Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Beef Mongolian Rice Does To You - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Beef Mongolian Rice Does To You (530 Views)

Do You Still Eat Bitter Kola? Here Are What It Does To Your Body / WOW! Cheap Assorted meat, Goat Meat & Beef it doesn't get cheaper than this. / Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Beef Mongolian Rice Does To You by Smilingkemi(f): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2019
Do you have a weekend habit of driving around looking for restaurants to try out? Sometimes you just want to be pampered and treated special. Well, there’s always something new to try in Lagos with eateries and bars. Sometimes when I think I’ve known so many restaurants, I discover a new place and its really great to know how Lagos is evolving with new restaurants with different delicacies daily.

I had the opportunity of visiting an amazing spot over the weekend and I’m totally in love with the ambiance of the place

I visited [https://sugarcane.ng/][SUGARCANE]. Don't worry its not the sugarcane we all eat. Sugarcane is a restaurant in VI situated at 6B Ologun Agbaje St, Victoria Island, Lagos.

If you are looking for a very sweet, quiet & warm cozy vibe the restaurant's ambiance will set the mood. The lush potted plants and furniture made me feel so relaxed. I must say I love the setting in Sugarcane. The restaurant’s indoor space is wide and pretty comfortable.

Did I mention that there’s space for parking also? The security was polite on my arrival. It felt like the queen had arrived. Lol!

Upon entry, I spotted the beautiful garden so I took a tour around before settling down to eat (would get to that part soon, don’t worry). I went all the way to where the backyard lounge was. They really have lovely views for pictures. The backyard is an open wide space with a huge tree. Friday nights, the lounge is always bubbling. What I found most attractive going to the backyard lounge was the garden with well-decorated plants. The display of different shades of light around the plants was so colorful and beautiful at night. I had no choice but to take some shots.

The staff was very welcoming. We had complimentary cinnamon popcorn although I didn’t taste out of it but my friend did. That was so cool, makes you feel at home to relax. After taking my seat, the waiter came and dropped the menu with me. I looked through the menu as I wasn’t sure of what to order and I wanted to try something new. While asking the waiter for the particular choice of food I chosed, he was honest. It shows they knew their menu well. I was impressed as his feedback was exactly how I felt about the meal.

So I started my food journey first with the desert. I went for Pinnacolada while my friend went for Mixed Berry Smoothie. It tasted fresh and sweet. I enjoyed every bit of it. I also took a sip of the mixed berry smoothie and it was nice too. That’s not all, my Entree was Beef Mongolian Rice. Its Beef fillet served with rice noodles, cabbage and carrots tossed in a sweet and slightly spicy sauce. Wasn’t spicy enough for me though. What Beef Mongolian rice does to you; it makes your taste buds yearn for more. It was so tasty. My friend had Louisiana Chicken Pasta. Its Penne tossed in creamy mushroom sauce served in herb-breaded chicken breast. I tasted it and it was really creamy and yummy too.

Sugarcane Experience: Overall it was an amazing experience. A lady came with her friend to celebrate her birthday and it was so nice. Everything was in place.

Value for Money: Comes in large portions but not so cheap.
Louisiana Chicken Pasta –5300
Beef Mongolian – 5300
Mixed Berry Smoothie – 3000
Pinnacolada Smoothie - 3000

Comfort: 4/5 Really really comfortable. Its warm and cozy.

Customer Service; 4/ 5 Swift customer service. Each waiter knows the menu well. Really impressive.

Recommendation:

If you’re looking for a serene, quiet <a href="https://smilingkemi.com/categories/cool-spots/">spot</a> to go on a date, celebrate your birthday or have dinner with friends I recommend this spot.

See more; https://smilingkemi.com/my-sugarcane-experience/

(1) (Reply)

Please, Is This Monitor Lizard? / Big Snake Killed In My Area Tonight / Spicy Egg Sauce And Bread Challenge (food Series Episode 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.