Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? (1096 Views)

Rev Up Your Devops Skills: Navigating The Fast Lane To Efficiency On A Budget! / Service Lane From 5 Star B/stop To Dhl At Oshodi-isolo Turned To One Way / China's 50 Lane Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
The habit is highly infuriating. There is a reason why it is called a 'pass' or a 'fast' lane. Could it be that so many of them are ignorant or insensitive? Women, micras and even some men are guilty of this.

But worse culprits are the tricycle riders who seem to believe that the dotted centre lines are drawn specially for them to guide their keke to the centre of the road. Those ones don't even stick to the fast lane. They drive down the exact centre of the road.

Are there no traffic laws that prohibit this irritating behaviour?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by KINGreignn: 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
The habit is highly infuriating. There is a reason why it is called a 'pass' or a 'fast' lane. Could it be that so many of them are ignorant or insensitive? Women, micras and even some men are guilty of this.

But worse culprits are the tricycle riders who seem to believe that the dotted centre lines are drawn specially for them to guide their keke to the centre of the road. Those ones don't even stick to the fast lane. They drive down the exact centre of the road.

Are there no traffic laws that prohibit this irritating behaviour?

Its very frustrating and when you correct them, they act like fools and start speaking rudely.

That's the quality of fellows we have in this part of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by blackboy(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
They dont know which is fast lane or slow lane

2 Likes

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by angelEmade: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
we have too many traffic laws already so dont bring another one...
our roads are bad...
sometimes back i was driving my dad's sequoia suv....v8 on a fastlane when the vehichle in front of me suddenly applied full break cux he saw a ditch...right there at e center of the road!
my dad's sequoia dragged on the tar as i applied the breaks and thebbeast of a vehicle almost tilted. i vowed never to speed again! fastlane or not

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
angelEmade:
our roads are bad...
sometimes back i was driving my dad's sequoia suv....v8 on a fastlane when the vehichle in front of me suddenly applied full break cux he saw a ditch...right there at e center of the road!
my dad's sequoia dragged on the tar as i applied the breaks and thebbeast of a vehicle almost tilted. i vowed never tob speed again! fastlane or not
You my dear art very wise.
In Lagos 40 is even high speed. The road no good Abeg. Just this morning one pothole remove my engine cover. Automatic 8k. Drive slowly. Surest way to arrive well and safe

4 Likes

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by eTECTIV: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
Dats becos so many ppl don't know whixh is fastlane or not. To dem na any side of d road is also d road...

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by dicksonadams(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
Shibaraba:

You my dear art very wise.
In Lagos 40 is even high speed. The road no good Abeg. Just this morning one pothole remove my engine cover. Automatic 8k. Drive slowly. Surest way to arrive well and safe

Drive safely and carefully... Fast lane or not, make God dey keep us
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by Benzgang: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bros this behaviour makes me want to commit homicide most times.
See ehn,I am a very fast driver and I mean it.But then,I always pull over to the slow lane irrespective of how fast I am going to give way for a faster driver,not stay there.
There is one thing i do when someone is going slow on the fast lane.I accelerate very violently and hard,pass him,get in front of him,then slam the brakes very hard to come to an emergency stop.
Their reaction always make me happy grin
The way they fumble with their steering and sway from side to side gives me joy.
I most times wish an incoming truck ram them as they are swaying and total their cars for that fuckerish behaviour.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by colly1860: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
angelEmade:
our roads are bad...
my dad's sequoia dragged on the tar as i applied the breaks and thebbeast of a vehicle almost tilted. i vowed never to speed again! fastlane or not
Nigerian babes dey drive with speed shocked shocked
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by KINGreignn: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
Benzgang:
Bros this behaviour makes me want to commit homicide most times.
See ehn,I am a very fast driver and I mean it.But then,I always pull over to the slow lane irrespective of how fast I am going to give way for a faster driver,not stay there.
There is one thing i do when someone is going slow on the fast lane.I accelerate very violently and hard,pass him,get in front of him,then slam the brakes very hard to come to an emergency stop.
Their reaction always make me happy grin
The way they fumble with their steering and sway from side to side gives me joy.
I most times wish an incoming truck ram them as they are swaying and total their cars for that fuckerish behaviour.
Nonsense.

I pray and hope you'd try this to a very frustrated and angry trigger happy drunk officer ...

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Drive Slowly In The Fast Lane? by xreal: 12:29am On Mar 24, 2020
Simply because they don’t know the driving rules.

(1) (Reply)

Barely Used Honda Accord 2012 With Very Low Mileage For N1,800,000 Neg / Registered Clean Rx 350 2008 Model / Distress Sale!!! Foreign Used 2013 Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.