Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos (1423 Views)

Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by busayochic: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Good day All,

Please I need some advise. I plan on travelling to the UK with my Family for the first time. My child is an infant and I will like to know which of the numerous airlines is the most child friendly airline in terms of comfort and all.

Thanks for your help
Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by Geenosko: 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
British Airways
Emirates if you don't mind the Israelite journey

2 Likes

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by browneyes7(f): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
busayochic:
Good day All,

Please I need some advise. I plan on travelling to the UK with my Family for the first time. My child is an infant and I will like to know which of the numerous airlines is the most child friendly airline in terms of comfort and all.

Thanks for your help

KLM is the best for me
Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by Beautyaddy: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
Yes, I agree with KLM.
Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by Liftmaster: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
In my opinion, your #1 consideration when traveling with an infant is to get a direct flight. Layovers are no fun when you have to take care of a cranky infant. The baby will be cranky during and after the flight .... cabin pressure and all that. I don't think KLM has direct flights from Nigerian to UK. Second is how old is your infant? If still at the age that he/she will be in your lap, you need the most comfortable seat you can get, implying first class/ business class or economy comfort if you can afford any of these options. If not, airlines tend to put mothers with imfants in the back of the plane to minimize disruptions and be near a restroom if they are not in a premium seat. But those seats are usually the most uncomfortable. I am not convinced that there is that much difference between the international airlines on that route. Pick any reliable one that has a direct flight and enjoy your trip as much as you can.

2 Likes

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by busayochic: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
Liftmaster:
In my opinion, your #1 consideration when traveling with an infant is to get a direct flight. Layovers are no fun when you have to take care of a cranky infant. The baby will be cranky during and after the flight .... cabin pressure and all that. I don't think KLM has direct flights from Nigerian to UK. Second is how old is your infant? If still at the age that he/she will be in your lap, you need the most comfortable seat you can get, implying first class/ business class or economy comfort if you can afford any of these options. If not, airlines tend to put mothers with imfants in the back of the plane to minimize disruptions and be near a restroom if they are not in a premium seat. But those seats are usually the most uncomfortable. I am not convinced that there is that much difference between the international airlines on that route. Pick any reliable one that has a direct flight and enjoy your trip as much as you can.

Thanks... I really appreciate this
Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by browneyes7(f): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
Liftmaster:

I dont know if I'm just lucky or something. I quite agree with you, it exhausting to travel with kids not to talk of having layover flights. I know KLM always give economy comforts to mothers lapping their babies less than 2years or the window seat and the aisle mothers with toddlers. I have been flying KLM with my child since birth, although the layover is not easy at all. So i would recommend a direct flight like BA but i cant tell if they consider mother's with infant.

1 Like

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by Liftmaster: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
busayochic:
Thanks... I really appreciate this

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by Liftmaster: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
browneyes7:

I dont know if I'm just lucky or something. I quite agree with you, it exhausting to travel with kids not to talk of having layover flights. I know KLM always give economy comforts to mothers lapping their babies less than 2years or the window seat and the aisle mothers with toddlers. I have been flying KLM with my child since birth, although the layover is not easy at all. So i would recommend a direct flight like BA but i cant tell if they consider mother's with infant.

Even though I don't travel with infants or toddlers anymore, I always avoid layovers. The possibility of something going wrong increases with a stopover. If your 1st leg gets delayed, you might miss your connecting flight and have to sit in the airport for hours. There is also the chance that your luggage may not make it onto the connecting flight even though you did. And flying in the winter time just drives up the odds exponentially.

1 Like

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by browneyes7(f): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
Liftmaster:

Even though I don't travel with infants or toddlers anymore, I always avoid layovers. The possibility of something going wrong increases with a stopover. If your 1st leg gets delayed, you might miss your connecting flight and have to sit in the airport for hours. There is also the chance that your luggage may not make it onto the connecting flight even though you did. And flying in the winter time just drives up the odds exponentially.

cry cry cry cry cry this is sooooooo true...I cry sometimes if I'm traveling with my toddler. The last trip made me vowed to avoid layover flights. @busayochic please travel with straight flight BA or Virgin... Airfrance I think is fine too because you get to spend an hour or less at the Airport.

1 Like

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by ifyalways(f): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
BA or Virgin Atlantic. Reason? Direct flights, shorter flight time hence less stressful for mom and child.

1 Like

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2019
British airways.

Noticed that mothers with infants always sit on the front row with all the baby stuffs comfortably.

1 Like

Re: Most Child Friendly Airline To London From Lagos by busayochic: 6:41am On Nov 23, 2019
Interesting... I really appreciate this everyone

(1) (Reply)

Delay In Spain Visa Application / If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad / General Q&a About Tuition Free Universities In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.