Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria (10488 Views)

Food Inflation Under President Tinubu / Cost Of Feeding Worsens As Food Inflation Hits 32.84% / Food Inflation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by PapaBaby: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
anonimi:

We die here all for this next level.
No more London for the baba of the other room.
He can't abandon us in the misery he created. No more.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3773720_c_jpegb64ec3ea372d1d8674886470b02116de

The great anonimi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Wanity(m): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by anonimi: 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by daleehat: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
It is normal for a Nation that's on course to achieve food security and self sufficient and sustainability. Let's bear the brunt now It is for our own good
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
nameo:

SHUT ya mouth tha, young chap.

Blaming the victims but not the oppressors.

Poor attempt at propaganda.

Ur mum, and dad you mea. (at the shut yha mouth)
Idiod jkod iwa
I dont have time to be cultured around dumb folks that lack intellectual acumen for scintillating discus..
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by juman(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
One Nigeria is absolute failure.

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by nlPoster: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Are you sure it's not for Christmas @ op.

Interesting picture btw.
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by anonimi: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
sheguy:
Keep it coming. Buhari people una never see anything. We all die here together.

Let me see if I can find one of them grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2329446_2310894imageedit25559604097jpeg6207133cb2251c60c0d3e307c28d235c_jpeg43e795ffbb3dd3fc428ae16fab3b0fbd

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by juman(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nigerians are suffering so much.
What is the way out of this mess of a country?

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by anonimi: 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by daleehat: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

it would gradualy drop, it is expected as we readjust to becoming self sufficient and look inwards rather than relying on foriengners to feed us

I wonder why some Idiots are Celebrating and calling Buhari's name..
You can't help this children of perdition who are yet to move one with their lives since 2015. The Jonathan they are dying for is now working For APC in BayeLsa so I don't know why this numbskull across the Niger River won't ever Learn

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Only in Nigeria that during festive period like Christmas, food stuffs and prices of essential commodities will skyrocket undecided
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by 4lorunsho(m): 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
Do you need a video for your ankara, perfume or clothing business. Contact me on the number below or check me on social media for the creativity
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by FakeManna: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
[s][s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

it would gradualy drop, it is expected as we readjust to becoming self sufficient and look inwards rather than relying on foriengners to feed us

I wonder why some Idiots are Celebrating and calling Buhari's name..

[/s][/s]
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by efighter: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
PapaBaby:
Next Level.
I hope Next Level crew have a different market to ours. If you have to buy your goods in the same market as us, then you people shot yourselves in the foot.

Pele, former level crew. We shot you on the head not on the foot.
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Stillthebest: 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:
The cause of cood inflation in Nigeria is nothing but greed.
And we Nigerians help support inflation hoping to make life harder for people that voted a particular candidate.. Not knowing that we are making life hard for us.

I went to buy tiger head battery that is 100naira, the seller said its 250 because of closed border, how does border affect battery ? Did they also smuggle in battery through cotonou or is it banned
. Mstewww, I left him and met another that sold his own hapily for 100box..
Truth is, we go to market and even water leaf seller will increase price and blame on border.
Sufficing we keep on buying, the inflation will keep up increasing and never reduce, but if we ignored them and looked for a seller that sold it with normal price or mild increase, the others would jus go back to normal price, instead of risking not making sale,

The inflation we suffer is very artificial and caused by the many needles middle men we have... Tomorrow, Buhari will leave, but the price of commodities we increased, to spite people against him will never leave or decrease.

kiss

Not saying you are totally wrong tho, some ppl explore opportunities in Ng to inflate prices. And no reason a product that a sold at #100 everywhere should be sold #250 when it is not a supermarket. It is purely greed and many sellers are culpable ans guilty of this; and it is becayse market price in Ng isnt regulated. For over 20 yrs a price of an electric bulb still remains the same in the USA.
Hence, if you are a student of economics, you would understand what effect a policy can have on an economy both in positive and negative terms.

Example, if you buy fuel #100 per a litre as a Barber or your electric bills is #5000 per month, all of a sudden a Govt comes in, increases the same electric tarrif from #5k to #9k, and pump Price from #100 to #200 per a ltr.

Do you need anyone to tell you that u won't be able to renew your rent if, you still cut peoples hair at #200 you used to do it before the hike?

That's an effect of a policy.
Nigeria needs a price regulatory board that works. And before a Govt should bring a policy, there must be a palliative measure for it. You don't just wake up one day and bring a policy when the institutional approach is wrong.

This among others are the institutions we expect Buhari to come and strengthen. Set a palpable and robust platform, make infiltration of Nigerian standards almost impossible, set a protocol in the Govt that any succeeding Govt won't be able to tamper with, create modern farm settlements with minor amenities, cede farming to the state govts n then to local govts to a compulsion, create a viable environment for art word to reduce totally the issue of piracy(art is the second employer of labour in nigeria today...then, these would be a platform laudable enough for any incoming Govt to build on.

We are not moving. The only growths we enjoy are the ones that come with the aging of a nation.
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
sheguy:
Keep it coming. Buhari people una never see anything. We all die here together.

You will not die with them In Jesus Name , only Buharis supporter will die there with him

2 Likes

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Detour00: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you are concerned about food inflation o r what ever you call it, produce your own food and use it to crash the price of food
rodeo0070:

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/11/18/october-2019-annual-inflation-rate-rises-to-11-61-as-food-inflation-jumps-to-14-09-amid-border-closure/
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by gly(m): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
Stillthebest:

kiss

Not saying you are totally wrong tho, some ppl explore opportunities in Ng to inflate prices. And no reason a product that a sold at #100 everywhere should be sold #250 when it is not a supermarket. It is purely a greed and many sellers are culpable becayse market price in Ng isnt regulated. For over 20 yrs a price of an electric bulb still remains the same in the USA.
Hence, if you are a student of economics, you would understand what effect a policy can have on an economy both in positive and negative terms.

Example, if you buy fuel #100 per a litre as a Barber or your electric bills is #5000 per month, all of a sudden a Govt comes in, increases the same electric tarrif from #5k to #9k, and pump Price from #100 to #200 per a ltr.

Do you need anyone to tell you that u won't be able to renew your rent if, you still cut peoples hair at #200 you used to do it before the hike.

That's an effect of a policy.
Nigeria needs a price regulatory board that works. And before a Govt should bring a policy, there must be a palliative measure for it. You don't just wake up one day and bring a policy when the institutional approach is wrong.

Thanks for your sound reasoning with well articulated points. This is a product of reasoning with the brain not with the anus as somebody just did all in the bid of trying to defend Buhari and his bad economic policy. Shame on them!!!
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:
And we Nigerians help support inflation hoping to make life harder for people that voted a particular candidate.. Not knowing that we are making life hard for us.

I went to buy tiger head battery that is 100naira, the seller said its 250 because of closed border, how does border affect battery ? Did they also smuggle in battery through cotonou or is it banned
Truth is, we go to market and even water leaf seller will increase price and blame on border.
Sufficing we keep on buying, the inflation will keep up increasing and never reduce, but if we ignored them and looked for a seller that sold it with normal price or mild increase, the others would jus go back to normal price, instead of risking not making sale,

The inflation we suffer is very artificial and caused by the many needles middle men we have... Tomorrow, Buhari will leave, but the price of commodities we increased, to spite people against him will never leave or decrease.

You are correct, people make things worse.

But you see that border closure of a thing? I love that it is closed.

The duty pain on imported products in Benin is far cheaper than what is paid in Nigeria.

Majority of importers now use Benin to do most of their businesses. From cars to even toothpicks and then smuggle it through the land boarders.

So, that man telling you that the increase in the price of the tiger head battery is because of border closures might actually be correct.

My only concern is that our leadership is so corrupt that even after gathering all those revenues from imports, the money will still not be used for the good of the masses, it ends up being looted.

You see that water leaf seller? They are correct to increase the prices, you know why?

Because she will sell that water leaf to buy rice that she will eat, but a cup of rice that she normally buys for N50 is no longer sold for N50,it is now N100. We do not need a soothsayer to tell us what that water leaf seller must do so as to survive. She automatically increases the price of her water leaf so that she can afford rice, and then because water price has increased, a palm oil seller needs to increase the cost of her palm oil so as to buy water leaf, and then it goes round and round and round. The chain reaction continues to a point when the food prices are all increased and the local bus driver realizes that the transport fares he charges cannot put food on his table anymore, he will increase the price of transport and then it also goes on and on to a landlord who could no longer afford food and transportation because of increased prices, he will then increase rent so as to meet up.

One single mistake can affect everything in this country. I support the border closures but I also would be happy if it’s benefits will be used to betterment of this nation and not looted.
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Cantonese: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

It is either you are still in school and getting fed by your parents or you are unemployed and getting fed by your family or you are employed yet dependent on your family, without even knowing how a man runs a house or you are a blind follower.

How can you blame the people for wrong policy decisions taken by government? Are the people to be blamed for herdsmen who ravaged lands? The decision to devalue the naira was taken by the people? Or the current border closure waa the decision of the people to embarrass the government.

Stand in front of a mirror, look at your self and tell yourself that something is wrong with you.

Keep following and see where it will lead you.

Jagbajantis intete person.
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by MisterGrace: 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

Lies
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Ofemmanu1: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
May ogun punish cow and all kunu sipping basterrrd...
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
....and the next evil just begun!

By the time the redundant coupist is done with the shithole, nigerians will be queueing for somali visa!
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by namiji2598: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

I might not be a economic student neithet an art students, but u should know that the closing of border must have an impact on prices if commodities, these local products serves as an alternative to the foreign products, and the absence of these foreign implies the demand for local products rices, and also leads to scarcity of products, hence must directly increases the price of local products

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
nameo:

SHUT ya mouth tha, young chap.

Blaming the victims but not the oppressors.

Poor attempt at propaganda.

no mind the idiot.shifting blames to the wrong group just to be accepted .
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by namiji2598: 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
RZArecta2:
But there’s rice in Kano na
are u in kano?
Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by gabicon: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
The solution is simple, open the borders. the reason for the inflation rise is that demand for food is high, and the supply of food is low. it's not only rice we eat we eat other imported things like fish, chicken, turkey etc. If the price of fish increases the tomato seller will have to increase the price of tomato to be able to afford fish. The closure of the borders is hogwash, the presidents of all the countries need to sit together and discuss the modalities of trade.

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria by naijapips04: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

Typical APC supporters and their reasoning. Because the person that sells battery would not go to the market to buy the inflated food item for himself and his family? Where do you expect him to get the money to feed his family ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook / What Is Or Should Be Nigeria's Official National Dish? / Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.