Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,948 members, 7,806,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

PDP Matters For Reference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Matters For Reference (933 Views)

You Are Not Voting Pdp But Still Wailing On Pdp Matters / Lagos Mention In Buhari's Interview Not Reference To Tinubu, Says Presidency / #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 6:33am On Nov 18, 2019
Igboblog:
2019 : I Weep For Abians By Wisdom Nwedene (Must Read)

Written by Wisdom Nwedene

Yesterday, pictures of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu branded Tanker distributing free kerosene to people at Umunkpeyi and other locations circulated the social media space.

Many people were seen struggling to get the free kerosene from the tanker.

I was shocked and wept bitterly when I saw the pictures because this is no longer the Abia State I know before.

From Ikpeazu's moves by sharing free kerosene and money to Abians few days to Governorship election, it is crystal clear that he is aware that he has failed the people who entrusted him with power.

I also heard that Ikpeazu said that the dark days are over for the civil servants in Abia State and donated 10 million naira to them.

My question to the civil servants is, will Ikpeazu 10 million naira solve the pains and problems you have been through in the last three and half years?

Let me quickly recall that in the last three and half years, almost all the civil servants in every sector protested over non payments of their salaries.

Let me do flashback, in 2018, the staff of Abia State owned University teaching hospital, Aba protested and cursed Ikpeazu over non-payment of their 9months salary.

The demonstration was staged Inside the premises of the hospital.

Also, in terms of infrastructure, Ikpeazu has not done well.

Let me also draw your mind to the Osisoma Flyover being constructed by Ikpeazu for over three years now.

Despite his promise that the flyover will be completed in January 2019, the truth is that the project has been abandoned.

When it comes to good road, hospital, empowering the farmers, Ikpeazu has not delivered also.

I don't know any reason a true Abia State born should want Ikpeazu to return to the Government House when he has failed to deliver half of the promises he made in 2015.

If you come to Ebonyi State, you will see what Umahi did in terms of infrastructure . He built many flyovers, good roads and empowered farmers. That's what I expected Ikpeazu to do.

Let me make it clear that I'm not from Abia State and didn't receive a dime to pen down this article but as a journalist, I know it is imperative to speak against evils, injustice, hunger, etc when I see them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8937404_img20190307110657_jpeg344d077aaa77a670a015cde12e0a35dd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8937311_fbimg1551906880363_jpeg66c1be60232cccc1d7d86c7035261aed

1 Like

Re: PDP Matters For Reference by helinues: 6:36am On Nov 18, 2019

Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 7:16am On Nov 18, 2019
Obasanjo gives workers a 'living wage'
1 MAY 2000

President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday announced a massive increase in the Nigerian minimum wage to bring levels into line with economic reality, after the level had remained unchanged since 1981.

The new monthly minimum wage will 5 500 naira (about R370) compared to the previous legal minimum of only 250 naira (about R17)

Public sectors workers will receive a monthly minimum of 7 500 naira as against their current minimum of 3 500 naira, which was updated more recently in September 1998.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/obasanjo-gives-workers-a-living-wage-36172

Senate approves N18,000 national minimum wage
FEBRUARY 23, 2011

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/senate-approves-n18000-national-minimum-wage/
Re: PDP Matters For Reference by FakeManna: 8:16am On Nov 18, 2019
[s]
helinues:
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2020
Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2020
Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 3:19pm On May 28, 2021
naptu2:
In recent weeks there has been a campaign by some people who claim that President Olusegun Obasanjo was discriminatory in the appointment of heads of security and safety agencies during his tenure. They claim that he did not appoint people from certain geo-political zones, ethnic groups or religions to head security or safety agencies during his tenure.

See previous threads here

Why Attack Buhari, All IGP During Obasanjo Tenure Were All Yorubas

History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date

Their claim that President Olusegun Obasanjo was discriminatory in the appointment of heads of security and safety agencies during his tenure is obviously false. I believe that those that are making these claims are trying to justify President Buhari's appointments. They usually select just one position and use that as an example (no president can appoint people from every state, zone, religion or ethnic group into just one position), but their claim that President Obasanjo was selective or discriminatory is false and this will be shown by the list below.

I compiled a list of the people that President Obasanjo appointed to head such agencies, but I later deleted the list because I believe that people should be appointed based on merit rather than their state of origin, ethnicity or religion. However, these people have continued to make these false claims, so it's necessary to set the record straight. Here is the list.

Chief of Defence Staff

Admiral Ibrahim Ogohi (Kogi State, Muslim).

General Alexander Ogomudia (Delta State, Christian)

General Martin-Luther Agwai (Kaduna State, Christian)

Chief of Army Staff

Lieutenant General Victor Malu (Benue State, Christian)

Lieutenant General Alexander Ogomudia (Delta State, Christian)

Lieutenant General Martin-Luther Agwai (Kaduna State, Christian)

Lieutenant General Andrew Owoeye Azazi (Bayelsa State, Christian)

Chief of Naval Staff

Vice Admiral Victor Ombu (Bayelsa State, Christian)

Vice Admiral Samuel Afolayan (Kwara State, Christian)

Vice Admiral Ganiyu Adekeye (Kwara State, Muslim)

Chief of Air Staff

Air Marshal Isaac Alfa (Kogi State, Muslim)

Air Marshal Jonah Wuyep (Plateau State, Christian)

Air Marshal Paul Dike (Delta State, Christian)

Inspector General of Police

Musiliu Smith (Lagos State, Muslim)

Tafa Balogun (Osun State, Muslim)

Sunday Ehindero (Ondo State, Christian)

Chief of Defence Intelligence

Vice Admiral Joseph Ajayi (Kogi State, Christian)

Major General Abdulmalik Halidu-Giwa (Niger State, Muslim)

Comptroller General of Customs

Jacob Gyang Buba (Plateau State, Christian)

Comptroller General of Immigration

Lady Uzoamaka Nwizu (Imo State, Christian)

Chukwurah Joseph Udeh (Delta State, Christian)

Comptroller General of Prisons

Abraham Akpe (Benue State, Christian)

Okwara Uche Kalu (Imo State, Christian) (he was acting CG for a year)

Olusola Adigun Ogundipe

National Security Adviser

Rtd Lieutenant General Aliyu Mohammed Gusau (Zamfara State, Muslim)

Rtd Major General Abdullahi Sarki Mukhtar (Kano State, Muslim)

Director General of the SSS

Rtd Colonel Kayode Are (Ekiti State, Muslim)

Director General of the NIA

Ambassador Uche O. Okeke (Anambra State, Christian)

Chairman NDLEA

Iliya Lokadang (Plateau State, Christian)
Bello Lafiaji (Katsina State, Muslim)
Ahmadu Giade (Bauchi State, Muslim)

Chairman EFCC

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (Adamawa State, Muslim)

Commandant General of the NSCDC

Dr Ade Abolurin (Ogun State, Christian)

Corps Marshall of the FRSC

Engr. Abba Kyari Wakilbe (Borno State, Muslim)
Major General Haladu Hananiya (Adamawa State, Christian)
Osita Chidoka (Anambra State, Christian)

Controller General of the Federal Fire Service

Fidelis Ogbogoh (Delta State, Christian)

1 Like

Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2022
SHOCKER: Atiku ‘saved Obasanjo from near bankruptcy’ before 1999

In the book, a copy of which was obtained by TheCable, the authors told of how Obasanjo beat late Alex Ekwueme to the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 1999 election.
>
>
Atiku was reportedly asked to join a team to Ogun to inform Obasanjo that he was going to run for the highest office in the land.

According to the book, “when Atiku and Obasanjo discussed the call to serve as president, Obasanjo said he could not be president because he was a nearly bankrupt ex-convict. Atiku, through General [Aliyu] Gusau, paid money into Obasanjo’s account to begin his financial rehabilitation.

“Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar helped out by granting him an unconditional pardon. Atiku put everything he had at his disposal to support Obasanjo’s emergence as the PDP presidential candidate and, when he joined the ticket as the vice-presidential nominee, continued to make his assets available to Obasanjo and the campaign.

https://www.thecable.ng/shocker-atiku-saved-obasanjo-near-bankruptcy-emerged-president

Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 6:52am On Oct 14, 2022
Fayose & Wike Have Brought Shame To PDP – Ali Sheriff

PDP national chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff gave a statement after his Victory at the appeal court. He said he will restructure the party in such a way that Governors Ayo Fayose and Nyesom Wike cannot contain because they have brought “shame” to the party.

Read what he said below:

“I will engineer a restructuring of the PDP such that characters like Wike and Fayose cannot find a way through to attain any position of prominence in our party in the future. They have brought shame and agony through the application of their crude and godless politics which is at variance with the principles upon which our founding fathers built our great party.

https://www..ng/news/fayose-wike-brought-shame-pdp-ali-sheriff

Re: PDP Matters For Reference by anonimi: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2022
kcmichael:
*N117Billion Fraud: Rivers PDP Governorship Candidate, Sim Fubara shun Ikwere Chiefs and Elders as EFCC Ambushes Him*.

As the 2023 general elections draw closer, consultations and discussions on political parties and her candidates are becoming the concerns to her electorates by the day, including our Chiefs and Elders, Religious Leaders and Ethnic groups. In Rivers State, every patriotic Rivers sons and daughters would wish that the next Governors be properly screened before giving her support . They also wish the elections should be peaceful, free from any violence and altogether fair. These are the the prayers on every lip gravitating towards peace and order in this political season. If politicians were to play by the rules and show some respect for the sanctity of human life, these anxieties about peaceful elections would have been unnecessary. Can our Candidates and incoming Governors be free from crimes, especially financial crimes? Can our politicians exercise firm control over their supporters? These are pertinent questions in the mind of every electorates.

It is obvious that some states like Rivers State may likely attract more than the normal attention of local and international observers. In the case of Rivers state, the signs are already very glaring, because of the antecedents of Mr. Siminialayi Fubara , the governorship flag-bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Rivers state has all eyes on him as the Campaign and elections approach. The entire Rivers People are standing amazed, asking and watching" Will only Wike and Sim defeat a whole Federal agency's (the EFCC) and can't the EFCC bring a wanted looter of our collective resources to book?
The thinking community in the state may be justified in their apprehension because of the style of the man who preferred and imposed a fugitive on the state. Sim Fubara is on EFCC watchlists and he is on the run. He is said to be hiding in the Rivers State Government House for the fears of EFCC.

Well, there are indications that the EFCC has not relent on their search and arrest of Mr. Sim Fubara. Few days ago, Mr. Sim Fubara was ambushes by the EFCC on his way to interacts with the Chiefs and Elders Ikwerre Land. The visits was initiated by the Rivers PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, siminialayi Fubara and was a well publicized event for weeks, but he failed to attend his own event.
It gathered that during the weekend, Sunday 18/9/2022, Sim Fubara again, in course of avoiding arrest by the EFCC, absent himself from his consultations meeting organized with the Ikwere LGA'S PDP Chiefs and Elders. A situation that had angered and raised some concerns among the Chiefs and Elders from the ethnic group as they see it to be a deliberate attempt, unknowing to them that Mr. Sim had already gotten the noticed that he has already been ambushed by the EFCC.

A reliable source closed to one of the chief confirmed how disrespectful and angered they felt when they saw Prof. Ngozi Odu, his Deputy, come down alone. He also narrated how regrettable they felt of all his assurance to be present.
He also confirmed that they used almost two weeks to carried out major publicity's of the events both on print, electronic and traditional medium of communication, Invitation, billboards and banners as well as organizing cultural play as they were compelled to do so by the power that be.

I am sure some of them may not had been of the know or are pretending or doing eyes service to Governor's Wike. Mr. Sim Fubara coming was to interact with the said Chiefs and Elders. Little do they know that the EFCC will get the knowledge of it and ambush the entire areas for the arrest of the wanted PDP Governorship Candidate. And when he finally heard of it, he said "it seem this is a set up by some of these chiefs and Elders that they can not be trusted ". He reluctantly send his Deputy, Prof. Ngozi Odu to represent him .
A situation that is said to be a total disrespectful to the chiefs and Elders, and the entire Ikwere land .

Recalled that on Tuesday June 7, 2022, some supporters of the Rivers State People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Sim Fubara beat up officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on that Tuesday night when EFCC operatives attempted to arrest Mr. Fubara as the chartered plane carrying him and other PDP members landed at the Omagwa Airport in Rivers State from Abuja.
The operatives were beaten as they made to arrest the PDP flag bearer who had gone to Abuja to receive his certificate of return. It was unclear if the anti-graft agency officials suffered serious injuries. The EFCC had declared the PDP candidate wanted over a N117 billion alleged fraud. So the continue ambush on Mr. Sim Fubara by EFCC is a clear indication that he is a wanted Fugitive and can be arrested anytime .
If as just an Accountant General, he embezzled N117Billion, what will happen if he eventually becomes the Governor?
And if Mr. Sim Fubara believes he is innocent, let him go and defend himself so he can be moving Freely to avoid disrespecting our respected Chiefs and Elders.

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Receives World's First Intelligent Gaming Inventor / Crossing Saraki's Red Line: The Unbearable Arrogance / My Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.