Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa (37645 Views)

Man Vows Two Months Vacation To Celebrate If Oshiomhole Emerges As Senator / Tony Momoh: Obaseki Should Be Blamed For His Disqualification, Not Oshiomhole / APC'll Win Kogi, Bayelsa 2019 Governorship Election - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
Obaseki will most likely not get APC ticket in Edo come 2020 if Oshiomole is able to deliver Kogi and Bayelsa.

Obaseki has not achieved up to 35% of what Oshiomole achieved in Edo state as governor yet Obaseki has been demonizing Oshiomole in the state and openly and secretly persecuting those whom he perceives as loyal to Oshiomole.

All through this political crisis in the state, Oshiomole has not responded to Obaseki except for when he pointed out that the election for the house of assembly leadership wasn't done right and that the governor should issue a fresh proclamation and try to lobby for support so those who agree with him (Obaseki) can emerge.

Obaseki hasn't done this. He hasn't been able to lobby as should be the case in politics and democracy. Instead, he is using force and the power he has as governor to suspend elected LGA Chairpersons, sacking commissioners and other government appointees who dare not to support his dictatorial style while leaving infrastructure and development in the state to collapse.

Oshiomole constructed over 1000 roads as governor, built and renovated over 1000 schools across the state, built several hospitals, built a university, revitalised public transportation in the state and brought in several investors who set up companies that are actively functioning today.

Obaseki hasn't achieved half of the above yet he feels Oshiomole's advice or input isn't necessary in the state.

Obaseki is on a wrong path and except he makes a U-turn, he's definitely not getting the support of APC to continue running the affairs of the state, least he becomes another politician who will loot the state without remorse like the PDP days and use state power to silent anyone who questions him.

This is my humble submission.

61 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
I dedicate this space to all those who are going to continue pushing for a better Nigeria by actively/passively, and openly/secretly participating in the political process in the country.

God bless you all.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by kel94(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
I actually underestimated Oshiomole but it seems the man knows his onions. Inasmuch as I admire Obaseki's courage, I think he should be careful with the way he play politics.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
kel94:
I actually underestimated Oshiomole but it seems the man knows his onions. Inasmuch as I admire Obaseki's courage, I think he should be careful with the way he play politics.
I concur.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by ArmedRobber: 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lol we told you guys that obaseki is a small fry for oshomole. Oshomole will respond to him on the day of primary.i like the fact that osho baba brought a more popular candidate to trash obaseki.
Obaseki defect to pdp or not ize iyamu is the next governor

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by helinues: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
No

It is unfair to compared Obaseki with Yaya Bello or Dickson. Tottally unfair

Obaseki is in the ranks of Fayemi as a governor who delivers

Oshiomole should stop being petty and allow Obaseki to go for second term. Are Bello, Ortom , Ikpeazu more better

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
Obaseki should hold kabaka by his balls, I loss, your hotel is gone plus I will review your record and hope you remember the boy you killed , I will sign your death warrant and make sure you re executed before I leave office, Obaseki should start kidnapping his opponent now before they grow wings.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
kel94:

Oshiomole may be crude but he's a man that knows the game and has the people at heart. He actually grew up in the streets, from active labour unionism that saw him holding Obasanjo by the balls to governance where he wasn't scared to step on toes to ensure that Edo state is set on the right track of progress.

If PDP and Igbinedion achieved half of what Oshiomole achieved in Edo, I tell you that Edo will be amongst the 3 most developed and investor friendly states in Nigeria.

His method is rough but it gets results. That's what's great about him and with time and more education, he's going to be better at governance.

You don't just pick a fight openly with that kind of person.

Obaseki doesn't understand this. He's forgotten that power is transient and it is people that make you what you are in a democracy.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by ArmedRobber: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
mrgoodd:
Obaseki should hold that kabaka by his balls, I loss your hotel is gone plus I will review your record and hope you remember the boy you killed , I will sign your death warrant before I leave office, Obaseki should start kidnapping his opponent now before they grow wings.
cheesy obaseki is a gooner. Osho baba no get him time now . The task at hand is bayelsa and Kogi after then obaseki will either be disgraced out of Apc or trashed in pdp when he finally defect

A more popular candidate ize iyamu is at Apc waiting for obaseki anywhere he choose to contest either APC primary,or pdp candidate.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by paradigmshift(m): 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ode.
Deliver by rigging....
It won't work in benin.
Obaseki should decamp to pdp.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by tommykiwi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
This country is really lawless!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by SoftP(m): 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oshiomole is way better off in terms of development, but he is too rude and arrogant.

Even the so called Obaseki is not helping matters, all the roads he worked on has been ruined off by erosion.

Infact, anybody that wins the election is okay by me joor.

But for now, I'm just enjoying their fight, it keeps me busy with news

9 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by StarUp: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
I see the replay of Tinubu & Ambode in Edo if Obaseki doesn't take time... But Yahaya Bello do Dino strong thing for Kogi o, so nobody will entertain us in the senate chambers again? cry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by danot1030: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
You mean he will be given Ambode's treatment?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Afamed: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oshiomole the slayer of PDP

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by paradigmshift(m): 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
BlackAfrican:
Obaseki will most likely not get APC ticket in Edo come 2020 if Oshiomole is able to deliver Kogi and Bayelsa.

Obaseki has not achieved up to 35% of what Oshiomole achieved in Edo state as governor yet Obaseki has been demonizing Oshiomole in the state and openly and secretly persecuting those whom he perceives as loyal to Oshiomole.

All through this political crisis in the state, Oshiomole has not responded to Obaseki except for when he pointed out that the election for the house of assembly leadership wasn't done right and that the governor should issue a fresh proclamation and try to lobby for support so those who agree with him (Obaseki) can emerge.

Obaseki hasn't done this. He hasn't been able to lobby as should be the case in politics and democracy. Instead, he is using force and the power he has as governor to suspend elected LGA Chairpersons, sacking commissioners and other government appointees who dare not to support his dictatorial style while leaving infrastructure and development in the state to collapse.

Oshiomole constructed over 1000 roads as governor, built and renovated over 1000 schools across the state, built several hospitals, built a university, revitalised public transportation in the state and brought in several investors who set up companies that are actively functioning today.

Obaseki hasn't achieved half of the above yet he feels Oshiomole's advice or input isn't necessary in the state.

Obaseki is on a wrong path and except he makes a U-turn, he's definitely not getting the support of APC to continue running the affairs of the state, least he becomes another politician who will loot the state without remorse like the PDP days and use state power to silent anyone who questions him.

This is my humble submission.

This is your humble sponsored post submission. Oshiomole stole Edo dry. Tell me one tangible thing oshio did ? Gerarahere.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Pavore9: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
Acolytes demonizing their godfathers is a ritual. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by jaxxy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
What of the ones he didn’t deliver in the past?

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Charly68: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
ArmedRobber:
Lol we told you guys that obaseki is a small fry for oshomole. Oshomole will respond to him on the day of primary.i like the fact that osho baba brought a more popular candidate to trash obaseki.
Aaah!
Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
ArmedRobber:

Let's set the record straight, Oshiomole did not bring Ize Iyamu to APC to contest against Obaseki...if that is what you are implying. Oshio Baba is not that stupid and quote me anytime you will never find Oshiomole supporting Iyamu as Edo governor, not while Captain Hosa Okunbor and other loyal and development inclined progressives are still alive and kicking

So while we push for what's best for the state and give our support to Oshio Baba to lead us right, let us not spread misinformation to the public.

13 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by FakeManna: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
helinues:
No

It is unfair to compared Obaseki with Yaya Bello or Dickson. Tottally unfair

Obaseki is in the rank of Fayemi as a governor who delivers

Oshiomole should stop being petty and allow Obaseki to go for second term. Are Bello, Ortom , Ikpeazu more better
[/s]
shut up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by dante0147: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Enoch07: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
let's wait and see
Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by emkz: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Funny enough, Oshiomole rarely lost a fight in his professional life. He seems to be talking less now and strategizing more.

I think the game plan would be to factionalize APC and organize two parallel congresses and produce two governorship candidates. One of them would go to court and the PDP candidate would be sworn in as appeal court would say there was no valid candidate in APC during elections. Even though the APC wins, they won't enjoy the victory.

Obaseki is book-smart but politically naive.

17 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by RichDad1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Interesting days ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by DirtyGold: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
In Africa, power is absolute.
That said coupled with the kind of wickedness in APC, Obaseki is only making noise because APC isn't losing any election.

What's tha business?
Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by paradigmshift(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
mrgoodd:
Obaseki should hold that kabaka by his balls, I loss your hotel is gone plus I will review your record and hope you remember the boy you killed , I will sign your death warrant before I leave office, Obaseki should start kidnapping his opponent now before they grow wings.

You Sabi .. if e can do that... E go win easily

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
danot1030:
You mean he will be giving Ambode's treatment?

Exactly. Unless he turns a new leaf
Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Amah70: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Struggle for oil revenues, that's what election under PMB is all about.

Deliver votes win bullets and blood flowing. That's what election has become in Nigeria.

The democratic gains made since 1999 are all lost now.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by EmmaOgbu(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
They are all the same,

I don't care for any

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Sirmuel1(m): 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Look at them... Stupid politicians!! All they know is election.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa by Femeto: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Thrash you think he is a Coward like Ambode.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Colonel D.C. Bako Buried (Photos) / The Moment Top Dignitaries Arrived Atiku's Campaign Ground In Lagos / Fulani Herdsmen Behead Charles Chrisanthus, Adamawa PDP Chairman, Flee With Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.