Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll (14527 Views)

Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ / Asari Dokubo Accuses Military, Cabal Of Oil Theft In Nigeria / Why APC Can’t Take Part In Fresh Bayelsa Poll - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by owukpa(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
By Yemi Itodo

The Governor of Bayelsa State, the Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson, has accused the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 6th Division of the Nigerian Army, of compromising security in favour of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Governor said that, even though Gen. Sarham has been transfered to the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, he refused to move and waited behind to supervise the use of the Army to perpetrate heinous electoral crimes and irregularities in the Bayelsa guber polls.

He noted that the GOC and the Brigade Commander of the Artillery Brigade, attached soldiers to all APC leaders in all the wards who they use to terrorize people from one polling unit to another.

The Governor added that the GOC moved to Yenagoa to personally supervise the undemocratic and illegal activities of the Army in the Bayelsa polls, using the Brigade Commander of the Artillery Brigade as the commander of his soldiers in the orgy of violence on Bayelsans.

Major General Sarham was reportedly expected to handover to his successor, Major General Felix Aguguo, on November 5, but was said to have aborted the handing over process till after the Bayelsa governorship poll.

It would be recalled that the State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Moses Cleopas, had alerted the nation of a plot by the APC to use the GOC and the Nigerian Army to undermine security during governorship poll in Bayelsa.

“I am accusing the GOC of of the 6th Brigade, Major General Sharham Jamil of delaying his handing over process after his transfer to the Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna, to perfect this illegal mission of rigging the election in Bayelsa.

“He and the Brigade Commander of Artillery Brigade, Elele, Lt Col Wase, are the ones attaching soldiers to all APC chieftains in every Ward to rig the election in all the polling units.

"I understand that because of the desperation of the Federal Government, the GOC 6th Division, Port Harcourt, Gen. Sarham who is known as the commander of the APC Army rigging wing, refused to move even with his transfer to the NDA as commandant and I wonder what lessons he will be giving to those young cadet officers.

“General Sarham has defied his transfer posting and has stayed back to complete his mission of rigging Bayelsa for APC.

“General Sarham has moved to Yenagoa some days back and he’s there now breathing down on everybody and using soldiers everywhere to terrorize, intimidate and to arrest our people.

"So gentlemen, let me say once again, this election, you should allow the people of Bayelsa to vote, anywhere the people of Bayelsa have the opportunity to vote, they will vote PDP. They will vote for the candidate of our party. APC knows that and that is why the desperation is so high.

“I call on the President of the Federal Republic, even though he has decided to look the other way since 2015 when Timipre Silva, his right hand man was deployed to kill and terrorize our people.

“The President has to wake up and do something; this is not a democracy; what is going on in Bayelsa in the name of an election is not a democracy.

“The observers are everywhere and everyone knows what is going on. I call on the president to call the security forces, the Army to do what is right, I call on the Inspector General of Police to be true to his professional calling and direct the DIG and all police officers to protect the people of Bayelsa State.

“I do not want to be pushed to the level of calling them to defend and protect themselves, I would not want to do that, but please, there is so much a people can take in the hands of their brothers and sisters in the name of an election", Governor Dickson lamented.

https://punchng.com/bayelsa-election-dickson-accuses-security-agencies-of-conniving-with-apc/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Peacecore: 1:51am On Nov 17, 2019
GAME OVER!
My brother it's very late to cry. U caused this to yasef when u were treating d masses as outcasts forgetting that u would one day go for their help.
As my online brothers used to say:u can't rig where u're not populated and that said that APC does not exist in Bayelsa state,it means they didn't rig n democracy is healthy n kicking

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 17, 2019
Lame excuse babas candidate lost . See how south south rejected pdp and voted fulani apc grin grin but some tribes will always put emotion in politics

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Cj4charles(m): 5:00am On Nov 17, 2019
Any which way PDP will win

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by AllenSpencer: 5:00am On Nov 17, 2019
Dickson is wailing too early

grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by iyatrustee(f): 5:01am On Nov 17, 2019
Nigerian politicians are a special breed! Once they begin to talk like this, just know that they have lost the election already cheesy

I expect the APC flagbearer to praise the same Army hierarchy Oga Dick just blamed for their display of professionalism grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by YurFatHer: 5:02am On Nov 17, 2019
I've never heard him commissioned any big project before in bayelsa. maybe that could be one of the reason bayelsans voted him out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by babadem2much(m): 5:03am On Nov 17, 2019
As usual the blame game has started.... From either side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by careytommy37(m): 5:04am On Nov 17, 2019
Pride comes before a fall
EFCC should quickly get to work immediately he hands over

13 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by ussv: 5:06am On Nov 17, 2019
Cj4charles:
Any which way PDP will win
Una neva learn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:06am On Nov 17, 2019
owukpa:
By Yemi Itodo

The Governor said that, even though Gen. Sarham has been transfered to the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, he refused to move and waited behind to supervise the use of the Army to perpetrate heinous electoral crimes and irregularities in the Bayelsa guber polls.

He noted that the GOC and the Brigade Commander of the Artillery Brigade, attached soldiers to all APC leaders in all the wards who they use to terrorize people from one polling unit to another.

https://punchng.com/bayelsa-election-dickson-accuses-security-agencies-of-conniving-with-apc/amp/

What else can Buhari do Using military men trained for war to harass civilians

Ordinary free and fair election in 2 STATES he cannot conduct

Rubber stamped governance undecided

This country is messed up!!!
Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by realstars: 5:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Never tell me that you can't deliver that small state? Abi you de blame army?
Why not blame the natural phinominome that destroyed, part of the show?
Look at you, you where playing Godfather in the eyes of your Godfather. Good bay to the mansion house if you loose. You can Resign in peace (rip) if you like.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by helinues: 5:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Otondo
Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by QuotaSystem: 5:07am On Nov 17, 2019
What a sore loser.

The APC is taking over the SS one city at a time.
With the Party Chairman, Dep. Senate President, and now Governor of an oil rich state from the region, the SS are clearly ripe to take their rightful position in the APC making it a truly national party, and have a good chance to clinch the party's presidential ticket for the next election.

This wouldn't have been possible without Jonathan Our Hero.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by davillian(m): 5:08am On Nov 17, 2019
PDP wet shit
APC dry shit
Different parties sameshit.
There is no difference when you are faced with an option of picking wetshit or dry shit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by lightheart(m): 5:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Lol.

I call on the president to call the security forces, the Army to do what is right, I call on the Inspector General of Police to be true to his professional calling and...

Callertunez grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Tufunky: 5:14am On Nov 17, 2019
Is Dickson the PDP candidate? Why can't the candidate speak for himself?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by femtex007(m): 5:15am On Nov 17, 2019
Dickson is just trying to blame it on the military. He goofed.
Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:15am On Nov 17, 2019
Tufunky:
Is Dickson the PDP candidate? Why can't the candidate speak for himself?
He's is still the CSO of his state!!!

Why should the military be on ground during elections

I think that's the bone of contention

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Alex80s(m): 5:16am On Nov 17, 2019
I am a PDP member, but have 1 question for the Gov. If Màkinde of Oyo, Orton of Benue, Bala of Bauchi etc could win opposition with police and other security agencies presence , why can't PDP win Bayelsa ?Well, the final result is not yet out. Let me not come into conclusion.

All I know is that rigging is not easy especially where a candidate is very popular. If PDP losses this election, it means the Gov. has not done enough to win more supporters for the past 8 years. Or, APC has a more popular candidate.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Femich18(m): 5:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Them don start. Once things don't go in their favour like this na xoxo complain

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Alex80s:
I am a PDP member, but have 1 question for the Gov. If Màkinde of Oyo, Orton of Benue, Bala of Bauchi etc could win opposition with police and other security agencies presence , why can't PDP win Bayelsa ?Well, the final result is not yet out. Let me not come into conclusion.

All I know is that rigging is not easy especially where a candidate is very popular. If PDP losses this election, it means the Gov. has not done enough to win more supporters for the past 8 years. Or, APC has a more popular candidate.
The matter on ground is not the achievements of Dickson but the security of this country shouldn't be used to harass voters!!!

Either in Oyo, Ogun or wherever

They should be in Sambisa where are really needed if truly there's anyone they are fighting and not a make-believe!!!

In an organized country, the Nigerian army will be sanctioned!!!

It's a shame!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by muykem: 5:20am On Nov 17, 2019
Dickson is making me to be angry even at government house here in Onopa, APC won.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Hotfreezer: 5:20am On Nov 17, 2019
It's too early to wail

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Hotfreezer: 5:22am On Nov 17, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

He's is still the CSO of his state!!!

Why should the military be on ground during elections

I think that's the bone of contention

The Military was on ground during the first election which brought him in as well as his reelection.

Why is he crying now?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Hotfreezer: 5:22am On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
Wiseandtrue:

The matter on ground is not the achievements of Dickson but the security of this country shouldn't be used to harass voters!!!

Either in Oyo, Ogun or wherever

They should be in Sambisa where are really needed if truly there's anyone they are fighting and not a make-believe!!!

In an organized country, the Nigerian army will be sanctioned!!!

It's a shame!!!
[/s]

Is that so?
In a security volatile state like Bayelsa?

Were you in coma when a Police Deputy Commissioner was manhandled by some idiotic youths during the elections early this year?

Dickson knows why he's crying. The security agencies know why he's crying.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:24am On Nov 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

The Military was on ground during the first election which brought him in as well as his reelection.

Why is he crying now?
It still doesn't make it right, it's wrong!!!

Do you know that it's citizens lives that's at risk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Edu3Again: 5:25am On Nov 17, 2019
QuotaSystem:
What a sore loser cheesy

The APC is taking over the SS one city at a time cool.
With the party Chairman, Dep. Senate President, and now Governor of an oil rich state from the region, the SS are clearly ripe to take their rightful position in the APC making it a truly national party, and have a good chance to clinch the party's presidential ticket for the next election.

Thanks to GEJ & Mama Peace for their support.

Congrats to Gov - elect Lyon.
APC the Party of Yaya bello?

APC party of Buhari,Lai Mohammed & Hell-Rufai?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asItI3vLBaY
Re: Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll by Hotfreezer: 5:27am On Nov 17, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

What else can Buhari do Using military men trained for war to harass civilians

Ordinary free and fair election in 2 STATES he cannot conduct

Rubber stamped governance undecided

This country is messed up!!!

Hahaha. The country is now messed up?

When PDP won in Bauchi, it wasn't messed up.
When PDP won in Rivers, it wasn't messed up.

See, APC left Bayelsa for GEJ and refused to disturb. Dickson's arrogance and stupidity cost PDP that state.

You here making noise, how many votes did you mobilise for PDP in Bayelsa?

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P/harcourt Refineries To Work At Full Capacity By November – Nnpc / PDP Govs Call For Sack Of Mu’azu, NWC Members / Osinbajo, Governors Meet At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.