Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,302 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. (1790 Views)

My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From The Shop,please Help / My Stubborn Wife Arm Rest Chair For Sale With Comfortable Leg Hooks / Problem With A Tenant(how Do You Deal With Stubborn Tenant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 5:32am On Nov 20, 2019
One of my tenant has this habit of disappearing for some months before renewing her rent whenever it is due. This has become part of her that i have decided to eject her from my house but the problem is that for the past 8months that her rent has expired, i have never set my eyes on her and all efforts to reach her through her phone has proved abortive as her number her been switched off. Please i want to know if there is any legal way(s) of ejecting her in her absent, your wealth of knowledge is needed here landlords and the honourable learned gentlemen cum legal luminaries in the house.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by alonzoiv(m): 5:38am On Nov 20, 2019
Look up previous similar threads and draw advice from them.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Capeverde: 5:59am On Nov 20, 2019
Very simple,sick for a legal advice,but from my experience,go to the court serve a one month quit notice, because quiting someone legally is a procedure, after the first noticed expires then she might eventually shows up,but if not give her another two weeks notice again because that's the legal procedure and make sure the letters are kept where she can see it immediately she comes even if you are not around.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 20, 2019
Find one calabash, put red oil, boiled eggs, akara, kolanut, locust beans, white pigeon etc put red cloth around the calabash. put her picture in it. then sprinkle red oil around the calabash. place it right in front of her door whenever she show.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Skyfornia(m): 7:17am On Nov 20, 2019
Soon landlords will start requesting for sureties/guarantors before renting their apartments
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Beelion: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2019
Are you in Lagos? If yes, look for a mediation centre in the area where the house is located and report her. Will get quick justice. You will thank for this.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2019
alonzoiv:
Look up previous similar threads and draw advice from them.
This case is different because she has not been around since the day her rent expired.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by elchariotlp: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2019
Beelion:
Are you in Lagos? If yes, look for a mediation centre in the area where the house is located and report her. Will get quick justice. You will thank for this.

Mediation wont be of help since the Tenant is not available.

The Tenant appears to have abandoned her tenancy and this requires a special procedure to force open the house and throw out her properties.

I will advice you to contact a Lawyer within your neighborhood for further advice.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2019
Capeverde:
Very simple,sick for a legal advice,but from my experience,go to the court serve a one month quit notice, because quiting someone legally is a procedure, after the first noticed expires then she might eventually shows up,but if not give her another two weeks notice again because that's the legal procedure and make sure the letters are kept where she can see it immediately she comes even if you are not around.
a close friend of her confided in me that she travelled to Nasarawa State and there is no way to locate her, so how do you think that the quit notice will reach her hand.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 7:55am On Nov 20, 2019
okorotalkative:
Find one calabash, put red oil, boiled eggs, akara, kolanut, locust beans, white pigeon etc put red cloth around the calabash. put her picture in it. then sprinkle red oil around the calabash. place it right in front of her door whenever she show.
This one for make sense but i no know where i go get Calabash.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2019
Skyfornia:
Soon landlords will start requesting for sureties/guarantors before renting their apartments
I tell you, the funny part is that the guy that once claimed to be her surety told me that he no longer has anything to do with her that i should deal with her directly.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2019
Beelion:
No sir, i base in Niger State.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Skyfornia(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2019
benpuzzy:
I tell you, the funny part is that the guy that once claimed to be her surety told me that he no longer has anything to do with her that i should deal with her directly.

Is it before she vanished or after?
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by hinere(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2019
The op should have posted this on properties instead.... Property lawyers over there would have insight on this issue....

Just my opinion.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Skyfornia:

Is it before she vanished or after?
After she vanished.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
hinere:
The op should have posted this on properties instead.... Property lawyers over there would have insight on this issue....

Just my opinion.
Thanks for your advice i felt it will get more audience here that was why i posted it here, i don't know if it will be possible for the mod to help transfer it to property section, once again thanks.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
elchariotlp:

Mediation wont be of help since the Tenant is not available.

The Tenant appears to have abandoned her tenancy and this requires a special procedure to force open the house and throw out her properties.

I will advice you to contact a Lawyer within your neighborhood for further advice.
you nailed it sir that is the main reason i am been very much carefull with her case, i will inform my Lawyer friend again.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by nickvanilla(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
benpuzzy:
One of my tenant has this habit of disappearing for some months before renewing her rent whenever it is due. This has become part of her that i have decided to eject her from my house but the problem is that for the past 8months that her rent has expired, i have never set my eyes on her and all efforts to reach her through her phone has proved abortive as her number her been switched off. Please i want to know if there is any legal way(s) of ejecting her in her absent, your wealth of knowledge is needed here landlords and the honourable learned gentlemen cum legal luminaries in the house.

Just look for an experienced property lawyer in Niger State. There are various valid reasons for ejecting a tenant of this nature grin. I am sure a good property lawyer will select the best one.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Skyfornia(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
benpuzzy:
After she vanished.

You should hold him or her responsible...he or she must provide the girl
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
Skyfornia:

You should hold him or her responsible...he or she must provide the girl
Noted Boss.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by paix(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
Just hire some lepers and give them one room to stay in the compound. That would serve as a quit notice.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by excanny: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
It Will cost u money but it's the best to do to be on the safe side. Get a property lawyer to advice u better.

I think u will have to apply for recovery of your property and they will paste some notices on the door, like twice. After which the magistrate will conduct a trial whether she's there or not. And the judgment will be to evacuate her properties.

She can't hold u ransom.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2019
excanny:
It Will cost u money but it's the best to do to be on the safe side. Get a property lawyer to advice u better.

I think u will have to apply for recovery of your property and they will paste some notices on the door, like twice. After which the magistrate will conduct a trial whether she's there or not. And the judgment will be to evacuate her properties.

She can't hold u ransom.
Can i send this application to rent tribunal?
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2019
paix:
Just hire some lepers and give them one room to stay in the compound. That would serve as a quit notice.
Oga u want make i shot myself too, cos i dey live for the compound too.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by paix(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2019
benpuzzy:
Oga u want make i shot myself too, cos i dey live for the compound too.
Sorry sir. I would suggest you go on a vacation during this sanitation process.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
paix:
Sorry sir. I would suggest you go on a vacation during this sanitation process.
Ok sir.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by excanny: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
benpuzzy:
Can i send this application to rent tribunal?

sure.

Please issue a quit notice to this tenant today if you haven't done that. Paste it on her entranceThe earlier you do this the better.

I've been thru this, and it's usually a long thing. Not funny at all.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
excanny:

sure.

Please issue a quit notice to this tenant today if you haven't done that. Paste it on her entranceThe earlier you do this the better.

I've been thru this, and it's usually a long thing. Not funny at all.
I have issued her "notice to quit" on two different occassions just that she used some policemen to beg me then, now those men are no longer in town i don't know if i should present copies of the notices to tribunal or i should issue another one is her absent?
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by excanny: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
benpuzzy:
I have issued her "notice to quit" on two different occassions just that she used some policemen to beg me then, now those men are no longer in town i don't know if i should present copies of the notices to tribunal or i should issue another one is her absent?

Use the last quit notice. Then tell your lawyer to issue a 7 days notice to recover property.

Then take the 2 wherever with you.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by excanny: 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
The problem with Nigeria is that there's no records.

All irresponsible tenants should have their names in a database that landlords can look at before letting out their houses.

Tenants who don't pay rents or abandon their tenancy without informing the landlord should have their cases submitted for future reference. That way people will start behaving well.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by benpuzzy(m): 4:58am On Nov 23, 2019
excanny:
The problem with Nigeria is that there's no records.

All irresponsible tenants should have their names in a database that landlords can look at before letting out their houses.

Tenants who don't pay rents or abandon their tenancy without informing the landlord should have their cases submitted for future reference. That way people will start behaving well.
They normally come with someone that you respect alot a person that you cant say no to his/her request but when things turn the other way round the person that introduced the tenant will show you how disappointed he/she is with the new attitude and leave you with walala.
Re: How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
benpuzzy:
This one for make sense but i no know where i go get Calabash.

Don't try it,that's called empty vessel,if you try it and you're not a strong person your own don finish be that oo,if she reciprocate the way and unfortunately for you her own would be real.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easy Online Marketplace For Businesses / Cassava Processing / Okrika Or Katangowa:(second Hand Cloths) Isnt It The Best Clothing & Lucrative 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.