Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

If I Take Your MBBS Certificate Away - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If I Take Your MBBS Certificate Away (322 Views)

If I Were A Girl 18+ / Should I Take Her Back Or Look Somewhere Else? / If I Die Tomorrow (a Romantic Story Written By African Creator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If I Take Your MBBS Certificate Away by Queerlyshrewd: 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
Too many people spend a greater percentage of their youth dreaming of becoming doctors. And when they finally get in, they are bedazzled by just how much they have to do to remain in the field that they barely have enough time for themselves. It's a daily struggle. It totally envelops them and they don't realize how much of their youth they have spent trying to become doctors.
But if I take this certificate from you today, what else do you have to offer? You are a medical student? Okay.
There are at least 30,000 other medical students in Nigeria.
So why are you special? You had a distinction? Frankly speaking, there are 10,000 other students like you. What makes you unique?

We spend so much time acquiring a certificate and we forget who we are along the line. What were you passionate about before getting into the medical school? What are your hobbies? What's your talent? Who are you? I'm a doctor just isn't enough anymore.

We live in an aggressive society today. Everyone wants to get better and be on top of their game. What is that extra ingredient that makes you, you? Rediscover yourself. You always wanted to learn how to play a piano? Good. Create time to learn it. You always wanted to learn a new language? Well good. Create time for it! Stop limiting yourself. There's so much you can do. And so much you can achieve. Don't be a mediocre. Dare to dream. Diversify! Learn a new sport. Learn a craft. Be an entrepreneur. Develop groundbreaking ideas. Become something extra, and a little bit more!

During my pathology viva recently, I was asked by the external examiner what I did apart from medicine. I was confused. He asked the question again. I told him I was into business and I sold bags and shoes. He smiled at me and told me that they encourage us to do other things apart from medicine. He asked one of my internal examiner what he did besides being a consultant pathologist. The man said he owned a poultry farm. And he turned back to me and said, 'You see what I mean?'. I left the office that day pondering a number of things. Here I was trying to pass an exam, but in the midst of it, an already established doctor just gave a valuable advice.

I was surfing the internet a while back and I saw an artist being awarded for an amazing artpiece he made. He is a practicing medical doctor. A friend of mine went to project fame to sing out his passion. He is a medical doctor. Another friend was given an award for a beautiful piece of writing he wrote. He is a medical student. Yet another of my friends own a blog he runs auspiciously. He is a medical student too! I know a lady who has a flourishing online shop where she markets her products for both the male and female folk. She's a medical student. I know another one who is skilled in the art of hair making. Your guess is as good as mine. Yes, she is a medical student.

The list is endless. These are people who have found their passion and have decided to nurture it and watch it grow. So why should you be left out? What excuse do you have? You don't have time? You make out time for what is important to you. What are you good at? What do you want to learn? It all depends on you. I know medical students who are politically inclined. If I hear they become governors or ministers or even presidents a decade from today, I would not be surprised.
I know students with dreams of working in the World Health Organization, the United Nations, UNICEF and like organizations. I see them grooming themselves for the future before them. And God help them, yes, they will achieve these and more. Do you know why? It's because of a mantra I picked from a book 5 years ago. It says, whatever the heart of man can conceive, it can achieve through a positive mental attitude.

Think of what you want and go for it. It could be politics. Or fashion. Or web designing. Or drumming. Or real estate. Or writing. You can decide to go into music. Play a saxophone or a piano. Or a flute or a clarinet. A trumpet or a guitar. You decide. You can also choose baking, interior decoration, makeup, or volunteer for an NGO. These are a few examples. There's a lot more. Choose.
So I ask you, if I take your certificate away, what else can you offer?

For more
Visit
http://www.jonathaniseiblog..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Incident / The Great Come-back / Feminism Gone South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.