Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs (21426 Views)

Adjusted USD Rate For Car Clearing By Customs / How To Bid For Cars On Nigerian Customs Service E-Auction Website / Join The Fastest Growing Car Dealers Group On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Chidex50(m): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Buhari was appointed by God
God want to teach Nigerians a Lesson
We are too scared for revolution
We are too Lazy to Fight For Justice
So God put in someone who will put us in more discomfort and frustrate us until we stand up come to our senses and say Enough is Enough
Until we wake up and fight for the betterment of Nigeria.
God will not Help Nigeria
Until Nigerians Help Themselves..
Gbam! You're on point.God help us na our hands en dey!
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by airminem(f): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
So God put in someone who will put us in more discomfort and frustrate us until we stand up come to our senses and say Enough is Enough
Implying #Revolutionow? cheesy
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Flets: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:

You truly underestimate the docility of Nigerians amidst the tribalism and immense stupidity.

A million Buhari and a trillion more troubles can’t cause any revolution in Nigeria. Take that to the bank.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:
Innoson is the way.. No more importation

You sound like innoson is not also importing ? Does innoson make any car ?
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by webngnews: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
Oh
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by ajani68: 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
[/b]True talk .
SultanOfAbia:
[b]Buhari was appointed by God
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

You sound like innoson is not also importing ? Does innoson make any car ?

Painment even kids know he is a manufacturer.

1st indigenous manufacturer. Now read that last line slowly grin grin
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

Painment even kids know he is a manufacturer.

1st indigenous manufacturer. Now read that last line slowly grin grin

Abeg we he only assembles knocked Down Component of cars imported from China ..I am show you all his models with different names in China
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by grandstar(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
The closure of their businesses by the customs was crude. It reminds one of the military era when such behavior was common

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Abeg we he only assembles knocked Down Component of cars imported from China ..I am show you all his models with different names in China

Leave than your region and move around.. When one is born in a particular region and plans to die there, he will only be seeing the world in a myopic lens..

She you're the only 1 that knows what assembling is.. You now know more than everyone that agrees he is a pure manufacturer... My brother travel o na 1 life you get grin grin
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

Leave than your region and move around.. When one is born in a particular region and plans to die there, he will only be seeing the world in a myopic lens..

She you're the only 1 that knows what assembling is.. You now know more than everyone that agrees he is a pure manufacturer... My brother travel o na 1 life you get grin grin

I am Igbo but Innoson imports almost all them KDC he assembles here
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by AngelicBeing: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Gbam

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

I am Igbo but Innoson imports almost all them KDC he assembles here

Who is talking of being Igbo or not? ...He imports few things as all automobile companies out source too..Yes he might be using the exact designs of a certain company for now it doesn't mean he imports complete knock down kits.. That is why I ask you visit the factory. Its a large one and they are always happy to welcome and enlighten you concerning productions..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by AngelicBeing: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

How many Nigerians can afford a vehicle made by innoson? Are you people mad or something? I am so happy I don't have to call Nigeria home anymore. Rubbish
Spot on, let them enjoy the next level of the useless carcass called Buhari and his gangstas grin
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by AngelicBeing: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Flets:

You truly underestimate the docility of Nigerians amidst the tribalism and immense stupidity.

A million Buhari and a trillion more troubles can’t cause any revolution in Nigeria. Take that to the bank.
Essentially it implies that the country is doomed and the sufferings continues, Hian shocked
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by vineyardfarms: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
kaffy4tope:
Car dealers in Lagos yesterday staged a peaceful protest over the continued sealing of their marts by the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).

The dealers, under the aegis of Automobile Dealers’ Friends Association (ADFA), stormed the Lagos State House of Assembly where a petition written to President Muhammadu Buhari was presented to the Speaker, Hon. Mudashiru Obasa.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-car-dealers-protest-invasion-by-customs.html
SAME CUSTOMS OFFICIAL THAT COLLECTED BRIBE -FROM THE CAR DEALERS TO LET THEM IN- NOW SEALING UP CAR MARTS. DEMONS -THIEVES. SOMEBODY AT CUSTOMS OFFICE SIGN THE RELEASED DOCUMENTS OF THE UNDER PAID DUTIES FOR THOSE VEHICLES - THE CUSTOMS DIRECTOR SHOULD START WITH IN-HOUSE CLEANSING OF THOSE ROGUES OFFICERS AND WEED THEM OUT.
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

Who is talking of being Igbo or not? ...He imports few things as all automobile companies out source too..Yes he might be using the exact designs of a certain company for now it doesn't mean he imports complete knock down kits.. That is why I ask you visit the factory. Its a large one and they are always happy to welcome and enlighten you concerning productions..

A few ? cheesy grin please Innoson assembles and rebadges BAIC vehicles for resale in Nigeria so stop decieving yourself .. every single model he has is a known BAIC model in China

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by paix(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
I just pray the association does not go to court. Because the matter will get even worse there. It's like the APC has been assured that if anybody takes this government to court; the matter is regarded as dead on arrival. From all indications, the court is a no go area for anybody outside the APC.
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

A few ? cheesy grin please Innoson assembles and rebadges BAIC vehicles for resale in Nigeria so stop decieving yourself .. every single model he has is a known BAIC model in China

grin. You are showing me g40 and g80?.. Hoped you can read.. I said because he used the exact design of certain manufacturing company doesn't mean he is an assembler... With time he will start his own designs. Don't let hate get be best of you.. You are showing me baic vehicles like I don't know them..

Read it slowly again 1st indigenous automobile manufacturing company grin
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

grin. You are showing me g40 and g80?.. Hoped you can read.. I said because he used the exact design of certain manufacturing company doesn't mean he is an assembler... With time he will start his own designs. Don't let hate get be best of you.. You are showing me baic vehicles like I don't know them..

Read it slowly again 1st indigenous automobile manufacturing company grin

Which design , even all his small cars are from BAIC ..
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Which design , even all his small cars are from BAIC ..

OK show me the basic that looks like the fox and umu. .

You can keep hating but it doesn't change the fact he is a manufacturer.. Go to his factory you don't listen grin
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Stonerobaba(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
You guys are wrong The protest was about Cusoms invasion of their marts requesting for custon clearance documents of the cars for sale. Where were they when the cars entered the country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by chukel(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
We just love corruption in this country. If they are guilty of smuggling vehicles into Nigeria and evading duty payment, their business should be sealed. Those dutiless cars will still end up in the hands of innocent unsuspecting buyer, who bears the brunt and loses his money should the car get impounded on the road. So who should get the penalty for smuggling, the man who intentionally smuggled to maximise profit or the unsuspecting buyer who innocently purchased the vehicle? Nigerians can wail for everything and anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

OK show me the basic that looks like the fox and umu. .

You can keep hating but it doesn't change the fact he is a manufacturer.. Go to his factory you don't listen grin

The red is innoson fox while the white one is BAIC Senova D20 which are both the same car as you can see .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

The red is innoson fox while the white one is BAIC Senova D20 which are both the same cars .

grin total trash. There are many cars that have that shape now you can see the grille is different,.. grin

Go to his factory and see how cars are built from the scratch.. How many times would I tell you this.
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

grin total trash. There are many cars that have that shape now you can see the grille is different,.. grin

That badging ..BAIC does it for many people , it's just that the won't allow you export their product to Nigeria because they now have a proper arrangement with Innoson , but it's all rebadged

1 Like

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by Crixxx: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

That badging ..BAIC does it for many people , it's just that the won't allow you export their product to Nigeria because they now have a proper arrangement with Innoson , but it's all rebadged

The main point was not his vehicles looking like baic . we were talking of manufacturing and assembling.. I am very sure because I have visited the factory before and I have walked their production lines and I can say for sure his vehicles are manufactured...
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by SalamRushdie: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

The main point was not his vehicles looking like baic . we were talking of manufacturing and assembling.. I am very sure because I have visited the factory before and I have walked their production lines and I can say for sure his vehicles are manufactured...

So because you saw an assembly line and a couple of pneumatic wrenches used to bolt together the knocked down components and probably some mould stamps installed by BAIC you thought he was a manufacturer? cheesy cheesy cheesy. That's Automobile assembly and it's far different from manufacturing . A manufacturer start handles his own vehicle from conception to R&grin to sketching to clay modelling to wind tunneling and conception then to eventual commercial production ..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by mfm04622: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Conceptman:
the government should please, make things easy for it's citizens and not worst. they should stop and inflicting more pain on the masses

Citizens should stop breaking laws! They shut their car dealership because they either smuggled their vehicles in or underpaid duty on the vehicles.
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by mfm04622: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
Stonerobaba:
You guys are wrong The protest was about Cusoms invasion of their marts requesting for custon clearance documents of the cars for sale. Where were they when the cars entered the country?

They should just present the documents! So if a thief stole your property and you saw him with it later, you can't ask him to prove it is his own? He can ask you where you were when he was stealing your property? Lol!!!
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
Crixxx:

Prices don't remain the same forever lad..
He is working towards cutting down the prices...

The problem is not Innoson , the problem is the earnings and wages in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Automobile Dealers Protest Sealing Of Their Businesses By Customs by mfm04622: 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
vineyardfarms:
SAME CUSTOMS OFFICIAL THAT COLLECTED BRIBE -FROM THE CAR DEALERS TO LET THEM IN- NOW SEALING UP CAR MARTS. DEMONS -THIEVES. SOMEBODY AT CUSTOMS OFFICE SIGN THE RELEASED DOCUMENTS OF THE UNDER PAID DUTIES FOR THOSE VEHICLES - THE CUSTOMS DIRECTOR SHOULD START WITH IN-HOUSE CLEANSING OF THOSE ROGUES OFFICERS AND WEED THEM OUT.

Customs officials collected bribes in their private capacities. The custom official are closing their shops in their official capacities. Don't mix them up! Do the crime, do the time!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

✔Know Your Vehicle History Here.... / Reg 2005 Toyota Solara / Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.