Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin (10196 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / The Once Saved Always Saved Gospel Is Really A Dangerous One / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Mftivi:
You just need to sit down and accept Salvation. You are full of pride sir! Such will take you to hell. You need to totally depend on Jesus! Listen and learn.
Lol!

Out of the abundance of ignorance, the mouth yet speaks.

The Truth that Jesus said would take me to hell, and you can't see that you are the one who is lost and seriously needs help.

Continue to totally depend on Jesus without turning away from your iniquity, and we'd meet at the other side to see who's full of pride and need to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Mftivi: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Firstly, when Jesus said he would "spew you out", he wasn't talking to an individual which is why the verse is not applicable to an individual. He was talking to a church which was one of the 7 churches in Asia. He said he would spew the church out for being lukewarm. Nowhere does that equate to sending the church to hell fire neither was it directed at an individual. So this can't be used to court term Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.

Now, my main aim of this thread is to correct people who have the notion that Once Saved Always Saved doctrine encourages sin. It doesn't because if you check out the punishment God visits disobedient children with, any sane person would know to avoid sin.

Surely I engaged in a wayward life and did I suffer ? I fucking did. But it was only for him to call me back to him, I didn't understand this I didn't understand his salvation and love was afraid to call him father but one evening he said to my hearing are you going to keep struggling or will you let me. I went into my room in tears took my Bible and he took me to Isaiah where he told me he had missed me and was looking out for me. Says he wants me back and wants to bless me and that word of God brought me back. I got the strength to go back to serving God! He never condemned me, all he ministered to me was his love. I still am not perfect but now I recognize his love and sacrifice and I aim to live a life that will appreciate such sacrifice.
I continued to study the work of salvation and the holyspirit taught me with the Thief on the cross who went to heaven not by confessing his sin but by simply believing on Jesus as the son of God and his ability to save him. That was when John 3:16 was truly revealed to me! I began to see Salvation passages in my dream like literally dreaming the Bible happening like an event. I once dreamt about a criminal that was to be sentenced and I was on the side hoping there was hope for him suddenly a man appeared and said I will be his advocate and he went there and set him free and I woke up. Now I have always been charged to share this Good news to others the way God have taught me.

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by shadeyinka(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2019
OkCornel:

Even little children still obey their parents' instructions, that's their job. This somewhat lopsided view takes out the role obedience plays in one's walk with God.

This is even Jesus here hammering on the importance of obedience;

Luke 6 v 46-49;
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

THERE IS NO WAY YOU CLAIM TO TRUST JESUS, AND YET NOT OBEY HIM. TRUST & OBEY, SO YOU REMAIN FRUITFUL IN THE VINE. BARREN BRANCHES ARE CUT OFF AND CAST INTO THE FIRE
The evidence of "salvation" being saved is not a response to an ALTER CALL but a Transformation as a result of FAITH in the sacrifice by blood of Jesus Christ.

Being the son of my parent is independent of my perfection BUT the fact that I have my parents DNA in me.

Anyone who has Gods DNA is a new creation: old things of sin have passed away. He does not continue in sin because Gods DNA is in him.

Anyone who "claims" to have Gods DNA and is comfortable with sin is a liar and certainly not HIS. As per salvation, by grace we are saved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by pressplay411(m): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Obeying God's word is actually for our own good plus it comes with reward here on Earth and in heaven.

This is a timely post. Thanks for sharing.
I will like your insight on these verses, particularly the last verse.

Galatians 5:16-22
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by OkCornel(m): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2019
shadeyinka:

The evidence of "salvation" being saved is not a response to an ALTER CALL but a Transformation as a result of FAITH in the sacrifice by blood of Jesus Christ.

Being the son of my parent is independent of my perfection BUT the fact that I have my parents DNA in me.

Anyone who has Gods DNA is a new creation: old things of sin have passed away. He does not continue in sin because Gods DNA is in him.

Anyone who "claims" to have Gods DNA and is comfortable with sin is a liar and certainly not HIS. As per salvation, by grace we are saved

Thank you very much. This spot on.

There must be a change of heart (repentance), if not...all this talk on grace is just a waste of time.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Infomaz(m): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Philippians 2:12

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

There's nothing like "Once saved always saved" I know of some friends hiding under this satanic teaching and wallowing in sin, while deceiving themselves that they're under grace...whereas, they're under disgrace.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Magnoliaa(f): 10:31am On Nov 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Any one who continues in iniquity cannot be saved!

No person who is saved continues in iniquity!

Maybe it is the Iniquity of not believing in Jesus, but definitely not Iniquities of the flesh - like lying, stealing, breaking God's commandments and not doing what he expect of us, etc. Unless you're saying a person automatically stops being HUMAN when he accept Jesus. Which will be unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Infomaz:

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

There's nothing like "Once saved always saved" I know of some friends hiding under this satanic teaching and wallowing in sin, while deceiving themselves that they're under grace...whereas, they're under disgrace.
Lol!

Not just your friends but even church leaders these days commit atrocities and yet use the imaginary grace upon their life to justify such iniquity.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by alBHAGDADI: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2019
Mftivi:

Surely I engaged in a wayward life and did I suffer ? I fucking did. But it was only for him to call me back to him, I didn't understand this I didn't understand his salvation and love was afraid to call him father but one evening he said to my hearing are you going to keep struggling or will you let me. I went into my room in tears took my Bible and he took me to Isaiah where he told me he had missed me and was looking out for me. Says he wants me back and wants to bless me and that word of God brought me back. I got the strength to go back to serving God! He never condemned me, all he ministered to me was his love. I still am not perfect but now I recognize his love and sacrifice and I aim to live a life that will appreciate such sacrifice.
I continued to study the work of salvation and the holyspirit taught me with the Thief on the cross who went to heaven not by confessing his sin but by simply believing on Jesus as the son of God and his ability to save him. That was when John 3:16 was truly revealed to me! I began to see Salvation passages in my dream like literally dreaming the Bible happening like an event. I once dreamt about a criminal that was to be sentenced and I was on the side hoping there was hope for him suddenly a man appeared and said I will be his advocate and he went there and set him free and I woke up. Now I have always been charged to share this Good news to others the way God have taught me.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by shadeyinka(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Maybe because the sins of those it makes to continue in sin have been covered by such an idea of "grace", so such sins are no longer regarded as sins but righteousness. SMH

The devil is indeed a bloody liar!

That's why iniquity now abounds in the church more than ever before and there is hardly remorse for wrong doing, because such an erroneous idea of grace has given the people licence to continue in their inquity, for instance rape, commit adultery, steal, because the grace upon them covers them regardless.

But the Truth is that such a grace that covers men regardless if they continue in their inquiries doesn't exist!

That knowledge was what helped those Jesus brought up to stay on their toes, and to be vigilant so that they don't fall into temptation. And if at any point they did, that knowledge would make them feel remorse for it and to repent of it because they know they can't simply afford to continue in their iniquities if they wanted to preserve the eternity of souls.

Matthew 13:41-42 (KJV)

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So when someone has been emphatically taught by the "Grace of God" Himself who gave His life for man's sin, and consequently would determine who benefits of It, that the Grace of God doesn't cover anyone who continues in his iniquity, what would make that person want to continue in his iniquity?

That suggests the difference between that church where men didn't continue in their iniquity, and this one in which iniquity abounds, their orientation of what the Grace of God entails.

God bless.
A Tare and Wheat plant may look the same but they are genetically different.

The evidence of salvation is the fruit that emanates NOT a profession of mouth. A wheat plant may have just one seed instead of multiples of 100s, yet it's still a wheat plant. Those are the ones saved as by fire.

He who continues in sin is certainly not a NEW creature. He is still his old self with a deceptive look of a wheat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by shadeyinka(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2019
OkCornel:

Thank you very much. This spot on.

There must be a change of heart (repentance), if not...all this talk on grace is just a waste of time.
Many Christians want to earn heaven as a result of their Obedience and Faithfulness forgetting that on the basis of these two we recieve our reward which takes effect only after our salvation (which is purely an act of grace and mercy through His blood)
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by OkCornel(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2019
shadeyinka:

Many Christians want to earn heaven as a result of their Obedience and Faithfulness forgetting that on the basis of these two we recieve our reward which takes effect only after our salvation (which is purely an act of grace and mercy through His blood)

Definitely one comes before the other. But one cannot live in isolation of the other.

There’s no way one can claim to be saved without first letting Christ into his or her life, and obey His instructions thereafter to live a fruitful life.

There’s always a choice to obey or disobey. And every choice has its consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by luvtoyota(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Just shut up and stop repeating point already trashed points.

You first and second lines, can you show us scriptures to back them up? No you can't. All you are doing is coughing out your own ideas.

Go and sleep.

Once saved , always saved . How can an eternal God give man a temporary salvation ?

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
John 10:28‭-‬29‭, ‬31 NLT

Salvation is of the Lord . Salvation of God is forever, without repentance . Once saved always saved OSAS

HEBREWS 7:23-25

SIN CAN NEVER TAKE A MAN TO HELL ,. WHAT TAKES A MAN TO HELL IS REJECTION OF THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST .

SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN SO THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND? GOD FORBID . WE ARE DEAD TO SIN ALREADY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by alBHAGDADI: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Infomaz:

This is how Satan uses scriptures to deceived the unsaved. Look at how you quoted those verses out of context to kick against Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.

The passages in Mathew 24 and Mark 13 are not speaking about the same subject and it is the end times tribulations.

Ask yourself: What is it that people are to endure before they will be saved? They key is in verse 9

Matthew 24:9 (KJV)
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

The Bible went on to state that unless the days during which the killings and persecutions are shortened, no flesh will be saved.

Matthew 24:22 (KJV)
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Did you take note of the word flesh above? That's what needs to endure to be saved. The flesh needs to endure the persecutions till Jesus Christ will come in the end time and save the recipient through rapture. But you have mistaken it to mean if we don't endure (what exactly?) we won't be saved.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by alBHAGDADI: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2019
luvtoyota:

Once saved , always saved . How can an eternal God give man a temporary salvation ?

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
John 10:28‭-‬29‭, ‬31 NLT

Salvation is of the Lord . Salvation of God is forever, without repentance . Once saved always saved OSAS

HEBREWS 7:23-25

SIN CAN NEVER TAKE A MAN TO HELL ,. WHAT TAKES A MAN TO HELL IS REJECTION OF THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST .

SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN SO THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND? GOD FORBID . WE ARE DEAD TO SIN ALREADY.

God bless you
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by luvtoyota(m): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
This is a lengthy post, but the key to you making heaven easily lies in it. Ignore the news about Tonto Dikeh, Davido and Mompha for now. Read this because it is truly Good News.

Many people who reject the Once Saved Always Saved doctrine do so because they believe it is a license to sin. When they are told that a saved person has eternal security and would go to heaven no matter what, they think this gives the person the right to live life however he wants.

If you check those who usually preach Once Saved Always Saved doctrine, they are the ones who usually uphold the laws of God. They preach holiness and fear of God. They believe they are not perfect and can't make heaven on their own, so they trust fully in Jesus Christ who is the way to heaven.

But those who believe they can lose their salvation are usually the ones wallowing in horrible sins. They wallow so much in sins because they are not saved, which is why they don't fear God enough to obey his commandments.

Look, we are all sinners and...

The major reason why people reject the Good News of salvation is because they are proud. They believe they can earn their way into a heaven they don't even know the way to. They are trusting in their ability to avoid sin. They even believe they are without sin. But what does the Bible say?

They prefer to think they are perfect and can live life without sin. Why then did Jesus die if humans could make heaven by not sinning? They are puffed up on their self-righteousness and all their good works that it actually consumes them and prevents them from accepting salvation which is a free gift.

Salvation is a free gift from God which we do nothing to earn. No one ever works for a gift otherwise it would no longer be called a gift. But pride has made them reject the awesome gift of eternal security.

If you give a rich man a car as a gift, he might reject it or not regard it as something awesome. That's because he believes he can afford ten of it or way better. That's pride at work, which is why Jesus said it would be difficult for a rich man to enter heaven. That's because he's always trusting in his abilities and riches. Give that same car to a poor man and watch him accept it with joy unspeakable.

Sadly, we now have so many poor people with the pride of a rich man. If you give them the Good News of eternal life as a gift, they will reject it because they believe they can earn that eternal life on their own. To be saved, you have to throw away pride. Jesus said we have to humble ourselves as a little child before we can enter the kingdom of heaven.

Little children don't do any job for money or food. They trust in their parents for everything. That is the mentality Jesus wants us to have. He wants us to trust him for eternal life and not work for it because he has done the work on the cross. All he's saying is that we should believe in him which is the only work required from us to have eternal life.

The Bible also stated that even if you do not work at all, as long as you believe in Jesus who justifies the ungodly, your faith is counted for RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Wow! This really sounds like a license for me to go boozing, smoking, fornicating, scamming, stealing, killing, lying etc. Because, as long as I believe Jesus paid for all my sins, I will make heaven no matter how sinful I get.

Yes, you will make heaven no matter how sinful you get as long as you believe Jesus died to save you. You have received the gift of eternal life. It was freely given to you, so heaven is sure for you.

Guess what? To whom much is given much is expected. Much has been given to you in that heaven is now certain for you. You are now expected to live your life in a godly manner on Earth. You are now expected to live a righteous life on Earth to show your salvation to others.

If you live a good life on Earth, Deutoronomy 28 lists all the kind blessings God will bless you with. They are so beautiful and amazing that a true child of God will be motivated to love right to get those blessings on Earth. Guess what? Living right on Earth also earns you rewards in heaven.

Now, what if you decide to live a sinful life simply because you know you will still go to heaven if you die? Look, God will so punish you that you will regret your existence. You will become an example of whhat would happen to anyone punished by God. That same Deutoronomy 28 speaks of the horrible things which will happen to his children who fail to obey him.

Oh, you think that is all? See what he said in verse 22

Oh, because God has saved you and given heaven to you freely, you now want to start jumping around on earth however you like? God can turn your children into slaves, where you you will be forced to place them in your brother's house. There they will be maltreated by his wife and turned into househelps.

See more of what he will do to you because he's God.

Do you know what it's like to labour and not be able to reap the fruit of your labour? That is what God might do to you for disobeying his commandments as his child.

If you think you are still stubborn, read from verse 39-65 and see more of what might come your way for abusing the Grave given to you.

All these things might happen to you to whip you back into place.

But you say "oh, that's Old Testament". As if to say God suddenly became soft or became another God in the New Testament. Look, we under Grace have been given much and much is expected of us. The bar got raised.

Sorry to bust your bubble, the Old Testament passage in Deuteronomy 28 is the word of God and applicable to us today because...

This is the reason why we saved people are always afraid of disobeying the commandments of God. Take for example my life. Before I got saved, I was into all kinds of sins. How come I haven't thrown caution to the wind and start living an immoral life simply because heaven is certain for me? How come I'm still the same person preaching holiness, obedience to the commandments of God on this forum? That's because the gospel of once saved always saved is not a license to sin. It actually requires you to live right and tremble before God and his commandments.

If you don't obey God and go about fornicating, who will you blame when you become HIV+?

If you go about doing Yahoo scam because you believe heaven is secured no matter what, who will end up in jail when you are caught? I or you?

Obeying God's word is actually for our own good plus it comes with reward here on Earth and in heaven.

Can you define the kingdom of heaven ?

The kingdom of heaven , is the realities of Christ in the hearts of men . The kingdom of heaven is already here . Heaven is not a geographical location . Heaven is a spiritual realm . The believer is God's eternal abode . Jesus is heaven . Any where Jesus resides is heaven .

Donald Trump on plane makes that plane airforce one . If Trump is not on board it's not airforce one .

Jesus makes a place heaven .

For sin to take any man to hell , will mean that sin escaped Calvary or the cross of Jesus. That is , he didn't do a perfect Job .
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by alBHAGDADI: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2019
pressplay411:

This is a timely post. Thanks for sharing.
I will like your insight on these verses, particularly the last verse.

Galatians 5:16-22
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Do you know why you have a problem? You skipped the previous verses above and jumped to the last verse. If you had paid attention to the first verses, you would have gotten your answer.

What Spirit did Paul say we should walk in? It is the spirit of God given to God's children - the Holy Spirit. Paul is saying we should let the spirit guide us and show us how to live. And the Holy Spirit will simply do that. But unsaved people who don't have the spirit are always walking in the flesh. We have the flesh and the spirit. Both are working against each other. Paul says we should walk on the spirit and not the flesh. We can do so because we have the spirit, which is why we are not condemned.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Also, it is God who put the spirit inside of you to enable you live right. It is not your own ability.

Philippians 2:13 (KJV)
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Magnoliaa(f): 11:35am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI, what about Hebrews 10:26-27 and 6:4-6?

And is it possible for one who've committed the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit (what does this mean exactly?) as an unbeliever (e.g an atheist, in ignorance) to turn back and discover Christ?

Can a Christian (a saved one) commit such?
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Perfectbeing(m): 11:39am On Nov 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where in the Bible does it say saved people who continue in sin will go to hell fire? Nowhere is such found in the Bible. Saved people who sin are only punished here on Earth by God their father. God scourges as chastens his children who sin to keep them obeying him.

Hebrews 12:6-11 (KJV)
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

The Bible also states that our earthly fathers correct us when we do wrong. How many earthly fathers have you seen feed their son to a lion? None. Yet you think God will send his own children who carry his spirit to hell fire?

Hebrews 12:9
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

You are here expecting man to be without sin. If it were possible for man to be sinless, there won't have been any need for Jesus to come. During his days, he said "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone". No one could cast a stone because they were all sinners. Yet you believe a man exists today, in this corrupt and immoral world, that is without sin.

1 John 1:8 (KJV)
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

You have made God a liar by saying man has to be without sin before he can make heaven. You made God a list who said we are all sinners and there is none righteous, no not one.

1 John 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Well, you are a liar, that's why you believe one has to be sinless to make heaven. Whereas, the word of God says we are all sinners.

Romans 3:23-26 (KJV)
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

As seen above, we are all sinners. The only ones justified in the sight of God Almighty are the ones who have been justified through their believe in Jesus, not the works of righteousness.

We will always sin as long as we exist in this flesh because the spirit and flesh are at battle. Guess what? The sins don't send us to hell. Why? Because Jesus Christ is our advocate who ensures we don't come into condemnation.

1 John 2:1 (KJV)
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The Bible also advised us to not grieve the Holy Spirit which is what happens when we sin. However, that same Holy Spirit has SEALED us for all eternity and just waiting to redeem what he has sealed.

Ephesians 4:30
“And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”

The reason we are afraid of sinning is because we fear God and don't want him to visit us with the curses in Deutoronomy 28 which he places on those who disobey his commandments. As for sin sending us to hell fire, that's a lie.

I've gone against you with the word of God. All you've done is spew your own understanding. What has Satan promised you that is making you so eager to hinder people from getting saved?

God doesn't punish us for sinning. Sin is it's own punishment.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Khalidase83(m): 11:52am On Nov 17, 2019
Religious people are the most confused on Earth. They read same book written in same language yet don't agree with each other. Sometimes, I think this world wud have been more peaceful if we had no single religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2019
God bless you for this.
shadeyinka:

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Judybash93(m): 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Grupo:
Lol. Thank God I'm an atheist.

So this is the type of thing I would have been occupying my mind with.

I'm a deist, it's nice to have you here

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Judybash93(m): 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Khalidase83:
Religious people are the most confused on Earth. They read same book written in same language yet don't agree with each other. Sometimes, I think this world wud have been more peaceful if we had no single religion.

This right here is the ultimate truth

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Dtruthspeaker: 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
[quote author=alBHAGDADI post=84098866]

Those children of Israel believed God but were always going back to their sins. That's why God use to punish them e.g kill them, send them into captivity etc.

Nowhere.

No they didn't believe in God. The very Children of Isreal (sometime after the death of Jacob's 12) did not believe in God and infact did not know Him.

Hence God's introduction to Moses-"I am the God of thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob"

Hence the giving of the Laws to wit- "if you will walk in my Statutes and keep my Commandments and do them: Leviticus 26:3 which starts with the contract (covenant) God had with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in Exodus 19:5.

Leviticus 26 shows us the contract (covenant) God had with Abraham and that it is in the contract that whenever they shall breach the contract, He shall punish them, even hotly.

But as He has sworn to Abraham, He will Never allow the contract (covenant) to be terminated! And if the sons of Jacob want to terminated, it shall not be so.

"But where is it recorded that God sent them to hell fire?"

I never mentioned anything about hellfire! But I know that hell is made ready and hot! All who found condemnation in the Most High Judge (Jesus Christ) shall be put in there to die.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
The kind of topics nairaland MODS normally move to front page shows they are clearly working for the antichrist.
Why do they always move the topics of confused Christians to the front page.

Once saved forever saved is a doctrine of hell.

I can by the grace of God comfortably give you 2 scriptures to counter every one you bring to debunk your satanic agenda.

1st John 3: 4 -  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

As we can see from the passage it clearly says let no man deceive you, cos you can't claim to be saved and continue in sin. He that doesn't do righteousness is not of God.
It's as plain as ABC in this passage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by shadeyinka(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
Bodydialect57:
God bless you for this.
Thanks and you too.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by shadeyinka(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
OkCornel:

Definitely one comes before the other. But one cannot live in isolation of the other.

There’s no way one can claim to be saved without first letting Christ into his or her life, and obey His instructions thereafter to live a fruitful life.

There’s always a choice to obey or disobey. And every choice has is consequences.
Perfectly said!
And the consequences of misbehaving may not be pleasant. It's not just about making heaven but having a good eternal RANK after.

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
The agenda of the devil is to use this perverted gospel of once saved forever saved to drag Christians to hell and this is why a lot of church leaders have sexual intercourse with their congregants at will and others turn the church of God to a business centre without remorse.

Exodus 32:33 - And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

There shall a lot of surprises on the last day, keep on wallowing in your confusion and ignorance.
I pray you come to the true knowledge of the truth before its too late.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
Maybe if you read the Bible more carefully, you'll see the many places eternal salvation was mentioned.

“I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24
Note how he said "has crossed over" not "will cross over"
Now for christians who walk in sin, they'll be judged in the flesh but their spirit will be saved. The only sin that'll lead to eternal destruction is the sin of unbelief in the finished works of Christ.

The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.
John 3:18

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
OkCornel:

There’s always a choice to obey or disobey. And every choice has is consequences.

I wonder how believers can claim to be saved and continue living in sin.
The church is far from what it was in the days of yore.
We need to go back to the fundamentals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Harshirama:
Maybe if you read the Bible more carefully, you'll see the many places eternal salvation was mentioned.

“I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24
Note how he said "has crossed over" not "will cross over"
Now for christians who walk in sin, they'll be judged in the flesh but their spirit will be saved. The only sin that'll lead to eternal destruction is the sin of unbelief in the finished works of Christ.

The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.
John 3:18

Wow. That means the demon spirits who believe in Christ will also cross over to God's side when Christ comes.

James 2:19- Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
This is why we have a lot of homosexuals in the church of God today, cos they claim to believe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by OkCornel(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Praivit0:

I wonder how believers can claim to be saved and continue living in sin.
The church is far from what it was in the days of yore.
We need to go back to the fundamentals

Very true.

Much emphasis needs to be laid on the basics.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Makes The Narrow Path To Heaven Hard? - Jack Kelley / Spiritual Benefits Of Bitter Kola / Stop blasphemy God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.