Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. (4120 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? / Lists Of Courses That Will Get You Employed After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Avallon002: 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
In Nigeria today, unemployment is one of the most if not the most serious challenge facing the youths. Nigeria’s tertiary institution education system which holds about 306 schools (Universities and Polytechnics) according to the survey produces up to 500,000 graduates every year and there are also Nigerian graduates who study abroad who come home to compete for jobs.

Therefore, seeing the above statistics, I believe the next question that will come to your mind is, how many Job vacancies does the country generate annually to fit in the large number of graduates that enters the labour market every year? � Anyway, lets not go into that for now.

So, as an undergraduate, how can you get yourself busy and earning a living after NYSC? Firstly, I will always advice undergraduates to acquire skills while they are still in school. As it goes a long way to assist them in tackling the stress that comes with unemployment therefore saving them alot.

Secondly, which brings us to the title of this post (Best degree courses that will easily get you employed in Nigeria) is individual field/course of study, that is to say this plays a very important role in your employment time frame and income/salary after graduation. In addition, with the right choice of courses in Nigeria you can also save yourself from frustration after NYSC.

Lists of Degree Courses in Nigeria with Best Employment Opportunities.
1. Civil Engineering

2. Agriculture Science.

3. Medicine.

4. Economics.

5. Business & Administrative Studies.

6. Geology

7. Computer Science/IT

8. Nursing

15. Fishery.

16. Pharmacy.

17. Physics

18. Human Resources Management

19. Law

20. Chemistry

In conclusion, please note that other courses that were not included in the list above do not mean they are categorized bad or not valued and profitable however following many criteria, including the application for a professional certificate, we were able to come to this report.

ARTICLE SOURCE => https://schoolsblog.com/best-degree-courses-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by profnigga(m): 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
IF i hear?? this is not valid lik dalton atomic theorem..
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by iaamxavier(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pls pharmacy should be No 1 on that list?

What the heck is fishery doing there??

They only have self employment opportunities and not employment opportunities

2 Likes

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Nigerfine3: 4:54am On Nov 19, 2019
Poor judgement, pharmacy and med should be top most. They may not be well paid but they are very scarce. When I served long ago in CRS it was one doctor per local government as well as pharm.
Your top civil can't create job immediately. Pharm can allow a business man open a store with their result for big money

1 Like

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Avallon002: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2019
That's just a list and not categorized or numbered by rating grin
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Harbylon(f): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Naira Land as made it easy to reach so many people, why can't you just made use of the opportunity like i will do now.

You may all check this our and rate the project. Examrelief Free CBT Practice.

Mind you everything is free here. no activation cost.

Thanks
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Harbylon(f): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Naira Land as made it easy to reach so many people, why can't you just made use of the opportunity like i will do now.

You may all check this our and rate the project. Examrelief Free CBT Practice.

Mind you everything is free here. no activation cost.

Thanks
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by YorubaPrince: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Accounting and Finance nko?

Remember that's the largest employer sector in Nigeria. Everyone regardless of their degree works in a bank in Nigeria. cool

3 Likes

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by LordIsaac(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abeg remove Chemistry for there... Except it is in terms of teaching in one poor secondary school...

1 Like

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by seanwilliam(m): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
The only course wey be say u no go waka tey before u see job na MEDICINE
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Cuccitini(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
local man is confused with d list

1 Like

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by SALTandFIRE: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
Am not sure if there is any good course in Nigeria.

But once you know people wey sabi, u don't av a problem
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by FIR: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
Marketing should come first
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by solmusdesigns: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
cool

Every Degree is lucrative if you know how well to monitize your knowledge and skills

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by OkCornel(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
Didn’t see

1) Data science
2) Machine learning
3) Accounting & Finance (Chartered)

Unless point 1 & 2 is swallowed under the broad umbrella of “IT”

On a side note, church business (penterascality) pays grin especially seeing many ignorant and idle folks who are eagerly waiting to be fleeced off their time and money.
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Lawly: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Every Degree is lucrative if you know how well to monitize your knowledge and skills

Absolutely correct

_
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Stillthebest: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

And geology too in Ng?? You would have to educate us
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Ngirima: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

[/s]
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by daxon001(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chemistry ko kemi's tree ni

1 Like

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
Where is
Agricultural Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Physiology and ;
Mass Communication??
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by franchasng: 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
Avallon002:
In Nigeria today, unemployment is one of the most if not the most serious challenge facing the youths. Nigeria’s tertiary institution education system which holds about 306 schools (Universities and Polytechnics) according to the survey produces up to 500,000 graduates every year and there are also Nigerian graduates who study abroad who come home to compete for jobs.

Therefore, seeing the above statistics, I believe the next question that will come to your mind is, how many Job vacancies does the country generate annually to fit in the large number of graduates that enters the labour market every year? � Anyway, lets not go into that for now.

So, as an undergraduate, how can you get yourself busy and earning a living after NYSC? Firstly, I will always advice undergraduates to acquire skills while they are still in school. As it goes a long way to assist them in tackling the stress that comes with unemployment therefore saving them alot.

Secondly, which brings us to the title of this post (Best degree courses that will easily get you employed in Nigeria) is individual field/course of study, that is to say this plays a very important role in your employment time frame and income/salary after graduation. In addition, with the right choice of courses in Nigeria you can also save yourself from frustration after NYSC.

Lists of Degree Courses in Nigeria with Best Employment Opportunities.
1. Civil Engineering

2. Agriculture Science. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering

3. Medicine.

[s]4. Economics.

5. Business & Administrative Studies.

6. Geology

7. Computer Science/IT[/s]

8. Nursing

15. Fishery.

16. Pharmacy.

[s]17. Physics

18. Human Resources Management

19. Law

20. Chemistry[/s]

In conclusion, please note that other courses that were not included in the list above do not mean they are categorized bad or not valued and profitable however following many criteria, including the application for a professional certificate, we were able to come to this report.

ARTICLE SOURCE => https://schoolsblog.com/best-degree-courses-in-nigeria/

Stop misleading young people, remove the ones I canceled wink

Add:
- Lab Science
- Radiography

The list ought to be like this:

1.) Civil Engineering
2.) Nursing
3.) Medicine
4.) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
5.) Radiography
6.) Lab Science
7.) English & Linguistics

2 Likes

Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by shollish(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lol I laugh in Togolese
Only Medical courses and IT sure now
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by bossvinqualad25(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
B business minded and solve people's problem then u good to go, , let prolific giant cleaning services take care of your homes,offices,estates etc we give the best a trial will convince you
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by sparkle7: 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
franchasng:
Stop misleading young people, remove the ones I canceled wink

Add:
- Lab Science
- Radiography

The list ought to be like this:

1.) Civil Engineering
2.) Nursing
3.) Medicine
4.) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
5.) Radiography
6.) Lab Science
7.) English & Linguistics
You removed computer science? Are you okay?
Do you know how much a friend of mine who studied computer science earn per month? >400k.
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by Alitair(m): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
Meanwhile I studied Estate management and I know I am jobless. That is no hope for me..?
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by franchasng: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
sparkle7:

You removed computer science? Are you okay?
Do you know how much a friend of mine who studied computer science earn per month? >400k.
we are talking about ease of securing a job after graduation, not highest paid.
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by sparkle7: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
franchasng:
we are talking about ease of securing a job after graduation, not highest paid.
Lol. So what do you think i was talking about before?
Sis there are more software companies in Nigeria than churches.
Re: Best Degree Courses That Will Easily Get You Employed In Nigeria. by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
computer science is even better than engineering in Nigeria
by studying computer science you Will became a programmer, web developer, game developer,software engineer without thinking of government job

(1) (Reply)

See What Disabled Nigerian Child Did To Anthony Joshua -photo / Tsu Female Student Wears Secondary School Games Wear To Lecture Hall / Female Nigerian Graduate Turns To Farming, Shows Off Bountiful Harvests[Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.