Stats: 3,148,484 members, 7,801,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? (24735 Views)

Please I'm Looking For Someone To Help Me Buy Keke Tricycle On High Purchase / Are You Looking For Where To Buy Keke Cheaper .....820k / Do I Go For A Keke Or Mini Bus? Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by chidekings(m): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
You are depending on it 100 percent,and u don't want to run it yourself,what else are you doing with your 24 hours a day?

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Amba555(f): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you are riding the Keke yourself, no problem but if you want to give it to someone else to balance you at the end... run

Even the most trusted persons still disappoint.

I know of lots of persons whose cordial relationship were destroyed cos of biz like this.

Do it yourself if you can on good motorable routes with high traffic.

It's a biz you will gain just the stress which you can still work at your convenience.

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by mebad(m): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with me. I don't have a side hustle right now and I will be depending on this 100 percent. I am getting support funds to do this so I can't afford to fail. You did these businesses in Lagos or Benin? The roads in Benin are not good that is why I am scared of uber as I will not be driving myself. I was going to buy the keke and put it on a motorable route so that repair would be minimal. Did you do hire purchase? Ie driver takes over the car/keke after balancing a certain amount? How about repairs? Who pays for it? Thanks for your time

If you don’t have a side hustle , why not drive it yourself ?

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by demeele: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
I am tinking towards keke as I feel Benin is not as busy as Lagos and uber will not give returns like keke in Benin.....u need to study d area very well and discover what they really need

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by cenaman(m): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn
As a real niggerr u are and resident in benin, ur advice is needed here grin

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Marvieduke:
Just buy Keke at least you are sure of your daily pay
Terrible advice...

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Yinkagbo(m): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bro,you explained it all........my eyes see pepper for my driver's hands.......

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Henriksen(m): 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
Keke
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Solomon8144: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
victorian:
Why can't you ride the keke or uber yourself? Give anyone to drive any of these machines, you will regret massively. And loose big time.

As this is the only source of income u are about to delve into, shelve pride and ride it yourself. You are a man.
Shut up albino.
What do you know about being a man. All these dumb Nigerian no levels feminist sef.

Person wey e Maga pay e dey find wetn go dey give am small small cash on a regular from there e go dey bomb steady dey pursue bigger rabaz you're telling him to be riding keke from morning till night,tell me which time e go get for steady bombing and to dey update client.

High purchase TB na gee boys business they just need somewhere to be getting cash on a ready while chasing the big bag.

Albino once again shut up you too dey do anyhow.
Talkative!

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Bluehill1051: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Did you just return to Nigeria ??! Both decisions are wrong! WRONG!

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Wanity(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by saydfact(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:
Hello nairalanders

I need your advice. I want to do transport biz in Benin. I am considering buying a tricycle and giving it to somebody to drive on hire purchase or buy a car for Uber biz in Benin.

Please which do you think will be more profitable with reasons pls. I am tilting towards keke as I feel Benin is not as busy as Lagos and uber will not give returns like keke in Benin. Thank you all in advance.

Mods I will appreciate front page to get more advice. Don't want to make mistake

you asked a question and gave the answer.......

you want a more profitable venture and you just said keke is more profitable..

PLEASE, WHICH ADVICE YOU NEED IF NOT TO CONFUSE ISSUES FURTHER.. grin grin

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Wanity(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bluehill1051:

How?
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Marvieduke(f): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Terrible advice...

If you think so
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by OvaSabi1(f): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bluehill1051:

Please can you explain better?

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by lihtachan: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
I think car!

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by A305: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
Esseite:
Uber is not a business, it's a static income alongside a depreciating asset, it's just to keep you going for a while until you can maintain no more and give up, the feasibility is only sweet on paper and cloud calculations. its not hate, its fact from experience.

Think of a business that can be grown while you grow, you cannot be innovative doing an uber business neither can you grow the business beyond the owners.

What is with all this keke and uber topics on front page constantly...
Can't better initiatives be brought in, such as small scale productions/manufacturing, poultry, animal rearing, fast food, mini importation etc...

You are businessly wise.

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Obiaksnews: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you want the Business to be based in Benin i would advise you to buy a car instead of a keke and i would give my reasons below :

1. Keke are banned in most major roads in benin, meaning the service would only be restricted to just local areas which have more of bad roads
2. With when registered under taxify, your driver can make between N800 - 1,500 from just one trip, whereas a keke may have to make up to three trips to get that amount.
3. If things go south, the second hand value for a car, would be more than what you get from selling off the keke
4. If ever you decide to go into the business yourself, i believe you would be more comfortable riding a car than riding a keke
5. Private cabs don't get much disturbance on the roads unlike keke drivers who may have to belong to various associations.

These are some of the few tips i can come up with for now, but non the less i hope you make the best decision of the two.

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by pawesome(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
depends on who is using it but keke is better
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Youngbishop1(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you are really getting support funds to run this business, then do it yourself or rather find something you can do yourself to avoid stories that touch, unless you can always raise support funds if this one fails.
Talking from experience bro.

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Yinkagbo(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by AgentNairaland(f): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
Okada
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Chibuzoc(m): 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bro buy a mini bus instead and drive it yourself, more than 4 drivers have used my bus and all of em failed. Different story everyday from those selfish drivers, I now drive my bus myself

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Keenmind2019(m): 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2019
Buy bike, go to Lagos or Ibadan and do opay

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Solomon8144: 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
Wanity:

??
Modified
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by vivalavida(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
Solomon8144:

Shut up albino.
What do you know about being a man. All these dumb Nigerian no levels feminist sef.

Person wey e Maga pay e dey find wetn go dey give am small small cash on a regular from there e go dey bomb steady dey pursue bigger rabaz you're telling him to be riding keke from morning till night,tell me which time e go get for steady bombing and to dey update client.

High purchase TB na gee boys business they just need somewhere to be getting cash on a ready while chasing the big bag.

Albino once again shut up you too dey do anyhow.
Talkative!

Ol'boy u just off me
Lmao
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Solomon8144: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
chidekings:
You are depending on it 100 percent,and u don't want to run it yourself,what else are you doing with your 24 hours a day?
Magic fingers.

Na gee boy he's looking for somewhere steady cash will be coming from on a regular while he case the big bag with full force.

Keke / okada hire purchase and Uber business are mostly upcoming scammers business

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
Keke in Lagos you buy 670k weekly returns is 25k for Lagos hire purchase is 1.2 or 1.3 million
It's eleven months note the keke is the guys own

For Onitsha if you wake up earlier by 4:30am you close work by 8pm you will make 12k
a day weekly return is 20 to 21k in Onitsha and its a year hire purchase
Keke thrive more in Onitsha than LAGOS
Because The government of Anambra has banned Okada
So you can contact me for more info
090 57127874.

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Obiaksnews: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
Obiaksnews:
If you want the Business to be based in Benin i would advise you to buy a car instead of a keke and i would give my reasons below :

1. Keke are banned in most major roads in benin, meaning the service would only be restricted to just local areas which have more of bad roads
2. When registered under taxify, your driver can make between N800 - 1,500 from just one trip, whereas a keke may have to make up to three trips to get that amount.
3. If things go south, the second hand value for a car, would be more than what you get from selling off the keke
4. If ever you decide to go into the business yourself, i believe you would be more comfortable riding a car than riding a keke
5. Private cabs don't get much disturbance on the roads unlike keke drivers who may have to belong to various associations.

These are some of the few tips i can come up with for now, but non the less i hope you make the best decision of the two.
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by UrVillagePpl: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!
Nor be all road keke fit pass for Benin city. Their movement is restricted here in Benin city! And secondly keke napep cost. Na when i jam one guy own after i don drink some bottles with my lexus for pz sapele road Benin city i take know for. The idiot say make i buy new one
But if i say make you buy car now ehnnnn.
I nor sure say you go get profit

Brother! Open HK(huzzle kingdom) with the small money when you get
then real niggarrrz go give you updated tools and format

What's the meaning of hustle kingdom
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Godbuoy: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
OP..

Depending on the area u are in Benin.
U can go for keke if u study the area dat people there use more of it. But majority of the roads used by keke riders are very bad.

As for uber, if u are the one to drive it, go for civic or Hyundai as said by one nairalander. Corolla is good oo but insure it if u re going for that cuz na hot cake for car thieves hand cheesy

Finally, carry out feasibility study on ur own before u conclude.

Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country / Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges / CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn