Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) (61217 Views)

Buhari Honours Tobi Amusan With OON Award (Video, Photos) / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Aisha Buhari Honours Airport Cleaner Who Returned Lost Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by englishmart(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Amadioha

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Trimque2k1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

This lady "repeatedly" returned forgotten millions.

Buhari should open the gate for her to claim her own wealth. Give her a hefty reward, make her brand ambassador for anti-corruption crusade and bring her along to every APC national rally as a face of honesty and trust.

sense isn't far from ur domain jor

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by franugo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abfinest007:
is a lie .he rejected it because someone else was there if he was alone will he reject it

Don't be foolish. With dt amount, he could have shared to everyone present and still have like 100M to himself.....dt is of course, if d story is true...150M is not a small sturrff o undecided

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Ekwuemma(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
Na only Enugu woman fit do this kudos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Harrison4adam(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chooii... How on Earth can I find $12m and return it. Hell NO!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Godhatesodomy: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
Wow

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by hopexter(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
He rejected it cos it was too small. Check the ones he's collected and stop being too easy to deceive angry angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Ojiofor: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
priceaction:
when will he honor ganduje?

Already honored and rewarded with second term.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Victory2222: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Story for the gods
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by gbagyiza: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abfinest007:
is a lie .he rejected it because someone else was there if he was alone will he reject it

I am assuring u that we still have gud Nigerians. Many good Nigerians will reject d offer even when no one is involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by grandstar(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Buhari should open the gate for her to claim her own wealth. Give her a hefty reward, make her brand ambassador for anti-corruption crusade and bring her along to every APC national rally as a face of honesty and trust.

Wetin concern fish with raincoat? That award wey Buhari give am don do for him. An M.O.N without they E.Y grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by correctguy2010: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
Alimani:
President Buhari has presented Integrity awards to two public servants, Bashir Abubakar and Mrs Josephine Ugwu of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, for exhibiting Integrity in the performance of their official duties.

Buhari presented the awards to the recipients at the opening of the two-day National Summit on Diminishing Corruption in Public Sector held at the State House Banquet hall, Abuja.

The event is being organized by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in collaboration with Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC).

The Assistant Comptroller-General of Customs, Bashir Abubakar rejected 412,000 dollars (N150 million) bribe offered to him by drug traffickers to import 40 containers laden with Tramadol, a controlled and highly addictive drug.

Ugwu, a former cleaner at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos had on different occasions returned millions of naira found in the course of her duty, including the sum of N12 million dollars forgotten in the toilet by an airport user.

Speaking at the event, Buhari stressed the need for Nigerians to uphold the traditionally cherished values of honesty and integrity.

‘‘Let me again note with concern the need to uphold the values of loyalty, honesty, trust, and integrity that were once cherished in our public service. Ethics and integrity are the foundation of an enduring society.

‘‘Nigerian culture does not tolerate dishonesty. Therefore, we must reclaim our traditional values of honesty, integrity and hard work. In spite of the few bad eggs, I am delighted that many Nigerians still hold on to our traditionally cherished values of honesty and integrity,” he said.

Buhari called on the National Assembly to fast-track the passage of the Special Crimes Court Bill. He also urged the judiciary to embrace and support the creation of the Special Crimes Court.

He said: ‘‘the fight against corruption is of course not only for government and anti-corruption agencies alone. All arms and tiers of government must develop and implement the anti-corruption measures. I invite the legislative and judicial arms of government to embrace and support the creation of Special Crimes Court that Nigerians have been agitating for to handle corruption cases.’’

President Buhari noted that the passage of the Bill was a ‘‘specific priority’’ of this administration’s Economic Recovery & Growth Plan 2017-2020. The President also used the occasion, which marked the launch of the Constituency Projects Transparency Group (CPTG) Report Phase One, to reiterate his appeal to all well-meaning Nigerians to join in the fight against corruption.

‘‘The war against corruption cannot be won without prevention, enforcement, public education and enlightenment. I encourage the ICPC and other law enforcement agencies to intensify their efforts in public education, enlightenment and engagement with citizens.

‘‘I also urge our development partners, civil society organizations, and the media to continue to support our efforts to strengthen ethical values and integrity in Nigeria,’’ he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/19/buhari-honours-customs-officer-who-rejected-n150m-bribe/amp/

Somebody get mind return 12 million dollars, over 4 billion naira. People get mind o. I know i will have also returned the money sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by ud4u: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kudos to you guys for this merited awards.

Then buhari and his cohorts are busy milking Nigeria dry, pls expect heavenly reward soon.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Timileyin1234(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
freemanq:
president wey dey alive or dead President?
Did u read news today about the guy that was jailed in Kano for abusing state lawmakers. I pity u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Theoarhics: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
God don't let me return your blessing back to whom you have used to bless me with.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Trutherme: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ok
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Did anyone notice @op wrote N12 million dollars
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
capitalzero:

Everybody is not a thief. Get that to your brain.

But Buhari is a thief....
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Nolongthing3669: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abfinest007:
Not everyone is like u bro
We have people with good, clean and kind heart
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
paix:
Presidential handshake. You don shake president before?

Buhari"s handshake adds no value to a man's life it only brings hardship nd frustration.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by shilexholly(m): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
I don't know who needs to hear this "everthing will be alright one day, just be patient
Ori e baje for trying to console people instead of ur sef... Lol �
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
She returned N12 milllion Dollars? undecided What kinda Junk journalism is this?

Anyway, i would taken the N12 million dollars, Which ever it is.

And oh! including the 150 million Naira..

I am sure APC and Buhari would have kept the cash too. Audio Anti kwaruptian
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Horo(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
How can someone forgot 12m dollars in the toilet not even naira oh Kai this one look one kind oh just my tot sha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Kenny9857(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
Make I just cross from agric school to custom jeje, abeg when will change of school form go dey available

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by gr8tone: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
I believe those guys are not poor or it's all political gimmick. A poor man cannot allow a destiny changer as such to pass him by without blessings
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

U started very well but ended it wit jagoons.
Did d woman tell u she be APC member or even a politician??
Make she go APC rally make APC thugs kill her for her children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by omenka1: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Timileyin1234:
I would have collected it, and the 12million dollar. Maybe there is security camera there, cos I know if I don’t carry all I go comot 1million dollas . Corruption didn’t start from me
People like you can't break the vicious cycle....it is so unfortunate. The irony of it is that you are the one that demand for a new Nigeria the most
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Rockyrascal(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ha! is our president in town; when did he come back?
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by idonhammer: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Useless woman, as if she will make that money before she died.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Bbass1990(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
Somebody is confusing somebody here oooo,

Do u mean N12million or 12 million dollars

?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Poses His Customized Benz (Pictures) / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / Prophet, J.K. Hephzibah: “pray For Buhari, Osinbajo Not To Die In Power”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.