Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location (1306 Views)

Does Isp In Nigeria Record This? / How Do I Know My Domain Has Been Barned Help!!!! / Spectranet 4g Lte Bags Ntita Award As The Best Isp In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
For eg can mtn see where i I'm exactly?
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Shaprara: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
Yes

Kuman2:
For eg can mtn see where i I'm exactly?
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
How educate me with good reason
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
Shaprara:
Yes

Give ur reasons and how
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by WuzzyTech: 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
How you think say dem catch Evans? Olakpa go catch you like easter fowl
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Lol.... las las EFCC go stil catch you cheesy
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Melodycomng:
Lol.... las las EFCC go stil catch you cheesy
Catch ur papa efcc sabi operate computer sef
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
Catch me 4 wat I'm just asking question s
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Shaprara: 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
Well as I understand it.

Your network chip is connected to the nearest network mast everywhere you go to, making it possible for your ISP to pinpoint your exact location. While it does not reveal where you are exactly like your house persay. It can reveal the state, city or street. Also I think since you can be tracked by the IP address attached to any of your email messages, then you ISP should be able to as well. Just my thought tho.

Kuman2:

Give ur reasons and how

1 Like

Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Sanchez01: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kuman2:
Not exactly, they can't. However they can tell your locality based on the base station where your phone number last function.

At best, your address can be extracted from the KYC form you filled when registering the number.

Should your phone activities (texts, calls, etc) take place mostly around a base station where your designated address is, it can be inferred that the area, particularly address is your genuine address.
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Not exactly, they can't. However they can tell your locality based on the base station where your phone number last function.

At best, your address can be extracted from the KYC form you filled when registering the number.

Should your phone activities (texts, calls, etc) take place mostly around a base station where your designated address is, it can be inferred that the area, particularly address is your genuine address.

Thanks for answering reasonably
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

I'm trying to get info for a project u seam to be knowledgeable do you know if Nigerian isp saves or has a record of every phone numbers that uses a particular IP address?
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Sanchez01: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kuman2:

I'm trying to get info for a project u seam to be knowledgeable do you know if Nigerian isp saves or has a record of every phone numbers that uses a particular IP address?
Yeah, they do. There are two IP types with telcos; private and public, similarly to what applies with the APN.

Regular or general subscribers are mapped to a public IP address, depending on how the ISP allows the IP to be dynamic (changes) almost every time a connection is initiated or static (hardly changes).

Regardless of whatever IP type is assigned by an ISP, there is a record of phone numbers that can be pooled when it is required.

For private users or subscribers who for security reasons opt for private APN or IPs, they equally have a list of all connection logs, including start and end time, though not collated as that of a public subscribers. This is mostly used for billing purposes and private customers are privy to a section of this information.
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Kuman2: 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Yeah, they do. There are two IP types with telcos; private and public, similarly to what applies with the APN.

Regular or general subscribers are mapped to a public IP address, depending on how the ISP allows the IP to be dynamic (changes) almost every time a connection is initiated or static (hardly changes).

Regardless of whatever IP type is assigned by an ISP, there is a record of phone numbers that can be pooled when it is required.

For private users or subscribers who for security reasons opt for private APN or IPs, they equally have a list of all connection logs, including start and end time, though not collated as that of a public subscribers. This is mostly used for billing purposes and private customers are privy to a section of this information.
Thanks so literally they can pull out a number that used a particular ip address on a particular time? For eg 09000000000 used 123.456.454.44 at 11:42 am Saturday. Im i right ?
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Sanchez01: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kuman2:

Thanks so literally they can pull out a number that used a particular ip address on a particular time? For eg 09000000000 used 123.456.454.44 at 11:42 am Saturday. Im i right ?
Exactly.
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2019
Kuman2:

Catch ur papa efcc sabi operate computer sef

1 Like

Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by fastseo: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2019
Kuman2:

Not only your location but all sites you browse, the kind of phone u using, imei, calls and sms you make all this are filed with them.

Even if I snap a pix and off my GPS my phone still write the location e.g streat name, local government, and state..

I lost my phone last month ending, had to report to the police with the pack. The thief was traced to his house, arrested the girlfriend,collected my phone.
That was when the police told me that nothing we do with our phone is hidden
Was surprised up to this day.
Re: Can Isp In Nigeria See Or Know My Physical location by fastseo: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2019
Kuman2:

If you lost your phone now and a criminal insert a sim, your imei will report back about the new sim. Even if you forgot your imei,your old sim do files all imei that it has been inserted to.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Drive Traffic To Your Website /blog ? / Free Domain Registration And Hosting / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.