Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

I Love You But Not In A Romantic way - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love You But Not In A Romantic way (3467 Views)

Every Woman Must Serve Her Husband Food In This Romantic Way (photos) / Ladies: What Is The Most Romantic Way A Boyfriend Can Initiate A Kiss? / See The Romantic Way A Man Proposed To His Girlfriend That Has Gone Viral(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Itooweak4una: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
Good evening nairalander, my gf broke up with me and used that line on me. I have been confused since then. I asked her what she meant by that she said she sees me as a friend and nothing more. We dated for three years. To make matters worse we are staying together and i love her sincerely. For now we don't have any options than to stay together until i (she) can be able to afford another apartment. I don't want to beg her back. I just want to know how i can survive staying with her and healing from the heartbreak. Thanks
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
At the end of it all, you'll realize that love aint worth the pain it so often brings.
Typing from xperience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by healthserve(m): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
RedCreme21:
At the end of it all, you'll realize that love aint worth the pain it so often brings.
Typing from xperience.

If there's pain, then it was Love, Real Love. And when the wound heals, out its ashes comes more matured handling of love, but then with improved self-application
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
How to heal? Seriously?

Look dearie, we cant teach you how to do that. We all got our different ways. You can try focusing on other positives. Like reading a novel (nothing romantic), listening to good music (what ever you prefer), invest time in your hobbies, exercise, treat yourself to nice meals once in a while.
The key is making yourself feel important, cause you are. More than the idiot that broke your heart.

Youre asking for the impossible though. You CANT move on if you stay with her in the same house.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
healthserve:

If there's pain, then it was Love, Real Love. And when the wound heals, out its ashes comes more matured handling of love, but then with improved self-application
Isnt that what we all tell ourselves? That we come out better than before? Then after the supposed healing, we find ourselves still fixated. Controlling love is an impossible task. Its disgusting.

1 Like

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by maak400: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Itooweak4una:
Good evening nairalander, my gf broke up with me and used that line on me. I have been confused since then. I asked her what she meant by that she said she sees me as a friend and nothing more. We dated for three years. To make matters worse we are staying together and i love her sincerely. For now we don't have any options than to stay together until i (she) can be able to afford another apartment. I don't want to beg her back. I just want to know how i can survive staying with her and healing from the heartbreak. Thanks

Send her packing immediately, she can’t break up with you and you’re still providing her shelter. Why do guys take shi.t sometimes?!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by healthserve(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
RedCreme21:
Isnt that what we all tell ourselves? That we come out better than before? Then after the supposed healing, we find ourselves still fixated. Controlling love is an impossible task. Its disgusting.

Healing as process not automated. Means we keep healing and healing and healing, and wholeness comes. If we close up from confronting the feelings the hurt endures, openness and process treats the wound. I.e spend time with people, things we find passionate.

I don't get heartbroken for long for example if I surround myself with people and stuff I love doing. We ought to be able to move on at ouw own pace but wholly if we apply ourselves to passion, hobbies, work, new environment, music etc.but not stay resident on heart breaks lane. Give it time by dear
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Jflex07(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
Weak guys disgust me.. She broke your ass and still living with you? I spit on your stupidity.

8 Likes

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by UnclePrincipal(m): 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Fizzymike1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bitches every where. She will finally end up with a guy that don't love and then conclude all men are bastard.

3 Likes

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Itooweak4una: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
maak400:

Send her packing immediately, she can’t break up with you and you’re still providing her shelter. Why do guys take shi.t sometimes?!
We both don't own the place. It was provided for us. It's not as easy as you think it is.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
healthserve:

Healing as process not automated. Means we keep healing and healing and healing, and wholeness comes. If we close up from confronting the feelings the hurt endures, openness and process treats the wound. I.e spend time with people, things we find passionate.

I don't get heartbroken for long for example if I surround myself with people and stuff I love doing. We ought to be able to move on at ouw own pace but wholly if we apply ourselves to passion, hobbies, work, new environment, music etc.but not stay resident on heart breaks lane. Give it time by dear
I guess so. He's moved on, thats the painful part.
Thanks alot.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Edyice: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
Itooweak4una:

We both don't own the place. It was provided for us. It's not as easy as you think it is.

Loving this already

Now let's see WHO will be the first to bring opposite sex to the house cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by healthserve(m): 10:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
RedCreme21:
I guess so. He's moved on, thats the painful part.
Thanks alot.

What about you?
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Abfinest007(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
thank God n move on but if u marry her she will surely cheat on you because there is no affection
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by UnclePrincipal(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Itooweak4una: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
Edyice:

Loving this already

Now let's see WHO will be the first to bring opposite sex to the house cool

I guess we can both make an agreement not to bring opposite sex till we both go our separate ways out of respect for the other person.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
healthserve:

What about you?
no. He keeps messing things up for me. After a month he gets in touch, hurts me again, then leaves. Its like im running a race and i have to start again, over and over.
I dont want us to date again. That ship has sailed and sunk. But im upset and bitter that the whole things going easier for him.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by healthserve(m): 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
RedCreme21:
no. He keeps messing things up for me. After a month he gets in touch, hurts me again, then leaves. Its like im running a race and i have to start again, over and over.
I dont want us to date again. That ship has sailed and sunk. But im upset and bitter that the whole things going easier for him.

Shut him from getting access to you. Hes deliberately keeping you on a thin line so you don't heal and move on as you ought to
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Happyguy201: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Apart from your mom loving any other woman is a waste of time grin grin
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
healthserve:

Shut him from getting access to you. Hes deliberately keeping you on a thin line so you don't heal and move on as you ought to
weird someone would do that to another. I'll do just that. Thanks for the advice. wink
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Fisher007: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hmm where do I start from.

She never loved you and she will never love you till death do you apart.

The only time women understand or have an idea of what true love is - it is after childbirth birth and nurturing.

Before that you are just a provisional tool for them. They will use you for their problems. ( Emotional, financial, mental, physically and psychological).

Now that you are both in the same house you will fully understand the full meaning of hypergamy and female nature. She will show you her true colour now. So observe and learn. You will need it to know how to handle future ladies.

Consider yourself lucky, trust me most men die without having the opportunity. They just slave away their life for a being that can never be satisfied. She is not even self content and satisfied. But we men now take it as our duty. It is abject and pure madness on how part has man.

Accept the pain to evolve yourself. You will need it. Safe

1 Like

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Itooweak4una: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
Fisher007:
Hmm where do I start from.

She never loved you and she will never love you till death do you apart.

The only time women understand or have an idea of what true love is - it is after childbirth birth and nurturing.

Before that you are just a provisional tool for them. They will use you for their problems. ( Emotional, financial, mental, physically and psychological).

Now that you are both in the same house you will fully understand the full meaning of hypergamy and female nature. She will show you are true colour now. So observe and learn. You will need it to know how to handle future ladies.

Consider yourself lucky, trust me most men die without having the opportunity. They just slave away their life for a being that can never be satisfied. She is not even self content and satisfied. But we men now take it as our duty. It is abject and pure madness on how part has man.

Accept the pain to evolve yourself. You will need it. Safe

Thanks so much.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
angry
It's called "see finish"...
Now go fvck up on purpose and liberate yourself...

You're playing man and wife with a Nigerian youngling probably in her hoe-phase?? What in Pete's name did you expect was gonna happen??
There is only gonna be more and more "see finish" so long as you guys still stay together... Now go get yourself emancipated before anything else.. Then if you want her back, you can start the old jealousy game of dating other girls. Preferably her own friends...

And please, cease fire on the "love her sincerely shots"... Y'all can't just resist putting your hearts in mortars and handing the poor thing out to dimwitted girls with pestles, aint it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by YorubaWarrior: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
cool
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by chigoizie7(m): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
RedCreme21:

That means you haven’t let go actually.

In as much as you want to, your will to let go is still betraying you.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by YorubaWarrior: 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
maak400:

God bless you, bro... cool

OP, Itooweak4una ... na Thunder go fire you las, las... angry

Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Itooweak4una: 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

God bless you, bro... cool

OP, Itooweak4una ... na Thunder go fire you las, las... angry

Okay, read through the thread.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Omar09(m): 2:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Itooweak4una:

Why would she break up with you and is still living in yo house man c'mon, at least should have waited till she found a new place. Women sef. Bro ask her to leave. If she thinks you are being irrational, let her know of how she is living in yo house and still broke up with you.
Damn!

OK I did not read where you said you both owned the house. Now look man, what you are threading on is a dangerous line. You would have to endure till she gets a new place. And for your peace you will have to be a simp one more time by helping her get a new place either by investing time or your money cause right now, your peace is worth more than any macho shiit. It's a small price. The deal is for a woman to dump just like that in the same house is cold hearted. Don't ever let her back into your life. Cause she will definitely wanna come back.

Now as for dealing with you and her being in the house, you just gotta be strong. If walk pass this situation my bro you are stronger than all men combined. Cause it's hell in there. Just do what you like best that doesn't involve her. Ignore her. Even if she brings a man home stand your ground talk to her in a manly way. But most of all don't involve her in any discussions or whatever. Be strong man. Be strong.
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Itooweak4una: 2:56am On Nov 19, 2019
Omar09:

Why would she break up with you and is still living in yo house man c'mon, at least should have waited till she found a new place. Women sef. Bro ask her to leave. If she thinks you are being irrational, let her know of how she is living in yo house and still broke up with you.
Damn!

OK I did not read where you said you both owned the house. Now look man, what you are threading on is a dangerous line. You would have to endure till she gets a new place. And for your peace you will have to be a simp one more time by helping her get a new place either by investing time or your money cause right now, your peace is worth more than any macho shiit. It's a small price. The deal is for a woman to dump just like that in the same house is cold hearted. Don't ever let her back into your life. Cause she will definitely wanna come back.

Now as for dealing with you and her being in the house, you just gotta be strong. If walk pass this situation my bro you are stronger than all men combined. Cause it's hell in there. Just do what you like best that doesn't involve her. Ignore her. Even if she brings a man home stand your ground talk to her in a manly way. But most of all don't involve her in any discussions or whatever. Be strong man. Be strong.

Thanks a lot bro. I really appreciate
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by madone: 4:31am On Nov 19, 2019
Am so sorry my guy but I enjoy the part wh u said u won't beg her to come back.make u keep to this part .
Re: I Love You But Not In A Romantic way by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 19, 2019
christimas don dey near grin..malaysian and dubai based big boys don dey show face for village with their shining brand new automobiles for xmas cheesy..those ones for philipines don dey land plus d ones for US and UK..so i can understand why she break up with u cheesy..babe must chop some euros and dollars plus some dubai dirham grin.sorry for ur loss sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Threads All Men Must Read At All Cost Or Die Of Regrets And Lack Of Wisdom / My Ex Girlfriend Son Look Like Me / S£xtape Of 2 Secondary School Female Students Who Goes Unclad, Doing L£sbian Thi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.