Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,767 members, 7,798,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory (42771 Views)

Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure / Salary Arrears: Gov Bello Makes U-turn, Insists He's Not Owing Workers' Salaries / Kogi Governorship: Yahaya Bello Speaks On ‘Dumping’ APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by bestdudes: 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2019

The Kogi State Governor-Elect, Yahaya Bello, on Tuesday, rubbished claims that he was owing salaries, stressing that such were “lies.”

Bello said his administration met salary backlog owed workers in the state, but insisted that his administration was not owing workers.

The governor-elect, who said this while featuring on Channels Television, also alleged that thugs of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, stabbed a resident after he was declared winner of Saturday’s election.

Bello also alleged that the wife of his deputy was also shot at after he emerged winner of the election.

He said: “All these reports of me owing salaries are lies. Past governors of Kogi State were owning salaries starting from Audu to my immediate predecessor. Kogi state is not owning any dime at the state level, what is left is the ten percent from the previous government.

“As for El-Rufai kneeling, he was begging that Kogi people should forgive Bello for ensuring security and ensuring the state was peaceful and not because he could not pay salaries.”

On the claim of people being killed during the election, Bello said: “After I was declared winner, a PDP thug stabbed somebody and ran into the house of their women leader but he was caught and dealt with.

“My deputy governor-elect’s wife was shot at but thank God she didn’t die, the police are looking into it and would bring the culprits to book.”

Recall that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had on Monday declared Governor Yahaya Bello of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner of the Saturday’s governorship election in the state.

INEC’s Returning Officer in the state, Prof. Ibrahim Garuba had declared Bello winner after polling 406,222 votes to defeat his closest rival, Musa Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who scored 189,704 votes.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/11/19/kogi-decides-im-not-owing-workers-any-dime-yahaya-bello-speaks-after-election-victory/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by deboysben(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Yahaya bello... Thunder fire you several times.

I'm not surprised... After all he's a role model to some lazy yoot from the waste side.

200 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hehehe
I have nothing but pity for my kogi brothers n sisters from another mother

135 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
Thanks to Mr President for his backend support.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Larryfest(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
He just said the truth let everybody just accept it cos i believe if he was owing workers salary he wouldn't have been reelected so the good people of Kogi brace up it's gonna be a long 4years of suffering and smiling..

316 Likes 20 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by SOFTENGR: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
Love speech:
Yaya bello has paid Kogi worker's salary. He's not owing anybody.
There is no violence in Kogi election. Everywhere was as peaceful as Yaya bello.

May the lives of all the political supporters of APC be as peaceful as they conducted themselves in the election.

181 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by mcbreeze: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Calling Nigeria a zoo Nation is understatement.
Animal don't eat follow animal as what we are witnessing in Nigeria.
It is sad, it is barbaric. He has admitted to the killing of PDP women leader, I am sure nothing will happen to him.
Injustice in Nigeria is too much to bear, and no one cares to help.

We are in deep shit

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by slimfit1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
SOFTENGR:
Love speech:
Yaya bello has paid Kogi worker's salary. He's not owing anybody.
There is no violence in Kogi election. Everywhere was as peaceful as Yaya bello.

May the lives of all the political supporters of APC be as peaceful as they conducted themselves in the election.

It is finished.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by mrvitalis(m): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
No body should complain of you are not from or staying in kogi ....they like him like that

If a people really want change no amount of intimidating can stop them from voting the person out

They don't hate bello enough

60 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by rejoice4eva(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
They are 'begging ' to forgive him to ensure security and peace" I don't understand bthis , some one should help oooooooo

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Edu3Again: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kogities Behold ur gov

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Teewhy2: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
He said: “All these reports of me owing salaries are lies. Past governors of Kogi State were owning salaries starting from Audu to my immediate predecessor. Kogi state is not owning any dime at the state level, what is left is the ten percent from the previous government

why not say this before the election, Is government not continuous why will he say it was the previous PDP government that was owning.
well the people of kogi has made their choice they should live with the consequence of their actions.

“As for El-Rufai kneeling, he was begging that Kogi people should forgive Bello for ensuring security and ensuring the state was peaceful and not because he could not pay salaries.”

Are you kidney me.

On the claim of people being killed during the election, Bello said: “After I was declared winner, a PDP thug stabbed somebody and ran into the house of their women leader but he was caught and dealt with.

How was he dealt with, you mean he was killed and you as the number 1 citizen is happy that one of your idigines was killed.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kogites una dey on a long thing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by athaboi(f): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
E don set, Lobatan

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Dandsome: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chai. Kogi people ntorrrrr

Are you single and in need of a wife but bride price has been your problem?

Worry no more cos your prayers have been answered.

What to do??

Just get a Kogi girl, go to her family house. Price very well they will accept the little money you bring because famine is coming to Kogi state.

The family will say at all at all na winch and they will collect the money you brought.

Happy married life.

Now back to Kogi state people, Hmmm brace up. My prayers are with you guys.

15 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Jestin: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
I just dey laugh Kogi people for bringing this mad man back

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Duggedised12(f): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
mcbreeze:
Calling Nigeria a zoo Nation is understatement.
Animal don't eat follow animal as what we are witnessing in Nigeria.
It is sad, it is barbaric. He has admitted to the killing of PDP women leader, I am sure nothing will happen to him.
Injustice in Nigeria is too much to bear, and no one cares to help.

We are in deep shit
Nigeria is a jungle, a perfect representation of animal farm.
A zoo is too organized to be likened to Nigeria.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by careytommy37(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
But its the truth na.
Gomina promptly paid up all salary arrears DURING the elections. Thus, he is not owing any dime!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

NB: Picture evidence of the gomina's agent paying off kogi zone-bees

19 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by leofab(f): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
Don’t even think about fighting for Nigerians... they put sentiment first before intelligence... very backward race.

A rare picture of Kogi indigene below...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Chibuzoc(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
E don happen

In nigeria we have 3 types of citizens
1 Biafrans
2 Marlians
3 Nigerians

Me I'm a Biafran

17 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by LOWLIFER: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Pangea: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
grin
Nigerians will soon get sense, sebi una like to play sentiment politics?
Aishat say make una forgive, una forgive,
And you reward the idiot that suffer una with another 4 years
Una never start!
Una go see pool paper, una go call am money!

Ride on Yahyah!
Show dem pepper!

19 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Reffone: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
Evil create evil

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by crazyABO(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ghen ghen ghen ghen eshin shin Kari pomo grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by iamawara(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lol. Una never see anything. No be Yahaya Bello? Kogi enjoy oh

18 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by PapaBaby: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abi o
Carry go ja re, don't pay salary now till you leave office.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by HeIlinues: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Next Level

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
what about the backlog of unpaid salaries.. you mean those ones don enter voicemail abi.. this man is in the class of dictators.. I pity the future of this country!

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by helinues: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
All the best to Kogi people as dem say na Yaya fit do am

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory by Pavore9: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Coward! Why didn't he say it during campaign?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Performs At Alex Otti’s Inauguration Party In Abia (Video/Photos) / Meet The 4 Governorship Aspirants Contesting For The Osun PDP Ticket Today / UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.