Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Share Your Coming Of Age Stories - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Coming Of Age Stories (25028 Views)

How Can We Find A Missing Young Girl Of Age 16? / Share Your First Picture of The New Year / The Question Of Age Difference In Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Dannonye(f): 2:45am On Nov 18, 2019
The day I started trekking to school alone...I knew i had to start taking responsibility for myself

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by domido(m): 3:03am On Nov 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mine was when I made my then landlord's wife moan for me.
She was 46 and I was only 18.
There and then, I knew I had come of age.

Were you banned?/ I was almost asking for you in all pages entered.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by payman(m): 3:42am On Nov 18, 2019
Tony142:
your elder brother is now "she" abi? Lair
so u didnt see d ''wife'' abi? oversabi

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 18, 2019
A305:
This is one important mark of a grown up. Anybody who does this in my presence, Be it adult, teen or minor earns my respect there and then because, It very unlikely and IMPOSSIBLE for a dummy to tune in and listen to the news.

Fellas, if you bring a girl home and she puts on the TV and willingly tune to the news channel and start listening in, please go see that girl's parents the next weekend for marriage plans.
Not if she's tuning in to CNN or NTA those are ideological jingos and government redifussion sets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by LoydJ(m): 4:07am On Nov 18, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
K gbagbuo gi there
oponu
But na wa for some guys Sha o, instead of him to just say 10ks nd simply move on he don dey ask of ur Pics;dammn! datz so childish nd absurd.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 4:14am On Nov 18, 2019
as in the thing tire me oh
he say e wan know if I fine, na wetin concern fineness for this matter now nairaland and its weirdos sha
LoydJ:

But na wa for some guys Sha o, instead of him to just say 10ks nd simply move on he don dey ask of ur Pics;dammn! datz so childish nd absurd.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by LoydJ(m): 4:21am On Nov 18, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
as in the thing tire me oh
he say e wan know if I fine, na wetin concern fineness for this matter now nairaland and its weirdos sha
very very weird.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by seunfly: 4:24am On Nov 18, 2019
tojahh:
When a girl visited me and we sat under the staircase... My mum sent my younger brother to call me in and ensure I show up with the girl. I was already sweating on my palms till we got there and she said.

Why were you seating there? Are these not sofas? They all left me and my friend there and went to the room.

I was like... Is this really happening? On Sunday I tried her and said, I'll be going to see my friend again today after church. My mom said, nope you'll go after you've changed this Babariga you're wearing. grin you don't want to go there and be looking like a village clown.

I was 16+

Laughing out loud midnight with ur mom's village clown stamement.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by seunfly: 4:36am On Nov 18, 2019
A305:
This is one important mark of a grown up. Anybody who does this in my presence, Be it adult, teen or minor earns my respect there and then because, It very unlikely and IMPOSSIBLE for a dummy to tune in and listen to the news.

Fellas, if you bring a girl home and she puts on the TV and willingly tune to the news channel and start listening in, please go see that girl's parents the next weekend for marriage plans.

Listening to news is not a sign of grown up, infact news to enlighten person is tools of brainwashing. CNN, BBC, NTA, AIT etc are tools of misinformation. They all present some people narrative, agenda and interest.

I used to watch news until I realised that they are mind controlling tools.

The person I take special kin in is the person that tuned TV to educative channels such is history, discovery, cosmic, cognative, national geographic etc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by GreenArrow1(m): 4:54am On Nov 18, 2019
Lamanii22:

Same with my mom oo.... When I had a job she was doing me like an adult... Now that I've stopped working I can't go out in peace again.. She'd be like where am I coming from... Like.. It's frustrating... Now I want a job so bad...

I like your picture.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by ikemesit4477: 4:56am On Nov 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

mumu! grin grin
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by NACE13: 5:09am On Nov 18, 2019
Less than a week after i dropped my pen during the WAEC/NECO exams. Fresh out of high school, i went in search for a job, got a factory job and worked for almost two years before i decided to face school squarely because the little salary was getting into my head. My parents are comfortable but i prefer making my own money in any little way. I started shopping on my own, bought my first phone, even paid the light bill on several occasions. Bought clothes for my little nephews staying with us and Mumsy as well, Dad no offense.

When i got into the University, I decided when to come home or stay back in school to catch small groove and probably hustle small cash. The day they saw me looking at a bet slip and my Mom was shocked when she asked me if i do play "bet9ja". I replied " Yeah, is any thing wrong with that?".
The first day i got laid, pheew! My oh my! cheesy I thought i was gonna be a Dad sooner than I imagined.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by turl(m): 5:27am On Nov 18, 2019
Billy99:
I was 16. Dad just died... The first thing I said was... "Moses abeg help me buy tom tom " my mouth was too bitter, like say my throat no dey again. I was supposed to be fooling around enjoying the teenage life, but I became a man by force. My clothes. Food, shelter till now na me dey provide am. And I'm just 20. Life is so funny.

Na man you be! Stay strong man, life is unfair but you can't afford to let it bring you down with it's uncertainties.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by profsomebody(m): 5:56am On Nov 18, 2019
This got me laughing hard.
Kkings11:

16+? for my house? Na prayer warrior unit you want enter be dat oh. dey go use cane flog that spirit commot for your body
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by achi4u(m): 5:58am On Nov 18, 2019
realstars:
That makes you great.
Mine at 13 I was a great cook, copied from ma grandma,
You know, with that i can survive any where i see myself, many leant from me, boys and girls, same same.
Now this ur post remind me when I went to Nnewi for apprenticeship in motorcycle parts,my Oga who I'm about to serve never marry, from then on I became his wife (cooking everything under the sun), his Nwaboy, his closet brother and his enemy all join togethercheesy
Other Umuboy's are treating me badly because of my age, like a lonely fish in the middle of the sharks,me against the world.
Everything I went through makes me a better, strong and a responsible person today.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by NewDelhi(m): 6:05am On Nov 18, 2019
I've added already but let me add more..

The day I was officially allowed to start keeping late nights out. Happened during my first holiday after gaining admission to the university.. then I knew finally the time is here.

When I started arguing and fighting with conductors over change.. I just finished secondary school and seeking admission into unilag. . It really boost my confidence I was no longer the timid shy kid everyone knows. Me that was even scared to approach ladies starting toasting girls all over the street and even managed to lure one to my house after several whining. I was like damn to be a man is a sweet thing o.

Also the day I had my first sex, I was in final year or so. Tho I don become man tey tey but having my first sex made me feel more like a super man. Tho I felt sex was overhyped Sha but I just had this feeling of yes I've finally joined the league, anytime my guys gather together and start discussing about the department girls dey don tear I used to be very quiet and just be looking like mumu coz I had no story to share but when I had my first ever sex I then had a story to share too. I kept mentioning the girl anytime we had a discussion for several months to the extent that they asked me if na the only babe I don ever Bleep be that abi I no get another sexcapade to share ni lol

And finally when I started taking responsibilities. I was in 300l when I used to send partial money for my younger ones school fees but during nysc, I got a side job and started sending them full school fees and some stipends every month.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Sultan5(m): 6:08am On Nov 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

grin grin grin mad man
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 18, 2019
Lol....I discovered that I have come of age physically when girls started making advances at me...and at times older women..... I used to have the feeling that I'm small in stature till I looked at the mirror after some reflections on life... That I discovered my anatomy has all matured to adulthood..........

Aside from that I have always considered my self wise....me and my age mates have never really been on the same frequency in terms of opinion and I have always been treated like an adult by my parents, teachers ,friends and family members...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Shortyy(f): 6:24am On Nov 18, 2019
akdjr:
Be sincere is it accident free? How much?quote author=Shortyy post=84124233]For sale

Yes it is. US used.

Please can we chat in private sir?
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Shortyy(f): 6:25am On Nov 18, 2019
johnchins:

How much?

Pls let's chat in private sir.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Shortyy(f): 6:26am On Nov 18, 2019
MrOdyssey:

Whats the cost?

Good morning sir, please let's chat in private.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Farmerguy: 6:55am On Nov 18, 2019
My girlfriend got pregnant, she was fraid alot.. She asked if we should kill it.. It was just after we had both completed our national diplomas.. From the first moment she told me, i stood my ground and wouldn't give in to killing the foetus even though i was broke and still couldn't find a job.. I couldn't tell my parents for 5 months.. I was seeing the baby develop i was happy for that but i didn't know how i could tell my parents. But eventually i told my mum one morning and she wouldn't believe it..

Now I'm 27, i have 2 amazing Daughters and they came in the same month

Natasha May 24th
Love May 31st

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by cenaman(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2019
domido:

Were you banned?/ I was almost asking for you in all pages entered.
He deserved to be banned every day because that moniker never for once post a reasonable something on these forum.
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Amarisa(f): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2019
Aboguede:
The day my broda in law whom I live with told me to go away from his house and hustle for my life

I was about 18

Then instead of going to stay with my other relations I simply went to work in the car wash and had to sleep in an uncompleted building for 1 yr and saved enough to travel out after that one yr

Your BIL loves you..hope you relate with him well
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Liposure: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2019
Back den,There is dis lady i was fantasizing about.she was around 30, i was 20.i decided to toast her.oneday she sent 4 me.when i got 2 her house.she told me to come in.we chatted about some issues including about our sex lives b4 finally having sex.best day of life. We still keep in touch
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2019
fucking stories
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by realstars: 8:06am On Nov 18, 2019
achi4u:
Now this ur post remind me when I went to Nnewi for apprenticeship in motorcycle parts,my Oga who I'm about to serve never marry, from then on I became his wife (cooking everything under the sun), his Nwaboy, his closet brother and his enemy all join togethercheesy
Other Umuboy's are treating me badly because of my age, like a lonely fish in the middle of the sharks,me against the world.
Everything I went through makes me a better, strong and a responsible person today.
Every good boys deserve favor all ways... And nothing is better than good.
A lesson from mum. Keep on

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Youngzedd(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2019
Mariangeles:

A house ? shocked

But....but but...but howwww ? undecided

G

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by BRATISLAVA: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2019
seunfly:

Listening to news is not a sign of grown up, infact news to enlighten person is tools of brainwashing. CNN, BBC, NTA, AIT etc are tools of misinformation. They all present some people narrative, agenda and interest.

I used to watch news until I realised that they are mind controlling tools.

The person I take special kin in is the person that tuned TV to educative channels such is history, discovery, cosmic, cognative, national geographic etc.
thank you. Esp d 1s like all Jazeera. You'll notice CNN has a narrative dey wn 2 impose on viewrs

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2019
D day I used my street credibility to chase off,some rich dude’s from Dads land.

Imagine popsy don spend with no positive results,killers come see G.Start to hail oh,dem turn around and walk off....

while baba Olowo was looking grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by KingAzubuike(f): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2019
Farmerguy:
My girlfriend got pregnant, she was fraid alot.. She asked if we should kill it.. It was just after we had both completed our national diplomas.. From the first moment she told me, i stood my ground and wouldn't give in to killing the foetus even though i was broke and still couldn't find a job.. I couldn't tell my parents for 5 months.. I was seeing the baby develop i was happy for that but i didn't know how i could tell my parents. But eventually i told my mum one morning and she wouldn't believe it..

Now I'm 27, i have 2 amazing Daughters and they came in the same month

Natasha May 24th
Love May 31st
Kill it sound brutal. You could have used something like abort etc
Re: Share Your Coming Of Age Stories by Sunnyobums: 8:53am On Nov 18, 2019
pocohantas:
When my mum served me rice and stew in TWO DIFFERENT PLATES- You know this was usually reserved for visitors and the head of the house.

She put more than one meat and proceeded to ask if I will take water or juice. In fact, I can have both grin.

I was like "oboy! Try get work o. Make them stop to ask if all the food you have been eating in THIS HOUSE is manna..."

you mean you were served like this;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / Seriously Contemplating A Divorce / JSS1 Student Found In Mile 2, Lagos Needs Help To Locate His Family. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.