Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,522,443 members, 5,768,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 August 2020 at 10:00 AM

How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery - Technology Market (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery (4972 Views)

Lifepo4 Battery And Complete Inverter Set-up For Sale / Lifepo4 Battery 12V 450WH Available / 24/7 Friendly Backup Power Plan For Homes And Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery by jmaine: 9:22pm On Jul 16
simydan:

@ jmaine congratulations on you 2.4kWh set up...

This is one active and very determined follower who has got his system procurement of a 48V 50AH smart Lifepo4 battery module and a 1.5kw 60a MPPT hybrid solar inverter through me and with the help of a very reliable nairalander, he was able to install a very reliable system.

Seriously, his solar harvest is really mind blowing as he gets a harvest of 900W to 1.1KW on a sunny day from a 3×350W solar panels. That is about 90% to over 100% of harvest from a 1.050KW solar array...

When he first contacted me, he had in mind to go for a 24V 100AH battery set up but I requested he go for a 48V. Now, He's system runs flawlessly off grid with a very impressive back up time with his estimated load.

You can't get it wrong if you can follow the basics of this thread. Trust me, it will work very well too with lead acid batteries but don't forget to go for quality battery and double capacity to maintain the 50% threshold for lead acid.

Thanks a lot bro grin.. Your assistance was immeasurable to getting me a very functional system .... cool cool
Re: How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery by freshpzy1(m): 12:14am On Jul 17
simydan:

You will need to provide the wattage of each load and intended run time... Say, how long you want the system to run.

As perceived, am guessing it's for a barbing shop. Please quote me if am right.

Yes.......it's for a barbing shop

Just give me a quote that will power 100 watt load for at least 8 hrs. Per day
Re: How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery by simydan(m): 11:34am On Jul 17
jmaine:

Thanks a lot bro grin.. Your assistance was immeasurable to getting me a very functional system .... cool cool

Welcome sir! Always at your service boss cool
Re: How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery by simydan(m): 11:53am On Jul 17
freshpzy1:

Yes.......it's for a barbing shop

Just give me a quote that will power 100 watt load for at least 8 hrs. Per day

Alright:
1. 12V 100AH LFP 150K or 12V 50AH 90K
2. 600w pure sine wave Inverter- 35K
3. 30a mppt CC- 45k
4. 2×300 watts panel- 80k or 2×200 watts panels- 60k
5. Cables, breakers, installation etc... 50k

With this you can be rest assured to run perfectly off grid...
Re: How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery by ojeysky(m): 7:42pm On Jul 17
Cool, can you share your cost as well. What inverter did you go for, hybrid? Which charge controller? How much was your 12v 100AH LFP?

Enjoy your lithium!

simydan:
Okay! It's been quite some time now since I set up my system... System was initially grid dependant and did fantastically well in terms of backup and stability.

Now the system is off grid and still going strong... Though raining seasons are always dark days for off grid set up except for set ups with more than enough solar arrays.

Personally, my 520watts solar array is not bad at all for my design, considering that it's a 12V 100A set up and with the battery able to charge in a short time.

Now, the challenges I currently have is the season. With more cloudy days, my solar array is not enough to compensate for it, so I have to still switch to grid in between and sometimes also boost the battery with grid...

Truth be told! My days without power are over with or without grid supply, I still have something to go through the night.

On a sunny day, battery charging and load run complement well with the generated harvest except for days when battery was drained for more than 50% during the night.

Indeed the advantages of going Lifepo4 can not be over emphasised, starting from: 1. DOD and life cycle, 2. Charging rate and discharge rate, 3. Volume and weight...

My set up 12V 100AH Lifepo4 battery can be related to 12V 200AH set up if using a lead acid battery which is better explained below:

Lifepo4 Battery:
12V 100AH = 1200W or 1.2kWh
Which can be discharged up to 80% or 100%(though, discharging to 100% is not advisable)
You'll also need less solar panels to charge a 1.2kWh bank which translate to less cost of solar panels

Lead Acid Battery:
12V 200AH = 2400W or 2.4kWh
Which is highly recommended to discharge at not more than 50%.
But will need more solar panels to charge a 2.4kWh bank which, translate to more cost of solar panels

With high consumption rate, it's always very difficult to stay within the 50% DOD threshold. That's why Lifepo4 should be the preferred choice as it can with stand abuse of up to 100% DOD and still last longer than it's lead acid counterpart.

Trust me, mine has undergo such abuse. Especially the early days of installation during my load test and it's still standing strong. I doubt how many lead acid will survive that within six months.

So far so good! System is over seven months old and battery is still performing very well...

I guess it's time to help someone build a system too... grin grin grin
Re: How To Set Up A Standard Backup Power Supply With Lifepo4 Battery by FEGEITOK: 12:53pm On Aug 02
How much would a system capable of supplying 600W for 8hours/12 hours nonstop cost?

Thanks in advance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Viecar VC 309 Scanner: Code Display and Interpretation !!! (10k, All Cars ) / 1 Week Used Sony Xperia S For Sale! / Mint Bold 6 For Sale - Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.