Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin (10200 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / The Once Saved Always Saved Gospel Is Really A Dangerous One / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

The Holy Spirit leaves your life if you commit willful sin. As a sinner, you have stained the Temple of God, which is your body. The Holy Spirit cannot reside in filth. This is why sinners are easy preys to satanic manipulation because they are weak and empty consequent of sins.
The eyes of God cannot behold iniquity.

Can you point out any scriptures that suggest the holy spirit can leave a believer?

The holy spirit dwells in the believer's recreated spirit, while the believer's spirit dwells in a body which was why he said your body is the temple of God. You need to read your Bible more
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

But according to you, eternal security mean freedom to sin. Why are you contradicting yourself?

Freedom to sin? Can't you read your Bible? Eternal security means freedom from sin, a believer should not lust after the flesh. He who has died has been freed from sin according to the Bible. We were dead spiritually before Christ raised us up through salvation. We'll also be recreated bodily at the rapture
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

The Holy Spirit leaves your life if you commit willful sin. As a sinner, you have stained the Temple of God, which is your body. The Holy Spirit cannot reside in filth. This is why sinners are easy preys to satanic manipulation because they are weak and empty consequent of sins.
The eyes of God cannot behold iniquity.

I do not think that’s how sin works literally. God’s spirit isn’t waiting to walk from u just becos u told a lie...remember the holy Spirit is a comforter at the same time, the personality of the Holy Spirit doesn’t like sin....but when u fall, he wants to help u get out of it...not to rush and walk away from u...
However Gal6v8 is clear...it says he who sows to the flesh will reap corruption..the key word “sows”...I.e. continuously remaining in sin will empower ones flesh over the spirit of God in us and over time, a person can develop a reprobate mind ( a mind that doesn’t respond to the comfort or leading of the Holy Spirit) as Said by Paul in Romans chapter one....

The Holy Spirit can leave a man when such a person has become unbelieving...which is what the OP is saying isn’t possible...and I don’t agree
I believe a person doesn’t have to denounce Jesus verbally to become an unbeliever...
This is my theory: Scripture says the eyes of the lord is everywhere, if a so called christain remain in sin consciously knowing fully well God sees him then overtime he will naturally become an unbeliever cos for him to keep on committing sin, he has unconsciously started to think in his heart God cannot see him infact it’s an atheist mind set already..acts 7v39 said how the children of isreal returned to Egypt in their heart..even though they were still in the wilderness with and they perished there for it...leaving only Joshua and Caleb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
Whichever way you spin it sin will send men to hell. No need for cosmetic explanation.
God hates sin, we also should hate it and repent. John the Baptist started this proclamation of the fruit of repentance as evidence of change of life so let's continue from there

2 Likes

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

Can you point out any scriptures that suggest the holy spirit can leave a believer?

The holy spirit dwells in the believer's recreated spirit, while the believer's spirit dwells in a body which was why he said your body is the temple of God. You need to read your Bible more

Harshirama.. could u explain what Jesus meant in Rev 3v15-16.....it was my counter that it was possible to be in Christ and later not be in him because of not remaining on fire...
I asked albhagdadi, but he claimed I was speaking nonsense cos I did not agree with his idea that Christ was speaking to the church building and that he wasn’t referring to persons which makes up the church and the body of Christ the same time....
This confused me cos I ddnt get how jesus could be warning a church but the warning that he would spew them out isn’t for the people that made up the church.... do I have some light to this
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Harshirama.. could u explain what Jesus meant in Rev 3v15-16.....it was my counter that it was possible to be in Christ and later not be in him because of not remaining on fire...
I asked albhagdadi, but he claimed I was speaking nonsense cos I did not agree with his idea that Christ was speaking to the church building and that he wasn’t referring to persons which makes up the church and the body of Christ the same time....
This confused me cos I ddnt get how jesus could be warning a church but the warning that he would spew them out isn’t for the people that made up the church.... do I have some light to this

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father's hand.
John 10:28-29
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
1StopRudeness:

That verse refers to those in between true Christianity and ordinary religion.

Revelation 3:16-17
So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth! Because you say, “I am rich and have acquired great wealth, and need nothing,” but do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked,

i.e those who depend and believe on their own works.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father's hand.
John 10:28-29

Let me tell u what u just did:

a person came to ask me to explain “ why is it that he prays and doesn’t receive answers to his prayers

and all I do is quote Mathew 7v7...and I think I’ve answered the person’s question

But anyways....thanks for ur answer..God bless
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

That verse refers to those in between true Christianity and ordinary religion.

Revelation 3:16-17
So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth! Because you say, “I am rich and have acquired great wealth, and need nothing,” but do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked,

i.e those who depend and believe on their own works.

Oh...a more comprehensive explanation....I’m clear now...thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Oh...a more comprehensive explanation....I’m clear now...thanks

You're welcome
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by content208: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

What's the definition of a believer? One that has confessed Jesus as Lord sometimes ago or one that is living the life of Christ and doing his will?
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

What's the definition of a believer? One that has confessed Jesus as Lord sometimes ago or one that is living the life of Christ and doing his will?

Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.
Romans 10:9-10
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by content208: 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.
Romans 10:9-10

If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.

1John 1:6.

The real believer is not he who just confesses, but he who confessed and does God's will.

You stop believing in your heart the moment you dabble in willful sin

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.

The real believer is not he who just confesses, but he who confessed and does God's will.

What about the thief on the cross that entered paradise, which will did he do before he died. Of course a believer should do God's will, but what makes you a believer is when you receive the gift of salvation
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

Where is willful sin in the verse you quoted, I explained what a believer is and you're saying something else. Instead of giving thanks to God for giving us eternal life, you're saying sin up and down
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by content208: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

Where is willful sin in the verse you quoted, I explained what a believer is and you're saying something else. Instead of giving thanks to God for giving us eternal life, you're saying sin up and down

Oga, you lose eternal life if you take God's salvation for granted. You can't be in sin and expect that you will make heaven, especially if you are commiting wilful sin.

Confessing Christ as Lord with mouth is not enough; you must also do his will.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by content208: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

What about the thief on the cross that entered paradise, which will did he do before he died. Of course a believer should do God's will, but what makes you a believer is when you receive the gift of salvation

The thief made ammend in the last minute. He didn't die in his sin. This is different from the issue at hand.

We are talking here about those who claim to have received salvation but still wallow in sin. The thief you mentioned doesn't even apply here at all
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

Oga, you lose eternal life if you take God's salvation for granted. You can't be in sin and expect that you will make heaven, especially if you are commiting wilful sin.

Even from the grammar sef, it's very obvious, lose, salvation and eternal don't go together
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

The thief made ammend in the last minute. He didn't die in his sin. This is different from the issue at hand.

We are talking here about those who claim to have received salvation but still wallow in sin. The thief you mentioned doesn't even apply here at all

Which amend did he make, he didn't even ask for forgiveness, he only asked Jesus to remember him in paradise, which means he believed Jesus was the son of God
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Acehart: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Just shut up and stop repeating point already trashed points.

You first and second lines, can you show us scriptures to back them up? No you can't. All you are doing is coughing out your own ideas.

Go and sleep.

You are not writing from the Spirit of Christ and this your response shows that He is not in you.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by content208: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

Which amend did he make, he didn't even ask for forgiveness, he only asked Jesus to remember him in paradise, which means he believed Jesus was the son of God

Lolz. Good back and read with a better understanding.

Maybe you should also ask yourself how many sinful churhc goers can have the same opportunity that the guy had.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by content208: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

Even from the grammar sef, it's very obvious, lose, salvation and eternal don't go together

Then you are sayings God was lying when he instructed Ezekiel in Ezekiel 18:24, right?
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

Lolz. Good back and read with a better understanding.

Maybe you should also ask yourself how many sinful churhc goers can have the same opportunity that the guy had.

All you've been saying is sin sin sin. So do you mean all those who believe eternal security are sinful, or do you think the sacrifice of Jesus isn't enough to save you eternally?
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

Then you are sayings God was lying when he instructed Ezekiel in Ezekiel 18:24, right?

Was Jesus lying in John 10:28 too. Abraham practically lied more than once in the old testament, yet he was still called righteous. All men throughout the Bible have had their own failings, which is why only the sacrifice of Jesus makes us perfect
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
content208:

Abeg, I'm tired of coming to NL, if you can drop your WhatsApp number, let's chat
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
Harshirama:

Abeg, I'm tired of coming to NL, if you can drop your WhatsApp number, let's chat
kudos very sound!
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by alBHAGDADI: 3:51am On Nov 19, 2019
content208:

If one could lose the eternal life God gave him, then was it ever eternal at all? Or don't you know the meaning of eternal life?

Eternal life is life that never ends. God's says we have it which we got due to believe in Jesus. If we could lose it, meaning it ended, then God lied when he said he gave us eternal life. That's the falsehood you are propagating.

Your lack of the Holy Spirit has made you even reason like an illiterate in that you couldn't understand what eternal life means.

1 Like

Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by alBHAGDADI: 3:56am On Nov 19, 2019
content208:

Do you even know what the will of God truly is? Perhaps you think it's dos and don'ts. .

Look, the will of God is to believe in Jesus. Nothing more, nothing less.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by MuttleyLaff: 6:50am On Nov 19, 2019
content208:

"11I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by Your name, the name You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one.
12While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name, the name You gave Me. Not one of them has been lost, except the son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.
"
- John 17:11-12

alBHAGDADI:
If one could lose the eternal life God gave him, then was it ever eternal at all? Or don't you know the meaning of eternal life?

Eternal life is life that never ends. God's says we have it which we got due to believe in Jesus. If we could lose it, meaning it ended, then God lied when he said he gave us eternal life. That's the falsehood you are propagating.

Your lack of the Holy Spirit [s]has made you even reason like an illiterate in that[/s] you couldn't understand what eternal life means.
"Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24

alBHAGDADI, what is the correlation between eternal life and everlasting life? Is there any distinction or difference between eternal life and everlasting life?
Isnt eternal life, something that has to do with spiritual existence after death of the body, as in meaning, continued life after death, hmm? Now if God promises one and all everlasting life, when and how does the "will not come under judgment" disclaimer strays in, to deny, disqualify, deprive, rule or knock one out of the promised eternal life and/or everlasting life?

content208:

alBHAGDADI:
Do you even know what the will of God truly is? Perhaps you think it's dos and don'ts. .

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
alBHAGDADI, What kind of believer was Judas? Or did Judas, not at all, believed in Jesus? Did Judas never and not for a moment ever believed in Jesus? Did Judas at no time believed in Jesus?

content208, I am sure is of the opinion that Judas was not a real believer, do you say same alBHAGDADI? Let me, before you start labelling me, as reasoning like a biblical illiterate, quickly say, I am just curious and only was asking ni ooo, lol.
cc Bnimz
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"11I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by Your name, the name You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one.
12While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name, the name You gave Me. Not one of them has been lost, except the son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.
"
- John 17:11-12

"Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24

alBHAGDADI, what is the correlation between eternal life and everlasting life? Is there any distinction or difference between eternal life and everlasting life?
Isnt eternal life, something that has to do with spiritual existence after death of the body, as in meaning, continued life after death, hmm? Now if God promises one and all everlasting life, when and how does the "will not come under judgment" disclaimer strays in, to deny, disqualify, deprive, rule or knock one out of the promised eternal life and/or everlasting life?

alBHAGDADI, What kind of believer was Judas? Or did Judas, not at all, believed in Jesus? Did Judas never and not for a moment ever believed in Jesus? Did Judas at no time believed in Jesus?

content208, I am sure is of the opinion that Judas was not a real believer, do you say same alBHAGDADI? Let me, before you start labelling me, as reasoning like a biblical illiterate, quickly say, I am just curious and only was asking ni ooo, lol.
cc Bnimz

Judas wasn't a believer, none of the disciples were born again at that point. Remember Jesus died and resurrected and still had to explain the fulfilment of the scriptures to them after that. That was when they became born again
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by Harshirama(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Another related verse
1 Tim 2:4
who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth.
Re: Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin by MuttleyLaff: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Harshirama:
Judas wasn't a believer, none of the disciples were born again at that point. Remember Jesus died and resurrected and still had to explain the fulfilment of the scriptures to them after that. That was when they became born again
"Jesus replied,
"Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- John 3:3

Harshirama, since we seem to have switched from real and unreal believer(s) to now "born again", please tell, that is, I mean, factually speaking, what, according to Jesus and is in the Bible speaking, is and/or was Nicodemus born again to your understanding of reading that John 3:2-3?

Harshirama, also what was the comment made by Nicodemus, as in, what was his intro question and the reason, he gave, for coming up to the clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?. Lastly, why is Jesus saying "truly truly I tell you" and talking about "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" to Nicodemus' John 3:2 blunt and opening remark, huh? I am sure, you're aware, that Jesus, always does this, He responds to what lies at the heart of something or somebody. Jesus in John 3:3, responded to what was in the heart of Nicodemus by telling Nicodemus that no one can see and confirm all that Nicodemus has said about Him and say that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus except that person is born again. Isnt that so? Isnt that the words of Jesus and/or what He said about "born again", the phrase originally known as born from above or born from on high?

In fact, scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont, never see and never will see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them and this why they rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any demonstrations or power of the kingdom of God. They dont believe who Jesus is, that He is God and that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List / What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.