Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses (31566 Views)

Beninese Operatives Interrogate Sunday Igboho & His Wife, Ropo Adeyemo / Sunday Igboho Escaped From Beninese Airport, Was Lured Back Through Calls / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by GeneralPula: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
johnmattew:
I really pity beninoise,I wish FG sort out this border issue with them only .....I don't pity ghana

Honestly me too. Benin nah one good country!

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Cruze4d(m): 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
exactly my point. Funny enough, it is Nigerians hiding under these disguises. It is also Nigerians pressuring these countries to demand border re-opening. These countries have already collected import duties from these importers. They won't lose anything if borders remain closed. Only importers who will be forced to sell their goods cheaply or continue pay to for warehousing that will lose.

U sed it all.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Kingkamal(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
tayebest:
Buhari right now! cheesy
Perfect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by loswhite(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
johnmattew:
I really pity beninoise,I wish FG sort out this border issue with them only .....I don't pity ghana
do they need your pity? Your fellow Nigerians are suffering base on the policy so pity them and your self
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Germi9: 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
Do you know what will pain me the most?is after all this initial gragra,they will now open the borders,smuggling will now continue as usual...i go too go cry

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by sharone21(f): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
The President Patrice Talon that they are lambasting for not dialoguing with our President, is not even of the same level of governance with ours- he is BETTER. Benin has 24/7 electricity with 3ce maintenance check which lasts for 5-20 mins, they have drinkable tap water( u will perceive the chlorine odour) in fact I fell sick on arrival to Nigeria and drank our so called pure water, 4g by MTN gives 10-21mbps speed with unlimited internet cost from 10000cfa, President Talon is from Ouidah and most of the roads are tarred( though there is toll gate there), but u will see the impact of the money collected, there is workable, street light at many major points in Benin, Benin is a country with the least crime rate in Africa( Togo too) nothing like rubbish Book Haram or bandits on the road, at a time, we left our door unlocked and no fear as such( if u steal, ( usually bikes)you will be traced to even your village and fished out.....see, let's just pray for Nigeria.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Johnsghana(m): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
All these countries treat Nigerians like we are all criminals, yet they rely on us for everything.

This is a good way to get them to behave well.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by kokoA(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Benin that doesn't allow Dangote cement to enter their country? They never see anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Thegoodone13(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
Who care? They are feeding on us all this while.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by oz4real83(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
Benin doesn't produce anything. They are an import- dependent economy. Even 3megawatts of power is enough to power their economy. They only need power for nollywood movies and refrigerate food imported from other countries
sharone21:
The President Patrice Talon that they are lambasting for not dialoguing with our President, is not even of the same level of governance with ours- he is BETTER. Benin has 24/7 electricity with 3ce maintenance check which lasts for 5-20 mins, they have drinkable tap water( u will perceive the chlorine odour) in fact I fell sick on arrival to Nigeria and drank our so called pure water, 4g by MTN gives 10-21mbps speed with unlimited internet cost from 10000cfa, President Talon is from Ouidah and most of the roads are tarred( though there is toll gate there), but u will see the impact of the money collected, there is workable, street light at many major points in Benin, Benin is a country with the least crime rate in Africa( Togo too) nothing like rubbish Book Haram or bandits on the road, at a time, we left our door unlocked and no fear as such( if u steal, ( usually bikes)you will be traced to even your village and fished out.....see, let's just pray for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Thegoodone13(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
sharone21:
yes you are correct but they achieved that things because they are feeding on us and we need to stop it. Do you know the amount of money they are making through smuggle. They collecting tax in all the goods that enter their country but at the end of it all those goods end up coming to Nigeria without pay tax to us.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by sharone21(f): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
Thegoodone13:
yes you are correct but they achieved that things because they are feeding on us and we need to stop it. Do you know the amount of money they are making through smuggle. They collecting tax in all the goods that enter their country but at the end of it all those goods end up coming to Nigeria without pay tax for us.
Yes, but what has our President achieved with ALL the loots from Abacha, taxes/levies/VATS etc? See, let us pray to get off from the hand of Pharoah/s in Nigeria!
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Osobi32(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr

I must say all our neighbors are feeling it

Especially that our noisy neighbor called Ghana

Let me see if i can invest my cash on agriculture
God bless Nigeria

Integrated payroll system was awesome
Treasury single account was fantastic
And this border closure is perfect

Common Nigerians. Lets show these nations that we are the real niggarrrs of Africa
sense talk.... My niggar grin
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Area4Area: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
johnmattew:
It is up to president Talon to do the needful, didn't you see how the Beninese were blaming him for being headstrong?
President of Niger had signed that no more reexporting of foreign rice into Nigeria so what's holding that idiotic Talon?

That of Ghana is worse, just in one region Kumasi, they're losing $3 million weekly since the closure, imagine when other regions are included.

I don't pity loud mouthed Ghana or Benin even if Ghanaian ministers almost turned Abuja into their new capital and begging everyone in sight, the only people I pity are the Nigeriens at least their president has repented.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Area4Area: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
nakaman:
what is the objective of ECOWAS if I may ask. Nigeria is affecting the affairs of other countries. Soon this will stop.
Where were you and ECOWAS when these leeching countries were disrupting our agricultural sector and disobeying laid down ECOWAS rules we all signed up to?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by caprini1: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
ednut1:
we did not say no. We said use ports
We tried exporting some of our products from the ports bro...thats another hellish story for another day
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Ganjafama(m): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
if you give people a yard, they will take a mile. Their govt should do the needful. Benin is the 5th or 6th largest importer of rice despite having a population of less than 10million people. These imports are smuggled into Nigeria to kill our economy. Their govt must make and enforce a commitment to stop this.
What's stopping importers from using our own ports? This is a question we must find an an answer to.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Gannyradical(m): 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Many countries around Nigeria will suffer for the South African xenophobic attack against Nigerians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by olajizz01(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
do Egyptians need cassava grains to survive?
Stop saying gibberish, how many trailers of cassava do want,only farmers for my small town will served you as many trailers as you want.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Sagay212: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
But why shut the borders when you have customs and SON. The real problem are the custom officers who collect bribes for all manner of things to be brought into the country. Even when the border is opened, the corrupt custom officers will still continue to bribery and corruption
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by chewwie(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
We should jejely leave ECOWAS and AU, they are anti-Nigerian. Don't people in Benin Republic eat vegetables? Don't their other neighbors eat vegetables? Don't they rear snails they can feed the vegetables to? No negotiations, preserve our sovereignty and autonomy

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
Giant ant.
grin
RHAPSODYIDRIS:
Hold your goods and whatever products you produce our dear neighbours.. We want to be consuming our own goods too. We're not only tired of your substandard products, we've fed up with u crumpling our economy.. once a giant is now an ant..

We're getting up again.. bigger and better.. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by BRATISLAVA: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
olajizz01:
Stop saying gibberish, how many trailers of cassava do want,only farmers for my small town will served you as many trailers as you want.
did I ask you the question? And before your above garbage post, did you read and understand the context? No. You didn't. Try to. Or shut up. And learn some manners.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Legendguru: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oh
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by 900warriorz: 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
johnmattew:

don't pity them....only if you know what Nigerians go through in their hands. I stayed there for 4 years. those people hate Nigerians. all they want is how to extort money from us.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by ChaosMagus: 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
johnmattew:

In your mind, Ghana is going through a recession because nigeria has closed its borders.. i laugh in Twi. Sorry to disappoint you but our economy is growing at a cool 7 to 8%. If your economy is also growing at a rate like ours or even far better than ours as a result of the border closure then thats good news for us all right...

By the way why have you decided to reopen it in January 2020. You should extend it to 2050, since its helping boost your economy and you are making millions as you claim. Am I right??
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by ChaosMagus: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
Jaynom:

Exactly!

Exactly... Dont pity Ghana. In fact keep that border closed till 2050, dont spare us, let Ghana's economy collapse, squeeze that "our tiny economy" till it starts slowing down and then finally into recession. We want you people the "giant of Africa" , the "smartest" Africans to teach us a bitter lesson. Please keep that border closed. I beg of you. Let this message get to Buhari
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by ChaosMagus: 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kapilta:
Nigeria should consider Benin and Niger and open this border.

If for Ghana, i will say the border be closed forever.

Yes what are you waiting for... Because of Ghana, keep that border closed till eternity. We need you to destroy our economy. Please collapse our economy for us. Tell Buhari not to open that border in January.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by sharone21(f): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
oz4real83:
Benin doesn't produce anything. They are an import- dependent economy. Even 3megawatts of power is enough to power their economy. They only need power for nollywood movies and refrigerate food imported from other countries
And does Nigeria produce so much? Benin is still first before us in terms of GSM set, internet, 24/7 electricity, clean tap water etc while we are still battling with the basics. We complain of insufficient electric meter ( which makes us pay and bribe our way just to get shared meter in our houses since it is not enough in Nigeria) but in Ouidah, Benin there is an assembly plant with the costliest price being 20,000cfa(is the most durable one) and any technician lad can fix it. I thought we have zoned 'discos' ( Lagos, IBEDC, Benin etc) with each zone as big as Benin itself, why can't each zone set target to accomplish what Benin has been able to accomplish in terms of power or at least swallow their pride and understudy Benin? If we keep on supporting failed governments and mediocrity, things will remain slowly developed in Nigeria... Anyway, we deserve the kind of government we get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Signs LCDA Bill Into Law / Tony Momoh: Obaseki Should Be Blamed For His Disqualification, Not Oshiomhole / Travel Advisory: US Warns Citizens Not To Visit Enugu, Imo, Borno, 15 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.