Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Someone Help (car Issues) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Someone Help (car Issues) (2870 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Help (car Issues) by hesilo(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
I am so angry right now but i just want you opinion before i would do the unthinkable.

My younger brother saved up 2million naira to buy a car Corolla X(2007), truth is that he did not tell me before he made the decision of sending someone to lagos to buy the car, however he said he build trust because the guys (buyer) is a colleague and he bought a corolla 2010 for a colleague reason he gave him the money.

Reaching to Lagos according to him, he said he called the said man severally and it was difficult for him to pick his calls, when he does pick, he would say that there is no network or that he is charging his phone. Ok...send pictures of the cars you have seen he didn't. We tried even by video calling him, he never answered any of the video calls. The 3 cars he sent the pictures where by the roadside, this is someone that has 2million naira with him o. We espected to see him take pictures around car dealerships.

To cut the whole story short, the man came back with one of the pictures of the cars he sent only one picture of after several pleas for him to send more of the pictures so as to ascertain wether to make decision or not(picture attached). Findings after the car touched down PH on sunday were as follows;

1. The car is a badly repainted one. Whoever did the repainting did a terrible job that even other parts of the car had spill over paints on them
2. The driver's window does not wind smoothly, it drags itself up/down.
3. The car has an unclean interior, like a car that just left mechanic, nothing so neat about it
4. Dash board is so nothing to write home about, so scratched and old
5. Opened the bonnet and found sprayed paints on eventally every other parts of the components there.
6. The car did not come with alloy wheels for a car of 2million naira
7. The car does not have a spare key for a car of that amount.
8. The central lock does not work. you have to come down and lock all the does one after the other for a new car.
9. He claims the car is direct tokumbo(which we actually wanted) but that very one looks not it and disgusting
10. The engine has a sharp whistle as you drive which increases and decreases as it revs up/down
11. There is this noisy sound from the hubs which you can hear as you drive, which he's saying you can change hub that it is not a problem, for a new car of 2million naira, someone is changing hub again.

After all this discovery at test run, we gave him back the car for him to resell and give us back our money as we are rejecting and have nothing to do with that car or he brings us another car.

My question is how do i know if the car has been registered in this country before, cos i suspected the car is a nigerian used car as the smell of foregin something doesn't even attack you as you open the doors.

I am so angry now, i might render some children fatherless. People are so mean in this country.

NB: He was given accormodation money, 50k for the movement, feeding money for 2days. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Ofemmanu1: 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Campaign after election.

We have trusted professionals in NL Auto section who will save you from this kind mofos buy running checks and scan for chikinni money/ free sef but you and your bro still plays dumb.
The thing dey pain me pass you sef.
Why una no follow am go Lagos?
Why you no enter Cars45.com?!
Clean Corolla wey you go get for 1.5m, the basterrd go buy rubbish for 2m.

Just arrest the guy sharparly..

Give police 20k, or give AKA 50k to terminate the basterrrd.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Snowkel(m): 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
Ofemmanu1:
Campaign after election.

We have trusted professionals in NL Auto section who will save you from this kind mofos buy running checks and scan for chikinni money/ free sef but you and your bro still plays dumb.

Humans can be wicked sha, maybe you should check the VIN, you should be able to get some history about the car, but from all what you said, I ain't sure that car is direct tokunbo.
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by hesilo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
Snowkel:

Humans can be wicked sha, maybe you should check the VIN, you should be able to get some history about the car, but from all what you said, I ain't sure that car is direct tokunbo.
I swear to God that car aint' direct tokumbo. It's a thing of changed parts and repaint. I am so mad at my brother that he did not involve me at this until it was this late. But i might send that dude to his early grave tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by CarGuideNG: 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
hesilo:

I swear to God that car aint' direct tokumbo. It's a thing of changed parts and repaint. I am so mad at my brother that he did not involve me at this until it was this late. But i might send that dude to his early grave tho...he's so testing me, i bet even when i do so, i would post his corpse here on NL for people to read his news.

Hello Sir

Apologies for the unpleasant experience.

Send us the vehicle VIN, a comprehensive history report would be an important place to start.

No charge for the service.

https:///+2347011116171

Details below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10596382_screenshot20191119172339chrome_jpeg98ce77872821b62c4e46320fd63b43c1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10596342_731bfa2bd79c46f09d8be142bcdf8206_jpeg_jpege34e13b1784a88a2c6f442c67517c889

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10596343_61f40fd64de3497aaee220bf9dcbae37_jpeg_jpeg4a3659898962f3b4c8fcc959c4fbe73c

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by nurey(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
hesilo:

I swear to God that car aint' direct tokumbo. It's a thing of changed parts and repaint. I am so mad at my brother that he did not involve me at this until it was this late. But i might send that dude to his early grave tho...he's so testing me, i bet even when i do so, i would post his corpse here on NL for people to read his news.

Oga calm down, it is just a car, your very first one and your brother would buy more after this. It is a first experience which is bad but not the end of the world.

My submission goes thus, a bird(Corolla) in hand is worth 12 in the bush. Check to confirm if the vehicle isn't stolen, if it isn't thank your stars fix the car and sell at a loss and learn your lesson or

fix the car and use it for sometime and see the outcome

As for the friend who stab you at the back

if you are a Muslim, 3 consecutive fast and midnight prayer is all you need to pay him back

if you are Christian night vigil is what you need to pay him back

if you are a traditionalist just read his chapter to "aye lala"

if you are an atheists leave it to karma.

grin

don't go and kill pesin papa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by pek(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
One question I keep asking, why can't you import the car yourself or look for someone who can to help you.
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
Aren't there any car dealers around you? Why did you have to come all the way to Lagos to get a car. Well the deed has been done.
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Eddee(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
This is sad, very sad. Count your losses and move on.

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by hesilo(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
pek:
One question I keep asking, why can't you import the car yourself or look for someone who can to help you.
If i had the money i wouldn't even bother sending somebody. I'd move around town and buy anything that pleases me.

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by hesilo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
Aren't there any car dealers around you? Why did you have to come all the way to Lagos to get a car. Well the deed has been done.
He decided to go to lagos he felt there would be varieties and cars over there would even be cheaper as they said. This whole thing is so annoying and frustrating. It's not directly me but i get mad thinking about it cos the person in question is my Lil bro. When i bought mine i walked in a dealership and bought, why he never told me is still a wonder to me up till this minute angry

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Rubbiish(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Ofemmanu1:
Campaign after election.

2007 corolla sport for 1.5m?

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Rubbiish(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2019
hesilo:

Check d custom papers to know when d car entered d country
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by mejai(m): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2019
Abeg kill d guy so that others will learn through the hard way. To many thieves in dis country.
But if you no fit kill am, lick ur wounds and move on.

This kind thing eh, anytime or anywhere u see the nonsense man, e go dey pain u.
people wicked o
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by MedicH: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hmmm how people fall pray into the hands of crooks baffles me
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by udemzyudex(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ofemmanu1:
Campaign after election.

Read and understand before you start accusing him,he said his brother didn't tell him,so which one is campaign after election?
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by fabienjoe: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
mejai:
Abeg kill d guy so that others will learn through the hard way. To many thieves in dis country.
But if you no fit kill am, lick ur wounds and move on.

This kind thing eh, anytime or anywhere u see the nonsense man, e go dey pain u.
people wicked o

Please, Stop. Killing someone is not a joke, even in a faceless forum like this one..

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by fabienjoe: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
nurey:

Oga calm down, it is just a car, your very first one and your brother would buy more after this. It is a first experience which is bad but not the end of the world.

My submission goes thus, a bird(Corolla) in hand is worth 12 in the bush. Check to confirm if the vehicle isn't stolen, if it isn't thank your stars fix the car and sell at a loss and learn your lesson or

fix the car and use it for sometime and see the outcome

As for the friend who stab you at the back

if you are a Muslim, 3 consecutive fast and midnight prayer is all you need to pay him back

if you are Christian night vigil is what you need to pay him back

if you are a traditionalist just read his chapter to "aye lala"

if you are an atheists leave it to karma.

grin

don't go and kill pesin papa

Good Advice
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by hesilo(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
computerglobal:
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle....

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around.....

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9819253_20190630123201_jpeg4ce4fbc27f7585fd9c126b1683d30501

1 Share

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Ofemmanu1: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
Rubbiish:

2007 corolla sport for 1.5m?

Yes, you amazed??!
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Rubbiish(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ofemmanu1:

Yes, you amazed??!
Oga u Can't get a good toks 07 corolla for 1.5m
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Ofemmanu1: 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
Rubbiish:

Oga u Can't get a good toks 07 corolla for 1.5m
It's your biased opinion, it ain't a fact.
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Rubbiish(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ofemmanu1:

It's your biased opinion, it ain't a fact.
Show me any 07 corolla selling for 1.5m and i will tell u it is a naija used one. Ur type make first timers to lose money in d process of buying cars, because u post unrealistic figures

1 Like

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by Frankdamaxx(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
Sad.
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by princejones(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Post the VIN for carguideng to help you out
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by computerglobal(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
hesilo:

2007 Toyota Corolla CE / LE / S
VIN: 1NXBR32E77Z892979

Pre-Purchase Images(Auction)

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by computerglobal(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2019

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by computerglobal(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
Vehicle History Report

Op pls contact for full vehicle history report

Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by adanny01(m): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
hesilo:
I am so angry right now but i just want you opinion before i would do the unthinkable.

My younger brother saved up 2million naira to buy a car Corolla X(2007), truth is that he did not tell me before he made the decision of sending someone to lagos to buy the car, however he said he build trust because the guys (buyer) is a colleague and he bought a corolla 2010 for a colleague reason he gave him the money.

Reaching to Lagos according to him, he said he called the said man severally and it was difficult for him to pick his calls, when he does pick, he would say that there is no network or that he is charging his phone. Ok...send pictures of the cars you have seen he didn't. We tried even by video calling him, he never answered any of the video calls. The 3 cars he sent the pictures where by the roadside, this is someone that has 2million naira with him o. We espected to see him take pictures around car dealerships.

To cut the whole story short, the man came back with one of the pictures of the cars he sent only one picture of after several pleas for him to send more of the pictures so as to ascertain wether to make decision or not(picture attached). Findings after the car touched down PH on sunday were as follows;

1. The car is a badly repainted one. Whoever did the repainting did a terrible job that even other parts of the car had spill over paints on them
2. The driver's window does not wind smoothly, it drags itself up/down.
3. The car has an unclean interior, like a car that just left mechanic, nothing so neat about it
4. Dash board is so nothing to write home about, so scratched and old
5. Opened the bonnet and found sprayed paints on eventally every other parts of the components there.
6. The car did not come with alloy wheels for a car of 2million naira
7. The car does not have a spare key for a car of that amount.
8. The central lock does not work. you have to come down and lock all the does one after the other for a new car.
9. He claims the car is direct tokumbo(which we actually wanted) but that very one looks not it and disgusting
10. The engine has a sharp whistle as you drive which increases and decreases as it revs up/down
11. There is this noisy sound from the hubs which you can hear as you drive, which he's saying you can change hub that it is not a problem, for a new car of 2million naira, someone is changing hub again.

After all this discovery at test run, we gave him back the car for him to resell and give us back our money as we are rejecting and have nothing to do with that car or he brings us another car.

My question is how do i know if the car has been registered in this country before, cos i suspected the car is a nigerian used car as the smell of foregin something doesn't even attack you as you open the doors.

I am so angry now, i might render some children fatherless. People are so mean in this country.

NB: He was given accormodation money, 50k for the movement, feeding money for 2days. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Sorry for the terrible experience.

You should not have rejected or returned the car as am afraid you may not see that car again or the money. You should have encouraged him to count his losses save up and try again.

My neighbor did that and he never got a dime thereafter.
Re: Someone Help (car Issues) by sooperrescue(m): 3:40am On Nov 20, 2019
hesilo:

Kill him over a Toyota that robbers love to vandalise? And you are over pained about the transaction. Your brother confided in someone else when he knew you were there. Collect the car and count your loses. I once helped someone buy a 2012 range rover sport and his boys confused the man not to buy after he had paid for it. He called me and said he does not want it again and I should go and sell it and give him his 12m. With SARS involved, I collected the car and put a special number and started using the car in Lagos. After 6 months, SARS called begging me to return the car and that the man has finally agreed to pick up the car. Collect the car and move on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Cars Used In Nigeria And Their Specifications. / FREE Paint Job For 1 Lucky Nairalander. / The Making & Installation Of A DIY Illuminated Benz Logo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.