Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics (64676 Views)

Kanayo O Kanayo And His Children - Daughter & Sons (Throwback Photos) / Kanayo O. Kanayo And Chizzy Alichi Strike A Pose / Kanayo O Kanayo And His Family At His Call To Bar Ceremony (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Exclusivebae(f): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hijab is not just for Muslims alone. Norther women in general cover their hair. I know some them here in Lagos that are Christians yet wear hijab. It is against their tradition and culture for a woman to open her hair. Hijab is not just for Muslims...

SalamRushdie:
And the ladies had to come with their Hijab? The Catholic Church shouldn't have involved itself in such that is capable breaching the peace especially at this time when Muslims are accusing Christians of " stealing and converting their kids". There was no need to announce that Muslim sisters did baptism neither was there any need for them to wear hijab for the photo op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by BreconHills(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Baptism is a man made concept
To Think God will not allow you enter Heaven because you are not baptized, is indirectly an INSULT To God.
An omnipotent all knowing all loving God.
So those kids that live in incubators, then die after 1 week will not go to Heaven because they did not do "baptism"

Baptism is not a man made concept and neither will anyone go to hell because they were not baptised. Baptism is a symbol of death and renewal. It represents a break with the past and the beginning of a new life. It allows the senses to appreciate a spiritual intangibility. The key requirement for salvation is faith n the death of Jesus as the single basis for addressing sin and the power of sin. Baptism is a public acknowledgement of faith. The thief on the Cross was not baptised and yet Jesus said concerning him " Today you will be with me in paradise"

One of the challenges we face as we discuss issues on social media is the growing tendency to view truth as being an "either or" thing whereas it can also be a " this and that" matter. We must be able to make sense of two seemingly opposing truths at the same time.

Having said all this I understand your indignation at the culturalization of faith making what is essentially simple and direct into a byzantine maze of laws and regulations. I share your feelings.

1 Like

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by gfullmoon(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
When are we expecting the part /season 2?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by bonnyhope: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
Upworkwriter007:

U know catholics don't believe that you'll go to hell for not being baptized right? Its seen as an important symbol of you accepting the death and resurrection of Christ..

Catholic is not the only denomination that offers the sacrament of baptism
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Jimbadly: 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
madridsta007:

Islam is a religion of peace. There is no compulsion in Islam.
They wouldnt say anything because there is no compulsion in Islam. I respect them.

Stop lying through your teeth. undecided

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by nellyelitz(m): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
Almost the same religion. Just that one is violent and conquest in nature and a slight diff for the other is that they use the holy scripures even thou they turn it upside down, both of them don't play with beads and funny practices. #ri
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by nellyelitz(m): 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
Almost the same religion. Just that one is violent and conquest in nature and a slight diff for the other is that they use the holy scripures even thou they turn it upside down, both of them don't play with beads and funny practices. #riR
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by chigbo25: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
To Think God will not allow you enter Heaven because you are not baptized, is indirectly an INSULT To God.
So those kids that live in incubators, then die after 1 week will not go to Heaven because they did not do "baptism"

Where is this ur comment coming from oga
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Nnamebuka: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
PJay77:
When Peter entered the house of Cornelius we are told he baptised the entire household. We are not told he separated the kids from adults. Also, Jesus said :"Let the children come to me" That is deep and symbolic. That's what the Catholic church does. Taking the kids to Christ. Catch them young

Neither were you told that Cornelius had minor children (kids).

In Mathew 3:11 Jesus said he baptizes people as a symbol of their repentance. Beside inherited sin children in their minor state does not require repentance but adults do.

However am not saying that children does not require salvation at least for their sake of inherited imperfection. 1 Corinthians 7:14 says that children of believers are regarded as holy by God. They don't need baptism for God to regard them as such until they turn to adulthood to decide if they wish to serve God or not. At this point God no longer see them through the lense of their believing parents but through their actions or decisions.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by AgentNairaland(f): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
It Is My Prayer May Slaves Of Muhammad And Allah Never Go After There Lives..

For it's Written In Quran That Thou shall Kill anyone who leaves Islam. Quran
2:217, 4:89
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by micflo28(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Welcome home guys. In Christ Jesus is our refuge. Loving the catholic church. Not money driven since 1800. No audio miracles, no tv jingles for members. Just pure love of Jesus Christ and the will to be his soldier

2 Likes

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by SexytorresE(f): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
reason why religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by madjune(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
What's the name of the movie?
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
. YOU ARE RIGHT, I AM A TEACHER OF THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, BAPTISM IS NOT A GUARANTEE TO MAKING HEAVEN, BUT YOUR SALVATION.

1 Like

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Ubiudumo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mrs.Shuwa has not changed o.My NLS criminal litigation lecturer at the Abuja campus that year.l miss law school.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Kagarko(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
Boringdraw1:
Prof. Muric must react like a hy­drochlo­ric acid MiX with water.

Why will MURIC Director react to baseless news from the op.

The conversion is a scam on the path of the Catholic Church.

No Muslim who knows Islam will convert. It's like migrating to darkness from light.

Please taste the sweetness of Islam and see your life.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by MOVIC6: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:

sometimes you ask before you say.
those kids are God's creatures jus like all of us, if you are a Christian, u must be baptized, that makes you the child of God in Christ and a heaven candidate but if you are not a Christian and still believe in doing good to your fellow man, my brother you are as qualified as a baptized Christian but it will more glorious if you are among they brethren of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Chijeep(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
see small god dat is judging.

if Dey do 1 u go shout not in d Bible

if Dey do another u go still shout not necessary.

Bros, e b like say u need wetin I no fit explain ooo
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by SmellingAnus(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
midnighter:

Hm okay oh. What of Pentecostals? They are also powerful
sure they are powerful... Come to Rivers State... Every intending Governor must identify with a Pentecostal church... Those in Ph know that the name of that Church starts with S grin

Don't forget the VP of Naija attends a Pentecostal Church...
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by poik(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mrcomedimatic:
On Sunday, at the Nigerian Law Bwari Abuja, Nollywood actor Kanayo O. Kanayo who is currently an aspirant to the Bar, officially became a member of the Catholic Church by receiving baptism and taking other sacraments of the Holy Church, alongside two other "Female Muslims who converted from Islam into the Catholic Faith" .

They found Jesus in Law School.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/nollywood-actor-kanayo-o-kanayo-and-two-muslim-sisters-baptised-as-catholic/

Catholicism created Islam na. There is no conversion here
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by nadiq1: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
From frypan to fire�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Octaves(m): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:
And the ladies had to come with their Hijab? The Catholic Church shouldn't have involved itself in such that is capable breaching the peace especially at this time when Muslims are accusing Christians of " stealing and converting their kids". There was no need to announce that Muslim sisters did baptism neither was there any need for them to wear hijab for the photo op
The Catholic church should and does involve herself with anybody that is willing to receive salvation.
You have no point Sir. If Muslims willingly converting to Christianity will breach the peace. Then your holy book lies when it says there is no compulsion in religion
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:
You need a brain reset, Muslim fanatic.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by SalamRushdie: 11:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mandeyy:
You need a brain reset, Muslim fanatic.

I am Catholic so shut up if your brain can't process what I wrote
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Ndipe(m): 11:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

I am Catholic so shut up if your brain can't process what I wrote
I'm Catholic too, but you made no sense in your comment.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by Ysd1: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:

It is no longer hijab, it is now 'Ichafu' or hair cover which is allowed inside the catholic church.

First picture
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by ifyboy60(m): 1:08am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:

It is no longer hijab, it is now 'Ichafu' or hair cover which is allowed inside the catholic church.

he is just a Catholic hater, imagine saying water baptism is pointless.
that's how they stay at home and let false beliefs ruin their lives.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by ifyboy60(m): 1:15am On Nov 20, 2019
IMAliyu:

In Protestant Christianity baptism doesn't prevent one from entering heaven.
In catholicism all unbaptised persons can't enter heaven, but those that don't deserve hell will just end up in purgatory.
Though i think the Pope and Catholic church have changed their position on this.

don't say what u don't know.
in catholicm baptism is an outward sign of inward grace. it is a sign that initiates u into the church.
Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo And Two Ex-Muslim Sisters Baptised As Catholics by ifyboy60(m): 1:17am On Nov 20, 2019
midnighter:

Okay I understand it now. I am a protestant, I didn't know Catholics believed something different

and who told he is right.

Catholics believe baptism is an outward sign of inward grace. its a sign that u now belong to the Christian fold

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Of You Remember This Man? / Colin Farrell Vs Brad Pitt / EndSARS: DJ Cuppy Protests Under The Rain While In Self Isolation (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.