Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (36020 Views)

Things Christians and Jews Don't Know About Moses That Muslims Do! / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by UnknownJr: 5:32am On Nov 17, 2019
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.

2.■ Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. Stop it.

3. ■ Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. Switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.��‍♀�

2. ■ Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. Stop it.�

5. ■ Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. Remember the church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel. Please show reverence to your maker.����‍♀

6. ■ Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. Stop it.��‍♂

7. ■ Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Please stop it.⌚�

8. ■ Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Please stop it.���

9. ■ Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. Stop it.�‍♀��

10. ■ Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics whilst worship service is going on. Stop it.�‍♂

Wake up people of God.
The King of Kings is coming soon.
God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2454631267977722&id=618540241586843

83 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by blesskewe(f): 5:37am On Nov 17, 2019
That number 9 day annoy me ehhhh

What if they die while rushing home

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by RoyalBlu(f): 5:51am On Nov 17, 2019
Very well said OP.

There should be utmost respect for the sanctity of the church.

But the 'switching off' the phone part will be difficult you know. Most people now, don't carry Bibles again. Mobile Bible is the in thing for them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by alonzoiv(m): 6:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Go to church and serve God, not to be looking at others.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Oluwatosean(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.
You can sit wherever you want,wherever you are comfortable...

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by seunlayi(m): 7:46am On Nov 17, 2019
Some people will not even behave whether in the church or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by englishmart(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2019
Really?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by rattlesnake(m): 8:59am On Nov 17, 2019
What is church
Church is where two or three are

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by SincereBigot: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2019
blesskewe:

what if you die while going home after church closes

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by YungMike(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2019
Church is in the heart❤️

Close to 90% of churches in the world are scam houses.

Meanwhile, WANT TO CALL NAIJA NUMBERS FOR A CHEAP AMOUNT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD?? CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR CONTACT

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2019
Most of your points are trash

16 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Truefaith: 9:01am On Nov 17, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by tstx(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2019
St
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by xynerise: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where users direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.
You can sit wherever you want,wherever you are comfortable...

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.

If you don't want them to direct you where to sit then come early and sit where you want. The late comers don't have to choose where to sit tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2019
blesskewe:

lmao

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Kulas: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2019
I hate people coming late to church.There are people that have taken it as habit.I do ask them,if you cannot come late to your work place you go Monday to Friday(Saturday), while should it be on church service.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2019
It is well... The Church also needs prayer.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by profmathsland(m): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2019
You forgot to add this one:

Using the church as your drop point for badly torn and worn currency notes. Several people are fond of this and I wonder how they feel comfortable giving out such shady looking naira notes as offerings in church. Well, the envelopes they use aid them in such shaa.

Meanwhile on Point no 7, I must say it is important for a church to emphasize a culture of keeping to time. Honestly such shows the Organisation and order of that that church. You cannot just run services anyhow always having inconsistent and different closing times. If it is a miracle and holyspirit special service, then that can be excused as time is expected to be overshot but for normal services, time must be adhered to.

A truly organised church is conscious of time. So the fact that one should not make it a habit to check one's wristwatch or the church clock all the time should not mean churches should not take the time durations of their services seriously.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by amstamon: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2019
Avoid looking for a sweet looking cute babe/guy to sit next with, so u can hold hands when instructed to hold/shake & hug your neighbour's..
Wetin I know sef

11 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by tunjijones(m): 9:15am On Nov 17, 2019
blesskewe:

Dude death can come at anytime

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Galaticos444: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2019
If d love of money is d root of all evil,why den is it needed in churches?

13 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by OyinO: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2019
Some went early and died when church building collapsed and crash-landed on them. Others were rounded Up by Boko Haram and slaughtered like Christmas chicken. Chei

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by SoftP(m): 9:16am On Nov 17, 2019
Op is self righteous.

@No.1- some churches that starts at 6.30am, careless about the security of others especially the less privileged members. offcourse most preachers are mobile, can u say same for all church members?

@2. Not everyone likes front seats as most ushers Compell members to take front rows. Some persons are introverts, if u force them, u ruin their self confidence

3. Oga, if u have an emergency case as a doctor or pressing needs at home, u won't attend to it baa because say u dey church baa'. Kilode?

4. @ chewing gum, i guess many persons chew gum to stay awake. Pointless unless you go loud with it

@No.9. Some preachers prefer keeping members all day in church, sometimes with irrelevant announcement.
Oga, if u have a job to do' abeg go work ooo. Our God is not a selfish God

I'm not in anyway against sanity in God's vineyard, but the way people takes christianity so stiff in this part of our world makes it look as if it's base on compulsion and not salvation.

biko, Una dey make people fear church for Africa.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Gabson001(m): 9:16am On Nov 17, 2019
Thanks for this information brotherly
May God airpus

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Judybash93(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2019
And why are Africans taking this foreign religion personally?
It's not ours, let's find ourselves

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by gaetano: 9:19am On Nov 17, 2019
2. Wetin concern usher Raymond with where I sitdon put. I came to church on my freewill, i should be allowed to choose where to sit. White people don't do that. I'm a natural back bencher in church, so immidiatelly they start general announcements, I'm the first man off, no time. cool

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Untainted007: 9:19am On Nov 17, 2019
You forgot to add
11. Looking at ladies bumbum in church or seductively staring at them.
12. Judging people in accordance to how rich by using how well they dress in church.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 17, 2019
Rubbish!!!! The bible says you are the temple of God. The Bible is not talking about the physical structure because even Jesus said those temples will be pull down. Those churches today are more or less business centres where buying and selling tales place. A place where the demonstration of God's power is seriously lacking. All we see today is mere sensationalism and emotional outbursts. So if I go to church building and start taking calls, chatting, it ain't my fault. Most churches are mere meeting points for motivation talks, AY live entertainment show or Wizkid-like choir song rendition

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by jabberjawz: 9:20am On Nov 17, 2019
I disagree with no 7.....some churches unnecessarily prolonged some boring activities which ends up making the service duration much longer than the scheduled time......I get up & leave cos I get frustrated @ times with church time management.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by akdjr(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
11. Stop using loud speakers to disturb the peace of the environment (Noise pollution) same also goes to your sisters religion "Mosque"
UnknownJr:
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.

2.■ Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. Stop it.

3. ■ Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. Switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.��‍♀�

2. ■ Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. Stop it.�

5. ■ Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. Remember the church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel. Please show reverence to your maker.����‍♀

6. ■ Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. Stop it.��‍♂

7. ■ Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Please stop it.⌚�

8. ■ Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Please stop it.���

9. ■ Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. Stop it.�‍♀��

10. ■ Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics whilst worship service is going on. Stop it.�‍♂

Wake up people of God.
The King of Kings is coming soon.
God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2454631267977722&id=618540241586843

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by gbengalistic(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
The point 9 you raised, I really don't agree with it. Can you kindly quote a scripture concerning that? I count it as a doctrine, not a commandment. There are some churches that sit and clap hands and even pray.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Saint Dikeji Daniel Miyerijesu: Jesus Holiness & Bishop Whole World / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.