Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River (33616 Views)

Bayelsa Election: APC Reacts To The Disqualification Of Degi Biobarakuma / Bayelsa Election: APC Branded Salts Go Viral As Part Of Campaign Gifts / Factors That Will Sway Pdp’s Choices In Kogi, Bayelsa Election - Newtelegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Alimani: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
A boat conveying journalists across flooded parts of Sampou community on Nun River in Kolokuma Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa capsized and threw the four occupants into the water.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the boat was carrying four journalists covering the governorship elections.

The journalists were returning from the polling station when the incident happened and left the victims submerged but the timely intervention of sympathisers rescued the journalists whose mobile phones, cameras and recorders were drenched.

A stretch of about 200 metres along the road, leading to polling unit 4, Ward 6, where the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Sen. Douye Diri voted was flooded, compelling the journalists to resort to local canoes to cross.

The flood had delayed the setup of polling stations across the flooded community to about 10.16 a.m, two hours behind schedule.

The flood submerged many parts of Amasoma, Yenagoa and parts of Sagbama, a development that displaced polling stations.

Diri who voted at about 10.35 a.m. observed that the elections were peaceful in his area but regretted that he got reports of electoral fraud, violence in Nembe, Opolo and Enewari and other parts of the state.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/16/bayelsa-election-boat-carrying-journalists-capsizes/amp/

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Alimani: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by xynerise: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
Where is the original boat?

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by LabDNA: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
That was scary, thank God they are alive.

25 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Chongaiman: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
Could that be the Call of the River Nun?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by englishmart(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
All these while boats didn't capsize. Just on election day, one capsized with some valuable Nigerians, more valuable than the selfish candidates.
Father, destroy this country let's all start afresh nitori Olorun (SAW)

13 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Four4Clien(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
i can only imagine how scared they would have been. good thing they're alive

Get your responsive professional website for 14k only, whatsapp - 07063~084~171

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by lmm4real: 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hummmm
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Sweeetheart(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
na wa o

professional Hazard

my fear for water is non negotiable, I can't take a tour close to water not to talk of travelling on it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by farouk2much(m): 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Naija is truly zombie
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Gyarah: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Jehovah show mercy.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by obembet(f): 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019

The journalists were returning from the polling station when the incident happened and left the victims submerged but the timely intervention of sympathisers rescued the journalists whose mobile phones, cameras and recorders were drenched.

A stretch of about 200 metres along the road, leading to polling unit 4, Ward 6, where the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Sen. Douye Diri voted was flooded, compelling the journalists to resort to local canoes to cross.

PDP family, Dickson over to u o
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by tommykiwi(m): 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
God have mercy! Hope they were all rescued?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Gabbriell: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ahh, thank God they survive
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Pidginwhisper: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
cheesy
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
I still dey reason how people go travel by water... I cannot can .. make mami wata no go dey eye me

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Enemyofpeace: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Buhari no just want the election to hold
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by ForeThinker: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Poor planning
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Generalyemi(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
nigeria nigeria.. another name for hell fire
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by omohbell: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thank God no life was lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Polytricks: 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thank God for the saved lives.

They can buy new everything else but not new lives.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by solmusdesigns: 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Na wa
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by sammyj: 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
tongue
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by bizhop01: 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
Water too sweet for cup
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
River Nun... All my days sitting at the back row during geography classes just came flooding back.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by dynicks(m): 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Now I believe witches ND wizards really participated in this election!!

Y do I have the feelings that Yaya bello had a hand in this mishap considering the fact that he was the one them flying night crawlers choose to be the winner..

Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by opico24: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
thank God dey are alive

need job HND in accounting graduate of NIM 09068219678 stay in Ibadan and osun
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by 24kmagic: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
kiss
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by YurFatHer: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nairaland is becoming interesting nowadays. one news at a time, not bulky news. kudos lalasticlala
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
doctorkush:
I still dey reason how people go travel by water... I cannot can .. make mami wata no go dey eye me

Doc, why? Don't tell me you still believe 'mami wata' is 'a thing'.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River by paradigmshift(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sweeetheart:
na wa o

professional Hazard

my fear for water is non negotiable, I can't take a tour close to water not to talk of travelling on it

Same here o

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics / Fayose: I Will Be At EFCC Today With My Bedclothes, Pillowcase / Military Rejects Call To Take Over Power, Declares Loyalty To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.