Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria (7062 Views)

Tinubu Is Modest, He Lived In 3-bedroom Abuja Apartment Before Election - Bagudu / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by ludd2018: 3:18am On Nov 17, 2019
Ezewuzie01:
I have said it many times. Nigeria's problem is not leadership but followership. It is out of the abundance of the heart, that the mouth speaks. It is from amongst the multitude that a leader is chosen. If the multitude are mostly bad or corrupt, chances are that bad or corrupt leaders will always emerge. When Buhari told Nigerians that change begins with us, some ignoramuses were mocking the statement. Look at our power sector in the hand of Nigerians even after privatization.

I did not agree. Nigerians can't change when govt is still corrupt and continues to do wrong things with out strong policies n law to support that change
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 17, 2019
24kmagic:
Nigeria's problem is bigger than what you can imagine. Even if you start talking about 9ja's issues from now till infinity, you won't finish talking about it cos the more you look, the less you see. Nigeria needs to be recolonized. We are so senseless and lawless. The followers are as guilty as the leaders. It's a 50/50 thing. Almost all Nigerians are unpatriotic. The only reason why you and I have not abused public office is because we are not there yet. In fact, people expect you to loot.

It's not like we're too tolerant of our rulers, but our hands are tied.
Going out to protest in Nigeria is like playing a huge gambling with your life. It's 50/50. I always advice people to say their last prayers before going to protest.

Police, army, DSS, and every other gun carrying agency will come there and shoot sporadically. If it gets you, that's the end for you.

All what will follow is "RIP"

I always say that I will not be the one to die before Nigeria becomes a better country. (It's not as if it'll change anyway) So let's continue with the status quo.

Did you see what happened during the Kogi elections today? The governor knew he performed badly, but he just won't give up that sit, even if it means having many voters killed. Tell me, would you like to be the victim of their quest for power?

There's serious problem in this country and this will be a joke compared to what will happen in say 10, 15 years time.

Just run out from this country while you can

Nnamdi Kanu was right, nigeria is truly a zoo.
If I agree with your statement that we are all like that, then there ceases to be a problem, I'm not like DAT and would nva accept the collective projection that all Nigerians are corrupt cos I know I'm not like dat
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by content208: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2019
Ezewuzie01:
I have said it many times. Nigeria's problem is not leadership but followership. It is out of the abundance of the heart, that the mouth speaks. It is from amongst the multitude that a leader is chosen. If the multitude are mostly bad or corrupt, chances are that bad or corrupt leaders will always emerge. When Buhari told Nigerians that change begins with us, some ignoramuses were mocking the statement. Look at our power sector in the hand of Nigerians even after privatization.

Change begins with the leader.

If it begins with the follower, then what's the point in electing a leader?

Are you saying buhari was elected to come and tell us that change begins with us? Whereas he called himself the Change when he was campaigning. That's outright deception.
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:55am On Nov 17, 2019
Rosskiki:

Err... no it's not. If he's gonna criticise Nigeria, we need to look at where he is coming from, which is Israel, a country that has MAJORITY of the world's nations at the UN voting against its oppression of the Palestinians whose lands they seized and still occupy.

Errr....no. Your country does not have to be a paradise beyond reproach to talk about another country. I talk about the failings of many places in Nigeria, yet my own state is not heaven. To say I shouldn't talk about terrorism and banditry and kidnapping and massive IDP camps etc elsewhere just because my own state is not paradise would be silly. It's a churlish, childish way to avoid the substance of the issue.
It also makes no sense in this case because an Israeli is critiquing the state of poor development in the country with an emphasis on the socio-economic state. In this context, talking about Israel's conflict with Palestinians is irrelevant. If Israel were a poor, wretched country, your criticism might have a modicum of sense, but it has no relevance to what is being discussed here.

By stealing and robbing others of their land? I know in your soulless brain, the end justifies the means. So what if millions of women and children are slaughtered and robbed? Hey we build great computers. The ''envy of the world''. The world will not descend to your depravity and barbarism.

"Stealing land" has nothing to do with prosperity. Stop being stewpid. Land is just land, until you add value to it. And Israel's land is not particularly endowed. They added value to their land with their ingenuity and industry. They are the envy of the world. Your own deep-seethed envy is showing with the trash you're typing here. grin
And no, they're not slaughtering millions of anybody. They fought a number of conflicts for their survival against hostile Arab neighbors and won all of them. Winners set the terms of surrender and reconciliation. Losers abide by it. I have compassion for the plight of Palestinians but they're dreaming if they think they'll ever get favorable terms of independent statehood, or if they think they'll ever get all of the West Bank and East Jerusalem as their property.

They get billions of dollars in US aid and technology transfer each year, plus (politically driven) easy access to western markets for their finished products (something denied African countries via sky-high tariffs etc). What are you talking about? Stop pretending like they were just stuck out there in the desert, and then brilliance and inspiration just came to them, and they built a ''first world nation'' out of nothing but sand. Save that fairytale BOLLOCKS for your fellow racist simpletons and airhead goons.

Israel gets $3.8 billion a year in aid from the US for its defense industry. That's big money, but barely 1% of its nearly $400 billion GDP. They collaborate with the US in technology. It's not charity "technology transfer". Israel contributes more than any other nation to the US tech sector. They have no "easy access" to Western markets. They are competitive in high-tech, high-value products which other markets desire. African countries aren't denied anything. We just don't have anything of value to sell beyond base commodities low on the value chain. Huge American corporations buy Israeli tech start-ups for billions of dollars because it's good business they intend to profit from, not because of philanthropy.
And yes, they built a first world nation out of nothing but sand. Your jealousy doesn't change facts. Israeli Jews are on a different planet in productivity and enterprise and innovation from the whole African continent combined. You could pick out more geniuses from 1 million Jews than 1 billion Africans. Deal with it. smiley

Israel has only 8 million people. Since the 1940s, they've received countless billions of dollars each year, from the US. They can literally be ''anything they wanna be'', with little stress.

Highly delusional claptrap. Those "only 8 million people" have produced 9 Nobel prize winners (I didn't include Peace prize winners). The whole African continent (1.2 billion people )has produced just 2 indigenous African laureates: Ahmed Zewail (for Chemistry) and Soyinka. If you gave Nigeria $3.8 billion in aid a year, it would just enrich the pockets of kleptocrats who'd build estates in London, Dubai, Zurich, The Bahamas etc. Waste, incompetence and corruption is in our blood. Money given to Israel is an investment. America's defense industry has reaped massively from Israel's inventions and modifications of American tech. Money given to Nigeria is money thrown into the garbage.

Culturally, ethnically, and religiously homogeneous, with no real internal conflicts, they do not face the challenges of a multicultural, multilingual, multi-ethnic, multi-religious 200 million strong behemoth like Nigeria established by Europeans at the ignoble Berlin conference of 1884. A country designed solely for the evacuation of resources to Europe. Can't blame us too much for needing some time to sort out the mess.. Blame your greedy forbears, white boy.

Plenty of small African countries are unproductive shiitholes. Nigeria's problems have little to do with a lack of homogeneity. Jews arrived Israel from far-flung corners of the globe with ethnic tensions between Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews. An Igbo and Yoruba man probably had a lot more in common than a Soviet and Moroccan Jew settling in Israel would have had. They had to revive Hebrew, a nearly extinct language to find a means of communication. You can keep blaming "greedy" white men for all your problems. Fact is they've created successful countries in Europe and prospered even when they left Europe for the Americas, Australia and New Zealand, South Africa etc. Keep wallowing in the past in your deep, jealous resentment and don't move on, ehn? Continue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Mujtahida: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Rosskiki:
His own country, Israel, was established in 1948 by war - killing, robbing and displacing millions of Palestinians of their land.

Till today they oppress the Palestinians, deny them basic rights, build thousands of houses on their land, and suppress all dissent, while colluding with the US govt to maintain this oppression, and ignoring countless UN resolutions aimed at protecting the Palestinians and/or granting them their own state.

His own country is founded on, and sustained by, the oppression of the weak.

He needs to pull the speck from his own eye before pointing out the speck in another's.
The point is this: is he telling the truth or not?

1 Like

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Mujtahida:

The point is this: is he telling the truth or not?

Don't expect the truth from one of Buhari's cows on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Mujtahida: 10:18am On Nov 17, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Errr....no. Your country does not have to be a paradise beyond reproach to talk about another country. I talk about the failings of many places in Nigeria, yet my own state is not heaven. To say I shouldn't talk about terrorism and banditry and kidnapping and massive IDP camps etc elsewhere just because my own state is not paradise would be silly. It's a churlish, childish way to avoid the substance of the issue.
It also makes no sense in this case because an Israeli is critiquing the state of poor development in the country with an emphasis on the socio-economic state. In this context, talking about Israel's conflict with Palestinians is irrelevant. If Israel were a poor, wretched country, your criticism might have a modicum of sense, but it has no relevance to what is being discussed here.

"Stealing land" has nothing to do with prosperity. Stop being stewpid. Land is just land, until you add value to it. And Israel's land is not particularly endowed. They added value to their land with their ingenuity and industry. They are the envy of the world. Your own deep-seethed envy is showing with the trash you're typing here. grin
And no, they're not slaughtering millions of anybody. They fought a number of conflicts for their survival against hostile Arab neighbors and won all of them. Winners set the terms of surrender and reconciliation. Losers abide by it. I have compassion for the plight of Palestinians but they're dreaming if they think they'll ever get favorable terms of independent statehood, or if they think they'll ever get all of the West Bank and East Jerusalem as their property.

Israel gets $3.8 billion a year in aid from the US for its defense industry. That's big money, but barely 1% of its nearly $400 billion GDP. They collaborate with the US in technology. It's not charity "technology transfer". Israel contributes more than any other nation to the US tech sector. They have no "easy access" to Western markets. They are competitive in high-tech, high-value products which other markets desire. African countries aren't denied anything. We just don't have anything of value to sell beyond base commodities low on the value chain. Huge American corporations buy Israeli tech start-ups for billions of dollars because it's good business they intend to profit from, not because of philanthropy.
And yes, they built a first world nation out of nothing but sand. Your jealousy doesn't change facts. Israeli Jews are on a different planet in productivity and enterprise and innovation from the whole African continent combined. You could pick out more geniuses from 1 million Jews than 1 billion Africans. Deal with it. smiley

Highly delusional claptrap. Those "only 8 million people" have produced 9 Nobel prize winners (I didn't include Peace prize winners). The whole African continent (1.2 billion people )has produced just 2 indigenous African laureates: Ahmed Zewail (for Chemistry) and Soyinka. If you gave Nigeria $3.8 billion in aid a year, it would just enrich the pockets of kleptocrats who'd build estates in London, Dubai, Zurich, The Bahamas etc. Waste, incompetence and corruption is in our blood. Money given to Israel is an investment. America's defense industry has reaped massively from Israel's inventions and modifications of American tech. Money given to Nigeria is money thrown into the garbage.

Plenty of small African countries are unproductive shiitholes. Nigeria's problems have little to do with a lack of homogeneity. Jews arrived Israel from far-flung corners of the globe with ethnic tensions between Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews. An Igbo and Yoruba man probably had a lot more in common than a Soviet and Moroccan Jew settling in Israel would have had. They had to revive Hebrew, a nearly extinct language to find a means of communication. You can keep blaming "greedy" white men for all your problems. Fact is they've created successful countries in Europe and prospered even when they left Europe for the Americas, Australia and New Zealand, South Africa etc. Keep wallowing in the past in your deep, jealous resentment and don't move on, ehn? Continue.
Thank for your rich in - depth analysis. His riposte attacking Israel is baffling and shameful. It's the same thinking which has kept us down as a people. He is basically projecting the ethnic/tribal protectionism that Nigerians have become used to in dealing with social malaise.

They look at the tribe of the guilty person, once he's from their tribe, it doesn't matter what he's done, they'd either defend him by saying he is guiltless or they'd point to the malfeasance of some other tribe and say since that other tribe has done worst, there's no justification in condemning their own guilty brother.

Truth doesn't matter, justice has no place, merit is thrown to the bin, fairness is derided. We will NEVER make progress unless we do away with the lies we have so much entrenched in our national life.

3 Likes

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Mujtahida: 10:18am On Nov 17, 2019
gensteejay:

Na real cow
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Mujtahida: 10:20am On Nov 17, 2019
gensteejay:

It's killing my brother to find someone think like this. He left the truth of what the man said and attacked the man himself.

1 Like

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2019
Mujtahida:

Thank for your richly in depth analysis. His riposte attacking Israel is baffling and shameful. It's the same thinking which has kept us down as a people. He is basically projecting the ethnic/tribal protectionism that Nigerians have become used in dealing with social malaise.

They look at the tribe of the guilty person, once he's from their tribe, it doesn't matter what he's done, they'd either defend him by saying he is guiltless or they'd point to the malfeasance of some other tribe and say since that other tribe has done worst, there's no justification in condemning their own guilty brother.

Truth doesn't matter, justice has no place, merit is thrown to the bin, fairness is derided. We will NEVER make progress unless we do away with the lies we have so much entrenched in our national life.

It's more that he's an Afrocentrist weirdo, obsessed with white people and ascribing superhuman powers to them in which they are responsible for all the problems of black people anywhere in the world. It's ironic he talks about the inferiority complex of other black people but in crafting his silly conspiracy theories about the sinister plot of white people to keep black people down, he ascribes superhuman, omnipotent power to white people and portrays black people as hapless puppets beholden to the dictates of their white masters with no agency in directing their own future: which pretty much makes him a white supremacist. grin

It's the nonsense we see from him here all the time. If you ever listen to British politics, British people often talk about their country as if it is Somalia. It's the agenda-driven nature of Western politics which always aspires to be better. Yet, someone who comes from Nigeria, one of the most wretched shiitholes on earth, always gets all triggered and indignant at the slightest criticism. Funny guy. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Rosskiki: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Errr....no. Your country does not have to be a paradise beyond reproach to talk about another country.

Err...no one is asking Israel to be a ''paradise beyond reproach''. Just to return the lands they stole and robbed MILLIONS of innocent people of, and to apologise to God and man for the millions they have slaughtered in the region either directly or through their subordinates in the region.

You do NOT get to get way with mass murder, ethnic cleansing and theft by stating ''hey, we got rid of the original population here, killed and locked them in ghettoes where we deny them basic rights, and built a paradise for ourselves on their land! So it's all good!'' Sure, in your satanic mind that's ok, but not according to God and Man, Mr Obi Wan.ker-nobi white boy pretending to be Nigerian.

I talk about the failings of many places in Nigeria, yet my own state is not heaven.

Shut up. You're not a Nigerian. Liar. You're not an African. You are a white racist who infested this forum long ago and is here to demean Africans.

"Stealing land" has nothing to do with prosperity. Stop being stewpid. Land is just land, until you add value to it.

Really? So why didn't the Israelis just go and acquire some virgin territory in the desert? Why did they have to go and seize/rob millions of Palestinians of their ancestral land? A crime that persists till today? You are a demonic liar, but your lies will deceive nobody here.
Israel has huge reserves of natural gas directly off their coast, that has powered their economy for decades. They got that because they stole valuable land belonging to the Palestinians.

And Israel's land is not particularly endowed. They added value to their land with their ingenuity and industry.

It is NOT ''their land''. See, you are a shameless thief and vandal yourself, so you see nothing wrong in claiming the property of others as yours. Just as you stole a Nigerian's identity and claimed it as yours even though you are a white boy neo nazi skinhead racist sent here to insult Africans.

And yes, they built a first world nation out of nothing but sand.

LIAR.

Your jealousy doesn't change facts. Israeli Jews are on a different planet in productivity and enterprise and innovation from the whole African continent combined. You could pick out more geniuses from 1 million Jews than 1 billion Africans. Deal with it.

RETURN THE STOLEN PALESTINIAN LANDS. YOU ARE NOT A ''GENIUS'' OR ''INTELLIGENT'' IF YOU ROB AND STEAL AND KILL FROM YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS, THEN CONFINE YOUR VICTIMS TO GHETTOES WHILE YOU FEAST ON THEIR PROPERTY. YOUR FELLOW CORRUPT HUMANS MAY GIVE YOU A 'NOBEL PRIZE' FOR THAT AND CALL YOU '''GENIUSES', BUT GOD THE CREATOR WILL DESTROY YOU FOR THAT..... JUST WAIT AND SEE....
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by yaki84: 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
Rosskiki:

Israel has just 8 million mouths to feed while Nigeria has 200 million. Israel can easily feed and house 8 million folks with their billions of dollars in US aid per year, and use the rest for technology or whatever. Nigeria has no such luxury.

And this ''poverty capital'' nonsense is also highly misleading and a needless smear, as it conveniently omits the fact that Nigeria has the 2nd largest middle class in Africa after Egypt, making it a major hub of wealth generation on the continent.

https://qz.com/africa/1486764/how-big-is-africas-middle-class/
Did nigeria inherit these 200million people from somewhere?
U cant win this battle u r starting.
This argument cant be won by u, isrealis have 8million cos they know abt birth control n population explosion its effect on an arid land, do northerners occupying that arid land in nigeria know this?
Isreal was a blessed nation right from the bible.
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Rosskiki:

Err...no one is asking Israel to be a ''paradise beyond reproach''. Just to return the lands they stole and robbed MILLIONS of innocent people of, and to apologise to God and man for the millions they have slaughtered in the region either directly or through their subordinates in the region.

1) Once again, their stealing lands or not is irrelevant to why Nigeria is a backward shithole and Israel is a prosperous country. "Israel stole land" is not an answer to why Nigeria is one of the most miserable countries in the world.
2) I'm sure many Jews would have been happy to stay in Europe until they were massacred to near-extinction and had to flee, and many of them would have been happy to keep prospering all over the Middle East and North Africa, but their jealous hosts would never let them have peace. So they returned to their ancestral land and thrived. Palestinians could easily have coexisted with Jews, but they chose war over peace and Israel were too hot to handle. Now Israel has crushed them totally and can do whatever the want. That's how life works. There is no place for weak losers who can't accept defeat.

You do NOT get to get way with mass murder, ethnic cleansing and theft by stating ''hey, we got rid of the original population here, killed and locked them in ghettoes where we deny them basic rights, and built a paradise for ourselves on their land! So it's all good!'' Sure, in your satanic mind that's ok, but not according to God and Man, Mr Obi Wan.ker-nobi white boy pretending to be Nigerian.

Shut up. You're not a Nigerian. Liar. You're not an African. You are a white racist who infested this forum long ago and is here to demean Africans.

Really? So why didn't the Israelis just go and acquire some virgin territory in the desert? Why did they have to go and seize/rob millions of Palestinians of their ancestral land? A crime that persists till today? You are a demonic liar, but your lies will deceive nobody here.
Israel has huge reserves of natural gas directly off their coast, that has powered their economy for decades. They got that because they stole valuable land belonging to the Palestinians.

It is NOT ''their land''. See, you are a shameless thief and vandal yourself, so you see nothing wrong in claiming the property of others as yours. Just as you stole a Nigerian's identity and claimed it as yours even though you are a white boy neo nazi skinhead racist sent here to insult Africans.

LIAR.

RETURN THE STOLEN PALESTINIAN LANDS. YOU ARE NOT A ''GENIUS'' OR ''INTELLIGENT'' IF YOU ROB AND STEAL AND KILL FROM YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS, THEN CONFINE YOUR VICTIMS TO GHETTOES WHILE YOU FEAST ON THEIR PROPERTY. YOUR FELLOW CORRUPT HUMANS MAY GIVE YOU A 'NOBEL PRIZE' FOR THAT AND CALL YOU '''GENIUSES', BUT GOD THE CREATOR WILL DESTROY YOU FOR THAT..... JUST WAIT AND SEE....

Palestinian's "ancestral land"? grin As far as archaeological records and anthropological and historical studies show, it is the ancestral land of Jews and their ancestors. They were the ones driven from the land by repeated invasions from Europe and their neighbors in the Levant. Since the Palestinians refused to compromise and share the land with Israelis, then they'll have to feed off whatever crumbs they get from Israel. The Jews were weak, but they learnt to fight back and now they're strong. The day Palestinians get it through their thick skulls that Israel is here to stay and they should focus more on themselves and the future of their children than their pathological obsession with Jews, then they'll move forward. It doesn't mean Israel aren't bad actors themselves, but they have to be because Palestinians are worse actors and if you reversed the power dynamic between both parties, Palestinians would have wiped Jews off the map.

There is nothing "valuable" about Israeli land other than its spiritual/historical significance to people of the Abrahamic faiths. It's one of the most barren lands in the world in terms of natural resources, and very tiny too. It reminds me of a quote in a film about the war over Jerusalem when the Saladin was asked "what is Jerusalem worth?", and he initially responded "nothing". Then thought again and said "everything". By far Israel's greatest endowment is the Jewish people and their resourcefulness.

But again, what is the relevance of this claptrap to the accurate observation of an Israeli about why Nigeria is a wretched shithole?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by yellowman2225(m): 8:34am On Nov 18, 2019
Rosskiki:
His own country, Israel, was established in 1948 by war - killing, robbing and displacing millions of Palestinians of their land.

Till today they oppress the Palestinians, deny them basic rights, build thousands of houses on their land, and suppress all dissent, while colluding with the US govt to maintain this oppression, and ignoring countless UN resolutions aimed at protecting the Palestinians and/or granting them their own state.

His own country is founded on, and sustained by, the oppression of the weak.

He needs to pull the speck from his own eye before pointing out the speck in another's.

Israel was not founded on oppression. Only an Islamist who doesn't understand World politics will say that.

its either you are myopic or you intentionally decide to spite Israel. Israel has never rulled against the Palestinian state but it was the Palestinian that didn't want a two state solution that will allow Israel to exist.

All they want is a Palestinian state and non existence of Israeli state. Israeli cannot fold their hands and be looking at Hezbollah and it's Palestinian allies bombing them without retaliation.

Do you know that Egyptian lands taken / won by Israeli has been returned to Egypt by Israeli? This is because Egypt decided to let go and never an enemy of Israel. Allowing Israeli right as a sovereign Government. But Palestinian are still bent on the disappearance of Israel who were the Original owners of the land.

A waste desert turned to Greenland, the biggest tech hub in the World, the best brains, all can be found in Israel. Can you say same for Palestinian? No. All they want is destruction of the Jews as stated by the Prophet because of his slave girl that poisoned him.

Same with India and the Muslim Pakistani side. India has been developing technologically while Pakistani has been developing Warrically if there's anything like that.

Same with Sudan and South Sudan. South has oil with lesser Muslim but the North wouldn't let them live their lives without a serious war of secession.

Look at Nigeria, the predominantly Muslim North is dragging our development index yet, they are not ready to let go of the less Islamically motivated South.

The Isralli post on QUORA was right. Our religious dogmatism is killing us and all points to Islam. I might be biased since I'm a Christian but why are these Countries living side by side with Islam having historically similar issues. I think an answer is needed here

2 Likes

Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by NaijaDonCast(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
even the so called IG knows about the nefarious act but will act as if he's not aware, they will only act when its beyond the line, i dont blame them, the so call oga at the top also used to obtain 20naira note from gullible transporters
Abeos:

This is very true. I was on a bike yesterday evening when the bikeman said he had paid up #600 in just a day to bribe different policemen at different checkpoints. My co-passenger simply asked 'For what?', the biker himself couldn't give a definite answer just said that's how they've met it and how will he claim to be different. These were just 2 policemen terrorising bikemen of more than 50 collecting ₦100+ on daily basis for no reason at all. It's until we decide with unity of purpose to go against oppressors we'll continue to be on this level
Re: What An Israeli Who Lived In Plateau State For 5 Years Said About Nigeria by Emedu(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Don't mind him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Supply Fails To Improve 10 Years After Privatization / Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan / 2019: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Set To Decamp To APC (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.