Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Migrating To The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrating To The UK (1373 Views)

The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! / Migrating To Netherlands From Nigeria / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating To The UK by RedSparrow(f): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good day everyone,

I’m currently employed as a fresh graduate earning 150k per month. I’m interested in pursuing my masters degree in the UK especially with the new post study visa announcements recently. I want use this opportunity and try to migrate legally as I believe I meet the requirements. Note that I am 23 years old, single and I studied an engineering degree.

Is it advisable to take this opportunity? Although the company I’m working with right now is good for career progression. Some people have tried to discourage me recently but honestly I’m very adamant to live Nigeria and be in a saner climate.
Re: Migrating To The UK by Gavrelino123: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
RedSparrow:
Good day everyone,

I’m currently employed as a fresh graduate earning 150k per month. I’m interested in pursuing my masters degree in the UK especially with the new post study visa announcements recently. I want use this opportunity and try to migrate legally as I believe I meet the requirements. Note that I am 23 years old, single and I studied an engineering degree.

Is it advisable to take this opportunity? Although the company I’m working with right now is good for career progression. Some people have tried to discourage me recently but honestly I’m very adamant to live Nigeria and be in a saner climate.
My brother I will advise you to leave Nigeria ,there's no assurance about that job and meagre salary you think you have.....
Once you have the finance,what are you waiting for?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrating To The UK by optimusprime2(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
RedSparrow:
Good day everyone,

Migration to another country is relative to the individual...
So what ever rocks your boat, is just fine...

1 Like

Re: Migrating To The UK by sweetmelanin(f): 12:19am On Nov 18, 2019
Engineering is hot right now in the UK especially in construction (road works and new build homes). So you've definitely got a good chance of finding your feet here.. especially as you're still young and you studied a well sought after course..

If you do decide to come here, avoid London. It's an overpriced cesspool! Also avoid small villages that aren't very diverse.

I'd suggest you consider cities like Essex, Cambridge, Leeds, Southampton or Nottingham.. you will definitely meet young, black, like-minded people in any of these cities.

Good luck!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Migrating To The UK by RedSparrow(f): 6:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Thank you very much for the advice and city suggestions. I’ll start working towards 2020/2021 admissions.
I’ve heard about how London is highly overpriced and expensive to live in. Will definitely avoid there for now as a newbie.
sweetmelanin:
Engineering is hot right now in the UK especially in construction (road works and new build homes). So you've definitely got a good chance of finding your feet here.. especially as you're still young and you studied a well sought after course..

If you do decide to come here, avoid London. It's an overpriced cesspool! Also avoid small villages that aren't very diverse.

I'd suggest you consider cities like Essex, Cambridge, Leeds, Southampton or Nottingham.. you will definitely meet young, black, like-minded people in any of these cities.

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Migrating To The UK by sweetmelanin(f): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
RedSparrow:
Thank you very much for the advice and city suggestions. I’ll start working towards 2020/2021 admissions.
I’ve heard about how London is highly overpriced and expensive to live in. Will definitely avoid there for now as a newbie.

Glad I could be of help smiley

(1) (Reply)

Relocating Abroad / Help / Marriage Certificate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.