Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case (305 Views)

Wike Wins 2023 Political Titan Award / 2023: Political Disgrace Awaits APC In Kano, Katsina, Zamfara & Sokoto - Sarki / Ministerial Appointments: How Buhari Is Building His 2023 Political Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case by MetaPhysical: 3:11am On Nov 20, 2019
May he live long and in wellness! ...when Baba Obasanjo passes, who are the eligible candidates to fill his political shoes? They need to be identified while Baba is still around.

Many have wondered what GEJ has been doing since leaving government, what his legacy would be and whether or not he is able to redeem his image from the prodigal Presidency he led. GEJ once called OBJ the godfather of godfathers, the boss of bosses! This is true! No past Nigerian leader has attained the notoriety that follows Obasanjo, whether in military, as a political figure or even as a private citizen. None of the heavy weights thrown in prison by Abacha came out alive but OBJ did....more than that, OBJ survived Abacha! When we look outside our shores, no African leader, from North Africa to South Africa, from West to East and the Central, commands as much credibility and trust with foreign governments as Baba OBJ. Can GEJ be our next political OBJ? If he has what it takes it was not demonstrated during his rule as President, but what happened in Bayelsa's 2019 Governorship election is an outcome that is potent with many interpretations. What is GEJ doing?

We Yoruba call it displacement in the political market. Let me describe it.

I have 5million ordinary shares of Yam Flour Inc (Amala) grin Cassava Mills Inc is competing with Yam to dominate market share for grains and mills, so it offers 50million ordinary shares to raise capital and expand production. I quickly buy 35million of the 50 and hold on to it for two years. Third year, I dumped all 35million and flooded the market. The supply will overwhelm demand, and so naturally price falls rapidly. 15million of those shares is out there somewhere in private hands. Panic hits the Cassava Mill shares and the 15million plus many more previously invested were further dumped by their owners to further plummet value and confidence in Cassava Mill. In this scenario my interest is the success of Yam Flour but I want to displace Cassava and make it fail so I can monopolize market and price in future. I first gave Cassava a short term market boost ahead of my market (Yam) equity....three years later I unleashed strategy and displaced Cassava from market domination.

In advanced countries government usually put in place a trade protection policy that caps how much of capital (real estate, gold, corporate stocks) foreigners can hold.

Could GEJ's action be taken as a pro-APC stance? Not so fast! grin I return to OBJ and his pandora bag of tricks. OBJ wanted to blanket SW with PDP. The first thing he did was to sleep in same bed with Governors in AD. He first gave them victory ahead of his own party PDP...and then came from behind to displace them and put in their place PDP Governors. Tinubu was the only survivor!

Displacement is nature's way of crowning new rulers and empires. Those who perfect the art of displacement rule the political market. GEJ has earned his first displacement in Bayelsa, and it is very meaningful as well as very strategic for the political shift in 2023. Could he anoint who will be PDPs next flag bearer...and score more displacements between now and 2023?

We shall see....a new Lion King is in the making!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case by iornenge81(m): 3:19am On Nov 20, 2019
OK oo
Re: 2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case by mrvitalis(m): 3:22am On Nov 20, 2019
Jonathan preventing Timi alaibe from going to another party shows he wanted APC to win

Lyon moved to APC just last year ,...no one can be a god father is most south south n south east state ...ibori allows the governors free hands

Dickson wanted to become lord in bayelsa so the needful was done ...don't read to much to it
Re: 2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case by MetaPhysical: 3:36am On Nov 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
Jonathan preventing Timi alaibe from going to another party shows he wanted APC to win

Lyon moved to APC just last year ,...no one can be a god father is most south south n south east state ...ibori allows the governors free hands

Dickson wanted to become lord in bayelsa so the needful was done ...don't read to much to it

What is motive? Share
Re: 2023: Political Market - The Bayelsa Case by mrvitalis(m): 3:37am On Nov 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

What is motive? Share
Payback thats all

(1) (Reply)

INEC Presents N1.9M To Family Of Late Corper Who Died During Election In Oyo / Senator Elisha Abbo's Response To A Youth Who Called Him Out For Supporting The / I Will Not Re-open Land Borders — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.