Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? (30199 Views)

Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / imagine having your own apartment at Abijo for as low as 18M / Opportunity To Own Apartment &Duplex In Ajah @ Urban Prime One By Abram Adesanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by chukzyfcbb: 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
donval2121:
I started with 50k but presently earns 70 but am still not convinced of leaving my Parents. I stay alone in one room out other our 3bedroom flats. The worst is that a good one room self con I. ENUGU goes for 250k.
Don't move if you have no real reason to, rather save what you can from your salary and invest in something (either a land or a business).

When your asset base is high...You can decide what next....if to expand in more avenues or move out.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by eyinola: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

On the mainland... Ajao Estate.

Lol... No loud am, before them go change their mind.
I am telling u,am paying same amout yet sometimes sef ino dey get water�

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chomsky1967:

You will bounce back
Coming from a female am impressed

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Chummynoni(m): 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
bolousadex:
God will do it soon...keep moving but move in the right direction.
. ok sir. i will always turn to d right direction mayb i wil locate my helper. thank you
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
KimberlyWest:

grin Seriously. I'm just seeing 500k, 800k as someone's salary. Bachelor for that matter.

If it was self employment, I go understand. Well, they know better.
Sound impossible right?
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Ryan03(f): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
Rextizzy:
I don't work for anyone, this year i learnt some skills and earn more than $2k/$4k monthly on my online business, so getting a good fully furnished apartment isn't a biggie to me.

Go and hustle instead of being a slave for a moderfvcker.
pls, what kind of skills

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by philip0906(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Jokerman:
Just paid for my apartment yesterday 300k per annum in Alapere, I and my fiancée would service the cost together .. That's 25k/month.
Is it a mini flat?
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Britishcoins(m): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Funny enough I earn 200k average in my little business monthly but but I am still staying with a friend for free, planning to buy land here in oyo.
Although I will not pay more than 30k per annual apartment...
Modified, I just clocked 27 years....
I have better things to do with money. After all how many hours do I stay at house daily

5 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Sound impossible right?

grin Seriously finding it hard to believe. Unless they all work in oil companies or companies like KPMG and the likes.

grin like I said, they know better.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Cyynywhite: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
just reading comment.... work is yet to come

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
KimberlyWest:

grin Seriously finding it hard to believe. Unless they all work in oil companies or companies like KPMG and the likes.

my immidiate superior where I work earns 1.8m per month cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Fxwarrior: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ramanto:
I'm thinking of taking the bold step of moving out of my host's place and secure my own place, but the challenge is that, I'm not earning much at the moment (around 50k) .

I will like to hear from fellow Nairalanders, share your experience please. What are the challenges and benefits that come with living alone?
PS: I'm not comfortable here.

You can get a self con in a flat which usually ranges between #50 000-#100 000 depending on your location.

You can afford it. Living alone gives you some peace of mind and respect.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Lilshaddy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2019
Welcomme:
My salary is 30k..Other hustles for the month is sometimes times two of my salary...Do the maths. My house rent is just 40k. A room self con.Cost of living is relatively low in my side here.

Which state is that ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Lawmak: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
Don't allow your house rent to be more than your monthly salary
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Factfinder1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
EndtimeJudge:
Hey bro. I just moved to Abuja. And i need self con my budget 150k. Water and light. I work in wuse 3
Kindly help

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by urchcoded(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
DCmonster:
#130000 a month salary, #48000 a year One room boys quarter apartment . I had to make sure I made 1200000 that year from my salary alone and I was glad I achieved it. Still living that selectively extravagant lifestyle till date. Making millions yearly and living moderately.

Pls is dia anyway I could work for u?
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by urchcoded(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nnamebuka:

400K/yr for a serviced apartment? shocked shocked
Where's that pls

Here in Abuja, any serviced apartment less than 2M/yr must be suffering from either epileptic power supply or poor security or unkept enviroment or all mentioned. I stayed in one I paid 1.6M two years ago but was meant to pay unnecessary dues all through the year(if it's not security, it's transformer or AEPB dues else dustbins will spill and smell).

Meanwhile a friend/colleague staying in 2M apartment was enjoying even free DSTV subscription every quarter as additional peck of his rentage. No be person told me to change the next year as I calculated all the monthly dues I paid and it amounted to 2.3M when added to my actual rent.

Na to build my own sure pass now. Can't buy all these poorly built apartments selling all around here relatively cheap though

Sir u seem to be doing well, I would appreciate any help you can give to me in terms of work or recommendation or anything at all. PS: I'm a fresh graduate

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Iceking1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
Rextizzy:
I don't work for anyone, this year i learnt some skills and earn more than $2k/$4k monthly on my online business, so getting a good fully furnished apartment isn't a biggie to me.

Go and hustle instead of being a slave for a moderfvcker.

Bro please can u give me some little clue on the kind of online hustle that is fetching u this much, please bro... Please
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Manasir(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
mitchyy:
40,000. I got a small apartment for N250,000 from my savings before i got married and moved out.

I could afford the apartment because i did side jobs. And these side jobs finally turned to my main hustle
Aunt5ahow us the way now

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
I'm from Anambra too remember?
Are u interested in visiting my abode ni? It's restricted from predators tongue
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Jokerman(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
philip0906:

Is it a mini flat?

Yes
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Are u interested in visiting my abode ni? It's restricted from predators tongue
Before nko grin
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Hope777: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
230k.. My apartment costs about 500k total package. Now moving to one that costs 750k total package after just a year.. Annual rent will be 500k. May God help me

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Hope777: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lawmak:
Don't allow your house rent to be more than your monthly salary

Lol if this is the case many people will be homeless.. So if I earn 150k, my apartment must be 150 or less? Lol except you aren't in lagos

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Sound impossible right?
Nothing is impossible
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Before nko grin
Abeg gist boys things to do to make money, with less stress of course.
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mood11:
Well, presently my place costs about 200 Yearly.

My salary is same as yours. Though I have a side business which fetches me double of what I earn from time to time.. But I planned ahead and saved up before securing the apartment.

There's no set time for getting your own apartment. If you know you are not extravagant, you can spend on things of priority and cultivate a habit of saving. Also, look for a side hustle.
you are paying more than you are supposed to bro,, get a cheaper apartment bro
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by philip0906(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Of course nairaland is not for only jobless and broke people (no insults to them)...

There are quite a number of well to do peeps in here, who are active members. So you should expect to see a balanced view of opinions from these diverse social class.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Abeg gist boys things to do to make money, with less stress of course.
Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
my immidiate superior where I work earns 1.8m per month cheesy
And I'm sure he doesn't break any sweat to earn that money. He probably be sipping tea in his office while instructing subordinates what to do.

1 Like

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by Biingoo: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
And I'm sure he doesn't break any sweat to earn that money. He probably be sipping tea in his office while instructing subordinates what to do.
Not really though. Every works their ass out here oh! All hands must be on deck grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment? by VersatileVee: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2019
Biingoo:
Abeg bro's advice me on what to do to live good bcus the hustle don tough. To feed dis dayz na wahala
Datz y All this money am hearing here seems like a joke to me oh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.