Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,890 members, 7,798,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW (5076 Views)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / Arewa Leaders Want North, South West Political Alliance To Grow / 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by allcomage: 2:56am On Nov 20, 2019
LegendHero:

Also Rivers, Delta, and Akwa-Ibom stopped delivering that much bloc vote for PDP even with a hated Buhari on the ballot.

This is 2019 result:
Delta- APC: 221,292 PDP: 594,068
Akwa Ibom- APC: 175,429 PDP: 395,832
RIvers- APC: 150,710 PDP: 473,971

Even in these region that are PDP strongholds in 2019, APC still recorded an average of 27% - 30% of the vote in comparison to PDP.

Now tell me what will happen in 2023, when a Christian will be on the ballot. Do you think the figure will increase or decrease going by the current political trends?
Ok while the figure will increase in ss because osibanjo is a Christian, don't you know that the figure will decrease by 80% in the North as a result of osibanjo being a Christian because for them, he is an infidel?
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by LabDNA: 5:21am On Nov 20, 2019
Sanchez01:

Not sure you understand the meaning of the words 'bloc votes'. There was no such as bloc votes in the South South in the recent elections. The difference between both parties wasn't wider than 400k votes, which should naturally be disturbing to the PDP as the region is supposed to a stronghold.

Plus, there's no such thing as 'SESS'. Don't lump the SOUTH SOUTH with the SOUTH EAST in the name of politics.

There is SESS which shares cultures, live side by side, vote in the same pattern and even travel on the same road to their lands. You know it and we understand why you refused to embrace it.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by ProudDick: 6:28am On Nov 20, 2019
nlPoster:

Can you point to anywhere that says Yorubas have a problem with being considered betrayers?

Do igbos have any problem with being called pigs? Your supreme leader even called you that.

1 Like

Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by ProudDick: 6:29am On Nov 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
I still cant fathom how exactly the victory of APC's candidate David Lyon in the hust concluded Bayelsa Governorship election translate into a political alliance between the SS/SW.
I have seen supposed SW monikers jubilating and mocking the igbos claiming that the SS has moved on and has now decided to go into a political alliance with them on account of this just concluded election.Maybe someone should educate me if I am missing something.Was a political meeting convened between the two regions that I am unaware of? How exactly did this monikers arrive by this conclusion.

When did se and ss form any alliance?
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by 7lives: 7:04am On Nov 20, 2019
deboysben:
i will believe this till 2022.

Remember 2023 is still far. Things can change before then.

2023 election already concluded since last Saturday, just open your eyes and watch as the events unfold.

1 Like

Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by oyatz(m): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2019
Stop peddling falsehood in your old age sir.

In the 2019 Election,

SE=> PDP got 1.5million votes

SW=> PDP got 1.6 Million votes and APC got 2.5 million votes.

The S/West gave both the PDP and APC more votes than the S/East.

The S/West with 15 million registered voters has the second highest registered voters while the S/E has 8 million registered voters which is the least in Nigeria.

The presidential aspirants and the hierrachies of the political parties know the zones where they can get votes.

PaChukwudi44:

Well Just one SE state delieverd more margin to Atiku than the entire SW states did for APC.If there was any region that didnt matter in the last election,it was the SW.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by 7lives: 7:23am On Nov 20, 2019
PassingShot:

Did PDP win Kano in 2015 or 2019? You avoided that question grin

Do you expect PDP to field a Northern candidate?

Even if PDP does that, APC will not field a northern candidate but will still win the election. That debate is for another day.

They forgot that Obj is not even a Muslim or a Northerner, but the north still prefer him, just to keep the country under their control.
They still haven't learn to play politics with maturity and high level discretion.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by 7lives: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2019
solmusdesigns:
grin

@PaChukwudi44

This election pain some people oooo...

but then while they ask question about how 1+1 equals 2 , APC already controls 21 state out of the 24 required to win a Presidential Election and APC already made an agreement of rotation between North and South during their merger deal.. so only a political novice would ask how this favours SouthWest

It isn't just about 21 states, it's about the KKK states and even Zamfara is an APC state, which they lost in court not by ballot.
Sokoto too is 50/50 hope you understand what happened in the last election, that a sitting governor had to win a re election by 600 votes.
The people of Sokoto will be all out to confine Tambuwal to political dustbin.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by 7lives: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2019
LegendHero:

Can you see the confusion in your post? The bolded part says a sitting governor will help his presidential candidate rig election to a certain extent.

That is exactly the plan. You would agree with me that if Lyon performs well in Bayelsa and made impact before 2023, no matter who APC fields, they will get at least 40% of votes in Bayelsa.

That is the plan. The plan is not to win SS in its majority but the APc plan is to reduce the vote margin such that the effect of the SS bloc against APC will be minimal.

Isn’t that also the reason why Buhari won in 2019? SS failed to deliver that much bloc vote they delivered in 2015, and that nailed the coffin of Atiku.

They just don't get it, well said bro.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by 7lives: 7:58am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:
They know that APC's victory in Bayelsa was more of personalities than parties, but because they have to look for the small grounds to destroy the SESS bloc which has been a source of sleepless nights for SW as they know the implication it is for their SW presidential ambition going forward to 2023, they keep lying to themselves.

They feel they can capitalize on APC victory in Bayelsa to claim 'SS hates SE and loves SW', so they can sleep better at night. My yoruba brothers are great in the art of self-delusion. grin

Even within themselves they know SESS bloc will still vote as one in 2023 and definitely not for SW at the presidentials in 2023 and it worries them badly. Unfortunately for them, Bayelsa won't be having Governorship election in 2023, so the bandwagon effect will still not help a SW presidential candidate.

Even Edo that is 100% APC controlled from top to bottom and closer to yorubas in culture and location was won by PDP in the 2019 presidential elections early this year. Fact!

Campaign experts will still remind Bayelsans that SW denied their son a second tenure and David Lyon won't be able to anything about than as it is the truth. Nobody will kill and snatch ballot boxes for any party that field a SWner in the SESS region in 2023.

Continue to swim in ignorance, Bayelsans kicked out PDP because they already saw Goodluck's body language, you will receive more shockers in the coming days ahead.
Politics is a game of interest, Jonathan and his people have moved on to where their interest will be protected simple.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by Nowenuse: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
LegendHero:

Nawa o. I’ve always respected you here coz you always comment as someone with knowledgeable history about the Middle belt.

What happened today that made you start speaking off topic is a thing of concern to me coz I don’t even know how to reply you.

Since 2003, the leading parties always rig in their stronghold. That was why there is a phrase about Nigeria politics that said “You can only rig where you are popular”.

The SS number was rigged in 2015 because there is little or no opposition in ACN in the SS to challenge Jonathan. That was why we have those mad figures in 2015.

The popularity of the PDP in the SS already waned in 2019 coupled with the fact that some SS’ner big wigs are in APC. They made sure PDP was unable to rig the numbers and the APC was able to garner almost more than 30% vote of that region.

This is the simple explanation I can give. If you still remain adamant about your words then I don’t know what else to say.

Gracias!

We know that rigging happens and keep on happening.
However, what I want to challenge in your assertion is your question to why Rivers state used to produce high number of votes.

You can manipulate voters figure but you cannot manipulate registered voters.

Rivers and Delta states always produce the highest voters in the SS/SE because they are the most populated and urbanized states in the region, just as Kano, Kaduna & Katsina produce high votes and nobody argues because they are the most populated states in the north.

My state Plateau had more voters than both Rivers & Delta in the last election, how? This has never happened before. We have never had registered voters as much as them.
This is to tell you that the figures of the last election were just written out. It was never a reflection of the people's choice.

Of course, many people did not care because it was a fulani vs fulani election.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by iSlayer: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
There's no political alliance even between SE/SS. Those areas are just PDP strongholds nothing more. And even that is changing.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by LegendHero(m): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

We know that rigging happens and keep on happening.
However, what I want to challenge in your assertion is your question to why Rivers state used to produce high number of votes.

You can manipulate voters figure but you cannot manipulate registered voters.

Rivers and Delta states always produce the highest voters in the SS/SE because they are the most populated and urbanized states in the region, just as Kano, Kaduna & Katsina produce high votes and nobody argues because they are the most populated states in the north.

My state Plateau had more voters than both Rivers & Delta in the last election, how? This has never happened before. We have never had registered voters as much as them.
This is to tell you that the figures of the last election were just written out. It was never a reflection of the people's choice.

Of course, many people did not care because it was a fulani vs fulani election.

Not just the last election. Figures of elections since 2003 is always rigged. Government in power always rig election figures in their strongholds.

Normally population of registered voters is just a norm and what actually count is the actual voters on election day. Sure, I am not disputing Rivers state population or Kano population, the context of this argument is about vote and election.

What is the average rate of voters turnout in Nigeria history? Have we even ever recorded 60% average of voters turnout in the whole south since 2003? and yet most incumbent parties always write figures for themselves in their strongholds. The SS 2015 election result is a hoax coz those figures are clearly rigged by PDP. The same way APC rigged the numbers in Borno state in the last 2019 election.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by iSlayer: 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
Does the results of this election show in any way that the people of the SS especially the Ijaws will turn out and vote for Tinubu or Osibanjo in 2023 (Assuming if at all anyone of them gets the APC ticket)

They may.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
7lives:

It isn't just about 21 states, it's about the KKK states and even Zamfara is an APC state, which they lost in court not by ballot.
Sokoto too is 50/50 hope you understand what happened in the last election, that a sitting governor had to win a re election by 600 votes.
The people of Sokoto will be all out to confine Tambuwal to political dustbin.

Going by that route,I will also say Osun and Kano are also 50/50 states.Bayelsa is also a PDP state.Story for the gods
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

God will bless you. Can you see that mad changes in the number just because federal might was able to mitigate against the usual exuberant figure that PDP always write in Rivers State.

Amaechi and his goons really tried for Buhari, they were able to make sure the numbers are down. That is what is called mad strategy and those online political illiterates always believed winning a state alone is what can be termed a success. The real success is reducing the votes in opposition strongholds and making sure a large vote is delivered in your strongholds.

That is the template APC used in 2019, Yahaya Bello used in also in Kogi election. Obasanjo used the same template in 2003, check the result he got in the south and you will shake your head coz devil himself dey fear OBJ.

why you are busy reducing votes in the SS/SE the major damage will be done in the North with a northern PDP candidate.The 2023 elections will be won an lost in the North.BTW Do not expect the North to rig for a SW candidate even of the same party
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
plaindealer:

Who? Please, give us a name and the person's current political position and relevance in Nigeria

we are not interested so the question of a candidate does not even arise.Go and contest with the North
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Stop crying over spilt milk bro and face reality. Jonathan himself already forgave APC and he supported an APC candidate (Lyon) in the last election openly. The SS people are not hateful like you people, and they have moved on.

Lyon visited Tinubu yesterday and he called him his leader. If Lyon performs well before 2023, he will be used as the poster APC boy to make inroads into the SS and they will vote a Yoruba candidate. An Osinbajo will have at least 35% of the vote in the SS if PDP fields a Muslim northerner.

The usual phrase of Yoruba betrayed Jonathan in 2015 is not selling anymore, the SS people are more wiser and even Jonathan already moved on. If the SE'ners think they can continue to sow the seed of hatred among the SW/SS then they are just deceiving themselves.

I love that pics of Lyon, Dickson and Jagaban. It mean a lot for the alliance coming up soon. You will clearly see things unfold before 2023.

You are dreaming!!! Buhari is even stands a betetr chance of winning in Bayelsa than either of Tinubu or Osibanjo.You people are dreamers
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by 0monnak0da: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
You are bitter sha......
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by jahsharon: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
I still cant fathom how exactly the victory of APC's candidate David Lyon in the hust concluded Bayelsa Governorship election translate into a political alliance between the SS/SW.
I have seen supposed SW monikers jubilating and mocking the igbos claiming that the SS has moved on and has now decided to go into a political alliance with them on account of this just concluded election.Maybe someone should educate me if I am missing something.Was a political meeting convened between the two regions that I am unaware of? How exactly did this monikers arrive by this conclusion.

After the election, the winner went to pay homage to Tinubu first before Buhari. Now you know whom the boss is.
Re: Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
jahsharon:

After the election, the winner went to pay homage to Tinubu first before Buhari. Now you know whom the boss is.

Una afonjas get problem.So Tinubu is now Buhari's boss? BTW GEJ was the first person to receive a visit from the winner so we should now call him boss of all bosses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Must Zone The Presidency To South East Or Igbos Will Vote For Northern PDP / Tambuwal Confident Of Victory In The PDP Presidential Primaries / Nigeria's Political Quiz 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.