.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by bigtt76(f): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
Makes no sense.... at least until we women rewrite the bible angry

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
Divay22:

Too small. I need something challenging wink
Haha, More challenging?? I give up......Just give me the world if you can
Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by popcykaylah(m): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
They feel entitled when it comes to spending our money,owning our properties and forming ownership of what we worked for claiming I was with him when he had nothing. All these fucking feminist...*spits*

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Modernist: 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nnemuka:
Nairaland resident e dolts will come and tag them feminist even when this one's are not.

Let the fight continue
Just like fellow Muslims say terrorist are not of their religion.
Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Divay22(f): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Haha, More challenging?? I give up......Just give me the world
Awwww
Can't promise to give you the whole world but if you will accept, I'll give you mine cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by NiCurious: 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
In the comments there is a strong backlash, citing the husband's payment of the bride price, and ownership of his kids.

With the echoes of slaves being bought and sold as chattel, and shipped from Nigeria's shores, will anyone step back, really step back, and reflect on the irony of defending bride purchase and ownership of children, today?

Waiting for the storm....

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by drealbenard(m): 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
;Na so madness dey take start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by oodua1stson: 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Eleribu ni gbogbo won
Olalan:
All dem yeye silly dumb girls claiming feminist would recoil to their shell once financial obligations pops up

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by emmaodet: 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
Martinez39:
I agree with you and your last point is the hard truth. Men don't understand female nature, they can't control their d!cks, and they are still shackled by the myth called romantic love. The problem is that when it comes to men-women relationships (especially romance) and the power dynamics therein, women are remorseless and brutal opportunists while men love ideally and naively project their virtues on women. Many men erroneously think women would sacrifice selflessly and be virtuous when it comes to love and romantic relationship not knowing that they are dealing with remorseless and opportunistic lovers.

Women only care about their own needs and wants. They have no love to give, they are not your friends, they are master pretenders, and they don't give a dime.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
You are 100% right. I noticed this in my past relationships.
After break up, i do notice that most of the ladies are either in another relationship or within a short period (less than a month) they are in a new relationship why am still nursing my own pains.
Women are very wicked and brutal when it comes to decision making in a relationship, they don't have remorse for you nor think about your heavy contributions in their past life.
They will drop you like hot potatoes.
What even surprise me most is that these are ladies few months ago promising you heaven and earth, telling you to relax that nobody will ever take your place in their heart, you are the one and only, they want to spend the rest of their life with you etc
Then Boooooommmmm!!!!!!!
All of a sudden, relationship don break...
All past promises gone into the wind, just like that without blinking an eye.
The bad boys know them, that is why they Bleep them anyhow without looking back and dump their asses.
Tbh, have developed a deep seated hatred for them, don't know why maybe because of the deceit, lies, manipulations and betrayer
Am annoyed

Pansophist
Ubunja
Franchasng

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by AmuRubber(m): 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
gibiam:
My peoples, when you slot in your ATM card in the machine, who owns the money that comes out; is it the machine or you?

My broda, na my money o!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by AmuRubber(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
kikelomojessy:
I hate making a big issue when there shouldn't be any. We women like wahala where there is none. The surname I have was given to me by my father so my kids will bear the papa's name.
That's why I avoid too much ladies talks.
When you start now by dragging irrelevant things with your hubby, you will never be happy.

My dear, may God bless you five times a day.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Martinez39(m): 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
You are 100% right. I noticed this in my past relationships.
After break up, i do notice that most of the ladies are either in another relationship or within a short period (less than a month) they are in a new relationship why am still nursing my own pains.
Once you can't provide anymore and they can't get anything from you again, they are quick to change you without remorse, difficulty or hesitation no matter what you've done for them in the past. Even if you sacrificed your kidney or chopped off your arm to save her life, she will still dump you cold. Most times, the "new" relationship they have after dumping you is usually the one they have established secretly while dating you. You may cry over them out of love but they won't. Women only cry during a break up if they stand to gain way more from you and they have no one as good as yourself in the providing department.

If they are already married and have passed their sexual market value and things become financially hard for their husbands, the house would be a living hell for those men. During such time, these women get easily offended and abusive towards their husbands. Even if their husbands trained them through school and got them their jobs, they would insult their husbands when these men come to borrow money from them and they would nag the hell out of their husband to repay. During any little argument, some would bring up the poor state of the husband even if it's unrelated to argument and shame him. They cry for themselves and when they want you to forgive them. The latter is always an act.

Women are very wicked and brutal when it comes to decision making in a relationship, they don't have remorse for you nor think about your heavy contributions in their past life.
They will drop you like hot potatoes.
What even surprise me most is that these are ladies few months ago promising you heaven and earth, telling you to relax that nobody will ever take your place in their heart, you are the one and only, they want to spend the rest of their life with you etc
Then Boooooommmmm!!!!!!!
All of a sudden, relationship don break...
All past promises gone into the wind, just like that without blinking an eye.
Lol. Women are master pretenders. A woman can, for a very long while (even up to 30 years), perfectly act like she loves you and won't do without you, she would give sex and promise heaven and earth only to change immediately when things get hard for you or she has found a higher bidder. Then you might hear things like "I never loved". grin

The bad boys know them, that is why they Bleep them anyhow without looking back and dump their asses.
Tbh, have developed a deep seated hatred for them, don't know why maybe because of the deceit, lies, manipulations and betrayer
Am annoyed
A moral man who comes to know women in and out will hate women at first then make peace with their nature and stop making them his priority in any shape or form. When it comes to love, women are not worth all those sacrifices, love letters, and spending. I might sound like a misogynist but don't take my word for it, see for yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by YAHREIGNS: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
You know this is European. Africans grew up with 10-20 names in old days. We did not bother with taking on other people's names. Not that it's bad (depending on the name)... it's not African

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by kevotek1000(m): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
Feminist movement of Nigeria... F. M. N dem don start a again o... Naso dem go dey drag everything follow man... If my wife talk this nonsense she go show me d baby father... Soon they will advocate that men should always bend down and pee while women should stand and pee. Mitchew

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Richydos(m): 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
I love this cool

My kids take my husband's name and I keep mine
while would I change my name because of a single dick? Not happening
Well unless he has a really prominent and influential last name
The name you bear, is it that of your mum or Dad??...
Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2019
my dad cool
I have no probs with that after all I came out of my father's loins
my kids will bear their dad's name
but I'm not changing my last name
my husbands sperm cell didn't create me
Richydos:

The name you bear, is it that of your mum or Dad??...

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by Richydos(m): 12:04am On Nov 17, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
my dad cool
I have no probs with that after all I came out of my father's loins
my kids will bear their dad's name
but I'm not changing my last name
my husbands sperm cell didn't create me
Think, lolz... Is your mum bearing her Dad's name??, you are still missing the concept

1 Like

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by liberalchick(f): 12:22am On Nov 17, 2019
Mrexcell:

Nigerians always abuse civilization even the European and American women don't name the kids they give birth to the name of their father, were are Nigerian ladies learning this one from now?

Not true. Spanish and Portuguese naming custom, the kids have both the mother AND father surnames as their surname. That’s why any Spanish, Portuguese or Brazilian star you know have lots of names as their surname.

Some cultures in Nigeria also recognize compound surnames. Some polygamous homes do that too. Some do that if they are a union of two prominent families.

There’s no one rule. I am not from a polygamous home, my surname is a compound name of my mother and father surnames.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by dfrost: 12:46am On Nov 17, 2019
liberalchick:

Not true. Spanish and Portuguese naming custom, the kids have both the mother AND father surnames as their surname. That’s why any Spanish, Portuguese or Brazilian star you know have lots of names as their surname.

Some cultures in Nigeria also recognize compound surnames. Some polygamous homes do that too. Some do that if they are a union of two powerful families.

There’s no one rule. I am not from a polygamous home, my surname is a compound name of my mother and father surnames.

Are you Spanish?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage by liberalchick(f): 12:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Is Spain in Europe?

dfrost:

Are you Spanish?

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Marries Her Unknown Caller Whose Calls She Missed / Man Rocks Partner Backside In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Some Silly Ways Guys Act When A Lady Turns Them Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.