Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? (8160 Views)

Share Your First Time Computer Experience / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Emmyk(m): 12:55am On Nov 19, 2010
Mine was year 2003
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by GoldCircle: 11:56am On Nov 19, 2010
can't possibly remember. . .but I know it was definitely before the hype about the millennium bug in the year 2000 cos my first e-mail address was ******1999@onebox.com;
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by sayso: 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2010
can't remember how fun.I thought it was a coloured pictures on the screen with different sections,but now I know better.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by charlie193: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
It was in Yaba college of technology,  in 2001. I can not forget that night , I was with my friend. And everything was like a magic to me.  He was actually the person operating the computer, a very wonderful experience! Though I have to contribute  half of the 700 Naira will used for the night browsing ticket, after which I have no money again for the whole week in school, resulted in me drinking Garri and Ewa Akonyin at the food village. But it all worth it!
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Ojumiii(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2010
my was in the year, 1999, that was when i register my e-mail account and the use of google with some cards site ( 123 greating.com, passionup.com etc) @ 17 years of age, that was what all my lunch money goes for everyday browsing for no particular aim
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
it was in 1999 in a cybercafe where i used to pay per hour for #150.YM was the deal then.no facebook,no nairaland !
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by dkings101(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2010
Mine was year 2001. Went to my friend hse in isolo and he toke me to a cyber cafe there and wen he was operating it, it all seems interesting to me. I couldnt even operate the mouse talk less of keyboard but now, My vast knowledge of the net, I am even teaching my friends some stuff abt the net and he calls me GURU. I ve used the net to better my life, siblings, ppl around me, love ones and generation to come, God bless my benefactor.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by drone99(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
That was back in year 2000, sent an email to a relative in the U.K. I have never looked back since then, from spending money on 1 hour browsing to overnight browsing.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by thweraja10: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2010
Mine was in 2003 ans i was like wow. Will i be able to operate it. All the icons where just too much then that i thought will i be able to know it all. After the first experience that the guy open an email for me i decided to give it a try myself. I went to the cyber cafe and i spent over 400 naira then without accessing my mail cos i was just too confused of the whole thing and the cafe attendant was not encouraging
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Ranoscky(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by AjanleKoko: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2010
1996, at MPN. I was on IT then, with a company that was supplying Compaq desktops, and doing helpdesk support to them.
Part of our job then was the set up the LAN, and ensure that the systems were live on the company extranet. The Intenet looked very funny at the time, and everybody was doing AOL and Compuserve. There was nothing like Hotmail or Yahoo.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by owner(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2010
sadMine was wondaful too dat i no longer feel like attending classes in School again, that was in 2002, If they send out people that are still owing school fees, i do go out with them though i have paid mine but just because Browsing. A guy even insulted me that a Yoruba boy will only know www.oko-oloyun.com, though i know only Google then, and 4rm Google to many oda site.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by liaslo1(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
i can remember that it was in 2004 , a friend of mine whom is sister taught about internet (a day to my first day to use the internet), the next day he call on me to go with him which i did (although i have been thinking about internet before i got that opportunity), and since then i have been using the internet and now i have taught much of my friend (even that friend that took me to cyber) about internet. and i'm currently a Web Developer.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by mutw(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
I found it difficult to unravell the mistery behind it all.
But wit time I got it.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by topeorekoy(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2010
mine was in 1999. had this friend that looked so much like gur teaching at the cafe
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by kg(f): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2010
Mine was in 2001, I opened an email acoount with the help of a friend, a yahoo email and I still use it as my chat ID till today.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by ndigbo: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by chuglothen(f): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
2006. University registration
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Emmyk(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
Yeah, mine was April, 2003. At Thomas Adewumi College Oko. My dad was an English teacher there then. I never rely know what it was used for,I was always looking for games. I never used it again till 2006, I opened my own email - emmykway4christ@yahoo.com. hahaha,funny email. (lol, it took me weeks to know the difference between "sign up" and "sign in"). rite now, people all over my area always look 4 me so that we can go to cafe together( for registration etc). Coz they know we have a computer training school.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by boladot: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
2000 my first email add was *****@thuglove.com and I also used onebox.com. I could remember my polytechnic days, I was the only one that has email id in our first year, that they nicknamed me with my email id
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by boladot: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
2000 my first email add was *****@thuglove.com and I also used onebox.com. I could remember my polytechnic days, I was the only one that has email id in our first year, that they nicknamed me with my email id
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Olisaonyeo(f): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2010
It was 2007 at Skill Touch Computer School Wuse Market.

Then it was 4 people on one chair. grin grin
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by boladot: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2010
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by Mikehell(m): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
The first tym i make use of d internet was back in 2006 when i was in js3 for my social studies assignment about countries around d world,their capitals n currency.it was a gr8t xperience.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by jibsyola(f): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by ceasyc(f): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2010
my 1st time was 1998 in sweden, was still in my teens - i was so fascinated. i stayed on my/our own pc 4 at least 6 hrs a day (everyday) discovering new things, how to use it n learning to type with all my fingers = WOW! AMAZING & WICKED STUFF i thought
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by martinosi: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
1996 was my 1st time i used the Internet,
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by JUO(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
mine was 2001 with windows95
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by DejiYesufu(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
2002. with the help of a younger cousin.
Earlier that year some chap opened an email for me for N500. You can imagine, I still use that email today, at that cost?!
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by MeNutty(f): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
remember in the year 2000, i was still in secondary school, and my sis will always tell me that she wants to go and check her box, on one of such occasions that she was going to check her box, i now pleaded with her that i also want a box, but that i don't know where I'll place mine, she so laffed that day and i wondered what was funny, but now i know better
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by brilliance: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
1999, i walked in2 a cafe, paid and watch d yahoo page all tru.
Re: When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? by omega25red(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2010
mine was in 1996 then i got a power mac and i was using AOL 1.1  grin wow that time you get a floppy disc from AOL and to use the internet you had to download the web crawler which took forever due to the use of dial up connection.
hmm the internet has come really far
AjanleKoko:

1996, at MPN. I was on IT then, with a company that was supplying Compaq desktops, and doing helpdesk support to them.
Part of our job then was the set up the LAN, and ensure that the systems were live on the company extranet. The Intenet looked very funny at the time, and everybody was doing AOL and Compuserve. There was nothing like Hotmail or Yahoo.
grin grin i remeber that time too brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy This Laptop With 20, 000 Naira Only / How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks / Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.