Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo (7937 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by shadrach77: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2010
Maryam Babangida’s mum dies in Cairo
From AKIN ALOFETEKUN, Minna
Thursday, November 18, 2010

•Late Maryam Babangida
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Hajiya Asabe King, mother-in-law to former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida is dead. She was aged 88. She died barely one year after the death of her daughter and wife of the former military leader, Maryam Babangida who passed away in an American hospital on December 27, 2009. The deceased died in Cairo, Egypt where she was hospitalized for what family sources called old age related ailment.

The late Hajiya Halima was said to have taken ill about a week ago. She was on Tuesday transferred to the Egyptian hospital where she died yesterday morning. Her daughter, Mallama Hadiza King, director general, Women Mobilization, Niger State accompanied Hajiya Asabe to Cairo on the medical trip. The deceased who hailed from Asaba in Delta State was married to the late Alhaji Muhammadu King, second republic presidential liaison officer under President Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari.

A family source disclosed to Daily Sun that the late Hajiya Asabe would be interred in Kontagora on Friday according to Islamic injunctions. Meanwhile, a statement issued by Ibrahim Ismail, special assistant to former President Ibrahim Babangida said the family of former President Babangida, GCFR, announces the death of Hajiya Asabe Halima Mohammed.

“Hajiya Asabe who died at 6.30 a.m. yesterday, November 17, 2010, in a hospital in Cairo, Egypt, during a protracted illness, was the mother of the former president’s late wife, H.E. (Mrs.) Maryam Babangida. “Born on July 1, 1922, the late Hajiya Asabe was a respected and devout Muslim who was helpful, caring and kind to all. “She is survived by her son, Chief Sunny Okogwu, her daughters, Hadiza King and Jummai Sambo, many grand and greatgrand children.

“She will be buried in Kontagora, Niger State, at 11.00 a.m. on Friday, November 19, 2010.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/nov/18/newsbreak-18-11-2010-001.htm
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by amingafar(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2010
how sad the family is now dealing with two deaths

What made her marry Alhaji Muhammadu King? what happend to her previous husband was he killed in the civil war? what made her become a muslim?
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Blazay(m): 12:01am On Nov 19, 2010
She was on Tuesday transferred to the Egyptian hospital where she died yesterday morning.

No state of the art hospital in Minna? Yet Fashola is accquiring GPS devices to navigate through Isale-Eko and Mushin(Bush man).
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by amingafar(m): 12:09am On Nov 19, 2010
minna is doing well
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by edoyad(m): 12:36am On Nov 19, 2010
When will IBB die ? Now that'd be the real good news.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Beaf: 12:41am On Nov 19, 2010
May Hajiya Asabe King's soul rest in peace.

edoyad:

Maybe he will have a stroke or heart attack after he hears the news of his landslide election loss in 2011.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by chyz(m): 12:44am On Nov 19, 2010
So you mean she converted to islam too.wow! shocked shocked shocked. I guess her husband either wasn't alive when she did it or he wasn't igbo.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Dawgpound: 1:32am On Nov 19, 2010
Hausa ppl must have really dealt with the family for them to switch to Islam and marry muslims too. Igbo mother and daughter. Wow!
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Osama10(m): 3:22am On Nov 19, 2010
edoyad:

shocked shocked shocked grin

Beaf:

May Hajiya Asabe King's soul rest in peace.

Maybe he will have a stroke or heart attack after he hears the news of his landslide election loss in 2011.

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by ragdollz: 3:26am On Nov 19, 2010
edoyad:

Gosh: though this so downright mean grin grin; I can't help but wonder the same undecided undecided undecided undecided. But something tells me that his numerous victims are praying he will deteriorate slowly, in extreme pain and suffering, from some debilitating incurable disease before he finally exits this world grin. However, who are we to judge? His time will come, let us just hope and pray for all the wrongs to be righted one day.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Blazay(m): 5:18am On Nov 19, 2010
Who says Igbo women do not love 'oko mallahs'? grin
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by fstranger: 5:25am On Nov 19, 2010
Blazay:

Who says Igbo women do not love 'oko mallahs'? grin

Arent you a grown man? can't you be a little more decent than that? Makes me wonder what kind of a father you are. . .

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Dawgpound: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2010
I find that very nasty. Not one of my daughter will marry those people.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by hakanai(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2010
Dawgpound:

I find that very nasty. Not one of my daughter will marry those people.

No problem nobody even asked you.So please keep them we have no intrest too!!! wink
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by hakanai(m): 9:59am On Nov 19, 2010
Dawgpound:

Hausa ppl must have really dealt with the family for them to switch to Islam and marry Muslims too. Igbo mother and daughter. Wow!

Perverted thoughts Mr. maybe you need to check out the Muslims communities in the South east closely.I have being chanced to meet the Muslim Igbo community and can name some folks of pure extract gladly practicing Islam. In short it is surprising that when they embrace Islam.They follow a better way of worship than the Northerners.Northerners feel they know Islam better but they are so so wrong.I know how hard it is for the Igbo Muslims but i applaud the way they cope with people especially people like you.I been there for 6 years and know just the way the cope.For me and my experiences i believe the southern Muslims do far more in terms for Islam than Northerners. shocked
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by hakanai(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2010
May Allah (SWA) grant her eternal peace and forgive our parents too and have mercy on them all.RIP cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Afam4eva(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2010
That's the downside of marrying a Northern Muslim. You have to convert to Islam and people will not even know where you're really from.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by freecocoa(f): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2010
@haka-nai,please what should allah forgive her parents for?i guess u mean for being christians,well i hope someday you'll see the light.haka nai ko,ba haka nai ba ni.may her soul RIP o jare.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by kg(f): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
May her gentle soul rest in peace.

It's okay to marry from any tribe or race, it's true love and compatibility that counts.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by thweraja10: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
THis kind story will not end in the life of those preventing Naija from moving forward
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Ranoscky(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^

But it hurts when it happens to someone that is just a relative to who never wants the country to move forward.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Carlosein(m): 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
Nemesis
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by adconline(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
The politicians include in their will " I dont want to die in Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by akossyy: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
may there souls rest in peace
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by SABalogun: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by jamesugo: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
May her soul rest in peace.
But if IBB dont surrender (quit) for this election, more death will emerge
to his relatives and his family at larg
IBB.Wicked old politician
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by hakanai(m): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
afam4eva:

That's the downside of marrying a Northern Muslim. You have to convert to Islam and people will not even know where you're really from.

Not so true.I know some of my relatives that are interfaith and everyone retains his faith.lies you speak i believe.Its not all and for the fairness of the issue i also know of a similar treatment in the reverse with xtians.
What xtians who even do bad things to there spouse or relatives in the name of deliverance.like this Igbo man and his Igbo wife whom he killed because he believed she was possessed.Tied and tortured her to death.He left the house and allowed her Rot in the room until family members on a visit found her.Both were xtians.He believes she religiously deserve the treatment he gave her.What he obviously was thought to do,cast em out undecided
Moreover i believe if people know about there beliefs they would understand there is no compulsion but you are free to spread the word.many atimes people in other to feel among or winning become desperate and resort to treats and othe.I think that is bad

freecocoa:

@haka-nai,please what should allah forgive her parents for?i guess u mean for being christians,well i hope someday you'll see the light.haka nai ko,ba haka nai ba ni.may her soul RIP o jare.
undecided
Wrong and no thanks to your thinking like a typical xtian fanatic towards a Muslim angry. As Muslims we are required to pray for our parents while they are alive and after they are gone.One of such prayer request is for Allah to forgive them when they sin and have mercy upon them shocked.As Muslims when you loose someone especially a parent.You are reminded to keep praying for Allah to forgive and reward them with mercy.As such deeds reaches them where they maybe and they are told this person still remembers you in prayers.what else can a the dead ask in prayers than to have God forgiveness and mercy.
My Prayer is for her as a mother and the parents we all have.
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by fstranger: 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
@haka nai

I like your courage. Give it to these suckers HARD! You are the bomb
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Shoolar(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2010
Sorry for the loss may her soul rest in PEACE!
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by chyz(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
It's so sad when you can change your name to such a useless arab name, igbo names are beautiful. It is also so sad that the only time a muslim can come on here and bless the dead is when one of there own dies.So bias.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
Why was she taken to Egypt. Foreign medical trips has to be banned to improve our health system
Re: Maryam Babangida's Mum Dies In Cairo by asamuel: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
when will her son-in-law follow her to the grave ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

(1) (2) (Reply)

Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation / The South Failed Jonathan / Photos: See What This Woman Did To Herself Just To Get Bigger Butt. Viewer Discr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.