Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit (77903 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Names Goodluck Jonathan As His Man Of The Decade / APC UK Mocks Patience Jonathan As Supreme Court Upholds FG’s Seizure Of $8.4m / Fayose Describes Goodluck Jonathan As 'a Man Whose Sweat Watered The Democracy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by cuteboy2: 5:36am On Nov 19, 2019
LordVarys:
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa, said they visited former President Goodluck Jonathan after Saturday’s governorship elections in recognition of his position as the father and leader of the state

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/18/i-am-a-father-to-all-bayelsans-jonathan-says-during-apc-leaders-visit/amp/

Title of post is misleading. It was leaders of APC in the state who said GEJ is father of all Bayelsans, not GEJ himself

2 Likes

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Harrisee(m): 6:56am On Nov 19, 2019
lonelydora:
Igbos, especially Abia state have a lot to learn from Bayelsa people.

Thank you Jonathan for teaching Dickson a lesson he will never forget

Is it the Abia that voted APC's Orji Uzo Kalu?
People are looking for leaders and do not care about their party

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Owologbo(m): 7:31am On Nov 19, 2019
ornicus:

he is learning from the yorubas no need for permanent bad blood. you can simply be frenemies or understand that it is only permanent interests
rubbish. Yoruba my left yansh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Kenturkey048(m): 8:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Sirjamo:
Dr Clueless is technically an APC member, I am too old to believe that "Father to all" crap!!!
Dr clue Dr clueless is only creating an impression..He stands for what is right. ..that's always been his theme....principled men ain't partisan..learn to have principles Dr clue.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by ctleurocollege: 8:30am On Nov 19, 2019
ofem89:

they understood that he stood with pdp
but Dickson thought he has the power
to impose his own person rather than
the people's choice n here he is

He never stood with PDP, the guy went to visit Buhari shortly before the election, his wife ESS campaigning for Lyon. He NEVER stood with PDP.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by drnoel: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2019
Sirjamo:
Dr Clueless is technically an APC member, I am too old to believe that "Father to all" crap!!!

As well as a PDP member. So far no one of them has been able to cross carpet without staying alof or letting bias step in. Even OBJ could not do that but it seems GEJ has been able to accomplish that feat.
I could be wrong but this could make Bayelsa his playground if he doesn't misstep and let bias step in, he could hold Bayelsa longer than Tinubu is holding Lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Turantula(m): 9:24am On Nov 19, 2019
Patrioticman007:

GEJ aka Mr Clueless. Necessity is the mother of invention. Corruption made us voted GEJ out in 2015. Corruption made us voted PDP out in 2019. Its beyond GEJ will, for it is the will of people. Its called change.
Thank God that corruption has disappeared in Nigeria since 2015 and hopefully Bayelsa this time around
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by AFONAMARO: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
LordVarys:
Inside life. See Sylva who GEJ removed �. Nigerian politics is weird.
Sylva showed more respect than the stooge Dickson who they fought for and removed Sylva for.

Dickson's candidate was equally stopped by same Jonathan. He is only doing what's good for the state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2019
henrydadon:
This stupid godfatherism is one of the major problems of nigeria

[b]We don't see [/b]the like of barrack Obama, George Bush, or David Cameron lurking around in politics after their tenure..they just go into retirement and enjoy themselves. The reverse is the case here.

You idealize American politics, that's why you don't see what's so glaring.

How did Bush junior become president? Is it not because his father groomed him to?
What about Clinton? Did she run without her husband's engineering things.

They do what we do here. They just respect the sensibilities of Americans, so they keep it on the low.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by lowaist101: 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
so apc can win bayelsa? pdp is going down gradually!
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Xisnin(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
henrydadon:
This stupid godfatherism is one of the major problems of nigeria

We don't see the like of barrack Obama, George Bush, or David Cameron lurking around in politics after their tenure..they just go into retirement and enjoy themselves. The reverse is the case here.
They are all involved in politics.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by joshrare(m): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Congrats321:
Will you support secession?

kikikikikiki

No sir,
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by joshrare(m): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2019
excessmon:
What level are you in school now?
Basic 3
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Congrats321(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Why won't you? You obviously have no iota of love for southern Christians so why not?
joshrare:

kikikikikiki

No sir,
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by 7lives: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2019
oforjide:
jonathan might be ur father but not the father of me and my tribe that weakly still remain the worst thing that has ever happen to igbo, a man we sacrificed our lives for indirectly handed our destiny over to our greatest enemies in this world. History will judge him, he destroyed a party that made him somebody a party he doesn't know how and where it was formed, the igbos will never support any ijaw man again until this country breaks

Una still dey here?, train don leave una behind since.
Politics is a game of interests, it is TREND driven just like forex market.
Trading against the trend is like swimming against the tide, it will always end in disaster.
You guys should go and position APGA and stop following PDP as if dem JAZZ una.
APGA with 5 state under her control can't be ignored, other political parties will beg for alliance with APGA, or is this not what Tinubu did with ACN that you people laughed and jeered as a regional party?.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by 7lives: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2019
Nyamiri:

What nonsense is this ignoramus saying. What did you do for GEJ? Where were you Igbos when Clark, Ann Kio Briggs and others were agitating for GEJ? Thief, you want to reap what you didn't sow.

Nyamiri, your support is inconsequential. You didn't do anything for GEJ apart from giving stupid advise and making more enemies for him.

The SS is getting its rightful place in national politics and you losers can go to hell.

CHAI.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by 7lives: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Nyamiri:
[s][/s]

Jonathan is a former President. That's the highest political post. All he wants is respect. If PDP doesn't give him, he would get it from those willing to give him.

Izon respects elders, Niger Delta People respect elders. If any idiot in the SS behaves like that section of the country reputed for disrespecting their elders, he would be summarily dealt with just like Dickson.

Gbam.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Congrats321(m): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2019
why do you want Nigeria to be one when its obvious you hate southern Christians?
joshrare:

kikikikikiki

No sir,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) / Nigerian Burns Nasco Cornflakes Over Terrorism Sponsorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.