Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Bayelsa, Kogi Polls: Akeredolu Congratul­ates Bello, Lyon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa, Kogi Polls: Akeredolu Congratul­ates Bello, Lyon (259 Views)

Tinubu Demands Fairness In Bayelsa, Imo, Kogi Polls / INEC Publishes Number Of Collected PVC Ahead Of Bayelsa, Imo And Kogi Polls / Election: INEC Confirms Numbers Of Registered Voters For Imo, Bayelsa Kogi Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa, Kogi Polls: Akeredolu Congratul­ates Bello, Lyon by Ashleyeniwin(f): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bayelsa, Kogi Polls: Akeredolu Congratul­ates Bello, Lyon

The Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Ol­uwarotimi Odunayo Ak­eredolu, SAN, has congratulated his Kogi state counterpart, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, on his re-election for another term in office.

He also congratulated the governor-elect of Baylesa State, Chief David Lyon, over his victory in the just concluded Bayel­sa governorship election.

Mr. Governor, while expressing delight over the outcome of the exercise, equally congratulated the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the wonderful outing at the two elections.

Governor Akeredolu said:”The outcomes of the elections in the two states have once again deepened the APC in the hearts of the people. It is particularly heart-warming that my good friend and brother, Al­haji Yahaya Bello, is returning as govern­or of Kogi State. I congratulate him and wish him all the best as he continues to lead the good people of Kogi state.

"For Chief David Lyo­n, the governor-elect of Bayelsa state, his emergence is a major turning point. Although Edo state had blazed the trail for long, the journey to plant the seeds of our great party in the Niger-Delta has not been easy, understandably.

"But the Bayelsa feat is a great leap. All those who toiled to bring to fruition this comforting berth deserve commendation. This, undoubtedly, is the needed elixir for our great party to take firm roots in the Niger-Delta.

"Much as I savour this enthralling moment, the real victory belongs to those who sacrificed their time and energy for the successful conduct of the two elections.

"Most profoundly therefore, I specially salute and commend the quality leadership individually provided by my good friends and brothers, Governor Nasir el-Rufai and Governor Abubakar Badaru of Kaduna and Jigawa states respectively.

"As Chairmen of the APC National Campaign Councils for the two elections, they displayed their usual dexterity on all fronts with candour and thoroughness. All members of both Councils deserve no less commendations.

"From INEC to the security agencies and even participants, they have also contributed in no small measure, to the outcome.

Signed:

Ojo Oyewamide
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor (Media & Publicity)

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Vs Osibanjo Vs Fashola Vs El Rufai Vs Atiku.. Your Candidate? / AccountabilityNG: Bail Order Does Not Demand A Surety For Sowore's Release / Jonathan Replies Lamido, Says You Can’t Blackmail Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.