Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? (10947 Views)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by seunlayi(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Therefore, I m asking you today, what is your favorite Bible passage or quotes?

Mine is the popular John 3:16 KJV

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by MikeBetty(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2019
Though It Might Tarry, But It Must Surely Come To Pass. 2 It Is Not He That Willeth Nor He That Runeth, But The Lord That Showeth Mercy. 3. A Thousand Shall Fall By Thy Side And Ten Thousand At Thy Right Side, But They Will Not Come Nigh Thee.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by 1stKing: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2019
The part where Eve gave Adam the apple.

Just imagine if they didn't eat that Apple, I wouldn't be conscious of sinning.

There is nothing as sweet as sinning. Thanks a lot Eve.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by seunlayi(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2019
1stKing:
The part where Eve gave Adam the apple.

There is nothing as sweet as sinning. Thanks a lot Eve.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by KayCee92(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2019
grin Ecclesiastes 3.1-15

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by rawpadgin(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2019
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter.....fear God & keep his commandments for this is the whole duty of man"

Ecclesiastes 12:13

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by RichDad1(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2019
Proverbs 12:24
Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.

22 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by surgecom(m): 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
John 3vs16 and Jeremiah 33vs3
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and will show thee great things, and difficult, which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3 ASV

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Donald95(m): 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
Seun Your mods are now too tired to push things to front page. Make me one of your mods and see the improvement

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by michaellovaldo(m): 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
The lord is my shepherd,I shall not want

14 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Valwezzy: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
"Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already approved what you do" grin grin cheesy (Ecclesiastes 9:7).

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by kelvxyn: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
John 3 vs 16.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by raymi: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
I have quite a number of Bible verses which I hold dearly. This year however, I've fallen deeply in love with this one as well:

1 Peter 5:10 - But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you (KJV).

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by CaptainMitch: 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
Do not waste your life chasing after women! This has ruined many kings. Proverbs 31:3

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by victorazyvictor(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
John 3: 16
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by KayCee92(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
KayCee92:
grin

Ecclesiastes 3. 1-15
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Uniqueteco(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
The whole verses in Psalm 114
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
cool
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Truefaith: 8:50am On Nov 17, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by CaptainMitch: 8:51am On Nov 17, 2019
Badbelle, go look for another work joor
Donald95:
Seun Your mods are now too tired to push things to front page. Make me one of your mods and see the improvement
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by etzmiezbee(f): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2019
The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few”. Matt 9:37

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:52am On Nov 17, 2019
cheesy My favourite parts of the Bible are where a book supposedly inspired by the all-knowing all-powerful ever-present being contains all sorts of contradictions and ridiculous errors...sounds like a book that was written by different authors in the dark ages where ignorance was the norm.

Interestingly a lot of Christians don't even know that such jaw-dropping amount of discrepancies all occour in their "perfect" and "holy" book.

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

6. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)

7. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)

8. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

9. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

10. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

I could go on to 100 FOR REAL

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Btruth: 8:52am On Nov 17, 2019
Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, Lord , hast holpen me, and comforted me.

Psalms 86:17 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/psa.86.17.KJV

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Slaves obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 113
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2019
All passage of ecclesiastice

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by 3pleo: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Gal 2:20

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by yaromaikyau(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2019
[s]The part where Eve gave Adam the apple.

There is nothing as sweet as sinning. Thanks a lot Eve. [/s][/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by SUCKCESSFUL: 8:54am On Nov 17, 2019
For bodily exercise profiteth little but goodliness is profitable unto all things, having both promise of that which now is and that which is to come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nerosoft19(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2019
Ecclesiastics 9:11 I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by UnknownT: 8:56am On Nov 17, 2019
Jesus wept
John 11:35
Teaches that nobody is above weeping

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by A305: 8:57am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 137:9

New International Version
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New Living Translation
Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

English Standard Version
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Berean Study Bible
Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New American Standard Bible
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.

New King James Version
Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!

King James Bible
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock!

The Bible needs to be burnt just as the missing part of it that was burn ages long ago.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. / Limb Regrowing Miracle By Naijadeyhia / Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.