Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here (1494 Views)

Sharing Business Idea / Inspiring Success Stories Of Nigerian Entrepreneurs And Role Models / Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2010
PLZ INSPIRE OTHERS VIA SHARING UR BUSINESS SUCCESS STORIES HERE:-

lets have your Grass to Grace business stories/testimonies;

please tell us how u started, your difficulties, and how today you are making it or
in the process of making it.

Lets use this thread to inspire others esp. the young ones who want to enter into business.

cheers

PLEASE NOTE ONLY LEGITIMATE BUSINESS STORIES not 419 & scammers!!!! cool
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by kg(f): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
I've tried my hands on different businesses in Naija and I don't think it's news to say it's been challenging. The challenge of power supply, spending so much on fuel, poor yet expensive internet service, traffic in Lagos and more.

In all these I've learnt:

1.  There is no business that is a do or die affair
2.  To be flexible and observe trends
3.  How to simplify any business I'm involved in, cut unnecessary expenses, maximize profit
4.  To focus on the needs of customers, not force what I think they need on them
5.  To do only what I truly understand and I think the same goes for everbody, don't just go blindly into a business except you have a good  understanding of how it operates. Where necessary get training.

Below are some of my business exploit stories

IMPORT 1
Import for me started when I decided to import laptops, then I couldn’t afford to import a container load so I imported just ten and had it delivered to me here in Nigeria from UK. I didn’t have to travel out to get that done. I would have imported just one if that was all I could afford, it’s a flexible business system. Before buying at all I had already figured out how to sell and sell really fast! That’s why part of what I teach and preach is ‘don’t bring in goods without first knowing how to sell them. First discover a ready market and supply into it.’

I practice what I preach so I applied it and in less than 24hours I had sold all with demand for more! Did I profit? Of course I made a profit of  almost N200,000 on a transaction that took just 10 days in total from start to finish, UK to Nigeria. Now imagine if you are able to make a profit of N200,000 or more every 10 days, that translate to N600k every month. Even if you don’t have much money you also have the option of bringing in cheaper goods with great  demand and good margin. The important thing is anyone can start small and grow big with time, cut your coat according to your material but by all means start!

IMPORT 2
Import business can be done either small scale or on a large scale. I started on a small scale and gradually moved to a large scale where I bring in container load of goods, yet in all of these I’m still growing. I now import cars and make profit of 25%-40%  with a solid business strategy that ensures I’m able to sell off as soon as my goods land. I am someone that doesn’t have the patience to wait forever hoping that customers will locate me. No way! As usual I fashioned out a way to sell off really fast, with potential buyers on standby even before the container arrives the country. And it has been really rewarding with profit of N2million or more on each container!

EXPORT 1
This is a very simple and easy to duplicate business model, I got someone to make lovely beads for me here in Nigeria, sent it to London, sold and made some cool pounds. Note, I didn’t make the beads and I didn’t have to travel down to London yet I made money!

EXPORT 2
I ventured into export due to deep seated interest. For so long in my life I had desired to become an exporter but didn’t have a clue. Because my desire remained intact, with some action, I soon figured it out. I got some free information, paid hundreds of thousand for some vital information and a good part of the knowledge came through practical/execution. I have since shipped several containers of  charcoal outside the country, made cool profit of between N180,000- 250,000 per container ie when I send 4 containers I make profit of  N800,000 average within a period of 6 weeks in all. I have also helped some of my clients to achieve the same result.

I'm an author, written several published articles, also into webdesigning, these I do just for the fun of it so I don't consider it business but that is not to say I don't understand the business potential they carry. Can't do it all.

I'm just a woman of many parts but I understand clearly the things I have chosen to do.

1 Like

Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2010
@ Kg

Thanks for the post; expecting more,
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by blueeagle(f): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
kg, I'm truly inspired by your post and been able to take home some valuable tips, thanks. Can I have your e-mail. Also can you be my mentor?
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2010
@blue eagle

Thank God that u were inspired by `Kg`s testimonies,
Please @Kg ; we will like to contact you.

Cheers
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2010
story story!This is not 100% true
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2010
@olas2u

if you have any reason why the above story is not true while not tell us,
if not forever keep ur month shut .

ok

we are still expecting more testimonies,
plz no scammers

cheers

1 Like

Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2010
They are textbook experiments,in real life business in Nigeria ,its not that easy,he painted a win win situation,thereby given some readers a wrong view about reality of buisness in Nigeria.the figures quoted are not real.They are all this seminar guys.well just observe and learn ,dont tell me me to shut up.
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2010
@ Olas2u

sorry 4 the shut up stuff, now u have made u point.

but have u tried it b4?
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2010
I sent my first container loads of trimings in December 1998 from the city of mumbai to lagos ,we are in 2010 calculate that.i dont need to start painting any picture to you,we need to help ourselves ,people dont have money to start businesses and the little they have,they attend seminars conducted by yahoo consultants who got all what they are talking about from the internet.
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2010
@ Olas2u

Thats gud, thanks
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by Delafruita(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
I startd off my biz wit 8k 3yrs ago while in 300level.am nt where i want yet bt at least my biz is nw a LTD nd growing
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by trend727(f): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
@Ola2u ,

You are very right.

Last November I sent in a 40ft container load to Nigeria, with a Jeep and a Mercedes 220cdi, I struggled to get my money back.

I am not trying to discourage anyone ,just be careful the story above is too good to be true.
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by trend727(f): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
Hello there, here is my story.

A lot of us spend time on the internet, doing nothing.

Some are making money on-line while others are just burning their time and money.

Make good use of your time on line.

I started off using free sites Now I have my websites that generate at least £200 a month doing virtually nothing.

I can show you how I got started.

1. Get a free website ( there are a lot that do not put advert on your pages)
( I can help you to register this and also build your website)

You will be able to manage your website yourself. Very easy, if you know how to use microsoft word.

2. Register with Google for the Google Ad sense( Can help you with this also)

This will allow you to place google advert on your website, so that when your visitors click on these advert you get paid by google.

3. Your only job is to invite people to your website

( your task is to get traffic to your site)

Do not invest any money on it. You have nothing to lose.
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2010
let me start by thanking the following that have contributed:-
Kg
olas2u
Delafruita
trend727

ur experiences are gud for us the younger ones, you knw one major problem with Nigerians is the act of jumping into business without knwing wht it takes.
thats why we have alot of uncomplete projects & businesses because business details are always missing.

from all the stories above including the successful ones & the chanllenging ones; i feel young Nigerians need to go for detail; weather it involves paying for it ( though all these serminar people these days, most are just COPY-CAT without practical experience just looking for their belly meals)

we need more; plz dont forget to tell us the real thing just like "OLAS2u & trend 727"

dont sugar coat it; I beleive no business success comes without a sweat; all these come & u will make 100K naira without sweat should be 4rm SCAMMERS.

cheers

expecting more grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by SetuYara: 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
I know people are doubting kg's post. But her post is rock solid and her advice is very sound that it's clear to those that really know that she must be speaking from experience.

It's true that many have failed, but if you have followed the advice she outlined, you would have succeeded!

KG, thanks for sharing your experiences, very solid post!
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2010
up "Kg"

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by kg(f): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2010
blue eagle:

kg, I'm truly inspired by your post and been able to take home some valuable tips,  thanks. Can I have your e-mail. Also can you be my mentor?

The easiest way to reach me is on phone 08181411557. You can ask any business related question and I will gladly answer to the best of my knowledge.

olas2u:

They are textbook experiments,in  real life business in Nigeria ,its not that easy,he painted a win win situation,thereby given some readers a wrong view about reality of buisness in Nigeria.the figures quoted are not real.They are all this seminar guys.well just observe and learn ,dont tell me me to shut up.

First I'm not a guy, I am a female, I'm an ordinary, regular, everyday girl.

Secondly I'm not sure you read this part of my post

I've tried my hands on different businesses in Naija and I don't think it's news to say it's been challenging. The challenge of power supply, spending so much on fuel, poor yet expensive internet service, traffic in Lagos and more.

In all these I've learnt:

1.  There is no business that is a do or die affair
2.  To be flexible and observe trends
3.  How to simplify any business I'm involved in, cut unnecessary expenses, maximize profit
4.  To focus on the needs of customers, not force what I think they need on them
5.  To do only what I truly understand and I think the same goes for everbody, don't just go blindly into a business except you have a good  understanding of how it operates. Where necessary get training.

trend727:

@Ola2u ,

You are very right.

Last November I sent in a 40ft container load to Nigeria, with a Jeep and a Mercedes 220cdi, I struggled to get my money back.

I am not trying to discourage anyone ,just be careful the story above is too good to be true.

Anybody can be an importer/exporter what sets you apart is your business strategy. I am not surprised you struggled to get your money back infact I would have been too shocked if you said otherwise. Be 100% sure of how to sell, recover your money and make profit before you send anything to Naija. Outside this don't bother, no business is a do or die affair!

I never imagined I could go into auto import business, I hated it with reason. Each time I move along Ikorodu road, Agege motor road and other parts of Lagos where we have car dealers and the usual "for sale" sign, I shudder! I tell myself this is one business I don't want to try, I don't have the patience to wait day in day out, weeks, months hoping one buyer would eventually show up. I felt the market was saturated already, slow sales in an obviously bad economy. Besides most of the successful ones are well connected and they know how to sell to their who is who network of friends.

How did it start?

My friend and business partner of many years went into auto business, importation of cars from US. I tried discouraging him but he went ahead and as expected selling and getting his money was a problem especially since he was now more in US than Naija. He relied on his many contacts and several friends in the corporate world. There was demand even before the vehicles got into the country but by the time the containers were cleared and reality did set in some of them started telling stories. After about a year of frustration he sold all somehow, didn't get his entire money blah blah blah!

As expected during this period I told him 'didn't I tell you not to do it?'

He told me firmly he was not going to abandon the business, he was convinced there was something in it for him he only needs to get a few things right. This is one guy I hold in high esteem when it comes to business and financial integrity but this time around we disagreed so much on his new found love and since my money was not involved, I left him.

We talked and still talk almost everyday on phone (even today) we never discussed the car business issue again for over a year until I was thinking of the next business to do that he informed me of  the progress he made so far and it was hard to believe. His only error was the first time, he figured out a way to sell his cars as soon as they land the country without delay, without gbese! He explained to me in details and I got really interested and told him I'll give it a try. Of course I still had slight doubt and fear in me then (it's only natural, it's a road I've not walked before) but deep down I knew he was very convincing and from experience, he's someone I can trust.

My main reason for not having interest in the first place was not knowing how to sell fast and ensure I'm not owed, I don't have the patience to wait forever or start calling somebody up to pay my money.

I later tried it and today the rest is history. It's all about what you know and your implementation. I didn't need to reinvent the wheel, didn't need to make his previous mistakes, the platform was set and I CHOSE to step on stage, easy, simple!

Above all I don't really care whether someone believes or not, it's not important. The fact that you tear December off your calendar does not mean others (including you) won't experience it!

Point 1-5 above explains my style in business, I don't do what I don't understand and I will never import anything until I am double sure of how to sell, not just sell but sell really fast because I know my nature, I don't have the patience to sell slowly.

What works for me might not work for you. One thing I know for sure and you can quote me anytime any day "Business is a Process, Business is a System."

You mentioned Adsense which is really good but I think there should be 1b just before your no2. which is ensure there is enough content on the site then proceed to no2.

Reason is google will turn you down if you don't have enough content on your site. Of course you can always re-apply once you get it right but why not get it right the first time. The only time content won't count is in adsense for domain which is something like this http://www.refinancingzone.info
The good part is once your adsense account has been approved you won't need to apply each time you have a new site. You cross the hurdle just once.

I didn't share this before because I didn't want it to look like I know too much since others would be sharing. I've known about Google Adsense since 2005 and I have nothing less than 20 adsense sites and have also taught the youths around me how to set up theirs for free. I design all my sites both adsense and non adsense sites myself. Money making with adsense just like any other business is a process, the results don't come overnight but with consistency it grows. By the way Nairaland makes money from adsense.

Finally I didn't start this thread SHARE BUSINESS SUCCESS STORIES, I only obeyed the thread with my post.

1 Like

Re: Plz Inspire Others Via Sharing Business Success Stories Here by favinvest: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2010
@ Kg

Madam Kg;

Thats another great one; u are too much abi na seven much.

You sound so confident of what you knw; Thanks once again for the reply.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

expecting more from people with facts ( like "madam Kg"wink but not theories

cheers

Up "madam Kg"

(1) (Reply)

Orient Refinery Fully Operational End Of 2012, Says Anyaoku / Red Bull Drink Owner Dies / What Profitable Business Can I Trade With N200,000 With A Very Good Return ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.