Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

5 American Pastors With Private Jets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 American Pastors With Private Jets (547 Views)

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 American Pastors With Private Jets by ColouredWriters(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
It does not matter whether or not it is. American pastors with private jets or Nigerian pastors, what matters is that most of these pastors do not have any business purchasing private jets with church money when church members are still going to bed hungry.

The issue of living a lavish lifestyle has become the major stain on religion no matter the divide and it is quiet worrying to say the least.

Over here in Nigeria, it is no longer news that pastors are among the most deceitful people running things in the country, just like their counterpart, the politicians. I am not trying to say that we don’t have honest pastors in the country but the thing is they are in the minority.

They are the ones with the big cars and houses and to crown it all, now the increasing ownership of private jets. Despite the fact that they are presiding over congregations that are made up of some of the most poverty troubled individuals in the country and possibly the world.

But today is not about Nigerian Pastors. Today our beam is focused on God’s own country, America! We are gathered here today to talk about those
American pastors with private jets, who believe that it is a necessity no matter the argument of those who think otherwise.

1. Jesse Duplantis

Jesse Duplantis is the first on our list of American pastors with private jets. He is a prosperity gospel preacher from the Christian Evangelical Charismatic tradition based in New Orleans, Louisiana, US. He is said to have a net worth of $40 million.

Already in possession of Three Private Jets (according to him, two have been donated to other ministries), Duplantis still went ahead to ask his followers to donate money to buy a new $54 million private jet, the Dassault Falcon 7X.

A demand that saw a great wave of criticism assail the prosperity preacher and in defense he countered with the following statement: “I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the earth today he wouldn’t be riding a donkey. Think about that for a minute. He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

2. Kenneth Copeland

Second on our list is Kenneth Copeland, who is another prosperity gospel preacher associated with the Charismatic Movement. He runs the Tarrant County, Texas-based Kenneth Copeland Ministries (KCM).

I think Kenneth Copeland is in a league of his own. This is a man of God who couldn’t hold himself back from describing flying in a commercial airplane as “getting in a long tube with a bunch of demons.”

Copeland’s ministry owns at least three private aircraft, “Inside Edition” reported, including a $20 million Citation 10 and a Gulfstream V jet purchased from American movie director Tyler Perry. The pastor refused to say exactly how much he spent on the Gulfstream but said Perry made the plane “so cheap for me I couldn’t help but buy it.”

3. Creflo Augustus Dollar Jr

On to the first black American pastor on the list. He is the pastor, and the founder of the non-denominational World Changers Church International based in College Park, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta.

His congregation boasted of having around 30,000 members, and $70 million in revenue (gross cash collections) for 2006 alone. His ministry’s nearly $20 million World Dome was built without any bank financing in 2007.

He owns two Rolls-Royces, a private jet (Gulfstream III jet, N103CD,), and high-end real estates such as a million-dollar home in Atlanta, a $2.5 million home in Demarest, New Jersey, and a home in Manhattan that he bought for $2.5 million in 2006 and sold for $3.75 million in 2012.

Not satisfied with his current flying vehicle Creflo would launch a campaign for a Gulfstream G650 worth $65 million, so he could “safely and swiftly share the Good News of the Gospel worldwide.”

A financial burden that was placed on the heads of 200,000 followers to each donate $300.00 towards the purchase of that luxurious jet. A demand that is currently on hold and out of public eyes due to the massive criticism it attracted.

Re: 5 American Pastors With Private Jets by Bithub: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
Fvck it Jesse Duplantis can preach mehn
Re: 5 American Pastors With Private Jets by Abfinest007(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
let them enjoy eir money in peace since I didn't contribute tithe to eir ministries

(1) (Reply)

Understand The Bible In Less Than 30 Minutes (by Truthunedited) / Nigerian Pastors,most Wicked Criminals(see Why) / Corona Virus Updates: Man Of God, Pastor Chris Prays Against Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.