Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security (61135 Views)

Queen’s College Student Who Fixed Fake Eyelashes To School To Face Panel / Nnachi Grace Amarachukwu Of Queens College Wins LCCI 2019 Essay Competition / At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by tooth4tooth: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2019
Hoephase:

I don't think you put some thoughts in your statement.

Yes it is a school guided by rules and regulations. Does the regulations state that public shaming is the punishment for not dressing as prescribed in the school dress code?

Secondly, she looks like a teen this is a critical period in her developmental phase, I believe the school should have had a private talk with the mom and daughter, and let them understand that such is not acceptable.

While in the principle office she should be made to take it off and serve her punishment quietly.

Publicly humiliating her does nothing but exposes the school to law suits.

Now is time to teach me how to think.

Is the mother the only mother in that school Or is her child the only child to ever be punished ......So driving to the school premises to make a scene under the watchful eyes of other kids will make the authority to bend their rules....Common!!!

I agree with you that the teen is in developmental phase ,not critical though. She knows the rules she bends it . It is like challenging the authority to a duel. What stopped the mother from walking straight to the principal's office to make a complain if there is any

Which law suit It is the woman that is risking jail for constituting public menace. There are a lot of children in the school that has a lot growing ups to do,future fathers ,mother and leaders. What kind of example is the mother laying. All I see here is a bad influence to good mothers out there.

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Beesluv: 8:35am On Nov 20, 2019
End time mother.

In case she still wants to resume, the family should be made to write an apology letter and read on the assembly ground by the student

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by churchee: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Oh my mercy! My street is in the news, but for the wrong reason.

By the way, did they not say that morality is personal? Oya, advocates of this phrase should come take her in because everyone there is wrong except the teen and her mother.

radarada.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by PDPGuy: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2019
freethesheeple:

newest oloshi in making...
Na this one dey Bleep even gate man for Nigeria movie industry to make her ontop.
Later she go thank God instead of her pussy.
And you thought you made a reasonable point. Smh
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by tooth4tooth: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2019
contigiency:

Don't mind those olodos who have no respect for any lay down rules, and yet want to see eldorado of a country. If I were any of those security men, I would manhandle the little girl and her stupid mother. Fake people everywhere.
As if you knew.Kids like this have nothing upstairs undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by autonomous22: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2019
Girl wey don ripripe finish
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by autonomous22: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Girl wey don ripe finish
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by omakay(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
If this same scenario played out in any of the Command Day Secondary Schools in the country, am not sure we will even hear of it.

The soldiers at the gate would not even send her back home, they would take her in and give her drilling so bad that the mother would wish that this 'QC option' would have being much better.

We are looking and cheering on a young girl who would be that woman tomorrow who cannot take instructions and directives in her work place all in the name of 'rules, law and order do not matter'

And i am so sure that secondary schools with a much higher reputation and finance burden heavier than Queen's College would not take such nonsense. Security personnel of such schools would send the girl back hope without hesitation and the mother would even send them a 'thank you' card for for ensuring strict discipline. grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Tsufyaan: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=84192074][/quote]

You are very correct. I dove my hat for you!
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by adebayosun02: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2019
After, they will be complaining of RAPE

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by naptu2: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2019
ornicus:

Unpopular opinion, QC should go Eton style and screen students based on family pedigree. Look at the ras woman. Ghetto fabulous.

The guys are wrong, but if they don’t video, the woman will run to SM with her own narrative. What nonsense.

Let her find a mushroom school. There are many of them. Her child can even wear bum short and thong, as long as her parents pay school fees

[quote author=mapet post=84193504][/quote]

A similar situation occurred in that same school 32 years ago.

There’s a particular family that I know. For some reason (I don’t know why) they never cut their hair. The boy had a massive afro.

Queens College had a legendary principal in the 1980s called Mrs Kafaru. Everybody respected her and she was able to run the school successfully for many years. She instilled discipline in the students and encouraged them to strive for excellence. That was not an easy feat if you remember that this was the 1980s when the children of the powerful people in society attended government schools in Nigeria (people like Gumsu Abacha and Hafsat Abiola attended QC at that time).

However, Mrs Kafaru retired c1987 and they brought a principal from another Unity School to replace her. This principal probably did not realise how difficult it was to run QC.

The new principal ordered the teachers should pull aside girls with illegal hairstyles and cut their hair. This was done on the assembly ground. One of the girls from that family was at Queens College at the time. The teachers cut her hair.

Her father stormed the school the next day, got the girl to point out the teacher that cut her hair and then proceeded to cut the teacher’s hair.

There was a massive front page headline in Vanguard the next day, “Queens College Converted To Barber’s Shop”.

The father and my dad belonged to a particular association and my dad told me that they tongue-lashed the girl’s father at their next meeting.

However, the principal was transferred out of Queens College the next week. Someone in Queens College told me that Jubril Aminu (who was the minister of education at the time) visited the home of one of the girls whose hair was cut. He saw her hair and asked her what happened. She told him and the principal was transferred the next week.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
daddytime:

You too bro...

No mind my mouth jare
No wahala, na me talk pass, sorry for that, no vex abeg. Later na.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by xjiggy: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
Till we learn we're Africans not Americans, we'll continue to grope in dark alleys of mental slavery. The quest for political correctness is dumbing down Human intelligence and the perception of what is right. Bad parenting is the cause of depressed, suicidal and mass shooting teenagers in America. And here we are in Nigeria with diverse problems we're yet to contend with, supporting a rebellious child and a morally destitute mother because we want to copy the lifestyle of foreigners to our own detriment. The sad thing is this child may end up being a menace to society and all of us will suffer the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by tooth4tooth: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
ZlatanIbile:
So, you’re justifying the rough handling and the unprofessional attitude of the school staff? There are better ways to go about things like this without it getting out of hands. And for me, if any idiot lays his hands on my daughter like the security man did to raise her face, he’s ready to bleed.

It is good you understand that any student that accompany their parent to fight the school authority especially the teachers, don't make headway in education
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by BabbanBura(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2019
AryaSand:

Yes, but I didn't become a hoe as a minor in Secondary School.

Those it even matter at what point? What matters is who u really become, so free the poor little gal abeg, am sure she don dey collect p.rick tey tey
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2019
naptu2:

A similar situation occurred in that same school 32 years ago.

There’s a particular family that I know. For some reason (I don’t know why) they never cut their hair. The boy had a massive afro.

Queens College had a legendary principal in the 1980s called Mrs Kafaru. Everybody respected her and she was able to run the school successfully for many years. She instilled discipline in the students and encouraged them to strive for excellence. That was not an easy feat if you remember that this was the 1980s when the children of the powerful people in society attended government schools in Nigeria (people like Gumsu Abacha and Hafsat Abiola attended QC at that time).

However, Mrs Kafaru retired c1987 and they brought a principal from another Unity School to replace her. This principal probably did not realise how difficult it was to run QC.

The new principal ordered the teachers should pull aside girls with illegal hairstyles and cut their hair. This was done on the assembly ground. One of the girls from that family was at Queens College at the time. The teachers cut her hair.

Her father stormed the school the next day, got the girl to point out the teacher that cut her hair and then proceeded to cut the teacher’s hair.

There was a massive front page headline in Vanguard the next day, “Queens College Converted To Barber’s Shop”.

The father and my dad belonged to a particular association and my dad told me that they tongue-lashed the girl’s father at their next meeting.

However, the principal was transferred out of Queens College the next week. Someone in Queens College told me that Jubril Aminu (who was the minister of education at the time) visited the home of one of the girls whose hair was cut. He saw her hair and asked her what happened. She told him and the principal was transferred the next week.

I remembered this story as I was posting. grin

That caliber of parent would not be dressing their child like a music video slut, and they would resolve any matter with much more decorum.

Now QC is all man college.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by klashe(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2019
I don't even know what school it is but I'm pretty sure they have male staff either academic or non-academic. Sexual assault isn't always intentional. Things like this tempt some men (ain't among btw), the woman shouldn't have fought the man. She should have reported him to the school authorities for not allowing her daughter into the school (who knows if it's even part of the rules guiding the school). I see no reason why a secondary school girl (who most likely would have reach puberty) would be allowed by her parents (father and mother) to do stuffs like this.
odisman:

Tell me something is that where you do it? Are u a staff there cos is a girl's school or you are staying there. Answer if u get mind.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Hoephase: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2019
tricksters:
The school rules stated that is not acceptable n ensure the child is turn back at the gate. While your idea of inviting the child n mother to enlightenment seem no less, any mother old enough to have a girl within the 12 - 15 age bracket in secondary scjool does not have to be enlightened on dressing except such mother is completely mad or as always been mad.

Sweeping generalisation is the reason vulnerable group suffers in every society.

Who told you that anyone old enough to have a child that old is capable of doing the right thing?

Mental capacity, awareness and understanding how to raise a family has nothing to do with procreation. If you knock up a mental challenged female or a mad woman I am sure in 15 years time the child will be about fifteen, that doesn't automatically upgrades the mother's mental capacity or transform her from mad woman to a same woman that can make rational decision at all times.

I live in society where kids are taught for instance how to brush teeth properly and do basic everyday thing you would expect every parents to know. The truth is that not every parent has the capability to make rational decision at all time. This is a glitch in our reproductive system that rewards almost every one female and male of age with a baby irrespective of their mental capacity and their ability to successfully raised children.

In order to cater for this vulnerable subset of our population, whic of course is no fault of the child, we should endeavour to teach and help everyone grow rather than shaming and humiliating them into not being free to learn.

As not knowing things will only open them to ridicule, no one learns in such an environment.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:52am On Nov 20, 2019
The girl and her mother look irresponsible
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Chummynoni(m): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
MrOwonikoko:
What i have to say is that, charity begins at home! I drop my keyboard.

Push like button if you agree with me, push share button if you disagree with me undecided sad
wrong usage of english. its alarming d way pple misuse dis idiom"Charity begins at home". find someone enlightened to explain to you the meaning pls
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
brainhgeek:
Yes, she was very wrong to be dressed that way to school and she deserved to be turned back but I think the security guys didn't handle the situation well. She should have been corrected without a public disgrace. That probably made the woman lose her senses and wanted to show she is not a weakling

The woman is a visible idiot, likely the girl wasn't allowed into the school so she went to bring the mother.
Look at the length of her skirt, I Know one in my neighborhood, the skirt is cut to be slightly below the pant and her mother drives her to school.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Babaj02: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
Some persons are really not normal, a teenager fixing eyelashes, and you are here supporting her by comparing Nigeria to America to support your argument. Shame! This is Nigeria, we culture, traditions n norms that guide us in our society. The mother n the supporters should hide their faces in shame
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Hoephase: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2019
xjiggy:
Till we learn we're Africans not Americans, we'll continue to grope in dark alleys of mental slavery. The quest for political correctness is dumbing down Human intelligence and the perception of what is right. Bad parenting is the cause of depressed, suicidal and mass shooting teenagers in America. And here we are in Nigeria with diverse problems we're yet to contend with, supporting a rebellious child and a morally destitute mother because we want to copy the lifestyle of foreigners to our own detriment. The sad thing is this child may end up being a menace to society and all of us will suffer the consequences.

The menace we first today as Nigerians are the handiwork of people that lived the "African value". Obj, GEJ, IBB, Abacha, Buhari etc all lived in the era of sticking to African values, they dressed appropriately, respected their elders and speak with manners but today these same set of people have stolen and blunder our economic they are the pillars behind the suffering of the everyday man on the street.

Yes African value my left ass.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by adebayosun02: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2019
AuroraB:
Rude employees a whole Queen's College's got. Unorganized and hateful. Tueh!
NB. Uncouth response will be returned in equal measure. What if the Mother do know her daughter had eyelashes on.

Thank God the school security identify the indecent dressing hence the action
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Seunpaul01(m): 9:00am On Nov 20, 2019
Olosho daughter. See her swelled lips,, she don dey give Mouth Action before her time.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by paparazi1(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2019
Made4naijalove:
watch full video Click Here
Like mother like daughter, tomorrow she will cry foul ashaa
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Naijaarchive(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2019
tooth4tooth:

Now is time to teach me how to think.

Is the mother the only mother in that school Or is her child the only child to ever be punished ......So driving the the school premises to make a scene under the watchful eyes of other kids will make the authority to bend their rules....Common!!!

I agree with you that the teen is in developmental phase ,not critical though. She knows the rules she bends it . It is like challenging the authority to a duel. What stopped the mother from walking straight to the principal's office to make a complain if there is any

Which law suit It is the woman that is risking jail for constituting public menace. There are a lot of children in the school that has a lot growing ups to do,future fathers ,mother and leaders. What kind of example is the mother laying. All I see here is a bad influence to good mothers out there.

God bless you.... I really don't understand how some of we educated Nigerians think again...

NB: DRESS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE ADDRESSED... It that simple

People saying they won't take it... Will you allow your own daughter fix eye lashes at that age for any reason... Not to talk of wearing it to school?

As a student once you are in the school uniform you agreed to the schools terms and conditions... Every school has student handbook which contains the Dos and Don't

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by lloyds(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2019
AuroraB:
Rude employees a whole Queen's College's got. Unorganized and hateful. Tueh!
NB. Uncouth response will be returned in equal measure. What if the Mother do know her daughter had eyelashes on.

What is this one saying. .? Can u hear urself?
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Emary(f): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by akdjr(m): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2019
Imagine the comment from some people.saying American children wear eyelashes to school. So if American children goes to school naked we should emulate same?
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by CrownPrincehawk(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2019
I think I understand the situation well.

The woman is trying to train her child so that she can take over upon retirement.

Those staff acted fast because that little girl will use them as specimen for what she learnt @ home during the holiday.

Only genius can understand this.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2019
safarigirl:
so, they did not know such was unacceptable in QC?

Some people are just stubborn and want to show they are above the law, while I do not subscribe to the man handling and video recording of the girl, she certainly needed to be properly guided and her mother failed woefully in doing that.

The mother should have come up with a cooked up story if he didn't video them.
She might ask the daughter to remove the lashes and deny ever wearing such.
Take a look at the length of her skirt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel / See The Big Snake Killed At Dramatic Art Department, OAU (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.